Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's a randomly generated dungeon that locks after specific points in the story so it is the same thing as Tartarus, effectively.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015
Tartarus is tolerable but it must suck in comparison when there are actual seemingly good dungeons in the game now.
I assume it's a lot smaller.

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

Item Getter posted:

Tartarus is tolerable but it must suck in comparison when there are actual seemingly good dungeons in the game now.

It's a lot smaller and simpler than Tartarus. It's mostly a place to do sidequests and fight when there are no main dungeons available.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Item Getter posted:

I would rather the two dungeons I don't like in this game than Mementos, yes.

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015
Yeah it sounds like it's almost just the obligatory SMT Grind/Recruit old demons Dungeon like Sea Arc, Devil's Peak, Kasugayama bomb shelter etc.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

It's pretty strange that they seemed to have had decent emphasis on making interesting and unique dungeons to improve on previous games, only to keep the same generic dungeon format they were moving away from with Mementos.

SyntheticPolygon fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Mar 27, 2017

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
Maybe the Japanese audience just really, really likes their bland grind towers?

Simple Simon
Dec 29, 2008

"Good sir, would you fancy a Salmon tartar?"
So, a weird question.

Should I buy P5 and get and old out my old PS3 (tho I haven't used it for 2-3 years) or should I borrow my friend's PS4 (he hasn't really used it much and he fine with me borrowing it for 2 or 3 weeks) and get it there?

Is the graphics better/smoother frame rate or no big difference?

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Captain Baal posted:

As the resident P5 hater, ama

Is Mara in the game

Alternatively, are Cu Sith and Mothman in this game

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Simple Simon posted:

So, a weird question.

Should I buy P5 and get and old out my old PS3 (tho I haven't used it for 2-3 years) or should I borrow my friend's PS4 (he hasn't really used it much and he fine with me borrowing it for 2 or 3 weeks) and get it there?

Nothing big unless you're looking at them side by side for loading times or NPCs in a crowd.

Plus you won't be pressured to finish. Walmart.com and Amazon price match has it for $42.49 as well.

Dehry fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Mar 27, 2017

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Simple Simon posted:

So, a weird question.

I would say PS4 if only because it is a better version, though not astronomically so, and it does your bud a solid too by giving them access to a new game (even if they don't end up playing it, it's a nice option).
PS3 version still looks really good, has the same target frame rate and assets as PS4 too. Just worse texture filtering and render resolution. As a counter balance to even that though, I've read that better texture filtering isn't necessarily a good thing with P5 because some of the texture work is bad, though better render res is objectively better. I've not seen either version in the flesh so it's just hearsay though.

Dehry posted:

Plus you won't be pressured to finish. Walmart.com and Amazon price match has it for $42.49 as well.

This is pretty cheap though, cheaper than what I've seen for the UK version of the PS3 Persona 5*. I'd have been tempted if I could have saved £15 for the PS3 version over PS4 rather than just £8 (i bought a £50 PSN card for £46 and have £3 in my wallet :v:)

*Research may have consisted of checking one or two sites and saying gently caress researching this

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Mar 27, 2017

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Is Mara in the game

Alternatively, are Cu Sith and Mothman in this game

Yes to all.

Simple Simon
Dec 29, 2008

"Good sir, would you fancy a Salmon tartar?"

Dehry posted:

Nothing big unless you're looking at them side by side for loading times or NPCs in a crowd.

Are you saying I won't finish this?! Are you daft or something?!
I will 100% this game just you wait.

Tho, I've played P4 like three times but never finished it since I felt like I HAD to do everything AND do it right.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Can I fuse Yoshitsune and spam Hassou Tobi???

GoneRampant
Aug 19, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
What are my best chances to get the Take Your Heart edition in Ireland? Both of the game stores I've visited have said they're not getting the special edition, so I'm guessing I'd be best off ordering it online and getting it shipped here (Something I don't often do).

