Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Zelda looks good enough, the Switch looks interesting enough, and I got enough back from my tax return that I'm willing to (possibly foolishly) buy a new system for it. I just wish I had realized all this back when the supply was only at "it might be on sale at one retailer each day for 10 minutes" levels of scarcity and not "lol nope" levels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

lelandjs posted:

*double checks dates*

Oh dang, you're right. Felt like a launch title, though!

I assume you mean Wario Land II and yes, that game was amazing. The :aaaaa: that ensued when I got to the end and I realised it wasn't the end after all was amazing. It's probably my favorite Game Boy game.

Yeah wario land 2 was fuckin rad with all the alternate routes and poo poo, and also not being able to die was a huge bonus for ?7? year old me

CVagts posted:

Zelda looks good enough, the Switch looks interesting enough, and I got enough back from my tax return that I'm willing to (possibly foolishly) buy a new system for it. I just wish I had realized all this back when the supply was only at "it might be on sale at one retailer each day for 10 minutes" levels of scarcity and not "lol nope" levels.

That's what I did with my tax return! tax return pals <3

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

lelandjs posted:

*double checks dates*

Oh dang, you're right. Felt like a launch title, though!

I assume you mean Wario Land II and yes, that game was amazing. The :aaaaa: that ensued when I got to the end and I realised it wasn't the end after all was amazing. It's probably my favorite Game Boy game.

Whoops, actually I meant the first Wario Land. Never played II.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
I'm eating dinner and watching shark tank to pay my respects to those better than me, and my Switch is just sitting idly in it's dock. Value rapidly wasting away.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Virtual Boy Wario is the best Wario

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

lelandjs posted:

Have the people complaining about not having Switch games to play in the period between now and ARMS/Mario Kart not played Binding of Isaac? Because it's a giant timesink of a game with near-infinite replayability.

I would if Nicalis released it here in the UK. Goodness sake why are they taking so long???

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I wasn't sold on the Switch coming out, but seeing how BotW is apparently amazing, I guess I need one now. Though I'll wait until my birthday in July to pick it up. Supply issues should be over by then

BotW is personally my favorite game ever and is easily worth the cost of a Switch.

The Switch is still an excellent piece of hardware though.

Ornamented Death
Jan 25, 2006

Pew pew!

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I'm eating dinner and watching shark tank to pay my respects to those better than me, and my Switch is just sitting idly in it's dock. Value rapidly wasting away.

You monster. What would Mr. Wonderful say?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Call Me Charlie posted:

Virtual Boy Wario is the best Wario

I'm still pissed Nintendo didn't remaster this on 3DS. It's so good.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
my only gripe about the switch is the inability to charge while its in kickstand mode, which i have solved by buying a kickstand that allows for it

its now the perfect gaming console

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

CVagts posted:

hey bud, its a lot of fun and there will be a lot of games coming out that you may enjoy including Mario Kart 8 and Splatoon

Also, if you havent ever played Shovel Knight, then you can pick that up right now. Its my favorite platformer ever made

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Shovel Knight is the perfect game. It's out on a lot of systems but I dig the portability and instant co-op of the Switch version

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

People keep forgetting all the great new IP that came out on 3DS eShop like Pushmo and BoxBoy

Anyone found insulting my son BoxBoy will taste my steel

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

eonwe posted:

hey bud, its a lot of fun and there will be a lot of games coming out that you may enjoy including Mario Kart 8 and Splatoon

Also, if you havent ever played Shovel Knight, then you can pick that up right now. Its my favorite platformer ever made

I'm sure I will find some games to enjoy it. My primary concern right now is finding a Switch to buy.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Dr Cheeto posted:

Shovel Knight is the perfect game. It's out on a lot of systems but I dig the portability and instant co-op of the Switch version

I think the Switch is going to replace Steam for me for indie games, being able to play all these games wherever I want is going to own

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Snake Pass is going to own

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

VideoGames posted:

I would if Nicalis released it here in the UK. Goodness sake why are they taking so long???

They have to translate the entire game into British. Calm your chips.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

VideoGames posted:

Just buy it on the US store.

PAL gets boned on release dates

But gently caress release dates because ~region free~

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

The Milkman posted:

I wish we were getting boxboy amiibo :(. It's like $50 to import.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Infinitum posted:

Just buy it on the US store.

