Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Yakuza 0, Horizon, Nioh

All super dope ps4 exclusives that will hold you over till P5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Chie is the kind of person who thinks Bruce Lee would clean shop in MMA.

e: How did I forget Yakuza and Nioh.
Shameful. I'm a disgrace. (It's because I haven't played them because I'm too poor for lots of games but I do want them a lot)

slev
Apr 6, 2009

I've never seen Conor McGregor galactic punt a tank

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I bought a Vita primarily for P3P and P4G. :shrug:

But also for other stuff.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

slev posted:

I've never seen Conor McGregor galactic punt a tank

(You've never seen Bruce Lee do that either ;P)

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I bought a vita so I could play old jrpgs in bed.

sounded dumb at the time but hell if it hasn't paid off

slev
Apr 6, 2009

Josuke Higashikata posted:

(You've never seen Bruce Lee do that either ;P)

She had to learn it somewhere

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the ps4 has, in the past 6 months, amassed the greatest library of jrpgs that's ever existed

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Tae posted:

I remember baal or one of other importers say she was disappointing?

Who is this? Because Haru is like the only character in the Phantom Thieves I don't like.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Endorph posted:

the ps4 has, in the past 6 months, amassed the greatest library of jrpgs that's ever existed

I dunno if I'd go that far because there are some real great JRPGs you can't play on it, but it's had a killer run for sure.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
In fact Makoto is probably tied with Goro and Yosuke with my favorite characters of the main group. Sadayo is tied with her as waifu though.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
All I remember was that first impressions of Makoto was "oh, she's not as fierce as her persona debut was." It was like half a year ago and a first take at this point.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3428684&pagenumber=679&perpage=40#post441175766

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Tae posted:

All I remember was that first impressions of Makoto was "oh, she's not as fierce as her persona debut was." It was like half a year ago and a first take at this point.

Her voice isn't, is what I saying at the time iirc and they have her sound pretty normal during combat which is weird. Tbf Rina Sato grew on me, but I still would've preferred a deeper voice to emphasize her being older and a figure of some authority to the group. It's still better than Cherami Leigh though, Jesus Christ.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the weird thing is rina sato has a pretty deep voice in berseria. i wonder if they just directed her to not sound too intimidating in p5 or something.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

It's been more than 2 years, since that came out

Haha

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Endorph posted:

the weird thing is rina sato has a pretty deep voice in berseria. i wonder if they just directed her to not sound too intimidating in p5 or something.

I thought it was p funny when I learned she was Velvet in Berseria because she would've had to go hard rear end tough girl voice and the voice director for P5 didn't do that also for some reason despite Makoto easily being the most threatening looking member of the group. I guess they probably wanted her to sound less tough to make it easier for people to not be put off by her, but idk it's very possible they just didn't think it was necessary to emphasize which I think is dumb.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

It seems like you have any bass in your voice as a woman voice actor in Japan, you're probably never going to play the lead and usually regulated to villains, creatures, grandmas or background noise these. Well, same with anime dubs actresses.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Jimbot posted:

It seems like you have any bass in your voice as a woman voice actor in Japan, you're probably never going to play the lead and usually regulated to villains, creatures, grandmas or background noise these. Well, same with anime dubs actresses.
lol, yeah, there aren't a ton of insanely successful deep-voiced female voice actors in japan <---- a person who knows what they're talking about

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Is this the part of the thread where I can gush about Miyuki Sawashiro? I'll take any excuse.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Is this the part of the thread where I can gush about Miyuki Sawashiro? I'll take any excuse.
yes

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

I'll also allow that. Any thread should allow that

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
No, because she's not in this game. Instead talk about Jun Fukuyama, Tomokazu Sugita, and Mamoru Miyano, three amazing VAs who all voice major cast members.

Or Soichiro Hoshi who voices one of the best boys.

Or for female vas Ikue Otani who's great as Morgana and Aoi Yuki who is always perfect.

This game has a great JP cast... the EN one has Cassandra Morris and one of the two lame Matt Mercer performances I've heard and that's p much it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Let's not get ahead of ourselves in calling Soichiro Hoshi a good voice actor.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

soichiro hoshi is in symphogear, which grants him immunity to ever being criticized

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

I'll also allow that. Any thread should allow that

Great, I love her, she's the best, her voice is like hearing heaven, I want her to say anything and everything ever because it would sound amazing.

