Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

I'm still really surprised that the Nets weren't able to find any help at the deadline. Nurkic went for a 2nd round pick. Noel went for 2 2nd round picks. Phoenix, Sacramento, and LA were trying to get rid of vets at the deadline.

I'm not sure why you're omitting the player part of the deals, because that was also a big factor in why they were traded.

The Suns, Kings, and Lakers all wanted 1st rounders. Something which the Nets don't have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Eltoasto posted:

Stuckey waived by the Pacers :toot: He's real bad now and now he can't pick up his 7mil player option next year.

Uh...is that how that works?

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

The Nets will want to stay at the bottom of the win curve for a few years

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Yeah if you're the nets trading literally any draft pick for a veteran rental is a pretty dumb idea. Even trading for Noel, who is a restricted free agent is pretty dumb. They did the smart thing by not trading for anything at the deadline.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
What good is tanking next season if you don't own your first round pick?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Bashez posted:

https://streamable.com/az3k3

I missed the Timberwhirls game yesterday. I heard there was some controversy.

Pacers fans are super salty because Jeff Teague fouled Ricky Rubio shooting a 3 (why even get close enough?) when down 2 with 3.4 seconds left. Rubio made all three to give the Wolves a 1 point win (because the Pacers coach can't draw up a good inbound play and Montae Ellis had to take an awful shot at the buzzer that missed but he might not have even gotten it off in time in the first place).

I wasn't actually watching but this is what I got from looking around on the internet.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Jeff Teague is trash

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

What good is tanking next season if you don't own your first round pick?

That's not the point. Does getting Lou williams make any sense for them? Sure they could flip him next trade deadline but do they have anything that the lakers would want? Boston's 2017 2nd rounder? Indiana's 2017 second rounder? They don't own their own first rounders or 2nd rounders for the next two years.

Trading for Noel would have kind of made sense, because you can trade him once he gets really good and you actually have your own draft picks but even that is a pretty small bananas move. And even then, they don't own any of their own 2nd rounders to trade so they had literally nothing of value to offer.

They have one actual asset; washington's first rounder and they acquired that at the deadline, the quite literally, had no other deals to make other than trading Brook Lopez who looks to have no market whatsoever.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Getting the players he mentioned, Noel or Nurkic, would have been good for the Nets. Young guys with up-side who would be under team control if they match, since their Tyler Johnsons and Allen Crabbe offers got matched by their current teams preventing them from adding youngish guys that way. Why are they hanging onto Brook Lopez by the way? No one will take him?

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Paul Zuvella posted:

That's not the point. Does getting Lou williams make any sense for them? Sure they could flip him next trade deadline but do they have anything that the lakers would want? Boston's 2017 2nd rounder? Indiana's 2017 second rounder? They don't own their own first rounders or 2nd rounders for the next two years.

Trading for Noel would have kind of made sense, because you can trade him once he gets really good and you actually have your own draft picks but even that is a pretty small bananas move. And even then, they don't own any of their own 2nd rounders to trade so they had literally nothing of value to offer.

They have one actual asset; washington's first rounder and they acquired that at the deadline, the quite literally, had no other deals to make other than trading Brook Lopez who looks to have no market whatsoever.

Lou Williams doesn't make a ton of sense since they already have Lin. But Denver might've been interested in Lopez. And I think Philly had the ability to outbid Dallas to get Noel. But even last season they should've been making moves. For example Portland got Moe Harkless for a 55-60 2nd round pick and Napier for cash considerations.

Brooklyn is tanking and it's just weird to see when they don't have this years pick or next years.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

EvanTH posted:

I think I posted about this a while ago because it's absolutely hilarious to me that they had a positive point diff. while losing games, completely flying in the face of traditional Madden/Magic Johnson assumed tautologies.

Turns out you don't necessarily win games by scoring more points than the competition lol great work Hornets

shut up

;~;

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

I just read the article someone posted in here a day or two ago about Lacob stuffing Warriors players into a sexual stimulation chamber and shipping them by freight, and what the gently caress, man. That has to be a parody.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

It's very real. #Lightayearsahead

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Shear Modulus posted:

I just read the article someone posted in here a day or two ago about Lacob stuffing Warriors players into a sexual stimulation chamber and shipping them by freight, and what the gently caress, man. That has to be a parody.

you cracked the code

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Swift really wanted to eat those babies, too

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Paul Zuvella posted:

Uh...is that how that works?

Apparently that's how it works for his contract, Lowe talked about it a week ago that waiving him before the end of the season would prevent him from picking it up.

IcePhoenix posted:

Pacers fans are super salty because Jeff Teague fouled Ricky Rubio shooting a 3 (why even get close enough?) when down 2 with 3.4 seconds left. Rubio made all three to give the Wolves a 1 point win (because the Pacers coach can't draw up a good inbound play and Montae Ellis had to take an awful shot at the buzzer that missed but he might not have even gotten it off in time in the first place).

