Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

They use bay leaves in the black beans not in the rice I mean drat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chair In A Basket
Aug 6, 2005

I'm basically Jesus.

Nap Ghost

me standing up in a full office in the middle of the afternoon saying no no no no

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

It's honestly not worth the argument anymore. People made their minds up about it years ago.

I mean, poo poo, we just had someone say that americans aren't happy unless a pizza is loaded down with plastic cheese as if every restaurant only ever layers kraft singles on a pizza.

Hell, last thread we had someone saying that yellow cheddar isn't real cheese. It really isn't worth it.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
The best type of cheese is Leicester by the way

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Leipajuusto and gruyere are my favorites, but really I'm down with like 90% of cheeses I've ever had. I would kill for some saganaki with goat cheese right now.

Softer/creamier cheeses aren't necessarily my thing but I've found a few that I've liked. And even the ones I didn't like by themselves turned out to be really good with the right bread in the right restaurant.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
Ate those as a kid. Would. Especially if it's Australian mayo (sweeter than American).

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

Controversial opinion: mayo is gross

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

my great-aunt told me stories of growing up during the Great Depression and eating plain mayonnaise-on-Wonder Bread sandwiches every day with a mayo-and-tomato sandwich in the summer when the vegetable garden came in as a special treat

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Munchables posted:

Controversial opinion: mayo is gross

You mean correct opinion.

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Also ranch is gross as well

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Munchables posted:

Also ranch is gross as well

Also correct.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

is ranch on mayo on white bread possibly the whitest thing

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

No, mayo is way more Japanese than it is white. Not even a contest.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

steinrokkan posted:

Pesto, the closest substance to divine matter, disagrees.

True enough, and I wasn't explicit but the context was fresh chopped basil on pizza. I've seen a pizza come out where you couldn't see any cheese or other toppings because of the drat pile of lawn clippings on top. A little of that poo poo goes a long way.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Mayo and Ranch are both gross. Growing up my racist uncle had a very colorful euphemism for Ranch ("N***** Ketchup") that I got in trouble for saying in school as a kid. I really didn't realize it was a terrible thing to say in second grade.

And Gouda is the best cheese.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Mayonnaise is great.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

No cheese pizza rules.

cohsae
Jun 19, 2015

Mayo is good, especially on a chicken burger.
Japanese mayo is god-drat amazing. Don't talk poo poo about mayo until you've had some chicken karaage.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Mayo's fine. I can't handle sweet mayo though. Gimme Duke's mayo any day.

Don't care much for ranch on its own. When used together with other things it's not too bad.

Cheese is good. I love cheese so much. I guess gouda's my favorite but I'm not too picky.

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH

Yawgmoth posted:

"And what side would you like with that?"
"WHATEVER JUST BRING ME MAH FOOD gently caress TALKING OR DECISIONS :byodood:"

Just answer the loving questions you goon. Hell, even "whatever is your favorite" is a more acceptable answer than "I don't care, bring me whatever" because it makes you sound like you care about their opinion rather than being an insufferable douchebag.

At most places, I just say "dealers choice" and they lose their poo poo. The average server loses their mind. They start asking if "dealers choice" is a brand name and then they offer me food that they don't even make. "How about PB&j?"

I've got one Subway where the manager knows me and I don't have to be grilled with "Do you want turkey on your turkey sub?" "Do you want horseflies on it?"

He just makes me something different every day and I never ask questions. It's magic. I also have a Qdoba guy that's the same way. i just got off work, I don't need any more questions, just put food in my belly and I'll be good. I'll decide more stuff tomorrow.

Chair In A Basket
Aug 6, 2005

I'm basically Jesus.

Nap Ghost
Miracle Whip is better.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

My favourite cheese is oaxaca. Make a plain quesadilla with that and fresh corn tortilla and I am in heaven.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Data Graham posted:

Um

That raises a question I did not know to consider.

What kind of "cheese" is British prepackaged processed "cheese"? Surely you don't call it "American".