Captain Baal posted:

No, because she's not in this game. Instead talk about Jun Fukuyama, Tomokazu Sugita, and Mamoru Miyano, three amazing VAs who all voice major cast members.

Or Soichiro Hoshi who voices one of the best boys.

Or for female vas Ikue Otani who's great as Morgana and Aoi Yuki who is always perfect.

This game has a great JP cast... the EN one has Cassandra Morris and one of the two lame Matt Mercer performances I've heard and that's p much it.

These are not bassy girls, but they are fantastic. They better have that JP VA DLC up nice and early on 4/4 for us yuros

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

ImpAtom posted:

Let's not get ahead of ourselves in calling Soichiro Hoshi a good voice actor.

He delivers the best performance of anyone in the game and this is one of his best roles, idgaf how much Kira Yamato sucks.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Great, I love her, she's the best, her voice is like hearing heaven, I want her to say anything and everything ever because it would sound amazing.

These are not bassy girls, but they are fantastic. They better have that JP VA DLC up nice and early on 4/4 for us yuros
I agree with you on Miyuki, tho. I also dig Grey DeLisle a lot.

The DLC is apparently launch DLC. Let's hope it doesn't get pushed back

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
I just want to hear Laura Bailey in everything and I'm sad that she seems to have dialed back her roles lately.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Oxxidation posted:

I just want to hear Laura Bailey in everything and I'm sad that she seems to have dialed back her roles lately.

laura bailey's in stuff, she just isn't in anime stuff anymore

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Captain Baal posted:

Don't forget the Smash 4 announcer as the protag

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Endorph posted:

laura bailey's in stuff, she just isn't in anime stuff anymore

There's stuff that isn't anime?? :confused:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

xander mobius is really boring when he isn't doing the smash 4 announcer voice

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Was the SAG strike happening during the dub for this game? Probably not since Matt Mercer is voicing a character in the game and he's not using an alias.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

He sounds like rear end in this game

Jimbot posted:

Was the SAG strike happening during the dub for this game? Probably not since Matt Mercer is voicing a character in the game and he's not using an alias.

The SAG strike only effected certain companies Atlus was not one of them. The main cast is half of SMTIV Apocalypse's ripped from that game and slapped into here.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Jimbot posted:

anime voice actors are non-union anyway, it wouldn't matter if the strike was going on or not.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Sheesh, yeah, I finally got around to looking up the English cast and either I'm still mentally stuck in the early oughts or this is just a rogues' gallery of nobodies.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

it's both, op.

The cast are relative newcomers, but they've been around for 2-4 years. there's a lot of crossover with the neptunia and tales of dubs.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Oxxidation posted:

Sheesh, yeah, I finally got around to looking up the English cast and either I'm still mentally stuck in the early oughts or this is just a rogues' gallery of nobodies.

Most of them have been around for 2-3 years excepting Cassandra Morris, Cherami Leigh, and Matthew Mercer. The problem is none of the people they got have any real character to their voices, Cherami Leigh is miscast to hell and sounds bad as Makoto, and they made Mercer sound like Shatner for some reason.

It says a lot when the most prominent roles that two of the newer VAs have is the Smash 4 announcer and Saitama from One Punch Man. Meanwhile Nier Automata has about as many new people relatively and sounds very good and Berseria has a ton of really good VAs who are spread out between newer and older. Hell, Ryuji's VA voices Shigure in Berseria and sounds really good there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Captain Baal posted:

Most of them have been around for 2-3 years excepting Cassandra Morris, Cherami Leigh, and Matthew Mercer. The problem is none of the people they got have any real character to their voices, Cherami Leigh is miscast to hell and sounds bad as Makoto, and they made Mercer sound like Shatner for some reason.

It says a lot when the most prominent roles that two of the newer VAs have is the Smash 4 announcer and Saitama from One Punch Man. Meanwhile Nier Automata has about as many new people relatively and sounds very good and Berseria has a ton of really good VAs who are spread out between newer and older. Hell, Ryuji's VA voices Shigure in Berseria and sounds really good there.

don't you dare insult Umio