I wasn't actually watching but this is what I got from looking around on the internet.

Well there were two calls in the final minute that gave the TWolves free throws, the first was debateable, but the 2nd was Rubio just running into his own man and flailing up a shot. Getting an apology from the NBA about a game losing play has gotten a bit tiresome for Pacer fans, especially with a really tough schedule upcoming and the potential of dropping out of the playoffs.

There are gif's of it here. Personally I am fine with not making the playoffs since the draft pick is one of the few chances we have left to convince PG to stay, and watching PG try to drag the team to a playoff series win like last year is just frustrating.

E: BUT FORGET ALL THAT, gently caress YES!

https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/847121253148364801

Eltoasto fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Mar 29, 2017

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Technically the first is the better call. Though it looks like Teague was reaching on the second

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Thad should know better than to leave his feet and if the Timberwolves plan to win is to have Ricky shoot then lmbo let him shoot

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Would Lance even be playoff eligible?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
YEA YEA YEA RODNEY STUCKEY IS GONE AND WE MGHT BE BRINGING BACK LANCE

Paul Zuvella posted:

Would Lance even be playoff eligible?

I DON'T GIVE A FUUUUUUUCCCCKKKKK!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOO

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Lance

Make

Em

Dance

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Eltoasto posted:

Well there were two calls in the final minute that gave the TWolves free throws, the first was debateable, but the 2nd was Rubio just running into his own man and flailing up a shot. Getting an apology from the NBA about a game losing play has gotten a bit tiresome for Pacer fans, especially with a really tough schedule upcoming and the potential of dropping out of the playoffs.

There are gif's of it here. Personally I am fine with not making the playoffs since the draft pick is one of the few chances we have left to convince PG to stay, and watching PG try to drag the team to a playoff series win like last year is just frustrating.

You can pretty clearly see Teague stick his arm in there and Rubio just exaggerates the reach like he's been doing his entire career to get calls, which brings me back to WHY WOULD YOU EVEN BOTHER GETTING YOURSELF IN THAT POSITION TO RICKY RUBIO

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Why was Monta Ellis in crunchtime

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Give Ricky like 10 feet and dare him, audibly, to shoot.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Tae posted:

Monta Ellis have it all, that's why.

A better question is why did this happen?
https://twitter.com/dallasmavs/status/847116927398961152

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Tae posted:

The play started with Paul George catching the inbounds pass about 40 feet from the hoop.

With 3.4 seconds to go.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Tae posted:

There are only 2 guys on the entire roster that can reliably shoot from 3. Turner may get there but he's not quite there yet, so if PG and Miles are covered, you have nobody to shoot that shot. Honestly PG should have just fired it up while double teamed, had better odds.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
There's not really a point in the Nets doing anything, they are totally hosed.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
LANCE IS BACK BABY!!! 3 year $12 million deal!

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Of course Rubio is going to try to take advantage of a situation like that and try to get a call. Trying to fight through that screen was a dumb move. It was a bad call, but a normal bad call that happens when 16 things are going on at once.

I suspect the plan was to let Ricky find someone for a open 2 rather than him take a 3 off the dribble, so I understand trying to stay in his passing lanes. But fighting through that screen isn't doing you any favors.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

pubic works project posted:

LANCE IS BACK BABY!!! 3 year $12 million deal!

Okay, it's a cheap enough deal that it doesn't really matter too much but why sign a guy coming off a major injury

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Lance owns

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Tae posted:

Okay, it's a cheap enough deal that it doesn't really matter too much but why sign a guy coming off a major injury

Pacers fans loving love the guy and when PG gets traded during the draft, Lance will provide some sort of joy.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Tae posted:

Pacers have bionic limbs they want to try out. Lance is the perfect test subject.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Tae posted:

BECAUSE HE CAN MAKE 'EM DANCE!!!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Lockback posted:

Of course Rubio is going to try to take advantage of a situation like that and try to get a call. Trying to fight through that screen was a dumb move. It was a bad call, but a normal bad call that happens when 16 things are going on at once.

I suspect the plan was to let Ricky find someone for a open 2 rather than him take a 3 off the dribble, so I understand trying to stay in his passing lanes. But fighting through that screen isn't doing you any favors.

Maybe Teague was trying to go next level because he figured Rubio was due to miss a couple free throws since he was 10-10 at that point from the line

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Dragic draws fouls from the 3 pt line once or twice per game. What other players have that particular skill?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Strawberry Panda posted:

Dragic draws fouls from the 3 pt line once or twice per game. What other players have that particular skill?

Probably Jamal Crawford. Maybe Lou Williams.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Oh Pacers, why do I bother to check your record and going ons. You couldn't get Lance for less? I hope year 3 is 11 million.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

Strawberry Panda posted:

I'll bet Harden has more than the rest of the league combined.

• Locked thread