PAL gets boned on release dates

But gently caress release dates because ~region free~

I don't want 2 accounts :mad: (I just like having the one logon - it's a strange compulsion)

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

VideoGames posted:

I don't want 2 accounts :mad: (I just like having the one logon)

You could be playing the Puyo Puyo demo RIGHT NOW if you had a Japanese account.

Give in to your feelings

You know them to be true

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Anyone know if the Switch is getting a Harvest Moon/Rune Factory game this year?

And no, I don't mean Stardew Valley. I want anime.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

eonwe posted:

what aggravates me is there is that notch for a theoretical super thin usb-c cable that could work with the kickstand.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

an actual dog posted:

They should do a weird sports game staring Waluigi

Waluigi dodgeball

Line up mario characters on a wall and pick the best on your team

focus on the fat little dopey toad that's on the enemy team and make sure he never has fun

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Toad is the fastest though

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Kirios posted:

BotW is personally my favorite game ever and is easily worth the cost of a Switch.

The Switch is still an excellent piece of hardware though.

My biggest concern is 3rd party support. I love my Mario and Zelda and FE, but Nintendo never getting games like, Tomb Raider, was really lame.

Maybe the Switch will surprise me with FO4 GOTY Edition

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
If the Switch continues to sell as well as they have been saying it will for the past few weeks, 3rd party publishers would be dumb to continue to ignore Nintendo. There's no longer any excuse since this is by all accounts an easy system to develop for, and the install base might be larger than the Wii U's lifetime install base by Christmas.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!
so apparently this is on the lego undercover box

thoughts?

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

The Milkman posted:

His name is Qbby...

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Mahoning posted:

If the Switch continues to sell as well as they have been saying it will for the past few weeks, 3rd party publishers would be dumb to continue to ignore Nintendo. There's no longer any excuse since this is by all accounts an easy system to develop for, and the install base might be larger than the Wii U's lifetime install base by Christmas.
Depends on how well the Switch can handle ports of PS4/Xbone/PC games. Dragon Quest Heroes is all we really have to go by at the moment and it's kind of bad. But it was also farmed out and not done by Square themselves iirc. I doubt most companies will make Switch exclusive games.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Stux posted:

thoughts?

Absolute bullshit*. They make large size cards for the switch Zelda is a good example.

What I suspect is there are different storage cards at different prices. They're trying to come under 59.99 price point.

*pending someone actually putting the card in and running the game on airplane mode.

incoherent fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Mar 27, 2017

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Stux posted:

thoughts?

The entire BoTW download was like 13 gigs what could they possibly need 13 gigs in addition to the cart for

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!
the game on wii u is around 19gb. the cart is around 7gb in size and asks for a 13gb download. the box has "internet required" on the front:

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Stux posted:

thoughts?

This is the price of third party support

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Confirms my suspicion: they're offloading the cost of the cards to the end user by using the built-in 32gigs or expanded storage.

lovely, but they're getting in on the ground floor with the switch so they can ask for that storage.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Stux posted:

thoughts?

Some people think it's the publisher's way to skirt around having to fork out extra to Nintendo for a larger cart, so they push the need to download a huge part of the game on the consumer.

Smart? lovely? I don't know but having to download over half the game to my console defeats the purpose of going physical.

efb

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Infinitum posted:

You could be playing the Puyo Puyo demo RIGHT NOW if you had a Japanese account.

Give in to your feelings

You know them to be true

Mario is actually Italian.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Stux posted:

thoughts?

its insanely stupid to buy a cartridge and have to store 13 gigs on your console

thats what the cartridge is for

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I hope having less than half the game on the cart isn't gonna be a ~thing~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Louisgod posted:

Some people think it's the publisher's way to skirt around having to fork out extra to Nintendo for a larger cart, so they push the need to download a huge part of the game on the consumer.

Smart? lovely? I don't know but having to download over half the game to my console defeats the purpose of going physical.

efb

Phy releases can go on sale and be sold in the used game market. The way the game release list is looking like, i'll let other take the brunt of the storage and costs and pick up the game used. At that point the storage demands won't be as bad.

Dr Cheeto posted:

I hope having less than half the game on the cart isn't gonna be a ~thing~

I really hope nintendo isn't loving over third parties by charging a profit on the cartridges.

incoherent fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Mar 27, 2017

• Locked thread