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

GoneRampant posted:

What are my best chances to get the Take Your Heart edition in Ireland? Both of the game stores I've visited have said they're not getting the special edition, so I'm guessing I'd be best off ordering it online and getting it shipped here (Something I don't often do).

I would order jic I mean it's not worth $120 or w/e on the gray market if you miss out either.

@Captain Baal: I think P5 will be good and fun :smith:

Also I thought the female SL were more popular than guys? Maybe? I like Goro because detectives and he looks somewhat mature for a HS person.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The first character poll they did for P5 after the game came out in japan, Goro won by a god drat landslide. He even beat out the MC who usually win these polls.

Lakbay posted:

Can I fuse Yoshitsune and spam Hassou Tobi???

They literally did not fix how fuckin busted Yoshitsune is

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I'm gonna play the Personal Five game

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

verbal enema posted:

I'm gonna play the Personal Five game

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Does that have any cross over with Fast Furious Five in any way? I mean, Fast 5 is pretty much a heist film and the group in this game are thieves...

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Jimbot posted:

Does that have any cross over with Fast Furious Five in any way? I mean, Fast 5 is pretty much a heist film and the group in this game are thieves...

:eyepop:

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Jimbot posted:

Your highschool gf is voiced by The Rock.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Jimbot posted:

Spoilers goddammit

slev
Apr 6, 2009

How does the Paul Walker social link end

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Captain Baal posted:

Good because that's how I've beaten all the final bosses in the personas I've played. Except p3p where I fused a bunch of armageddon cards and killed the final boss in four rounds

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

slev posted:

You spent a long time with Paul.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

slev posted:

You realize he's your best bud but eventually you'll have to go your own separate ways and you start crying.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Captain Baal posted:

The first character poll they did for P5 after the game came out in japan, Goro won by a god drat landslide. He even beat out the MC who usually win these polls.

Didn't Japan also pick Yukiko over Chie? I mean I haven't played the game but they already have a history of being objectively wrong.

quote:

The real question is can you dick with fusion at low levels and fuse in Victory Cry so the rest of the game is using all abilities all the time instead of hoarding SP.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Idr Yukiko placing higher than chie but idr any polls on P4 that weren't like the one that came out after Golden came out and the MC and Yosuke were at the top

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

slev posted:

It's the Sun Social Link from P3 but instead of the story being about a pink alligator it's about fast cars and hot chicks

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Goro/Yusuke/Makoto party

only the best boys and girls

ntan1
Apr 29, 2009

sempai noticed me
Sowwy futaba is pretty cute

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Harlock posted:

Goro/Yusuke/Makoto party

only the best boys and girls

A man of fine taste, but a Ryuji would be just as good

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Captain Baal posted:

A man of fine taste, but a Ryuji would be just as good

Swapping someone (Goro or Makoto, I guess) for Haru would be far superior.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Can you just keep Morgan as the operator?

Unwanted_Opinion
Apr 10, 2005

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

That Penis Chariot is my waifu

Mara waifu action, NWS (duh):
http://embed.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm21824582

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
im sad Ann apparently falls behind cause it'd just be Ann/Makoto/Goro for me

maybe it'll be better than P4 tho where I swapped in Kanji for Chie and literally never used Teddie or Naoto

I can't remember my P3 team but I dont think I ever swapped out Mitsuru either

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Moltrey posted:

maybe it'll be better than P4 tho where I swapped in Kanji for Chie and literally never used Teddie or Naoto

I can't remember my P3 team but I dont think I ever swapped out Mitsuru either

Fwiw the most worthless chars in P5 (Ann/Haru, basically) are still more useful than the most worthless P3 or P4 chars, in gameplay.

Tae posted:

Can you just keep Morgan as the operator?

Morgana and Futaba do double duty after she joins, Idk what your hate boner for her is though.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Moltrey posted:

this isn't a super intense tactical game or anything, if you want to put your waifu on the team then do it dammit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
When you fuse, do you pick like Golden or are skill results random like base P4? Trying to decide on a difficulty, and I know with Golden I knocked it up to Hard partially because of that.