Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wyvernil
Mar 10, 2007

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons... for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Spergatory posted:

When it comes to aiming, a combination of motion controls and the sticks works best for me. I use the sticks to aim left and right, and the gyro to aim up and down. It's easier to tilt the controller vertically than to spin it anyway.

So I know everyone wants the hookshot, but what kind of hypothetical new outfits/armor sets would people want to be added with DLC? I can think of two off the top of my head:

:frog:Frog Suit:frog:: Makes Link look like a frog. Each piece increases jump height. Set bonus is sticky-climbing, which lets you climb like Spider-Man and not slip in the rain.

:flashfact:Pegasus Gear::flashfact:: Makes Link look like a combination of the OOT/MM Mailman and Hermes. Each piece increases movement speed. Set bonus is either reduced stamina consumption when sprinting, or a charged dash attack performed by holding the sprint button when standing still. I just really want a 3D version of the Pegasus Boots goddamn it. :mad:

Here's some ideas for DLC armor:

Wizard Armor: Wizard robes and hat, similar to the Wizzrobes. Increases durability and power of elemental weapons.

Cucco Suit: Goofy-looking chicken suit. Cuccos think you're one of their own, so if you're hit in battle, there's a chance that a swarm of Cuccos will fly in and attack the enemy. Might also grant a bonus to stamina while gliding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

I was fully expecting there to be some kind of Rito set to enhance gliding somehow.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

DLC Classic Mode: There is only one road on the map, its straight and you have to talk to all of the 6,000 people on the road, all of whom tell you just a little bit about how to beat the final boss. The final boss is just the last person you talk to on the road.

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
My only gripe on the controls is that I wish jumping toward a wall was mandatory to begin climbing it because I hit my fair share of door frames and corners and just latched onto it like a weird lizard. Fine except in combat

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Red Lynels are extremely weak once you have a 30ish damage two hander and Barbossa's Furry.

Farm them shits and build up your barbarian armor. :black101:

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
Sometimes I wonder what this game would be like if it had modding like Skyrim/Fallout....

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

The same, except way more dicks

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Playable Ridley

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
Jesus loving Christ. I was about to rip my hair out at the mounted archery thing. I was trying for an hour and couldn't figure out why my bomb arrows weren't blowing up the final five like they used to. I got to like 21-22 targets 10 times. Then I took a break... and it clicked... I was loving selecting fire arrows every time. I sat down and tried again and nailed it the first time.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Davoren posted:

I was fully expecting there to be some kind of Rito set to enhance gliding somehow.

i wish every region got you armor that did something cool like the zora shirt

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
The Goron armor should let you Metroid ball.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
Majora's Mask style Goron roll

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Gerudo gives the power of really rockin' abs.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
It's a dang shame Gerudo Town had the most boring theme ever instead of a remix of the rocking OoT theme

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Daruk's protection does not protect you against the wrath of cuccos

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
I really wish that under "equip armor" in the inventory was just "equip set"

Seems kinda obvious

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

I really wish you could wear a cosmetic armor set as well as a functional armor set. On the other hand, Gerudo Vai mode is basically a naked challenge but with 3 defense and basic heat resist.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Why aren't there Champion pants?

I look like a dingus in my maxed out diamond circlet, tunic, and ancient pants.

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

They should've made it so you could dye your Champion's Tunic, and if you did it it would also retroactively dye the colors of all the champions including all the flashbacks.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Just 8 shrines left. One or more of them are Kass quests.

Hey if you stumble upon a kass quest before talking to him, are you still able to complete his storyline?

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Why aren't there Champion pants?

I look like a dingus in my maxed out diamond circlet, tunic, and ancient pants.

Just use Hylian pants man, that's what Link does in the flashbacks

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Just use Hylian pants man, that's what Link does in the flashbacks

But I want my junk protected.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Just 8 shrines left. One or more of them are Kass quests.

Hey if you stumble upon a kass quest before talking to him, are you still able to complete his storyline?

Yes, if you talk to him after he just says you're great and you get complete.

Hikaki
Oct 11, 2005
Motherfucking Fujitsu Heavy Industries

Davoren posted:

I went into the Rito Village thinking you'd get some kind of flying ability. I got really excited when you get directed to go to the "flight" range. Oh well, at least Revali's gust thing is useful.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Revali's gay is now ready.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I'm about to do shrines 119 and 120, the ones where you fight a Hinox in the dark and Survival Island.

