Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

Ice Fist posted:

It also had pretty good damage. I'm not on the level of spergatory of getting damage numbers, but black moblins were a couple of hits away from death after using it.

Well, poo poo, now I've been invoked, so I guess it's :science: time.

On the Silver Lynel in the Coliseum Ruins, Urbosa's Fury did a nice, even 500 damage. That seemed to be the max no matter how much I charged it. It looks like charging the attack for multiple levels would have some kind of additional effect, because it seems to send out more 'rings' when you keep charging, but if there's another effect, I can't tell what it is. I will say that enemies further from the center took less damage; one of the Bokoblins right above the Lynel was killed, but another one was only hit for around 150 and the third was unharmed. There's definitely a vertical limit on the attack's effectiveness, too, because the Lizalfos and Moblins were completely unharmed despite being directly above enemies who were hurt or even killed by the attack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

Internet Kraken posted:

I wonder why you can only save 48 pics. What a weird number. They really couldn't fit in two more spaces for 50?

Also is there anyway to view saved album pics fullscreen and without the slate effect over it?

12 per page
edit: maybe 16...I don't have the game in front of me at the moment

Team_q
Jul 30, 2007

I was doing the TerryTown quest for the rich dude to kill some Guardians in the Nearby wetlands. It was nighttime and during the ensuing battle a thunderstorm started. Instead of being just a low lying forest, the wetlands began to flood! Which made me have to pay better attention to terrain.

Also, I think rain slippin', food and durability are good, and are mostly there for soft gates to get the player to try other things, or move back to towns/back to old areas for weapons.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Spergatory posted:

It looks like charging the attack for multiple levels would have some kind of additional effect, because it seems to send out more 'rings' when you keep charging, but if there's another effect, I can't tell what it is.

I'm pretty sure the radius increases.

TheJadedOne
Aug 13, 2004
I keep seeing this swirls of light color butterflies in places. Do you do anything with those?

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
What's a good stamina elixer recipe? I want to catch the white horse but don't have quite enough stamina and would rather use a recipe right now that repurpose my hearts.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

GobiasIndustries posted:

What's a good stamina elixer recipe? I want to catch the white horse but don't have quite enough stamina and would rather use a recipe right now that repurpose my hearts.

Why not food? Cook some "Enduring" food, like Endura Shrooms.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Huh, just had a silver lynel that dropped a star fragment, guess it must be somewhat rare.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

AlexJade posted:

I keep seeing this swirls of light color butterflies in places. Do you do anything with those?

Run up and examine them (with the A button). Yahaha!

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Harrow posted:

Why not food? Cook some "Enduring" food, like Endura Shrooms.

Do those boost your stamina past the regular limits? I tossed a few Stamella schrooms in with raw meat and it didn't boost my stamina past my max regular level.

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer

comingafteryouall posted:

Did you read the diary next to the Blood Moon shrine?

At least a dozen times.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

grilldos posted:

At least a dozen times.

Trap sprung, it's EXTREMELY rude to read peoples' diaries.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

GobiasIndustries posted:

Do those boost your stamina past the regular limits? I tossed a few Stamella schrooms in with raw meat and it didn't boost my stamina past my max regular level.

Yes. "Stamella" food only restores your stamina, but "Enduring" or "Endura" food gives you bonus maximum stamina, just like "Hearty" food with hearts.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

a.lo posted:

I lost my Hylian Shield. I got shooked real good by an electo bat on a high mountain top and it fell. It fell a long distance. I tired looking for it but can't find it. I lost the drat thing. I lost it good!

You... you know you could have loaded an autosave from like 2 minutes prior, right?

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

You... you know you could have loaded an autosave from like 2 minutes prior, right?

live with your mistakes

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

a.lo posted:

yeah the guardian amiibo sells them

Oh, well, I'll just load myself in my BotW Amiibo Cannon and fire myself into the BotW Amiibo city where BotW Amiibos grow on BotW Amiibo trees.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Hard Mode: only one save slot, all saves overwrite that one. Auto-save every few seconds, Dark Souls-style. Dying returns you to the last shrine you visited or fast traveled to (or the entrance, if you die during a dungeon or shrine) and all the weapons you broke, ammo you used, and food you ate stay gone.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

hard mode, you only get to save if you have an amiibo, and you can save only once per amiibo

Sidon in stores now!

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Another touch I like is Link bracing himself as he's standing on a platform that goes from still to moving

Link actually has a shitton of unique idle animations that people will probably never notice, it's great. Personal favourite is when you get spotted by a guardian while standing still, Link will actually give a little "ohshit" flinch when the music kicks in.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
This game has a ton of good idle animations you can easily never notice. Today when I was preparing to cover an enemy camp with bomb arrows, I noticed the lizalfos were gesturing at each other. It looked like they were having a very casual conversation by the campfire. It was cute, so of course I interrupted it by murdering them.

WanderingKid
Feb 27, 2005

lives here...

