Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
I'm up to 3 zidanes, but since I don't macro TM farm not sure that really means much. Even if having those dual wields would be nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Khisanth Magus posted:

I'm up to 3 zidanes, but since I don't macro TM farm not sure that really means much. Even if having those dual wields would be nice.

Any reason you're not macroing? You seem to be pretty invested in the game and macroing is amazing.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I finally got Dual Wield finished, one at least. I don't need more for a while. ExDeath's magic is now in the high 700's.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Nuebot posted:

I finally got Dual Wield finished, one at least. I don't need more for a while. ExDeath's magic is now in the high 700's.

I just finished Genji Glove and got mine to 805! Would be 817 with a Monster Breastplate.

But..

I pulled Dark Fina last week, and based on the gear I could give her, she'd get to 876.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
Sent my Ifrit team into the event with an Ifrit Orlandeau

Sent my event team into Ifrit with an Odin Orlandeau

I'm great at this game.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

PaybackJack posted:

I just finished Genji Glove and got mine to 805! Would be 817 with a Monster Breastplate.

But..

I pulled Dark Fina last week, and based on the gear I could give her, she'd get to 876.

I don't have any robe mages better than exdeath and my vanilles aren't done TM farming yet. They're both around 70% still :negative:. I do have 3 Letters and Arms I need to TM farm though.

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

I've been getting king mog stuff from this event assuming the first strike materia isn't worth it. Is that a correct assumption? 5% dodge followed by 20% counter attack rate seems pretty low to take a slot from most alternatives. Unless it is 20% counterattack regardless of dodging.

Rocketpriest
Nov 28, 2006
Alias: Non-Demoninational Minister Capable of Sub-Atmospheric Flight

:flashfap: 839 attack with only lovely Thancred TMR's (at this point I'm thinking of tmr grinding my two Cinques for their 20% attack TMRS)

edit: just ran an ifrit to test out her damage; attack scaling in this game is broke as gently caress: Going from 600 attack to 839 made her true shot damage go from 170k to 390k. What's the next breakpoint for :siren: massive damage? :siren: 1000? I wonder if I can hit that with a bracer, two 20% TMR's, a black cowl and the lawrence clothes...

Rocketpriest fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Mar 29, 2017

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

So when do we get Cloud?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
^^^ Maybe October/November. It depends on if Gumi wants to delay him like they did to Orlandu. Dropping him between holidays might work.

Rocketpriest posted:

:flashfap: 839 attack with only lovely Thancred TMR's (at this point I'm thinking of tmr grinding my two Cinques for their 20% attack TMRS)

edit: just ran an ifrit to test out her damage; attack scaling in this game is broke as gently caress: Going from 600 attack to 839 made her true shot damage go from 170k to 390k. What's the next breakpoint for :siren: massive damage? :siren: 1000? I wonder if I can hit that with a bracer, two 20% TMR's, a black cowl and the lawrence clothes...

If you have Lawrence his TMR is potentially a BiS armor for Olive.

Sparky rules. As soon as I pulled Olive I fed her 10 moogles. Zero regrets (though she's benched for both Ifrit ELT and FFT farming).

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Rocketpriest posted:

No doublehand? Didn't pull a Bartz? Doublehand provides 100+ ATK.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Why doesn't anyone have Odin on their Orlandeu anymore? Because oh man it sucks to run into a chocobo party on ELT and have no AOE damage.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*

Nuebot posted:

Why doesn't anyone have Odin on their Orlandeu anymore? Because oh man it sucks to run into a chocobo party on ELT and have no AOE damage.

Probably Demon Killer on Diabalos. Also I didn't take Bladeblitz on my Odin :(

Trilin
Dec 15, 2009

Ah! There he is!

Nuebot posted:

Well, Ifrit is the much tougher event so having him on Ifrit makes the most sense, and my understanding is that Bladeblitz can't 1 hit KO the chocobos which leads to them exploding you with Choco Meteor on occasion. Just single target them down.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Hmmm do I cash in the 3000 coins on units with this random compensation, or sell them for gil to prepare for enhancements...

