Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
My only gripe with the game is that sometime I'll lose the ability to swipe to move. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me

CascadeBeta posted:

Edit: How do you join the guild? I can't even find it in the search.

haha it's hosed, there's no way to find it anymore. i need to remake it with an uncommon name. someone come upw ith a funny guild name

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Zordonald Glover

Goldar Goons

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

Treacheron would never betray me

Phyresis fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Mar 25, 2017

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

Ok! I've kicked you all out of the Alliance and created a new one! Bye, 1000 power credits! The new alliance name is Big Bad Beetleborgs. You must be in tier 2 and then the bottom left shield icon unlocks - search for Big Bad Beetleborgs and request an invite!

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Request sent from Windborn.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Francofish looking for an invite

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
Request sent form Coffeeamin for the new alliance/guild/whatever.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

I made a thread for Power Rangers: Legacy Wars at least for like ppl on ios

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3814725

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

CascadeBeta posted:

Wow this Power Rangers game is way better than it has any right to be. I'll be joining as CascadeBeta.

your guild invite got trashed, resend please

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
Polytopia is a cool and fun turn based strategy game. It's like if you distilled the 4X genre down to it's most basic/simplified components and covered it in a great touch interface. It's quite "easy" to win, but there is challenge in trying to min/max score for the leader boards if you are into that sort of thing.

It's free, with micro-transactions for extra "tribes" (think civilization dlc for civ).

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
Request sent to beetleborgs!

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Xik posted:

Polytopia is a cool and fun turn based strategy game. It's like if you distilled the 4X genre down to it's most basic/simplified components and covered it in a great touch interface. It's quite "easy" to win, but there is challenge in trying to min/max score for the leader boards if you are into that sort of thing.

It's free, with micro-transactions for extra "tribes" (think civilization dlc for civ).

Already well loved by the thread. It's dope.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
I can overlook the jank in Power Rangers but I don't understand why this isn't playing continuously in the background:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfCtT8WX1uo

Also if anyone is looking for a new single player beat em up, I've also been playing Into the Badlands: Blade Battle, which came out of soft launch last week. It's a really slick arena brawler with a fun and intuitive tap and swipe-based combat system along with all the usual character collecting.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Mar 26, 2017

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

mrkillboy posted:

Also if anyone is looking for a new single player beat em up, I've also been playing Into the Badlands: Blade Battle, which came out of soft launch last week. It's a really slick arena brawler with a fun and intuitive tap and swipe-based combat system along with all the usual character collecting.

I just want a side scrolling Beat 'Em Up (Android or Steam), like Final Fight. :sigh:

Then again, I also want an actual idle game for Android, like Progress Quest.

nerdpony
May 1, 2007

Apparently I was supposed to put something here.
Fun Shoe

Kheldarn posted:

Godville? It's almost as idle as Progress Quest.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Kheldarn posted:

I've been playing Clickpocalypse 2 for the past few weeks https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.minmaxia.c2&hl=en

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
Well I did it.

All 6 Worlds (Super Mario Run) $13.99

Canadian dollars which is why it's a little more.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

IAmTheRad posted:

Well I did it.

All 6 Worlds (Super Mario Run) $13.99

Canadian dollars which is why it's a little more.

Keep us posted, I'm not really thinking about buying it, but you never know. Canadian also. Man, that exchange sucks.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Perhaps a dumb Postknight question: how the hell do I progress past C-9? I'm stuck in the 3rd world and have fully grinded/upgraded the Flitter set but I'm not sure how to get to B so I can go to the next area. Do I have to go back and complete the past levels on Hard now?

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

explosivo posted:

Perhaps a dumb Postknight question: how the hell do I progress past C-9? I'm stuck in the 3rd world and have fully grinded/upgraded the Flitter set but I'm not sure how to get to B so I can go to the next area. Do I have to go back and complete the past levels on Hard now?

Next to the bulletin board, there is a mailbox you click on that gives you single stages that reward postknight tokens or whatev that increase your rank.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Huzzah! posted:

Next to the bulletin board, there is a mailbox you click on that gives you single stages that reward postknight tokens or whatev that increase your rank.

Fuckin hell. :doh:

Thank you!

