Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Uber stepping up its woke game

https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/status/846780783859765249

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

uberetto sounds like some kind of pastry

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

lmao the latino group is called Los Ubers

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

LMFAO

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

they exist forever now don't they

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
Last time someone tried to connect ubers with jewbers we got the holocaust.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

This makes me like lyft less. Good thing uber is even more annoying with wokeness now so I can keep not using them.

The_Politics_Man
Aug 25, 2015

Jewber sounds like an alt-right slur.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
Everytime I take an Uber I end up riding with a white pride dude.

Don't know why maybe I shouldn't set my pickup​ location so close to the guardtower

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!
Soiled Meat

Is this unironically saying they are trying to concentrate Jews from around the world in their corporate ghettos?

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

*stumbles around* don't worry brah the (((jewber))) should be here soon

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

smh

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Wait, what does this guy even mean? Is he implying that large investments in companies are progressive, or that Uber is an exceptionally progressive company?

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

What's the etymology of uberetto?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I like it when corporate tokenism fails in an attempt to sound cool and comes across as vaguely racist. Really shows that they only care about minorities as potential customers.

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

:drat:

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Sentence: guillotine

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Ytlaya posted:

Wait, what does this guy even mean? Is he implying that large investments in companies are progressive, or that Uber is an exceptionally progressive company?

Austin voted to regulate rideshare apps, which in this guy's mind is as regressive as publicly executing gay people.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
So has Saudi Arabia codified if women are allowed in autonomous cars?

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Peanut President posted:

So has Saudi Arabia codified if women are allowed in autonomous cars?

that is haram

Woozy
Jan 3, 2006

Ytlaya posted:

The only thing the word "progressive" has ever actually meant is technocratic coastal nobility.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Bill Gates, Tim Cook, Elon Musk, and other business titans are set to join the new "SWAT team" being put together by Donald Trump son-in-law and senior adviser Jared Kushner to reform U.S. government bureaucracy, the Washington Post reports.

The new White House Office of American Innovation, the formal name for the group, is being touted as a "nonideological ideas factory," the Post says. It is targeting "stagnation" that "has hindered [the government's] ability to properly function, often creating widespread congestion and leading to cost overruns and delays," President Trump said in a statement.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Bro Dad posted:

Bill Gates, Tim Cook, Elon Musk, and other business titans are set to join the new "SWAT team" being put together by Donald Trump son-in-law and senior adviser Jared Kushner to reform U.S. government bureaucracy, the Washington Post reports.

The new White House Office of American Innovation, the formal name for the group, is being touted as a "nonideological ideas factory," the Post says. It is targeting "stagnation" that "has hindered [the government's] ability to properly function, often creating widespread congestion and leading to cost overruns and delays," President Trump said in a statement.

lol jesus

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Stack Rank the government

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

i can't wait for a buncha tech titans who can't figure out how to keep their pieces of poo poo products from sucking rear end after a revision or two telling us how to live our lives

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

someone in the trump thread today made a p good point that there's a prisoner's dilemma game going on with trump and these regulation roll-backs via idiot fiat considering

a) with the way things are going, dems will replace all of this poo poo when the republicans get massacred
b) they're all waiting for someone else in the industry to take advantage of these short-term openings so they can savage them in the media and destroy their competitors for #woke points (ex. what happened with lyft & uber when uber scabbed the protest in NYC)

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Business Gorillas posted:

(ex. what happened with lyft & uber when uber scabbed the protest in NYC)

lyft scabbed the protest as well lol

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bro Dad posted:

More people should read The Circle by Dave Eggers.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Nonsense posted:

PECKERWOODS!!PECKERWOODS!!PECKERWOODS!!
/

Jewbermensch

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!
Soiled Meat

Bro Dad posted:

Well, at least Gates is a decent person, right?

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
http://time.com/4715679/santas-husband-book-harper-design/

Time posted:

A new picture book will depict Santa as a gay man in an interracial relationship, publisher Harper Design confirmed Tuesday.
The book, Santa’s Husband, goes on sale Oct. 10 and tells the story of a black Santa Claus and his white husband who both live in the North Pole. Santa’s spouse frequently fills in for his husband at malls, according to a description of the book Harper Design provided to TIME.
Daniel Kibblesmith, who is a staff writer for The Late Show with Stephen Colbert and co-author of How to Win at Everything, penned the parody children’s book after tweeting in December that he would only tell his future child Santa was black. “If they see a white one, we’ll say ‘That’s his husband,’” Kibblesmith wrote.
A photo Kibblesmith tweeted Tuesday of the book’s original concept art shows the couple, both wearing Santa suits, looking dreamingly into each other’s eyes.Harper Design said the book is meant for all ages.

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
I love my gay black Santa

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Unberable

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

then the racist, homophobic elves tried to unionize, but luckily,

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

steinrokkan posted:

Well, at least Gates is a decent person, right?

no. he's a rich person.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Sending out the white Santa anytime that there is a public appearance? Problematic

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

got any sevens posted:

This makes me like lyft less. Good thing uber is even more annoying with wokeness now so I can keep not using them.

why not take a taxi

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

why not take a taxi

Taxis don't exist where I live

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

What's an uberetto

Do they mean women

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

420 Gank Mid