Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
3/11. 2x dupe Crescent Wish (welp, I have another 8* MND rod now) and Zell's SSB gloves. I already have his BSB so yay for +10 ATK? At least it wasn't a 100% dupe fest, but I could have done a lot better with that pull.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011
Made an 11 draw on banner two for a chance at Faris USB and the fact it has no dupes for me, Got three copies of Quistis's burst. This makes 3 8* armors for me, and another mage burst, nice.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Still tempted to pull on this for a last shot at Tidus' OSB, but the rest of the banner looks solidly meh. Yuna's BSB looks flat-out bad on paper, but I'm sure I'm missing something.

It's not going to heal as well as other healer BSBs, but that's kind of offset by a Faithga that stacks with Sheepsong (I think?) and the ability to deal damage while throwing out medicas

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

U-DO Burger posted:

It's not going to heal as well as other healer BSBs, but that's kind of offset by a Faithga that stacks with Sheepsong (I think?) and the ability to deal damage while throwing out medicas

Yes, it stacks with sheepsong

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Went 3/11 and got Crystal Glove, Enuo's Scourge, and Crescent Wish, and then my 100-gem pull got me a second Crescent Wish. Not great, but none of them were dupes so it's all more synergy at least. And between this and Squall's enspell/OSB combo I should definitely have the juice to do Mote Ifrit CM now.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

This was a pretty good pull, though I'm still waiting for Exdeath's MC3 so he's not just waiting at 80 like he's been for the past 6 months. (Apparently that's next event, but still!) :argh: After this I'll probably pull on 3 and either 4 or 5, dunno which. (I have 2 dupes on each, so :shrug:) I'd have liked Faris' USB because it's a pentabreak and looks snazzy, but I have no room to really complain per se.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Zurai posted:

Wat?

Yuna's BSB2 is amazing.

I feel like I need to see it in action, because the idea of having to prime the pump with command 1 before either command actually does anything sounds super clunky, especially if you need a clutch heal and have to wait a whole extra turn. Like does her command 1 actually deal enough damage to make up for having to spend a turn charging it up?

The other thing is I think I am probably undervaluing the faithga / hastega part because I can already run OK's BSB and / or Papalymo's Ley Lines on my mage team, so she'd be in kind of a weird spot where she's competing with Y'Shtola / Vanille's BSBs for healing, and Alphinaud / Maria's BSBs for damage, and it seems like she'd end up being a jack-of-all trades slot that wouldn't really fit.

I could just totally be underestimating it though, there are definitely SBs that I thought looked really bad or mediocre until I actually tried them.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
Eh.

2/11

Selphie's SSB and Minfilia's SSB. Not bad, not amazing, sadly.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

I feel like I need to see it in action, because the idea of having to prime the pump with command 1 before either command actually does anything sounds super clunky, especially if you need a clutch heal and have to wait a whole extra turn. Like does her command 1 actually deal enough damage to make up for having to spend a turn charging it up?

The other thing is I think I am probably undervaluing the faithga / hastega part because I can already run OK's BSB and / or Papalymo's Ley Lines on my mage team, so she'd be in kind of a weird spot where she's competing with Y'Shtola / Vanille's BSBs for healing, and Alphinaud / Maria's BSBs for damage, and it seems like she'd end up being a jack-of-all trades slot that wouldn't really fit.

I could just totally be underestimating it though, there are definitely SBs that I thought looked really bad or mediocre until I actually tried them.

Command 2 is a standard Medica command. Using Command 1 just adds half a Valefor to command 2. Command 2 doesn't use up the charge either, so you can just heal the party and do damage until Burst runs out.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Checking the numbers:
  • Entry is a Cura Medica, MAG/MND +30%, and Burst Mode. It's mostly good as a faithga that stacks with OK's BSB (ATK/MAG) and/or Papalymo's Ley Lines (MAG pure). It's devalued a bit if you have Serah's SSB (MAG/MND + Hastega), though. Cura-level medicas are still okay, just not overwhelmingly amazing. They're solid.
  • CMD1 primes the summon mode, and when primed does 4x 480 potency AoE hits (1920 total potency) but burns the summon mode. For contrast, Maria's BSB CMD2 (her AoE option) does 2x 309 potency hits (618 total potency). It takes two turns but does about three times the damage, if you want to just use it to nuke. For further contrast, Bahamut (the skill) is 1500p spread across two (750p) hits.
  • CMD2 is your standard command medica (25 heal-potency), equivalent to other command medicas. When primed, it adds on a single 480p AoE attack (but does not burn the summon mode). This is slightly weaker than Ruinga (590p), except it still has the medica attached.

