Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

May stay in Oakland through 2019 :lol: awkward

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/derekcarrqb/status/846431134531502080

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

That's my QB

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

I wonder how the league will prepare for the shitstorm of speculation on officiating in Vegas games.

Or they won't. :munch:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
https://twitter.com/FauxJohnMadden/status/846431115829219328

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I think it's San Francisco

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

a neat cape posted:

I think it's San Francisco

Ignoring the amusing jokes about the browns and the Santa Clara 49ers, and using "metropolitan areas" to avoid the vagaries of city limits that artificially skew "city size" in some ways...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Metropolitan_Statistical_Areas

Maybe riverside-san bernadino-ontario (but this is usually included in the larger LA area), or else it's san diego at #17 and then St. Louis at #20.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
https://twitter.com/FootballExpert/status/846402096324788225

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

I wonder what makes you register a domain on Christmas day?

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
https://twitter.com/staceyaugmon/status/846429576402292739

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Grittybeard posted:

Lease disputes

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

https://twitter.com/lorenzogreyes/status/846438393462468608

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Grittybeard posted:

Media won't notice.

The Raiders are going to have a flashy, gaudy new stadium which doesn't fit their outlaw image at all.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Grittybeard posted:

Al gave him a Christmas present by giving mark a peek at his will.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Bigass Moth posted:

Media won't notice.

The Raiders are going to have a flashy, gaudy new stadium which doesn't fit their outlaw image at all.

They haven't fit their own outlaw image in decades

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The cheerleaders should just be legit strippers.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
lol I love Stephen Ross. Dudes proving to be one of the better owners.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

whiteyfats posted:

:agreed:

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

The AFC West is going to own the next couple years, what with the Chargers playing to disinterested fans on a soccer stadium and the Raiders playing to disinterested fans on a baseball diamond.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm so there to watch the Chiefs on that soccer field.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

kiimo posted:

I'm so there to watch the Chiefs on that soccer field.

I would be but gently caress those prices

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

I'm also pretty excited to see the raiders play down there. Strap some phone books to your torso, there's gunna be some stabbings.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
It's going to be real awkward if during one of these lameduck years the Raiders win the Super Bowl only to move the next year. Or win the Super Bowl the first year after they've left.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

It's going to be real awkward if during one of these lameduck years the Raiders win the Super Bowl only to move the next year. Or win the Super Bowl the first year after they've left.

both of these would rule because of the stupid drama it would probably create.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Like when the Ravens won. :allears:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

whiteyfats posted:

Like when the Ravens won. :allears:

Yeah but imagine if they were the Baltimore Browns in name too

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Hell, that's basically what happened in the early 80s. They won the Super Bowl in 1980, moved to LA for the 1982 season, won it again in 1983.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Welp once again everyone loses except the NFL and a small subset of football fans

Sucks

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

whiteyfats posted:

The XFL is back, baby!

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Leperflesh posted:

Ignoring the amusing jokes about the browns and the Santa Clara 49ers, and using "metropolitan areas" to avoid the vagaries of city limits that artificially skew "city size" in some ways...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Metropolitan_Statistical_Areas

Maybe riverside-san bernadino-ontario (but this is usually included in the larger LA area), or else it's san diego at #17 and then St. Louis at #20.

The Inland Empire has zero professional sports teams whatsoever despite having 4.5M residents and still growing rapidly.

We do have some really good minor league baseball teams though and there's plenty of pro teams about an hour away in LA, OC and SD.

EDIT: gently caress, the Chargers should move to Ontario or San Bernardino instead.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Man, gently caress today

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Paperback Writer posted:

Man, gently caress today

Welcome, friend

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Adun posted:

Welp once again everyone loses except the NFL and a small subset of football fans

Sucks

Oakland doesn't have to pay out the nose for a financial sinkhole so they can claim that as a victory.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

FCKGW posted:

The Inland Empire has zero professional sports teams whatsoever despite having 4.5M residents and still growing rapidly.

We do have some really good minor league baseball teams though and there's plenty of pro teams about an hour away in LA, OC and SD.

EDIT: gently caress, the Chargers should move to Ontario or San Bernardino instead.

Well yeah but the Inland Empire is basically just an LA suburb, right?

yes I know not really but that's what the rest of the country thinks so that's what prevails

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I was in Vegas last weekend and watched this happen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmJy6eDYHxE

I can't wait to add Raider fans to the mix. (when his face hit the ground the entire breezeway shook)

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

yes I know not really but that's what the rest of the country thinks so that's what prevails

I think the rest of the country thinks all of southern California is an LA suburb

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Leperflesh posted:

It's a 3 hour drive to Vegas

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Is there any money in the Inland Empire? The only time I ever hear it mentioned is in relation to how trailer trash it is.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Eli Wiggum posted:

I wonder why Miami voted no
"gently caress that, we're not letting anyone go undefeated"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

Blitz7x posted:

The Mojave War Boys are a reality