Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.
Ifrit raid has no resists or weaknesses. PRO and below he can be paralyzed and blinded so you want to be using fire flask. Warp Break is his highest damaging move so it's really all you use unless you need to thunder flask since a MAG break was resisted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I now have 3 Yshtolas (2 pull 1 from score). I'mma gear them all up, that and 3 Minfilias. I get the feeling I could cheese something with the latter.

Also, check your ranking for the raid event, competition for sub 10K rank is getting pretty tough.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

The man called M posted:

Heard people recommend warp break when using Noctis against Iftit. Why that over Blizzard Flask?

If you're running PRO then use fire flask to paralyze him then warp break for the defensive debuffs. If you're running ELT you need to break his atk/mag or he can easily one round anyone who isn't tanky as hell.

HGH posted:

I now have 3 Yshtolas (2 pull 1 from score). I'mma gear them all up, that and 3 Minfilias. I get the feeling I could cheese something with the latter.

Also, check your ranking for the raid event, competition for sub 10K rank is getting pretty tough.

Sub 10k isn't too bad if you're running ELT. Currently at 2.1m points and rank 5100. Sitting on 61k coins too so far, but I'll probably sell them all since I don't need more FF14 units/TMs and I'd get more use out of the gold (3mil for 60k coins).

Sitting at 3.7m gold now, was around 5mil a week ago, and whenever we get enhancements that'll burn through millions of gold like nothing.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I think more than half my rolls on this banner have given me type-0 units. They are a cancerous blight on this game's gacha, can we get rid of them?

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Im rather bored and tired of this game, so ima spend all 100 of my tickets to see if I get Orlandu to motivate me to keep playing.

Wish me luck!

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
Ok Boys here we go:

3* Locke
4* Shine
3* Lawrence
3* Tellah
3* Hayate
3* Gilbert
3* RAKAKHAN
3* Sazh
3* Edge
3* Terra
3* Lawrence
3* Shera
3* Fang
3* Cerius
4* Soleil
3* Maria
3* Guy
4* Soleil
4* Gaffgarion
3* Krile
3* Russel
3* Edge
3* Mustadio
3* Kuja
3* Lani
4* Chiz
3* luna
4* Luka
3* Kuja
3* Fran
3* Shadow (was wondering when he was gonna show up)
3* Arc
3* Garland
3* Amarant
3* Faris
3* Lani
3* Golbez
3* Lawrence
3* Artemios
3* Fang
3* Ovelia
3* Edge
3* Lani
3* Clyne
3* Kain
3* Russell
3* Ovelia
3*, 4*...5* Orlandeau

Ok then Game, You win. Now please dont screw me in the event of you ever making AY Rydia or ever actually do a SD3 crossover and add Riesz. Orlandeau was sort of an unexpected prize I didnt actually think I would get.

Shoenin fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Mar 28, 2017

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer
No Bediles, keep going.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Didn't even use half your tickets, for shame.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)

HGH posted:

Didn't even use half your tickets, for shame.

Oh off by 1

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

:negative: why can't I get Orlandu like all you nerds.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Nuebot posted:

:negative: why can't I get Orlandu like all you nerds.

But you can.... :shepspends:

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Vax posted:

But you can.... :shepspends:

I spent all my lapis during the player's choice event and got zero 5* units.

EDIT: As an aside, according to the unit calculator the Monster Breastplate gives Olive a higher attack than the Brave Suit does.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 10:17 on Mar 28, 2017

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Nuebot posted:

I spent all my lapis during the player's choice event and got zero 5* units.

EDIT: As an aside, according to the unit calculator the Monster Breastplate gives Olive a higher attack than the Brave Suit does.

That actually makes sense, since Monster Breastplate is affected by Doublehand.

Also, I am in the same boat as you, no money, no Orlandu, no luck. :(

OH HEY LOOK NEW 6* AWAKENING. ....Lasswell. siiigh.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Dana Crysalis posted:

That actually makes sense, since Monster Breastplate is affected by Doublehand.

Also, I am in the same boat as you, no money, no Orlandu, no luck. :(

OH HEY LOOK NEW 6* AWAKENING. ....Lasswell. siiigh.

"Units" and it's just the one lasswell. :argh: I was hoping for early Agrias to soothe my woes.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Nuebot posted:

"Units" and it's just the one lasswell. :argh: I was hoping for early Agrias to soothe my woes.

6* Agrias right after the Orlandu banner would have been an amazing troll.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Infected posted:

6* Agrias right after the Orlandu banner would have been an amazing troll.

Much like putting Orlandeu right after the player's choice banner. :colbert:

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
6* Lasswell looks ok. Seems like he'd be decent against an enemy weak against ice or in conjunction with someone that has heavy hitting ice abilities.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Picked up this game last night, not sure If I'm going to play it forever but if putting people on friends list is a thing, I'm LittleB

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Picked up this game last night, not sure If I'm going to play it forever but if putting people on friends list is a thing, I'm LittleB

If you have the patience, re-roll your account until you get Orlandeu. He will carry you on his back through lots and lots of bullshit.

