Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

sharknado slashfic posted:

I would like the Orioles to keep breaking fangraphs.

I would like the Royals to go back to doing this, and also breaking my brain in a good way instead of a bad one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller
I want Yoan Moncada to not flame out and turn into the cool dude I was promised.

Also I hope Melky does OK, I like that guy

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Ammat The Ankh posted:

I want the Giants to convert save opportunities at a league-average or better rate.

I bet you want to live on the moon this year, too, bud

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

While we're wishing for things that won't happen, I'd like Rich Hill and Hyun Jin Ryu to each make 30+ starts for the Dodgers this year.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe
I'd like Edwin Encarnacion to be so unhappy in Cleveland that they trade him back to Toronto. TIA.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
I would like for Alex Reyes to make a full recovery in time for 2018.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

The Walrus posted:

I said *hope*! he's having a fantastic ST. But even just the GG would be cool.

He has no power and can't help but swing at anything near the zone tumbling off the plate into the dirt in the other batters while I yell at him from space.

ego symphonic
Feb 23, 2010

I would like for Bryce Harper to be my best friend and to go on adventures together

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Bryce Harper told me that if I could strike him out he would be my friend

~one day~

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
I want David Price to actually have wolverine's muscle tissue in his left shoulder/elbow and be OK.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Intruder posted:

Bryce Harper told me that if I could strike him out he would be my friend

~one day~

Hmmm.

Assume I am pitching to Bryce Harper. I am a 32 year old man with no baseball experience whose "fastball" topped out at 53 mph at the latest Cubs Convention. Give me a major league average defense behind me. Also assume that he can't walk, isn't allowed to bunt, and doesn't get to take a base when I hit him (he also doesn't get to fight me when I hit him). If you tell Bryce Harper that his goal is to get the highest OBP against me and he actually focuses on this, how high could he reasonably get it?

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

He has no power and can't help but swing at anything near the zone tumbling off the plate into the dirt in the other batters while I yell at him from space.

I mean yeah I agree, it's not going to happen I know it. but his at bats really look good this spring. nice discipline, good sense of the zone. don't actually think I've seen him SO in the game's I've seen. obviously he's never going to be a power hitter but if he can hit opposite to a shift on a somewhat regular basis setting up top of the order that would be such an incredibly key piece in the jays arsenal

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Inspector_666 posted:

A Cyndergaard?

:mmmhmm:

I'm also really encouraged by Zack Wheeler's progress, and I hope he does well. I just want the Mets to stay healthy and have a good season and also win a World Series, and I don't think that's too much to ask.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry

Inspector_666 posted:

Wasn't there another Cuban player who came over and did the same thing? Was it Yoenis?

http://deadspin.com/aroldis-chapman...dium=socialflow

If those are anything like what you can get at Portos in LA area, I could definitely power down a dozen and then feel really really lovely the rest of the day.

Also, got tickets from my boss for Angels/Dodgers this Thursday. Not sure if I'm going to get tickets for real games right away, haven't looked in to getting any just yet.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I hope Loria finally sells the team

Strasburgs UCL
Jul 28, 2009

Hang in there little buddy

ego symphonic posted:

I would like for Bryce Harper to be my best friend and to go on adventures together

Same.

But as long as we're dreaming I also wanna see Trea Turner hit for the cycle this year. He was short of a it by a double one of the games I went to last year. It seems crazy to say it about something as difficult to accomplish as hitting for the cycle but it seems like its just a matter of time for him.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Poque posted:

Hmmm.

Assume I am pitching to Bryce Harper. I am a 32 year old man with no baseball experience whose "fastball" topped out at 53 mph at the latest Cubs Convention. Give me a major league average defense behind me. Also assume that he can't walk, isn't allowed to bunt, and doesn't get to take a base when I hit him (he also doesn't get to fight me when I hit him). If you tell Bryce Harper that his goal is to get the highest OBP against me and he actually focuses on this, how high could he reasonably get it?

Depending on how long the session is and how well Harper can ignore the (I assume) large percentage of balls you'd be throwing, I think he could get over .800 by focusing solely on hitting line drives into right center.