It's an efficiency thing, a jack-of-all-trades. Yuna BSB2 isn't good because it's the best healing or the best damage out there, but because it's healing + support + damage all in one everything bagel.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Command 1 gives her a charge on first use. If you use it again, you burn the charge and do a 3 hit summon for some decent damage. If you use command 2 after using command 1, you do a medica heal and a single summon hit on mobs. If you're in a pinch and just need a medica you can spam command 2.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I double checked the spreadsheet of future banners and I don't see Yuna BSB2 anywhere. But I whiffed twice pulling on the banner and I probably shouldn't do anything rash like gem pulls.

You can get FFX and FFX-2 together on the PS4 for $20. A gem pull is $30.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Cinnamon Bear posted:

I double checked the spreadsheet of future banners and I don't see Yuna BSB2 anywhere. But I whiffed twice pulling on the banner and I probably shouldn't do anything rash like gem pulls.

You can get FFX and FFX-2 together on the PS4 for $20. A gem pull is $30.

Its not worth pulling specifically for that. Its a good item, not game changing.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

ApplesandOranges posted:

Command 2 is a standard Medica command. Using Command 1 just adds half a Valefor to command 2. Command 2 doesn't use up the charge either, so you can just heal the party and do damage until Burst runs out.

Ah ok, I'm just a dumbass then, completely misread that. That does make it a lot more attractive.

Sir Bruce
Jul 8, 2004

6/22, no dupes, with

Faris USB
Shantotto BSB
Krile BSB
Quistis BSB
Dreamstage
Exdeath SSB

Was really looking for Tidus OSB since I pulled both Tidus and Rikku's BSB in the half-price draws last week, but can't complain about that haul.

The past couple weeks have been nuts for my power level. Started with 5 or so BSBs and am up to 15 USB/OSB/BSBs. It's getting to the point where I can't keep track of what every drat thing does when building a team.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Went 1/11 on Banner 2, but that 1 was Shantotto's BSB. After seeing it in action, I am good with this result.

Since that takes a major player out of Banner 2, I'll hold off on drawing again. Now just gonna pull on 3 and 5. If I come away with decent stuff on each, that'll leave me some mithril for upcoming banners.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

competing with Y'Shtola / Vanille's BSBs for healing
You're going to have issues comparing other healing BSB options to the two best options on global. Larsa's BSB is still to come but it's just Y'shtola's but with Astra on entry instead.

Not sure what all the upcoming USB's do but I have Rosa's as my target. It's instant cast medica + magic blink + HP stock I believe

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
"Afflict Isgebind with poison"

:rolleyes:

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
The Yuna BSB2 talk killed my self control and I made a second pull. 2/11, Yuna BSB2 and Faris' USB. gently caress yeah I will take that :shittydog:

That USB seems utterly ridiculous, AoE stun + AoE penta with a side of damage is just bonkers. I immediately spent motes getting her dancer 5* so she's now an AoE break machine.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I have so many dudes I'm trying to level right now.

Onion Knight is only like 80 so he's still useless, but won't stop stealing all my growth eggs
Leon and Rufus for my Physical Dark/Dark Knight team
Emperor (58/80) and Raijin (67/80) for the Nemesis fight
Locke, since I have his SSB/BSB/OSB now and why not, he can join my holy team with an extra ATK/MAG mug
And I feel obligated to start boosting Shantotto up now.

I'm probably not pulling again for a while, so I wonder if I should switch gears and swap off of grinding mythril from half-stamina dungeons, and just keep running Orbfest for XP. My stamina is only 140 now though, so theres still a lot of mythril and stamina I should probably grab.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I need banner advice. I only just started about a week ago. After doing the half off lucky draws I've got a handful of relics and have so far stockpiled about 200 myth for these upcoming banners. I'm just not sure which banners I should pull.

Here are the SB relics I have (italiacs means I have the character)

OSBs - Squall
BSBs - Cecilk(DRK), Maria, Y'Shtola, Refia
SSBs - Ramza, O.Knight, Selphie, Braska, Sarah, Locke, Gaffgarion

Currently my team is Shtola, Ramza, Cloud, Maria, and Refia (all nearly level 50), but so far I haven't really done anything except brute force my way through realm dungeons and events/orbfest. I've reached a point however where I think its time to start to think harder about team setup.

The fact that I have Ramza's shout means I am probably going to be making a physical based team for the future. Thus, despite having Maria's BSB (which I'm told is kickass, and does seem so) I was thinking of swapping out Maria for another physical character. Possibly picking up Squall so I'd have a native OSB to kill poo poo hard with. However I'm waiting to commit major resources (creating/honing abilities, level break crystals, souls etc) until I make some pulls just in case I get anything good.

At a glance it seems like several Banner 4 pulls would be good, and maybe one or so on Banner 3. I dunno though!

I'm tempted to pull on Banner 2 and hope for Shantotto cause she's a favorite, but don't chase individual relics and I can always try during the FFXI event/banner in the future (plus she's a mage and Shout is leaning me towards Phys).

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Cinnamon Bear posted:

I have so many dudes I'm trying to level right now.

Onion Knight is only like 80 so he's still useless, but won't stop stealing all my growth eggs
Leon and Rufus for my Physical Dark/Dark Knight team
Emperor (58/80) and Raijin (67/80) for the Nemesis fight
Locke, since I have his SSB/BSB/OSB now and why not, he can join my holy team with an extra ATK/MAG mug
And I feel obligated to start boosting Shantotto up now.

I'm probably not pulling again for a while, so I wonder if I should switch gears and swap off of grinding mythril from half-stamina dungeons, and just keep running Orbfest for XP. My stamina is only 140 now though, so theres still a lot of mythril and stamina I should probably grab.

Considering the new dailies are better orbs/XP (but not both at once), I've been focusing more and more on grinding out the half-stamina while it's available.

Arcon
Jul 24, 2013
3/11 my 3rd dreamstage, exdeaths things, and zell gloves

This is not going to be a fun breakfest

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Finally beat Phantom Train ultimate, having Tyro's USB is a huge difference maker in the fight.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Arcon posted:

3/11 my 3rd dreamstage, exdeaths things, and zell gloves

This is not going to be a fun breakfest
Don't knock Exdeath's staff, at least. Not only is it a really good statstick (+high Mag and +dark), but the ability also offers the only source of party-wide +MAG/+RES thus far. (Hope and Cid Raines have access to it, but only as self-buffs.)

Sayara
May 10, 2009
1/11, but at least it was Yuna's BSB so I can't be too sad about this.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
I own most of the things on Banner 4 already, so I've drawn again on Banner 2. gently caress IT!

Faris OSB, Yuna BSB2, Exdeath SSB.

I do believe the gamble paid off. How GOOD are theses things?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Tidus OSB
Quistis BSB
Zell SSB (dupe)

Fine with me, still don't have an OSB/BSB combo tho

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE

Robotic Accolade posted:

1/11 on banner 2, I got Exdeath's SSB. Whoopdy gently caress do, I guess it might be a marginal improvement for my Mage team that I never use. Oh well, time to stock up for banner 4.

Same

Although I shouldn't complain about a Mag buff that stacks with other buffs, especially since I'm kinda lacking in those. But if I put him in a mage party I've already got Grand Cross competing for SB bars, since I never considered the idea of popping Grand Cross to restore Meltdown uses. That and no MC3, but that comes in the next event? Ok then.

The sad thing is I really wanted Tidus's OSB because I already have Rikku's imperil water BSB, but I'm not sure I want to do another pull on this.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

It's so hard not pull on this just for Tidus' OSB and Shantoto's BSB. The rest I could mostly take or leave. But I only have enough for 3 pulls and I really want a decent shot at Cid, Golbez, and Refia's BSBs on Banner 3. I think I need to stay strong.

I wish this wasn't the last time so many of these relics were showing up for the foreseeable future.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
I just noticed Beatrix is getting an OSB. How does it stand up? She's a pretty regular part of my physical holy team for her BSB imperil.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

wizard on a water slide posted:

"Afflict Isgebind with poison"

:rolleyes:

Generally I ignore this unless the fight only has that as a target score. Now that I have Setzers BSB I can slot poison shell in but I keep forgetting because :effort:

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I need banner advice. I only just started about a week ago. After doing the half off lucky draws I've got a handful of relics and have so far stockpiled about 200 myth for these upcoming banners. I'm just not sure which banners I should pull.