From the Op:

quote:

Rerolling

All new players should reroll until they have a 5★ base unit.

If you want to reroll you should know that the game data keeps track of your device ID. Deleting the app and its data will not disconnect the account from the server. You'd actually have to wipe your phone for it to disconnect. The Global version of the game also uses Facebook as its main method of save data connection.

The easier way to reroll is to use an Android emulator. Either Memu or Nox. Play past the tutorial and once you get 500 Lapis do a Roll on the Rare/Featured Summon banner. If you like it connect your Facebook account to it, if not restart the emulator and try again.

Once you’ve connected your Facebook account to your BE account you’re locked in and can’t change it so choose your starting character wisely.

Sadly in order to get Orlandeu, you may be looking at anywhere from between 100-200 rolls...still, most of us will say it's worth it. Especially if you want to remain F2P.

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Mar 28, 2017

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

hamsystem posted:

6* Lasswell looks ok. Seems like he'd be decent against an enemy weak against ice or in conjunction with someone that has heavy hitting ice abilities.

If you've got an ice weapon for him, he generates his own 50% ice weakness on an attack that ignores 25% defense AND breaks 50% defense. It's an overloaded as gently caress attack, and is gonna be used constantly in my canon characters only party for doing story.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Unfortunately it appears Icebrand is the only Ice element weapon he can equip even in JP. It's a rather lovely element.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

HGH posted:

Unfortunately it appears Icebrand is the only Ice element weapon he can equip even in JP. It's a rather lovely element.

Its been whats keeping dracwell from being absurdly powerful due to having basically the same attack

Lightning had the same problem until olive's Tm came out on global , though people just end up using it on olive anyway

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Six star Lasswell is probably going to be about as useful as DracuLasswell. Kinda serviceable, but not for your A team. I doubt he gets higher than a 10 on the wiki.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I see here that he has a good Wind/Ice AoE for Arenas?

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

HGH posted:

I see here that he has a good Wind/Ice AoE for Arenas?

I love Noctis in arena. Fire flask just fucks up the other team so badly. I do not look forward to when it is prohibited by some limitation :(

Its kind of funny, everyone says to reroll if you don't get a 5* base to start with, but I was too lazy to and now I have a pretty good team thanks to a little bit of luck. My main limitation right now is a lack of good equipment.

taichara
May 9, 2013

c:\>erase c:\reality.sys copy a:\gigacity\*.* c:

hamsystem posted:

Sounds like he'll get on swimmingly with Noel, then.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
I wish I'd kept an accurate count yesterday for red ore because I started the day with maybe a few thousand red ore and ended the day with 17k red ore and Kiyomori. After how much Type-0 screwed with me on bomb/nimbus appearances this has been a nice start to the FFT grind. I'll easily get the 200k or so ore for my event shopping list at this rate. :toot:

Shoenin posted:

Ok Boys here we go:

4* Shine
3* Lawrence

3* Hayate
3* Lawrence
3* Shera
4* Soleil
4* Soleil
4* Gaffgarion
4* Chiz
3* Lawrence

3*, 4*...5* Orlandeau

Ok then Game, You win. Now please dont screw me in the event of you ever making AY Rydia or ever actually do a SD3 crossover and add Riesz. Orlandeau was sort of an unexpected prize I didnt actually think I would get.

Not sure how many of those 3-4 stars you had before pulling but at least you got a nice bit of FFT bonus in addition to several very useful Orlandu TM units. Hope you have a Cecil tucked away somewhere too but if not then Durandal will get the job done.

Nuebot posted:

Much like putting Orlandeu right after the player's choice banner. :colbert:

:lol: if you didn't realize that was going to happen. Gungho has done that with PAD and new Godfest exclusives. Have a kickass player/dev choice godfest then add new godfest exclusives a week later.

I wonder if/when Gumi will start doing Unit of Choice events in FFBE like they do in Brave Frontier (one's going on right now, need to log in for 30 days or so though) or if they'll never do it because of how this game's setup.

Tengames posted:

Its been whats keeping dracwell from being absurdly powerful due to having basically the same attack

Lightning had the same problem until olive's Tm came out on global , though people just end up using it on olive anyway

There's a lightning element sword as a TMR at some point, I think, but I'm pretty sure it's something you want to use on the unit that it comes with. Lightning's enhancements include her -lightning resist debuff getting boosted to 75% though which is going to be amazing on global for making Olive hit for even more ridiculous amounts of damage. To say nothing of if/when Olive gets enhancements.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
I have 7 Mustadios. :(

edit: Congrats Fenrir, they added you to JP.