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Keep us posted, I'm not really thinking about buying it, but you never know. Canadian also. Man, that exchange sucks.

You think I spent $13.99 of my money on it? I had a discount called 'Google Play Credit from surveys'.

If you're expecting an endless runner mario, you will be disappointed. There could be an endless running variety in it that I hope they add but as of yet the closest is Toad Rally.

The main 'story' is pretty short. Go through all the levels and rescue Princess Peach using only one button to play the entire game. Hardest level in the game is 5-4. Not saying why but it's BS. Beat all the levels even using easy mode and unlock Princess Peach as a playable character.

The other playable characters can't eat mushrooms. I don't know about Luigi, I don't have him unlocked yet. Just Mario, Toad (he's free to unlock), Peach, and Blue Yoshi. Some levels I have beaten in my first try, others have taken multiple trys. Some I haven't even gotten a perfect run in meaning not dying once.

Gripes with the game!
99 max toad tickets. Seriously. You hit 99, you can't carry a single one more. Why the hell did they decide 'oh, 99 is a good stopping point'. Extras don't go in an escrow that later gets taken out.
Always online. I understand why they decided to do this. If it wasn't, a mod could easily just unlock the entire game and Nintendo would go 'damnit'.
Even paying, there is a grind that is done by doing the Toad Rallys. There is a reason they give you at least 1 ticket a day.
There are absolutely no invincibility frames when picking up a mushroom if you play as Mario. Pick up a mushroom and there's a ghost there, you are still small Mario.
You can pop your bubble and die immediately because you drop into lava. Yes, this happened to me so many times on 5-4. Yes, it sucks.
There is no Bowser Jr.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

IAmTheRad posted:

You think I spent $13.99 of my money on it? I had a discount called 'Google Play Credit from surveys'.

If you're expecting an endless runner mario, you will be disappointed. There could be an endless running variety in it that I hope they add but as of yet the closest is Toad Rally.

The main 'story' is pretty short. Go through all the levels and rescue Princess Peach using only one button to play the entire game. Hardest level in the game is 5-4. Not saying why but it's BS. Beat all the levels even using easy mode and unlock Princess Peach as a playable character.

The other playable characters can't eat mushrooms. I don't know about Luigi, I don't have him unlocked yet. Just Mario, Toad (he's free to unlock), Peach, and Blue Yoshi. Some levels I have beaten in my first try, others have taken multiple trys. Some I haven't even gotten a perfect run in meaning not dying once.

Gripes with the game!
99 max toad tickets. Seriously. You hit 99, you can't carry a single one more. Why the hell did they decide 'oh, 99 is a good stopping point'. Extras don't go in an escrow that later gets taken out.
Always online. I understand why they decided to do this. If it wasn't, a mod could easily just unlock the entire game and Nintendo would go 'damnit'.
Even paying, there is a grind that is done by doing the Toad Rallys. There is a reason they give you at least 1 ticket a day.
There are absolutely no invincibility frames when picking up a mushroom if you play as Mario. Pick up a mushroom and there's a ghost there, you are still small Mario.
You can pop your bubble and die immediately because you drop into lava. Yes, this happened to me so many times on 5-4. Yes, it sucks.
There is no Bowser Jr.

Yes, I realize that you likely used your google survey money on this. Seeing as how most of us in this thread buy games on the play store, it might as well have been actual money, especially considering the relative rarity of Canadian surveys. Anyway, all of that sucks to hear. Looks like I'll be passing, saving my survey money for Animal Crossing, if it doesn't suck.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Looking at videos, this Mario game looks very dull compared to similar Rayman runners. Is this a fair assessment?

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Paladinus posted:

Looking at videos, this Mario game looks very dull compared to similar Rayman runners. Is this a fair assessment?

I actually find it sort of fun. It's why I decided to throw some of my survey dollars on it and use some of my actual money for it.

Zarlog
Dec 7, 2005

Zarlog, Protector of Baal
I picked up a moga. Can anyone recommend a good hack n slash or action rpg? I've been playing Dungeon Hunter 5, and it's "good enough", but the energy is annoying. I want to play when i want to play! And I'll get Titan Quest when it goes on sale.

