Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

At the Heart of the city is an Alien horror, so vile and so powerful that not even death can claim it.
webdev is the real joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

:siren:
VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO!!!
:siren:

chromium has known about this for years but they don't fix it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

this is great cause its not even a vs code bug its a bug in chome css animations. the fixes are 1) disable the css when focus is lost (still doesn't fix cpu usage during focus) 2) use javascript for the blink instead.

lmao web "development" is total horseshit

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Malcolm XML posted:

Scariest part of get out is where they all use windows phones as if they are normal people :xd:

i've been noticing more and more how many movies will have both windows phone and chrysler/dodge product placement

a veritable showcase of bronze medals

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Endless Mike posted:

microsoft was never cool wtf

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

start me up

pram
Jun 10, 2001
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTf806u38Ng

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

obviously microsoft has never been cool, it follows from computers never having been cool

one day they may rise up and kill ray kurzweil for us, in which case we may find there are cool computers about, but so far that is a distant dream

med school head
Apr 17, 2012
lmao at the last page defending and comparing winpho to ios

ios has a long way to drop before it can be compared to anroid and winpho idiots

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
lol. ios and android are indistinguishable.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

one day they may rise up and kill ray kurzweil for us, in which case we may find there are cool computers about, but so far that is a distant dream

how do you kill that which does not live?

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you belong in the bog of eternal stench

carry on then posted:

i've been noticing more and more how many movies will have both windows phone and chrysler/dodge product placement

a veritable showcase of bronze medals

get out was full of microsoft product placement

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

holy poo poo

https://arstechnica.com/security/2017/03/doxed-by-microsofts-docs-com-users-unwittingly-shared-sensitive-docs-publicly/

piss

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
it's microsoft's fault users didn't know they were sharing to a public cloud?

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
google drive and others let you public share but don't provide a search engine to it lol

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

lol

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Celexi posted:

google drive and others let you public share but don't provide a search engine to it lol

evidently they pulled search, but google has indexed it as well

onedrive integration is private by default, you have to manually share things publicly and it doesn't allow google indexing

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

infernal machines posted:

onedrive integration is private by default, you have to manually share things publicly and it doesn't allow google indexing
search google for site:docs.com + a thing and get back to me

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Phoenixan posted:

search google for site:docs.com + a thing and get back to me

this is me, getting back to you

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

one of the articles i read said it was sharing to the world by default, also that the search bar had only been removed from the homepage but is still available and functional on other pages

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

yes, that's literally what i posted, that you quoted.

onedrive isn't docs.com thoug

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Endless Mike posted:

microsoft was never cool wtf

they were ubiquitous, they were never cool

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

what about that time they shipped a weezer video and a pinball game with windows 98?

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

LinYutang posted:

chromium has known about this for years but they don't fix it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

why would they fix it?

it'd just cause more people to abusive an information-delivery system with limited interaction functionality as if it were an appropriate mechanism for writing end-user applications

really this whole thing is like "what if we made a runtime on the 3270 using hidden form elements as registers and poo poo, and then just ran our entire application there instead of on the mainframe?" it's a bad idea

native apps > non-native apps

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

what about that time they shipped a weezer video and a pinball game with windows 98?

you mean several years after Weezer was popular and the gaming world was all about 3D?

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

it was win95. it also came with a 3D game called Hover!

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

hover was awesome. i forgot that was 95, for some reason i thought it couldn't do mpeg playback without dedicated hardware.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

eschaton posted:

you mean several years after Weezer was popular and the gaming world was all about 3D?

no weezer was in the win95 disc you noobs. around the same time as their first album. that video kicked rear end

e: beaten

=w=

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

of course the real hit was edie brickell's good times

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

i caught my dad smoking cigs and watching that good times video on the family computer in the basement, leaned back in his chair

pram
Jun 10, 2001

hover was awesome. i forgot that was 95, for some reason i thought it couldn't do mpeg playback without dedicated hardware.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKj4afxzANg

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

and THATS why microsoft is cool again

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
i am convinced microsoft marketing team are space aliens

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Last Chance posted:

i caught my dad smoking cigs and watching that good times video on the family computer in the basement, leaned back in his chair

cool dad

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

AH, GREETINGS FELLOW HUMANS

SHALL WE PARTAKE OF DELICIOUS NUTRIENT PASTE

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

consider that nobody wants to own anything because that implies responsibility if it goes wrong, and that saying 'no' is a form of ownership.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Sapozhnik posted:

AH, GREETINGS FELLOW HUMANS

SHALL WE PARTAKE OF DELICIOUS NUTRIENT PASTE

:siren:rob rhinehart account found:siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars