Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

not a plant.

a mean green mother from outer space.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm just sitting here reading the news and wondering if there is a person on this planet that would take Natalie Portman seriously as a bull rider.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Bull from Night Court

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
O'Shea Jackson Jr is in talks to join Godzilla: King of the Monsters according to Variety. They also report that Ken Watanabe is the only cast member from Godzilla likely to return for the sequel

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/oshea-jackson-godzilla-king-of-the-monsters-1202011330/

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

O'Shea Jackson Jr is in talks to join Godzilla: King of the Monsters according to Variety. They also report that Ken Watanabe is the only cast member from Godzilla likely to return for the sequel

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/oshea-jackson-godzilla-king-of-the-monsters-1202011330/

Aw. I had a crush on his assistant.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
With any luck, this MonsterVerse will be the next F&F.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I would be okay with a F&F/Kaiju crossover.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Gonz posted:

I would be okay with a F&F/Kaiju crossover.

Finally, an excuse to put F&F in space.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Puberty flashback alert!

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

The MSJ posted:

Puberty flashback alert!

Doesn't look nearly beaten up enough.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Can't wait for the DC fans to start talking poo poo about Vikander.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Renoistic posted:

Doesn't look nearly beaten up enough.

If it's like the recent games shouldn't she be constantly getting impaled on things?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Cacator posted:

If it's like the recent games shouldn't she be constantly getting impaled on things?

only if the player is bad at a not very hard video game

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Yeah, in my playthrough she was more like a slasher villain picking off the dudes one by one with her pick and her bow after the first chapter.

And then she got a grenade launcher and everything burned.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

MonsieurChoc posted:

Yeah, in my playthrough she was more like a slasher villain picking off the dudes one by one with her pick and her bow after the first chapter.

And then she got a grenade launcher and everything burned.

Yeah, the 'the Descent' homage is the part where she definitely turns into a murderous force of vengeance, at least in my mind.

She does get her rear end beaten constantly for the first half, though.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I was skeptical when Ridley didn't take the role but this looks good. Vikander put on enough muscle to make it look credible and she's a pretty drat good actress. Please be the first actually good video game movie.

I just replayed it again for the third time a few days ago, this time on hard. I was a bit disappointed to find that the most noticeable difficultly jump was quick time events being less forgiving.

Casimir Radon fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Mar 28, 2017

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Casimir Radon posted:

I was skeptical when Ridley didn't take the role but this looks good. Vikander put on enough muscle to make it look credible and she's a pretty drat good actress. Please be the first actually good video game movie.

I just replayes it again for the third time a few days ago, this time on hard. I was a bit disappointed to find that the most noticeable difficultly jump was quick time events being less forgiving.

Are you dissing The Wizard!?

...yeah, it's not a good movie.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

MonsieurChoc posted:

Are you dissing The Wizard!?

...yeah, it's not a good movie.
I thought it was one of the best movies I'd ever seen upon renting it around 7 years old. It was only years later that I learned of notorious it was for being a Nintendo/Universal Studios commercial.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

K. Waste posted:

With any luck, this MonsterVerse will be the next F&F.

The Fire Rodan and the ..... poo poo, I can't think of any other kaiju that have names starting with 'f'.

Fairy Mothra totally doesn't count, they're teensy. :colbert:

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Casimir Radon posted:

Please be the first actually good video game movie.

I'm sorry, did you not see the first Mortal Kombat? It knew exactly the kind of movie it needed to be, and it did it wonderfully.

nonathlon
Jul 9, 2004
And yet, somehow, now it's my fault ...

Casimir Radon posted:

That's muscle?

There's some sort of law that whoever is the flavour-of-the-moment actress will be offered Tomb Raider. I'm surprised Shailene Woodley and ScarJo haven't been in consideration.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Josh Lyman posted:

Can't wait for the DC fans to start talking poo poo about Vikander.

You mean Uncharted fans?

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
I'm confused - Are they gonna be making her breasts pointier in post production, or.....?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I think Ridley probably thought "Do I want to make exclusively nerd poo poo my whole career?" and decided no.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

outlier posted:

That's muscle?

Yep! Vikander looks great. Looks like Lara straight from the 2013 reboot. I still need to get around to watching The Wave to get a feel for the director.

Electromax
May 6, 2007

parallelodad posted:

I think Ridley probably thought "Do I want to make exclusively nerd poo poo my whole career?" and decided no.

I dunno, Angelina Jolie might've relaxed that association in the cinema realm a bit.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Yes Vikander looks a lot more buff, especially compared to what she looked like in Ex Machina

parallelodad posted:

She's great and things will work out for her either way.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I've only seen her in Star Wars where she was, like the rest of the film, servicable.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

parallelodad posted:

Once you're known for Star Wars I don't think you really have a choice.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Natalie Portman's done pretty alright.

Super Dan
Jan 26, 2006

parallelodad posted:

Harrison Ford, too.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

parallelodad posted:

I've only seen her in Star Wars where she was, like the rest of the film, servicable.
If you double down and call John Boyega "serviceable" I'm going to start breaking your fingers.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

John Boyega was... in the film. A charming actor in a character that did nothing of import and had little effect on any other characters or events.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
poe and finn were great in their scenes together

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

All five minutes of it.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

parallelodad posted:

In spite of Star Wars, not because of it. Episode I was nearly the end of her career.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Brother Entropy posted:

only if the player is bad at a not very hard video game

At the start of the 2013 game you get impaled regardless of how good a video game player you are.

Alhazred fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Mar 28, 2017

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
"My true country is the Moon. That's where I want to lay me down." -Tibor Nagy.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

dont even fink about it posted:

In spite of Star Wars, not because of it. Episode I was nearly the end of her career.

Supposedly Portman had prepared an accent and full characterization for Amidala. On her first day of filming, Lucas told her to to lose it. I imagine that had a huge impact on her performance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Alhazred posted:

At the start of the 2013 game you get impaled regardless of how good a video game player you are.

dude said 'constantly impaled'

MisterBibs posted:

I'm sorry, did you not see the first Mortal Kombat? It knew exactly the kind of movie it needed to be, and it did it wonderfully.

speaking of which why hasn't that gotten a movie reboot yet? seems like a no-brainer

• Locked thread