Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr President
Nov 13, 2016

by Lowtax

Teenage Fansub posted:

Lemme guess the reason you aren't mentioning Midnighter..

I've heard it's good but I haven't read it yet ( I will after I read Grayson).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
Hey guys an issue of Titans not drawn by Brett Booth!

Everyone go buy it so DC moves Booth somewhere else thanks.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Why would I want to buy a Titans comic regardless of artist?

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

Endless Mike posted:

Why would I want to buy a Titans comic regardless of artist?

Because some good characters are in the book that you might like? Unless you only like Superman or the Green Lanterns it should have some DC character you like in this issue. I don't know what you like, I'm not your mother.

Mr President
Nov 13, 2016

by Lowtax
The only thing I don't like in titans is speedy's costume and design.

The backward cap that's he's been wearing for 5 years straight, big sun glasses, and tats make him look like a redneck

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Arsenal looking like a tool fits his character.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
We had a nice discussion about what's still missing from DC at this point and after much thought all I'm really missing is Kon-El/Conner. I know we have Jon now and he's fantastic but I was 14 years old when "my" Superboy debuted and I would love it if DC could find a way to bring him back and slot him into the Superman family.

And no, New 52 Superboy isn't the same.

Mr President
Nov 13, 2016

by Lowtax

Rhyno posted:

We had a nice discussion about what's still missing from DC at this point and after much thought all I'm really missing is Kon-El/Conner. I know we have Jon now and he's fantastic but I was 14 years old when "my" Superboy debuted and I would love it if DC could find a way to bring him back and slot him into the Superman family.

I'm not gonna be entirely satisfied until the status quo is closer to late 80s/early 90s DC. Their getting there but there is still so much work to be done.

I want my boy Impulse back, JSA, cyborg replaced with Martian Manhunter and the original Justice Leauge International characters restored with their dignity

Also it's not going to happen but I would like to see Jack Knight come back or at least a permanent new starman and also Morpheus come back (would be cool to see him battle dr manhattan)

Mr President fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Mar 29, 2017

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rhyno posted:

The Death of Superman is explicitly one of the stories made canonical by the Super rear end Fusion Retcon so Kon-El has to exist which makes his absence even more confusing.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Justice League International never had any dignity

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Mr President posted:

I'm not gonna be entirely satisfied until the status quo is closer to late 80s/early 90s DC. Their getting there but there is still so much work to be done.

I want my boy Impulse back, JSA, cyborg replaced with Martian Manhunter and the original Justice Leauge International characters restored with their dignity

Also it's not going to happen but I would like to see Jack Knight come back or at least a permanent new starman and also Morpheus come back (would be cool to see him battle dr manhattan)

Morpheus is dead, and will not use Daniel unless okayed by Gaiman but Morrison and Geoff Johns have used them before. Also jack gave it up to Courtney at and see has been around since the beginning of 52 and as long as Geoff Johns is around ain't going anywhere.

I thought death of superman had to exist due to coast city's destruction

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Pumped for all the HB specials about to drop.
I'd heard of the Banana Splits through a 90's alternative rock cartoon theme covers CD (Saturday Morning Cartoon's Greatest Hits is amazing, by the way) but I'm just now looking up what the show was.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjS1nrsJhTQ
... huh.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Mar 29, 2017

Mr President
Nov 13, 2016

by Lowtax

bobkatt013 posted:

Morpheus is dead, and will not use Daniel unless okayed by Gaiman but Morrison and Geoff Johns have used them before. Also jack gave it up to Courtney at and see has been around since the beginning of 52 and as long as Geoff Johns is around ain't going anywhere.

I thought death of superman had to exist due to coast city's destruction

Daniel shows up on occasion. I remember he showed up during both James Robinson and Keith Champlains JSA run briefly and Death was in Action Comics during Paul cornells run.

Mr President fucked around with this message at 10:02 on Mar 29, 2017

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Teenage Fansub posted:

Pumped for all the HB specials about to drop.
I'd heard of the Banana Splits through a 90's alternative rock cartoon theme covers CD (Saturday Morning Cartoon's Greatest Hits is amazing, by the way) but I'm just now looking up what the show was.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjS1nrsJhTQ
... huh.

Tra la la, la la la la
Tra la la, la la la la
Tra la la, la la la la
Tra la la, la la la la
Here comes Deadshot, El Diablo, Captain Boomerang
Killer Croc and Harley Quinn to make a crazy gang
'Manda Waller gives them orders, toughest kind of broad
Secret villain task force, they're the Suicide Squad

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I'm glad I saw a Sour Grapes video when Youtubing them cause when force pushing purple girls showed up I got the reference :)
I don't get why there were originally force pushing messenger girls in the show, though.

The Snagglepuss short has a new "We committed genocide, Barney" moment of Russelism that might get some play.

If these backups really are the next lot of HB comics, it's gonna be so much stranger than the first batch.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 11:51 on Mar 29, 2017

head58
Apr 1, 2013

Mr President posted:

and also Morpheus come back (would be cool to see him battle dr manhattan)

This is the worst thing I have ever read on this entire terrible, lovely forum.

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013

graybook posted:

Tra la la, la la la la
Tra la la, la la la la
Tra la la, la la la la
Tra la la, la la la la
Here comes Deadshot, El Diablo, Captain Boomerang
Killer Croc and Harley Quinn to make a crazy gang
'Manda Waller gives them orders, toughest kind of broad
Secret villain task force, they're the Suicide Squad

:allears:

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

head58 posted:

This is the worst thing I have ever read on this entire terrible, lovely forum.
Brother, get yourself acquainted with American Dracula/Mister President/Jim Hoft(?)'s greatest hits, most of them are of this quality.