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

So while my on banner luck remains below statistically predicted, I finally drew Yshtola off the Ifrit banner and had enough moogles exactly to TM her. Neat I guess but come on Gumi, let me get event bonus characters.

Is there a compelling reason for multiples of the FFIV gold unit?

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.

WebDO posted:

So while my on banner luck remains below statistically predicted, I finally drew Yshtola off the Ifrit banner and had enough moogles exactly to TM her. Neat I guess but come on Gumi, let me get event bonus characters.

Is there a compelling reason for multiples of the FFIV gold unit?

I think you're missing an X? If you mean minfilia then I'd keep two personally, unless you have a Ramza. It's really only for one turn kill scenarios so unless you really hurting in unit space, just keep one.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Trilin posted:

Well, Ifrit is the much tougher event so having him on Ifrit makes the most sense, and my understanding is that Bladeblitz can't 1 hit KO the chocobos which leads to them exploding you with Choco Meteor on occasion. Just single target them down.

Wait, they don't meteor if you don't hit them?

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

hagie posted:

Hmmm do I cash in the 3000 coins on units with this random compensation, or sell them for gil to prepare for enhancements...

That really depends on how much gil you've got at hand and if you've got enough of the Event units/TMRs/materials.

Enhancements vary quite a bit in price from something like 50k to a million. Assuming Gumi doesn't change the pricing you might just want to look up what you'll want to buy in the future for your units.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
2x Bladeblitz will kill them all, and also 1x Bladeblitz + 1x Cleansing Strike. So if you have your own 'landu just slap Odin on him and you'll be good with whatever the fool you take with you has on.

\/\/ - :(

McSpankWich fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Mar 29, 2017

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

McSpankWich posted:

2x Bladeblitz will kill them all, and also 1x Bladeblitz + 1x Cleansing Strike. So if you have your own 'landu just slap Odin on him and you'll be good with whatever the fool you take with you has on.

I wish I had orlandu.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Nuebot posted:

I wish I had orlandu.

Maybe learn to APK inject? It's the only way I'll probably ever get him.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

It's fine. Now it's all about the Star Player of the Zanarkand Apes!

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Infected posted:

It's fine. Now it's all about the Star Player of the Zanarkand Apes!

If I'm going to roll on anyone from FFX, it'll be Jecht. He's the best!

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Maybe learn to APK inject? It's the only way I'll probably ever get him.

Came to post that, because everybody on the friendlists of everyone who didn't get him have his rear end :argh:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Another trick you can do with cleansing strike is to hot swap the target in the middle of it. If you time your finger press, you can target three different enemies in one go.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Got my first Rainbow in... I have no idea how long, but it was Dark Cecil #2. Is his TM worth having 2 copies of?

Nuebot posted:

If I'm going to roll on anyone from FFX, it'll be Jecht. He's the best!

Jecht is the best character in the entire FF series. :human being:

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Kheldarn posted:

Got my first Rainbow in... I have no idea how long, but it was Dark Cecil #2. Is his TM worth having 2 copies of?

Yes especially since garland gets his awakening soon which includes a dark resistance debuff.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer
I was hoping if I saved my last remaining pulls for just after by daughter was born, maybe I'd get lucky. No 5* bases, but I was blessed with my 12th Penelo and 20th Krile. Today I got my second Miyuki, should I grind out 2 katanas or use them to expedite one? I have one blade mastery already done and 7 Chizuru sitting around waiting their turn.

Edit: I want one per blade mastery right? And I probably don't need more than say three or four masteries (assuming I'll always have a healer in the group of some kind)?

Palleon fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Mar 29, 2017

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Palleon posted:

I was hoping if I saved my last remaining pulls for just after by daughter was born, maybe I'd get lucky. No 5* bases, but I was blessed with my 12th Penelo and 20th Krile. Today I got my second Miyuki, should I grind out 2 katanas or use them to expedite one? I have one blade mastery already done and 7 Chizuru sitting around waiting their turn.