Is it similar at all to our Kraft abominations, or is it bland and waxy and artificial yet somehow a classier flavor than ours?

el dingo posted:

That's a good question. I'm not a Brit but do live here and my partner (Irish) calls it plastic cheese. there is no derision in her tone when she says this and loves to make toasted cheese sandwiches with it, but will not use it for anything else

I have no idea how it compares to american. It tastes kinda salty and burns the poo poo out of you if it goops out of the sandwich

I think, before I finish writing this point, that should point out there's an ad for ranch dressing at the top of the page. Hahaha, perfect!

My dad (English) also called it plastic cheese. Despite his rabid belief in extreme thrift at all times, he only ever bought expensive cheeses. I asked for Kraft Singles once because I liked the commercials and he refused. (Then I ate one at a friend's house and understood why. Ugh.)

I will say that if you've just moved to Tokyo and have only a toaster oven in your kitchen, and very little money, that plastic cheese makes a fine cheese toastie of only moderate sadness.

Harriet the Spy sold me on this inferior bastard and I will never forgive or forget being influenced to try one.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

mostlygray posted:

At most places, I just say "dealers choice" and they lose their poo poo. The average server loses their mind. They start asking if "dealers choice" is a brand name and then they offer me food that they don't even make. "How about PB&j?"

What

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

mostlygray posted:

I've got one Subway where the manager knows me and I don't have to be grilled with "Do you want turkey on your turkey sub?" "Do you want horseflies on it?"

He just makes me something different every day and I never ask questions. It's magic. I also have a Qdoba guy that's the same way. i just got off work, I don't need any more questions, just put food in my belly and I'll be good. I'll decide more stuff tomorrow.

Yeah

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

bulletsponge13 posted:

Mayo and Ranch are both gross. Growing up my racist uncle had a very colorful euphemism for Ranch ("N***** Ketchup") that I got in trouble for saying in school as a kid. I really didn't realize it was a terrible thing to say in second grade.

I can't even figure out what twisted racist reasoning makes this slur make any sense. Ranch is way whiter than ketchup... :confused:

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

I can't even figure out what twisted racist reasoning makes this slur make any sense. Ranch is way whiter than ketchup... :confused:

I asked him later. "Blacks put Ranch on every loving thing." I've known exactly one black dude like that, and like a hundred thousand white chicks.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

bulletsponge13 posted:

I asked him later. "Blacks put Ranch on every loving thing." I've known exactly one black dude like that, and like a hundred thousand white chicks.

Yeah, I have never heard the ranch dressing stereotype applied to anyone except white Americans.

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

I only put salt and pepper on my salad.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

angerbeet posted:

The best type of cheese is Leicester by the way

Red or white :colbert:

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

mostlygray posted:

:getout:

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Lmbo what is this, page 260? :smuggo:

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Sir, this is a McDonald's drive through

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

gently caress

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

mostlygray posted:

I'd lose my poo poo if some chucklefuck said 'dealer's choice' too.

Also jfc how does one end up at a subway enough where the manager actually knows you, smdh

Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 9, 2016

by Reene
Tomato stuffed with tuna

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

el dingo posted:

I'd lose my poo poo if some chucklefuck said 'dealer's choice' too.

Also jfc how does one end up at a subway enough where the manager actually knows you, smdh

I would just make the weirdest sandwich possible. Honey mustard on meatballs with tuna, extra olives.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Data Graham posted:

That would be true also of New York, where people go bugfuck nuts for a big flat floppy slab of plain cheese from under a heatlamp.

The brick oven stuff is better, but for some reason it's not the thing everybody's actually after.

I have a friend building a brick pizza oven right now and I couldn't be more excited. He has even designed it to have a port to hook up an outlet from his ugly drum smoker to it so he can cold smoke

:getin: :krust:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

cohsae posted:

Mayo is good, especially on a chicken burger.
Japanese mayo is god-drat amazing. Don't talk poo poo about mayo until you've had some chicken karaage.

:hfive: my dude