Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

a neat cape posted:

I think the rest of the country thinks all of southern California is an LA suburb

There are 5 cities on the CA coast: <generic redwood filled city>, SF, Santa Cruz, LA, San Diego

Duh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

lmao Santa Cruz I think you mean Santa Barbara

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Kevyn posted:

Is there any money in the Inland Empire? The only time I ever hear it mentioned is in relation to how trailer trash it is.

Yes, it's still one of the fastest growing areas of the country. It's filled with mainly middle class families priced out of LA and OC now.
Probably can't sell out luxury boxes as quickly though so lol no teams out here.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Cash Monet posted:

Oakland doesn't have to pay out the nose for a financial sinkhole so they can claim that as a victory.

Oakland is still paying for mount Davis

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Paperback Writer posted:

Man, gently caress today

I feel for ya man.

Some new renderings of the stadium have been released.

http://www.silverandblackpride.com/2017/3/27/15081178/new-video-pics-of-raiders-las-vegas-stadium-renderings

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Benny the Snake posted:

Mojave Great Kahns you mean :colbert:

Here's a little story about two meth cooks, named Jack and Diane.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

kiimo posted:

If he was referring to the five places most overrated by people who only know about Southern California, then you would be right. The other four places are neighborhoods in LA that no one living outside of LA has ever heard of.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

kiimo posted:

I would hazard a guess people would name SC over SB 9/10 times if they didn't know the state because Santa Barbara is easily rolled into "Los Angeles" because it has no real personality at all whatsoever it's a dumb tourist trap

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
https://twitter.com/PGutierrezESPN/status/846540159122227200

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

why

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
Isn't it a glass roof? Does grass not grow under glass?

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

The Cardinals do it too. You can see the field in the pictures in that link I posted.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Are they keeping "Las" in the team name ?

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

FuriousxGeorge posted:

Isn't it a glass roof? Does grass not grow under glass?

I think it's going to be tinted, otherwise it's going to be pretty miserable in there for people sitting in the sun.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Volkerball posted:

I think it's going to be tinted, otherwise it's going to be pretty miserable in there for people sitting in the sun.

Santa Clara give people heat strokes and the Minnesota stadium is basically bird genocide, I don't think practicality matters that much to stadium architects.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Levi's Stadium literally killed a guy and Jed won't buy shade :laffo:

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Really? drat, o.co killed a guy and Las Vegas bought a whole new stadium

Barudak
May 7, 2007

So with LA off the list, the new largest DMA without a team is... Orlando? Welp the NFL is out of threats because nobody is gonna want to be the 4th Florida team.

Las Vegas at 40th rank is now the 4th smallest DMA of any NFL team, coming ahead only of New Orleans (50), Buffalo (53), and Green Bay (68)

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Barudak posted:

So with LA off the list, the new largest DMA without a team is... Orlando? Welp the NFL is out of threats because nobody is gonna want to be the 4th Florida team.

Las Vegas at 40th rank is now the 4th smallest DMA of any NFL team, coming ahead only of New Orleans (50), Buffalo (53), and Green Bay (68)

Jacksonville is 47

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
Seeing these pissed off raiders fans on sportscenter is bumming me out.

Shoutout stephen ross

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/latimes/status/846562520022310912

what if there's no shows at that venue

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/nfl-747684-carson-stadium.html

quote:

Season-ticket packages ranged from $700 to $3,750, averaging $192 per game. By comparison, the Rams, who played last season at the Coliseum, had an average season ticket price of $72.71 per game.

Yeah, I think I would go with the Rams if I had to choose.

Frankly, I think it's just embarrassing to have an NFL team playing in an MLS venue, even if it will be a pretty unique gameday experience.

FuriousxGeorge fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Mar 28, 2017

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

What if a game gets blacked out lol

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

FuriousxGeorge posted:

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/nfl-747684-carson-stadium.html

Yeah, I think I would go with the Rams if I had to choose.

Idk the chargers games there are once on a lifetime kinda deals.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Volkerball posted:

I thought that didn't happen anymore, or at least you could go to a bar with Sunday Ticket.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/mickakers/status/846515047094374400

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

kiimo posted:

I was in Vegas last weekend and watched this happen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmJy6eDYHxE

I can't wait to add Raider fans to the mix. (when his face hit the ground the entire breezeway shook)

I hope you get the same suplex for holding the camera wrong.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Spoeank posted:

There are 5 cities on the CA coast: <generic redwood filled city>, SF, Santa Cruz, LA, San Diego

Duh

What category does "Endless suburban hellscape distinguishable only by the different languages on their respective supermarkets" fall under?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Chichevache posted:

What category does "Endless suburban hellscape distinguishable only by the different languages on their respective supermarkets" fall under?

San Jose isn't on the coast, man

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Spoeank posted:

San Jose isn't on the coast, man

Don't even get me started on the schools! :downsgun:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I just realized in 2020, no California NFL team will be in the same city they were in in 2010.

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine

Volkerball posted:

They can sell out the tickets but they can't necessarily fill them with Chargers fans.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Spoeank posted:

I just realized in 2020, no California NFL team will be in the same city they were in in 2010.

It's still San Francisco, don't be a pedant.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Volkerball posted:

I heard it was an hour drive. That's like moving a team from Seattle to Olympia, nobody would do that.

Konstantin
Jun 20, 2005
And the Lord said, "Look, they are one people, and they have all one language; and this is only the beginning of what they will do; nothing that they propose to do will now be impossible for them.

Elite soccer teams won't play on any kind of artificial turf, so it's probably to tap into that revenue source.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Konstantin posted:

Elite soccer teams won't play on any kind of artificial turf, so it's probably to tap into that revenue source.

European teams don't play here much, and when they do, it's some generic rear end The US Make Believe Cup that no one cares about. Basically preseason games. I got tickets for a Manchester United game in Denver for like $120 in seats that would go for $1300+ for an NFL game, and as far as I know, it's the only even like that Denver has ever hosted.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Volkerball posted:

You must be Brian Sabean. You gently caress.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Volkerball posted:

I'm not being a pedant. Levis is almost an hour from San Francisco proper. It's not in the same city.

Don't be a poo poo.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

With even a second of hindsight, it's the most Davis Oakland Raiders thing I've ever seen to leave the area the moment they become good again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Santa Clara is an hour's drive because of traffic, though. It's only 45 miles.

Which is still not the same city of course. So, are we not accepting that New York has a football team, then? MetLife is in East Rutherford, New Jersey, which is apparently a 37 minute drive even though it's only 13 miles?

What is the limit?

• Locked thread