Gavinvin
Jan 3, 2013

Ambition is not a dirty word. Piss on compromise. Go for the throat.

Zarlog posted:

I picked up a moga. Can anyone recommend a good hack n slash or action rpg? I've been playing Dungeon Hunter 5, and it's "good enough", but the energy is annoying. I want to play when i want to play! And I'll get Titan Quest when it goes on sale.

I liked Mage & Minions a good diablo-like. I got it through a humble bundle so I dunno if my version has ads removed or something, but they promise it doesn't have stamina and supports offline play.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

All I want is Animal Crossing meets Neko Atsume. Make it happen, Nintendo.

Chalk is Cheap
Mar 29, 2005

You know, Maine has a really cool underground hip-hop scene...

Phyresis posted:

Ok! I've kicked you all out of the Alliance and created a new one! Bye, 1000 power credits! The new alliance name is Big Bad Beetleborgs. You must be in tier 2 and then the bottom left shield icon unlocks - search for Big Bad Beetleborgs and request an invite!

Requesting an invite for Kreftan.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

The longevity in Mario Run is the Toad Rally. Or seeing the insane places they put the coins. A downside is when you lose a toad rally (you will lose), you lose some toads. As the purple toads are the hardest to obtain because the ghost house stages are utter bullshit, and you need 150 of them to unlock Luigi...

If the ghost houses weren't utter BS and were fun it wouldn't be as bad. The castle is fun. The airship is fun. The desert is fun. The grassland is fun. The mushroom platforms is fun. The cave is fun. The ghost house are utter BS and not fun at all.

Yes, you can just use the airship as it unlocks all types of toads. But you're going to have maybe 1 purple out of 30 toads you add from doing a run.

Also, once you unlock all 3 'minigames' it's trivial to get more toad rally tickets. One of them is REALLY easy to get at least 3 on every time.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Is there any active goon squad on Star Wars Commander yet? Did I get into the bandwagon too late? I'm kinda digging this Clash of Clans clone.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know

Negrostrike posted:

Is there any active goon squad on Star Wars Commander yet? Did I get into the bandwagon too late? I'm kinda digging this Clash of Clans clone.

The thread's long dead so you're probably too late, but check if any of the goon squads are still active. (link)

Be warned that the end-game grind is (was?) awful.

Zarlog
Dec 7, 2005

Zarlog, Protector of Baal

Gavinvin posted:

I liked Mage & Minions a good diablo-like. I got it through a humble bundle so I dunno if my version has ads removed or something, but they promise it doesn't have stamina and supports offline play.

No controller support, but this is a good recommendation. No stamina bullshit, they use a premium currency (gems), but they're not quite as stingy with them as other games, and the ads (they give gems) are completely optional. And the touch controls are far better than most games of this type. Thank you.

Trampus
Sep 28, 2001

It's too damn hot for a penguin to be just walkin' around here.
Crash Club, a car combat game is open for beta now. It's pretty fun so far.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

Trampus posted:

I quite like what I've played but unfortunately it does suffer from the fact that very few people are playing it right now. Driving around an empty city hunting down the only other player isn't very fun, though I'm sure this won't be a problem when it gets a wider release.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Trampus posted:

Is this a limited beta? I get the following on the play store.

Play Store posted:

App not available

A testing version of this app hasn't been published yet or isn't available for this account.

If you've been invited to become a tester, make sure you're signed in to the account that was invited to the testing program. If you've been invited to a Google Group or Google+ Community as part of the program, make sure you've joined the Group or Community.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

Trastion posted:

Is this a limited beta? I get the following on the play store.

I think it is. Regardless, here's the actual Play Store link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.prettygreat.crashclub

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

mrkillboy posted:

I think it is. Regardless, here's the actual Play Store link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.prettygreat.crashclub

That link doesn't work either so it must be because I am not invited or something. Oh well maybe when it is released.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Chalk is Cheap posted:

Requesting an invite for Kreftan.

poo poo I accidentally declined it because I hadn't checked this thread. Resend it and I'll get you.

Edit: Got it! Hopefully you're not stuck in Invite hell now.

CascadeBeta fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Mar 28, 2017