Pray for me.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
You know what would be a pretty cool followup to Breath of the Wild, is a really dense urban environment as a foil to the sprawling wilderness of this game

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

I'm about to do shrines 119 and 120, the ones where you fight a Hinox in the dark and Survival Island.

Pray for me.

they dead easy

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

dragon enthusiast posted:

You know what would be a pretty cool followup to Breath of the Wild, is a really dense urban environment as a foil to the sprawling wilderness of this game

saints row?

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
Request for favours: Can anyone recommend a good place to find, firstly, sunshrooms for making level 2 cold resist food? I'm running low. I realise that those red dragonflies can make resist elixirs, but sometimes I want health and resistance.

Secondly, does anyone have any suggestions for finding/farming Giant Ancient Cores? I find a steady supply of every other mechanical bit in the game, including the small cores, but the giant ones are thin on the ground I've found a few in shrines, but those are obviously finite and do not respawn.

Pray for me.

I hope that your experience is as painless as mine. I did the island without cheesing it in any way, and it went very smoothly. The only dodgy bit was when I accidentally awoke the Hinox after after getting his sphere, but I ran far enough away that he stopped bothering me. As for the dark bit, I was in my Stealth suit and I ended up picking up the sphere while on top of the Hinox, and never knew that he was there until I had activated the shrine. I am rather glad that this happened or I would have been very scared going in.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

JustJeff88 posted:

Request for favours: Can anyone recommend a good place to find, firstly, sunshrooms for making level 2 cold resist food? I'm running low. I realise that those red dragonflies can make resist elixirs, but sometimes I want health and resistance.

Secondly, does anyone have any suggestions for finding/farming Giant Ancient Cores? I find a steady supply of every other mechanical bit in the game, including the small cores, but the giant ones are thin on the ground I've found a few in shrines, but those are obviously finite and do not respawn.

take a picture of a sunshroom, use the shiekah sensor + to track it (the forest near the hateno lab seems to have plenty of them)

fight a ton of walking eyes guardian stalkers

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
Final Boss: I'm kind of annoyed that doing the Divine Beasts means he gets half his health removed automatically but Techno-Ganondorf Lich Monstrosity was a loving awesome boss design and his fight was real fun!
As usual for 3D Zelda games, phase 2 was weaker (as an experience) than phase 1 but at least Zelda wasn't shooting me in the back of the head with light arrows I guess.

edit: I meant the opposite of a thing I said, whoops.

Fortis fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Mar 29, 2017

BlackFrost
Feb 6, 2008

Have you figured it out yet?
It's super cool how the blood moon just really fucks certain things up. Waited at a spot for a while for a dragon to spawn in? Cool! IT's finally here! Oh, a blood moon happened. It's gone. gently caress you.

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

BlackFrost posted:

It's super cool how the blood moon just really fucks certain things up. Waited at a spot for a while for a dragon to spawn in? Cool! IT's finally here! Oh, a blood moon happened. It's gone. gently caress you.

I just started the goron golf minigame. Blood moon, gently caress you, your effort, and your 20 rupees.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Did you guys find yourself using horses much. I think I've spent like an hour on horseback out of the 30+ I've played.

BlackFrost
Feb 6, 2008

Have you figured it out yet?

Red Minjo posted:

I just started the goron golf minigame. Blood moon, gently caress you, your effort, and your 20 rupees.

I feel like they could've avoided a lot of the issues it causes by just having a message pop up instead of playing a pointless cutscene every single time it happens. Like... I'm 60 hours in, game. I know what a blood moon is and what it does. I don't think Zelda needs to remind me what's happening.

veni veni veni posted:

Did you guys find yourself using horses much. I think I've spent like an hour on horseback out of the 30+ I've played.

Here and there, yeah. They're useful for getting places relatively quickly, but the moment you see something up a ledge that looks interesting they're gone.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
oh hi gigantic horse in the middle of nowhere. you're mine now.

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll

veni veni veni posted:

They're how I got to towers and did mighty battle against all the guardians and hinoxes in the world

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll

spit on my clit posted:

oh hi gigantic horse in the middle of nowhere. you're mine now.

This guy is the best trust me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Anyone know how I can equip the monster saddle?