Edit: I want one per blade mastery right? And I probably don't need more than say three or four masteries (assuming I'll always have a healer in the group of some kind)?

When trying to decide how many sakuras to grind, don't forget the Gilgamesh trial awards the Genji Blade katana which is better than Sakurafubuki. It can be a challenge to earn if you don't have a good whaleish team though...

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer

Cartoon Man posted:

When trying to decide how many sakuras to grind, don't forget the Gilgamesh trial awards the Genji Blade katana which is better than Sakurafubuki. It can be a challenge to earn if you don't have a good whaleish team though...

I can't even beat Gilgamesh now :(

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Palleon posted:

I can't even beat Gilgamesh now :(

Good things come to those who wait, sir. Come friday, I (and possibly also Dana) will have up either Lightning or Noctis who can solo gilgamesh as long as you can get them past the third milestone, something even my f2p friends with no 5 star bases have managed, with a bit of trying. They've even done the extra goals, though not all in the same run.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.

Cartoon Man posted:

Another trick you can do with cleansing strike is to hot swap the target in the middle of it. If you time your finger press, you can target three different enemies in one go.

He will also automatically change targets once his initial one dies, so for the purposes of the Chocobos, he should move from one to the next as her ruthlessly murders them. This is also handy in arena.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

According to that linked spreadsheet, after I finish this current NinjaD auto-run of ELT Ifrit, I only need to do it 4 more times to get Y'shtola. That's just 8 more hours, not counting the time spent refreshing the Friends List to get NinjaD to show up again.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
Equip a bunch of Lullabys on your carry units and put all the chocobos to sleep so you can pick them off one-by-one.

I pulled Mustadio #8 today. I want to get off Mustadio's Wild Ride. :negative:

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

dangerous.hotdog posted:

Equip a bunch of Lullabys on your carry units and put all the chocobos to sleep so you can pick them off one-by-one.

I pulled Mustadio #8 today. I want to get off Mustadio's Wild Ride. :negative:

I'm bringing Noctis along with 4 carry units(and a friend Cid) so I just Fire Flask them. Occationally one will come out of it without a debilitating ailment, but on average it seems that one usually die to petrify, another will get paralyzed, and the last is either asleep, silenced, or confused.

Now if only the chocobos would actually show up again for me. Didn't get a single Chocobo group yesterday, and not yet today either.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Kheldarn posted:

According to that linked spreadsheet, after I finish this current NinjaD auto-run of ELT Ifrit, I only need to do it 4 more times to get Y'shtola. That's just 8 more hours, not counting the time spent refreshing the Friends List to get NinjaD to show up again.

I did, btw, fix mine to the right setup, so you might be able to cut that time down.

NinjaDebugger posted:

Good things come to those who wait, sir. Come friday, I (and possibly also Dana) will have up either Lightning or Noctis who can solo gilgamesh as long as you can get them past the third milestone, something even my f2p friends with no 5 star bases have managed, with a bit of trying. They've even done the extra goals, though not all in the same run.

Yeah, I don't see any reason NOT to have dodge Lightning up, at least I stand out a little from the million Orlandus. I can gear for Gilg if needed.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Cartoon Man posted:

It can be a challenge to earn if you don't have a good whaleish team though...

As soon as someone has a safety bit they can make a 100% evade KO immune unit that can solo the fight )as long as they wield a holy weapon).

A newbie could potentially get the genji blade (and other rewards) as soon as they have the stamina to enter the trial (and a ko immune evasion tank friend). :eng101:

e: People please feed some MP pots to your Orlandus because your thunder death god should not be sitting at only 170-180mp. :(

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Mar 29, 2017

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Who had the "gently caress you Ifrit ELT" Lightning again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

NinjaDebuger and Dana had the setups for it, I don't know if they're rolling them right now though.

• Locked thread