Also, I hope you have health insurance.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I would like the Phillies to not suck

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Julio Cruz posted:

Depending on how long the session is and how well Harper can ignore the (I assume) large percentage of balls you'd be throwing, I think he could get over .800 by focusing solely on hitting line drives into right center.

Also, I hope you have health insurance.

I nearly included a caveat that he wasn't allowed to go straight at my face once he was 1/1. I was thinking that over .800 should be easily achievable for him too.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
re: Tebow

https://twitter.com/eutimioc2/status/846479195421102080

:ughh:

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Just a tad late.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Popete posted:

Just a tad late.

He's doing something egregiously wrong with every part of his body.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

FlamingLiberal posted:

I hope Loria finally sells the team

But not to someone who is even more evil than him, please.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

The Walrus posted:

I mean yeah I agree, it's not going to happen I know it. but his at bats really look good this spring. nice discipline, good sense of the zone. don't actually think I've seen him SO in the game's I've seen. obviously he's never going to be a power hitter but if he can hit opposite to a shift on a somewhat regular basis setting up top of the order that would be such an incredibly key piece in the jays arsenal

I would like for Kevin Pillar to reach double digits in walks.

But for real, I am hoping for Liriano to look as good as he did in Pittsburgh. This mostly relies on his BB/9 rate, I think.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

how is Tebow still in MLB camp the season starts next week

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
I want opening day to be a pleasant mid 60s day.

And the Yankees to suck. Cause I'm petty.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Zack Wheeler's hairline is loving tragic for a 26-year-old.

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004

bawfuls posted:

While we're wishing for things that won't happen, I'd like Rich Hill and Hyun Jin Ryu to each make 30+ starts for the Dodgers this year.

You'll have to settle for 28 combined starts, the other 32 starts will feature 85 mph fastballs from Scott Kazmir, Brandon McCarthy, and a 27 year old AAA journeyman whose name we don't know yet.

UZR IS BULLSHIT fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Mar 27, 2017

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Julio Cruz posted:

Zack Wheeler's hairline is loving tragic for a 26-year-old.

He's got more than I did at 26 :smith:

The tight buzz/shave is the way to go anyway

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Carlosologist posted:

Still selling tickets and jerseys.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

The Walrus posted:

If he doesn't learn to take a walk (he won't) his OBP is gonna have a heck of a time staying above .300. He doesn't even strike out that much its just that he hits so much poo poo that's borderline or worse and thus makes a lot of bad contact.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

Intruder posted:

I want the Astros to actually beat the Rangers a few times

Let's stick to realistic goals

canadianclassic
Nov 3, 2004

I too would like KP to win a gold glove but the other kevin is like really loving good at defense

My main wish is for Aaron Sanchez to be in CY contention with the rest of the rotation holding strong (and marcus stroman continuing to improve). And a world series i guess

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Sydin posted:

Maddon actually lets Russell steal bags like he's said he wants to, and Addy has himself a 20/20 year. Baez is also a candidate for 20+ steals but I'm not sure if he'll generate enough contact to hit 20 bombs.

Also this, please don't regress to hard Kyle. :pray:

I want Schwarber to stay healthy all year and mash 40 dingers.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Maybe he was looking for something off-speed

Like an underhand pitch

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

You'll have to settle for 28 combined starts, the other 32 starts will feature 85 mph fastballs from Scott Kazmir, Brandon McCarthy, and a 27 year old AAA journeyman whose name we don't know yet.
Yes, and the Dodgers will still beat the Giants by 8 games only to get bounced in the NLCS again

secular woods sex
Aug 1, 2000
I dispense wisdom by the gallon.
I want Michael Martinez to be released and then shot out of a cannon into the sun. FREE YANDY DIAZ.

Nick Rivers
Nov 23, 2004
I want Mike Zunino to be an average-ish hitter. He doesn't have to be great or even good, just not super awful.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

I love that this doesn't even need to be a video clip or a gif to illustrate the point.

In fact this somehow makes it better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Carlosologist posted:

Because the mets like money and people keep giving it to them as long as they throw him on the field.

• Locked thread