Internet Kraken posted:

Speaking of difficulty, the enemies consistently giving me the most difficulty on my naked run are bokoblin archers on horses. Those fuckers have sniper aim and see you from a mile away. In order to get past a silver and black bokolbin pair I climbed up a tree, jumped off it for the slowdown, and then carpet bombed them with a 3x bomb arrow blast. The objective wasn't to kill them though. It was just to kill their dumb horses so they wouldn't have anything to ride when I went to engage them up close.

Hmm? When I need arrows I just go to the bow marker on my map which has 4 or 5 of those guys on horseback. I just point the camera towards the ground and stand still and they miss every single shot. I think they only reliably hit if you are looking straight at them or something.

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
I think I've spent more rupees on arrows in this game than the combined amount of rupees I've ever spent in all previous games in the series including times I replayed them

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

I think I've spent more rupees on arrows in this game than the combined amount of rupees I've ever spent in all previous games in the series including times I replayed them

Same, I single-handedly filled Beedle's retirement fund and put his children through college.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Internet Kraken posted:

This game has a ton of good idle animations you can easily never notice.
I love how the monster masks change Link's idle animation so he's actually trying to blend in as that monster. Some of them are so subtle. Moblin mask Link is just him holding his shoulders a bit differently, it's easy to miss compared to the Bokoblin mask's scary jazz hands pose. I adore the little touches like that all over this game.

Robot Hobo fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Mar 27, 2017

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
the korok that's back in your Minority Report rear end ressurection chamber is maybe the best joke in the whole game

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Moltrey posted:

the korok that's back in your Minority Report rear end ressurection chamber is maybe the best joke in the whole game

Woah what?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Yeah, there's a korok that spawns there after you leave the Great Plateau maybe? It doesn't do anything different, but i dunno going back there 87 hours later to find the guy was funny for me

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
So I just had one of those moments of legit magic that this game loves to deliver. I'm about to fight a Lynel on Hyrule Ridge when I see a streak cut across the night sky. Star Fragments are hard to come by, where Lynels are a dime a dozen these days, so of course I immediately Revali's Gale into the sky, eating a level 3 movement speed boost and donning my Sheikah Set to cut across the night like a dark comet. As I practically Pegasus-Sprint across the barren landscape, it starts pouring down rain. I barely notice. I'm too busy chasing the light. It isn't until I am almost upon it that I realize-- the Star Fragment is on the other side of Tanagar Canyon. I am not high enough to paraglide to it. Any attempt would land me on a sheer cliff well below it, which the pouring rain would make it impossible to climb. There is no bridge in sight, and I just used my last Revali's Gale. It will not return before the dawn. There is nothing I can do.

But just when it seems that I am fated to watch helplessly as the little bit of starlight melts in the morning sun, my eye is caught by a brilliant, fiery red glow. I turn to see none other than Dinraal, slithering steadily through the canyon, my savior in my hour of need. With not a moment to spare, I leap into the canyon and catch the dragon's updrafts, riding the wind all the way to the other side of the canyon to snatch the Star Fragment just as the sun rises.

Thanks, dragon buddy. :clint:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
drat, Spergatory...and here I am shooting Moblin's in the crotch and giggling...

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

a cartoon duck posted:

Same, I single-handedly filled Beedle's retirement fund and put his children through college.

THANK YOUUUUUU!

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I need hightail lizards and sunset fireflies. Where to cop.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

Bogart posted:

I need hightail lizards and sunset fireflies. Where to cop.

Put on the full Sheikah Set and walk around Kakariko at night for Sunset Fireflies. Same armor set for Hightail Lizards, but look on trees in the Necludas. I also find a shocking amount of Hightail Lizards by doing spin attacks in the grass.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Also, take a picture of each and use your upgraded sensor to help you track them. Tracking with the sensor combined with the stealth set makes it really easy to get a bunch.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

WanderingKid posted:

Hmm? When I need arrows I just go to the bow marker on my map which has 4 or 5 of those guys on horseback. I just point the camera towards the ground and stand still and they miss every single shot. I think they only reliably hit if you are looking straight at them or something.

Please to be posting a screen cap of your spot.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Bum the Sad posted:

Please to be posting a screen cap of your spot.

Theres a video on ign of someone doing this

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer
The intentional and unintentional comedy in this thread keeps me coming back.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Thunder blight ganon is probably one of my least favorite bosses in any game ever. Words cannot describe how much I hate his piece of poo poo.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Despera posted:

Theres a video on ign of someone doing this

This is hilarious!

http://www.ign.com/videos/2017/03/17/infinite-arrows-cheat-zelda-breath-of-the-wild

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer

veni veni veni posted:

Thunder blight ganon is probably one of my least favorite bosses in any game ever. Words cannot describe how much I hate his piece of poo poo.

Cryonis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I know that part of it. It still doesn't change that he completely breaks the camera and targeting and is just all around incredibly cheap.