JP patch notes:

- New Esper: Fenrir (has AoE all status buff)
- White magic now calculates damage from SPR
- Separate arena loadouts
- Vivi/Garnet/Kuja/Zidane 6*
- Filter friends by ATK (I'm guessing it means sort)
- Notification when arena orbs/energy is full
- Enhance view now remembers your position in the list

dangerous.hotdog fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Mar 28, 2017

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Evil Fluffy posted:

There's a lightning element sword as a TMR at some point, I think, but I'm pretty sure it's something you want to use on the unit that it comes with. Lightning's enhancements include her -lightning resist debuff getting boosted to 75% though which is going to be amazing on global for making Olive hit for even more ridiculous amounts of damage. To say nothing of if/when Olive gets enhancements.

The lightning-element Greatsword comes on some random 3* BE shitter that you'll definitely not use over Lightning.

Rocketpriest
Nov 28, 2006
Alias: Non-Demoninational Minister Capable of Sub-Atmospheric Flight

dangerous.hotdog posted:

- Enhance view now remembers your position in the list
Jesus, how nice this would have been for all these Thancreds

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Infected posted:

The lightning-element Greatsword comes on some random 3* BE shitter that you'll definitely not use over Lightning.

I stand corrected then. Lightning (and future Knight Delita) users rejoice.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I wish I had a second sparky gun I could put on Lightning. But if I did, I would have a second Olive and I'd just use the second Olive.

First whale problems...

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

dangerous.hotdog posted:

- White magic now calculates damage from SPR

Oh hey good to know holy will be useful ages from now when we get this update.

ShinyDais
Sep 5, 2016

dangerous.hotdog posted:

I have 7 Mustadios. :(

edit: Congrats Fenrir, they added you to JP.

Gosh darn it, I was gonna make that joke! Shouldn't have waited... :sigh:

I still want to throw together a 4~5 Mustadio gimmick team at some point, just for fun. MORE ANIME DAKKA.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Either my units have gotten that good or this red orb Mog event is the easiest thing I have ever encountered.

Chizuru, CoD, and Mercedes barrage the whole time. All 3 above 400atk.
2 Bonus units, and 1 friend.

If Orlandu friends are up, I run elite, after that it is a pro grind.

Ifrit is getting tougher and tougher to grind out due to availabilities of Olive or Noctis units. Accidentally grabbed a 500atk Olive non-friend companion and that didn't end so well.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

hagie posted:

Either my units have gotten that good or this red orb Mog event is the easiest thing I have ever encountered.

Chizuru, CoD, and Mercedes barrage the whole time. All 3 above 400atk.
2 Bonus units, and 1 friend.

If Orlandu friends are up, I run elite, after that it is a pro grind.

Ifrit is getting tougher and tougher to grind out due to availabilities of Olive or Noctis units. Accidentally grabbed a 500atk Olive non-friend companion and that didn't end so well.

The event is definitely easy, especially after spending a week or two grinding the Ifrit raid.

It also helps that the chocobos show up a ton.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Yeah, this event isn't soul crushing like the Type Zero for FF13 king mog events. I only really started running it yesterday after Cactuar Dunes ended and I'm already at 37k. With a decently strong Orlandu pal I can throw Noctis and bonus units at elite. Deprotect, Attack Song, and Imperil from Espers help make it consistent too, and if my pal isn't strong or chocobos show up I can Fire Flask my way to victory.

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
Got the gilga trial down first attempt today! Managed the limit burst special and 5 unit max achievements too.

Primm with kaiser knuckles, golem staff and Luneth with durandal, vernard and a water blade materia easily kept all 6 elements locked down.

After that, dual cast Refia was easily able to deal with any of gilgamesh's damage even through thresholds. Cecil sat there to eat insta kills and throw mp items at Refia when needed.

Friend unit Noctis was my 5th slot and I still think I'm going to pick him in future trials over beefed out Olives or Orlandus because of the sheer amount of utility he provides.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
I'm getting chocobospawns like mad in the ELT event right now, it's like I've got the luck you people have getting rainbows and zidanes. Had to drop lapis to expand my item slots

Today's pulls were a daily and tickets I grinded out with the event: Lani, Medius, Sazh, Amarant, Galuf, Tellah, Lawrence. Not a single Soleil yet, because that's a golden crystal and they only troll me, like I'm back dropping 50 pulls hunting Ling and getting squat.

Flipping the double bird in the direction of basically all of you. It's doing a great job at making me not want to invest money in it and also quit.

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Mar 29, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)

Evil Fluffy posted:

Not sure how many of those 3-4 stars you had before pulling but at least you got a nice bit of FFT bonus in addition to several very useful Orlandu TM units. Hope you have a Cecil tucked away somewhere too but if not then Durandal will get the job done.

5 In the oven, all at around 20-13%. Will try to merge 3 for 1 and get another later.

already had a full group of FFT event peeps, but 3 more neato dancers will replace the Law guys. Hell I threw the last Law guy out since Ovelia deserves something for stabbing someone out of hatred.

• Locked thread