I really have no idea why any of these Hanna Barbera comics are even being published, unless there's some marketing dude who is convinced getting a round of Twitter/AVClub blurbs about "The Flinstones committing genocide? Snaggletooth banging around with Truman Capote? Magilla Gorilla addressing campus sexual assault? THE HAIR BEAR BUNCH? MORE LIKE THE HEROIN BEAR BUNCH!" is somehow the brilliant promotional boost that will allow Boomerang to turn a profit.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

gently caress DC for replacing my favorite character Morpheus with that IMPOSTER Daniel, by the way!

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
So Sucide Squad/Banana Splits was pretty awesome, the Snagglepuss back up was good too. Might get the Green Latern one too even though I don't get that comic.

Shovelmint
Apr 22, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Batgirl Annual was enjoyable but nothing special, but I was glad it inspired me to catch up on the series, I had fallen behind. Batgirl is just good clean fun. DC's got me having to buy some Supergirl issues for the crossover though. And I gotta buy 2 Flash, probably gonna cost more because of their stupid covers. And they're going up to 3.99 soon? Urgh. I never thought reading comics would require such budgeting logistics. Which titles do I skip, which do I wait for trades, which should I subscribe by mail and guarantee that I get at least 2 weeks late and damaged but at $2 an issue? I probably should create a spreadsheet.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Shovelmint posted:

Batgirl Annual was enjoyable but nothing special, but I was glad it inspired me to catch up on the series, I had fallen behind. Batgirl is just good clean fun. DC's got me having to buy some Supergirl issues for the crossover though. And I gotta buy 2 Flash, probably gonna cost more because of their stupid covers. And they're going up to 3.99 soon? Urgh. I never thought reading comics would require such budgeting logistics. Which titles do I skip, which do I wait for trades, which should I subscribe by mail and guarantee that I get at least 2 weeks late and damaged but at $2 an issue? I probably should create a spreadsheet.
The monthly goes up to 3.99 because they're including free digital codes now for those issues ala Marvel. If you don't care about physical copies though, the digital version are remaining at 2.99. Bi-Monthly is still 2.99 though I don't recall if those will get codes.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
On the subject of Daniel...now that Wonder Woman and Steve Trevor are gonna boink again after thirty-ish years of non-boinks, I'd really like to see Lyta Trevor reintroduced/reinvented in some capacity.

She got such a bum deal when all was said and done, I'd like to see her get another chance at things. A Rebirth, if you will. poo poo, put her in the Supersons book. :anime:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Do you think Steve Trevor fucks as good as Superman? Wonder Woman would be like "Ok, I'm ready" and Steve would be like "I started a minute ago" but she can't even feel it cause she's used to a man of steel, not a man of flesh.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

parallelodad posted:

Do you think Steve Trevor fucks as good as Superman? Wonder Woman would be like "Ok, I'm ready" and Steve would be like "I started a minute ago" but she can't even feel it cause she's used to a man of steel, not a man of flesh.
Superman's sex power doesn't come from his genital claspers Little Man of Steel, although I am sure his indefatigability gives him some advantages. No, his real power would be his Super-senses allowing him to sense and modulate his actions to synch up with exactly what a chick is into. Batman can do something similar if he has prep time.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Endless Mike posted:

gently caress DC for replacing my favorite character Morpheus with that IMPOSTER Daniel, by the way!

I'm actually very cool with Morpheus never appearing again.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Batman trained for years to be the best at everything

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Like no one ever was

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Wow. Ok. Rewind. Undo. Reboot. Retcon. Forget I said anything.

So like the Titans Annual came out and Donna's origin still makes no sense whatsoever. Now the Finch murdergolem origin is back...except that can't be true because the whole point of this Titans book is that all these characters knew each other since they were teenagers.

Lol at this point every writer is just making up anything they want with her and saying "gently caress it." Except in this case, Abnett is the one who retconned her out of the Finch retcon in the first place so he's really retconning his own retcon.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

BrianWilly posted:

Donna's origin still makes no sense whatsoever.

I'm so glad Rebirth has brought DC back to their roots.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Man I hit up Comixology today excited to read some more Superman and forgot this was a Fifth Wednesday. Not a single DC book I read today. Dammit.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

X-O posted:

Man I hit up Comixology today excited to read some more Superman and forgot this was a Fifth Wednesday. Not a single DC book I read today. Dammit.

Doesn't Batman come out today? Sadly I still am a slave to physical copies and can only go to the LCBS tomorrow but I think Batman comes out today and that should be worth a read.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Madkal posted:

Doesn't Batman come out today? Sadly I still am a slave to physical copies and can only go to the LCBS tomorrow but I think Batman comes out today and that should be worth a read.

I dropped it but no. None of the regular books come out today. It's all annuals and those dumb crossover books.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

X-O posted:

I dropped it but no. None of the regular books come out today. It's all annuals and those dumb crossover books.

JLA came out today.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

pubic works project posted:

JLA came out today.

I can't bring myself to care about anything involving Lobo.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

X-O posted:

...mods?!

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

X-O posted:

those dumb crossover books.

Rude!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

X-O posted:

You're not a Lobro at all, X-O. Certainly not a Mainmanowar.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Everyone has those characters and concepts they just can't get into. In DC for me it's Legion, Lobo, and Green Lantern. I just can't ever get into stories primarily featuring those characters. Green Lantern is like Doctor Strange in that I'm fine with him in a team book but the solo stuff just does nothing for me. Legion and Lobo are pretty much nonstarters for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I'm with you. The Legion is something I have never been able to get into. I wouldn't read a solo Lobo book but I have been liking JLA just fine.

You should be reading Batman though.