Here are the SB relics I have (italiacs means I have the character)

OSBs - Squall
BSBs - Cecilk(DRK), Maria, Y'Shtola, Refia
SSBs - Ramza, O.Knight, Selphie, Braska, Sarah, Locke, Gaffgarion

Currently my team is Shtola, Ramza, Cloud, Maria, and Refia (all nearly level 50), but so far I haven't really done anything except brute force my way through realm dungeons and events/orbfest. I've reached a point however where I think its time to start to think harder about team setup.

The fact that I have Ramza's shout means I am probably going to be making a physical based team for the future. Thus, despite having Maria's BSB (which I'm told is kickass, and does seem so) I was thinking of swapping out Maria for another physical character. Possibly picking up Squall so I'd have a native OSB to kill poo poo hard with. However I'm waiting to commit major resources (creating/honing abilities, level break crystals, souls etc) until I make some pulls just in case I get anything good.

At a glance it seems like several Banner 4 pulls would be good, and maybe one or so on Banner 3. I dunno though!

I'm tempted to pull on Banner 2 and hope for Shantotto cause she's a favorite, but don't chase individual relics and I can always try during the FFXI event/banner in the future (plus she's a mage and Shout is leaning me towards Phys).

Banner 4 is generally considered pretty strong, so that's a good option for you, if you want melee. The FFT gear is all excellent, Hamelin is a good medica for a physical team (though you already have Y'shtolas available, which might be better).

Banner 2 is also nice, but that's definitely more caster focused. Banner 3 would also has a bit of a caster emphasis on the Burst soul breaks, and you already have Refia's excellent Burst from it.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Mithross posted:

I just noticed Beatrix is getting an OSB. How does it stand up? She's a pretty regular part of my physical holy team for her BSB imperil.

Pretty standard gimmick OSB; gets stronger when she uses more Knight abilities. Her BSB commands count as Knight abilities, so it works really well as a fight ender if you have that. Holy/NE, so the Imperil helps it, too.

I'd rank it better than Celes's but worse than Agrias's.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Beatrix's OSB's build-up is frontloaded, so it's not very difficult for her to break even or better on her OSB (I believe it breaks even after five Knight abilities).

The sword itself is pretty decent - 90+ MND fully upgraded, which isn't bad.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
I'm assuming Faris USB stacks with fullbreak right? Its description is basically FB with mindbreak.

Also I really like how FFRK handles dropped party members. Mastered apoc Doom Train last night when my entire party dropped a quarter way through fight and I had to control 8 characters at once

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Thundercracker posted:

I'm assuming Faris USB stacks with fullbreak right? Its description is basically FB with mindbreak.

Also I really like how FFRK handles dropped party members. Mastered apoc Doom Train last night when my entire party dropped a quarter way through fight and I had to control 8 characters at once

Yes, Faris USB stacks with full break.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
1/11 Faris USB and done with this banner

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Well I finally did it goons, after a couple of days messing around with setups I ended up cribbing a team from the leaderboards and beating Nemesis: Infinite (my original team had Fujin over Quistis but it turns out OSBs are more important for making the last phase as quick as possible)

SBS used: Tyro Wall/USB, Quistis BSB/OSB, Edge SSB, Vanille BSB, Relm BSB

RW: Alph SSB

Glad that's over is all I'm saying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Beasteh posted:

Well I finally did it goons, after a couple of days messing around with setups I ended up cribbing a team from the leaderboards and beating Nemesis: Infinite (my original team had Fujin over Quistis but it turns out OSBs are more important for making the last phase as quick as possible)

SBS used: Tyro Wall/USB, Quistis BSB/OSB, Edge SSB, Vanille BSB, Relm BSB

RW: Alph SSB

Glad that's over is all I'm saying

Nice! That's an awesome team. I feel like I'm 1 or 2 proper pieces away from being able to do this. But then again, most of my guys are sub level 80 so maybe not. It also doesn't help that my best Nemesis relics are mostly in XIV.

• Locked thread