Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

DOOMocrat posted:

While it's nice they're covering the cost of the Niemi buyout for us I ask that the Wild steal their own history fair and square.

https://twitter.com/mnwild/status/846814675803136001

Someone check and see if Top Hands Monthly is dead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I don't know what's gotten into Sven Andrighetto lately, but good for him. Dude scored twice tonight, he now has 7-4-11 in 13 games with Colorado. Plus the Flames won, one more win and they're in for sure, so best possible result, really, I've always liked Sven.

Siiiiiigh

Fire Bergevin.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

grack posted:

Why am I not surprised that no Canucks were taken?

I want them to take whatever defenseman Benning makes available.....plleeeeeeeeaaasee!!

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Isn't one of the draft rules is that a player from each team must be chosen?

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

ImplicitAssembler posted:

I want them to take whatever defenseman Benning makes available.....plleeeeeeeeaaasee!!

*monkey paw's finger curls down, Jim Benning exposes Tanev*

yellowcar posted:

yeah, they just didn't bother doing more than a 23-man roster

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

yellowcar posted:

https://twitter.com/Real_ESPNLeBrun/status/846723538044276737

Basically, Canucks potential available players are so bad they aren't considered to be part of the top 23 for Vegas (in their opinion, anyways), but Vegas will have to take one.

Kilza fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Mar 28, 2017

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Spring Break My Heart posted:

I wish they would just go back to the North Stars name. I don't think it's any more confusing than having the Blues and Blue Jackets or Reds and Red Sox and they have to get rid of the Wild name.

I don't really find that metaphor applicable, but whatever. Happy to count the money, good for HRR.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

TeamJesus posted:

Pierre LeBrun and Joe McDonald have Vegas winding up with Ferland from the Flames?

He'll be protected. He's become a perfect fit on the top line with Gaudreau and Monahan. The Flames have been really high on him for years and it's paying off.

Brouwer/Stajan/Bouma are the likely bets on F.

No, you see the flames are so deep at RW that they will let go Micheal so we can have more Alex Chiasson, top line winger. Someone i seriously wonder if some of these guys who write about hockey actually watch hockey.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

JawKnee posted:

*monkey paw's finger curls down, Jim Benning exposes Tanev*

Even I don't think Benning is that stupid. Hutton, Tryamkin and Stecher are all exempt, so it's three of Tanev, Edler, Gudbranson or Sbisa and I'm pretty sure Tanev is going to be protected.

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

Zodijackylite posted:

Lowry is 23, has a cap hit of $1.125m, and is a RFA after next seasons.
Perrault is 29, has a cap hit of $4.125m, and is signed for four more seasons.

They could replace Perrault with a UFA of similar age/cost.

Lowry is a 4th line centre and Perreault is a top line winger, look at how wrong this post is

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...

A Typical Goon posted:

Lowry is a 4th line centre and Perreault is a top line winger, look at how wrong this post is

They both play 16 minutes per night and Perrault is the #6 forward on a team whose next best option is noted fourth line center Adam Lowry.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

grack posted:

Even I don't think Benning is that stupid. Hutton, Tryamkin and Stecher are all exempt, so it's three of Tanev, Edler, Gudbranson or Sbisa and I'm pretty sure Tanev is going to be protected.
I don't think so either...

mostly.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Sure you could take the consistent 40-point forward who can play all positions and situations signed to a reasonable contract... but then again, he is a bit short.

Better go with the second-rate Patrik Berglund

Good Soldier Svejk fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Mar 29, 2017

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl-doctor-slams-situational-ethics-on-concussions-in-unsealed-lawsuit-documents-1.708729

https://twitter.com/scottcwheeler/status/846864519762731008

https://twitter.com/coreypronman/status/846896047355916288

bettman delenda est

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Holy poo poo they are gonna lose the gently caress out of that lawsuit because Bettman and his retinue are incompetent cartoon villains

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Andrei Markov is now tied for 2nd with Guy Lapointe in all-time points by a defenceman in franchise history. :toot:

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Dearly Beloved, we are gathered here today to mourn the loss of The Streak™.

April 4th, 1991 - March 28th, 2017

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

The Detroit Red Wings playoff streak is officially over.

:rip:

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Good

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
N: Leafs maintain hold of 3rd in the Atlantic and Matthews passed Clark for most goals by a Leafs rookie

V: :toot:

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Kilza posted:

They'll finally shut up about it now.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
fire holland

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

yellowcar posted:

They'll finally shut up about it now.

lol if you don't think that the team with the longest active streak every year won't get compared to them at random points during the season and during every single playoff game until someone breaks it or the world ends

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

https://twitter.com/scottcwheeler/status/846863350407548928

Marklar
Jul 24, 2003

Ball is Love
Ball is Life

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Holy poo poo they are gonna lose the gently caress out of that lawsuit because Bettman and his retinue are incompetent cartoon villains

He is such a fucker.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Kilza posted:

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Teemu Pokemon posted:

lol if you don't think that the team with the longest active streak every year won't get compared to them at random points during the season and during every single playoff game until someone breaks it or the world ends

yeah but i'll probably won't hear about it during this year's playoffs so i'm good!

The Golden Man
Aug 4, 2007

you guys if you havent should read the Battle of Alberta by Mark Spector. im only halfway done and already one guys lost a nut and another dude lost his spleen. both flames so good

also it elaborates on how badger bob invented the trap another reason calgary can gently caress itself

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

corn on the cop posted:

Dearly Beloved, we are gathered here today to mourn the loss of The Streak™.

April 4th, 1991 - March 28th, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egX9N8yOgaU

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
The Red Wings playoff streak is over. Just got confirmation from the family

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Kilza posted:

rest in piss

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

AsInHowe posted:

lmao

y'know what, you're alright

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

yellowcar posted:

yeah but i'll probably won't hear about it during this year's playoffs so i'm good!

hahahahahaha you're kidding right? Instead of it just getting talked about during the Wings inevitable 5 game exit, it's going to get talked about during every single game 2017 NHL PLAYOFFS PRESENTED BY: THE STREAK: IN MEMORIAM

AsInHowe posted:

:vince:

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Mar 29, 2017

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I bet the Detroit players feel really bad to be the pack of losers who finally broke the streak.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

AsInHowe posted:

:drat:

NHL March N/V: Just got confirmation from the family

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

fits posted:

bettman delenda est

He is such an unbelievable fucker

Marklar posted:

He is such a fucker.

:downs: :respek: :downs:

Stretch Marx posted:

N: Leafs maintain hold of 3rd in the Atlantic and Matthews passed Clark for most goals by a Leafs rookie

V: :toot:

Yeah winning without Andersen in net is a nice thing

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

AsInHowe posted:

OK that was good

Holy ovi

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

McElhinney was either crazy good or crazy lucky tonight and I love it

He was probably both

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

yellowcar posted:

Oh you sweet innocent child. Whoever currently holds the longest playoff record is going to be compared endlessly to Detroit now.

I really hope it isnt Chicago. I dont need more reasons to hate the media around my favourite team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Furnaceface posted:

Oh you sweet innocent child. Whoever currently holds the longest playoff record is going to be compared endlessly to Detroit now.

I really hope it isnt Chicago. I dont need more reasons to hate the media around my favourite team.

Pittsburgh holds the longest playoff streak now. They've made it 11 seasons now.

• Locked thread