Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Just gently caress the bags?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Pruney posted:

I'm pissed since I have 2 bags of weight gainer protein and cant loving use them now

Recently got diagnosed with Celiac Disease and they might have gluten in them

Might just gently caress it and destroy the bags within a week

Destroy your colon instead.

Pruney
Jul 9, 2012

Sexual attraction in this context is not a part of my programming

Batterypowered7 posted:

Destroy your colon instead.

I don't have any side effects from it so I'll just go on a shake binge

Need that weight because i'm a hungry skeleton

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
How does one have celiac's with no side effects? Isn't it all about the terrible body-destorying things certain foods do to your gut?

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

How does one have celiac's with no side effects? Isn't it all about the terrible body-destorying things certain foods do to your gut?

I think he meant no side effects from the protein powder, maybe?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
so I bought some Vega Hydrator on Amazon and its really good poo poo for during/post workout. I will be buying the caffeinated stuff soon. Its pretty drat good.

Pruney
Jul 9, 2012

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

I have no noticeable effects that are on the list of celiac (other than the stuff that goes on in my gut)

Which sucks because I can't tell if food has gluten in or not

Though I will lose 10-15 years of my life if I continue to eat gluten :~(

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Huh. That's a lovely problem to have, even moreso because there's no obvious signs that you'd see.

Pruney
Jul 9, 2012

Yeah so these protein packs I have have barley in them which doesn't contain gluten

but barley is usually stored with wheat and poo poo so it's cross-contaminated and it may or may not contain gluten

???

So confusing. Luckily the site I use has a gluten free section which I will use next time. Need to get hench

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Speaking of food

You swole buffs drink any probiotics? Have tried a few but not sure I see any effect, my poops are alright

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

Pruney posted:

I have no noticeable effects that are on the list of celiac (other than the stuff that goes on in my gut)

Which sucks because I can't tell if food has gluten in or not

Though I will lose 10-15 years of my life if I continue to eat gluten :~(

Celiac also makes you a hungry skeleton, you can finally be swole if you turn to our lord and savior salami only.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

This salami is causing water retention.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I've (temporarily) switched from salami to 99% fat free Costco ham for my cold cut consumption. As an experiment. Its dang tasty.

Still though, salami on the mind...

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Costco cross post

naem
May 29, 2011

Is non-heart-exploding-salami a thing because I'm trying to switch up my diet while still exercising

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

FogHelmut posted:

Costco cross post

i buy all my cold cuts from Costco. Columbus salami in the refrigerated section.

Also the flash frozen Normandy blend broccoli/cauliflower/carrot 5lm bags. :yum:

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Speaking of food

You swole buffs drink any probiotics? Have tried a few but not sure I see any effect, my poops are alright

Unless you're taking a shitload of antibiotics, probiotics are pointless. A healthy gut regulates itself.

Eat the god-damned salami.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Pruney posted:

I'm pissed since I have 2 bags of weight gainer protein and cant loving use them now

Recently got diagnosed with Celiac Disease and they might have gluten in them

Might just gently caress it and destroy the bags within a week

I have a friend who has celiac disease. This is what I gather: On the one hand it's cool that a bunch of hypochondriacs are pretending to have "gluten intolerance" so that there are more commercial choices for genuine celiac sufferers, but on the other it kind of sucks that you always get lumped in with all the drama queens whenever you ask for gluten free food at restaurants.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

I've hit PRs on everything this week. Standing shoulder, seated military, deadlift, bench, incline, decline, and squat. This is after a week long fast food and beer bender.

I guess I just needed to eat something

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

I drank beer between sets tonight to give me that confidence boost to handle the real big weights.

Maybe that's what Ronnie was missing to get those extra two reps?

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Thesaurus posted:

I drank beer between sets tonight to give me that confidence boost to handle the real big weights.

The idea of mixing booze with lifting very heavy weights makes me feel physically ill.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Thesaurus posted:

Are you alcoholics drinking and then working out in your own gym? I imagine it's illegal to take a beer to a public gym

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Are you alcoholics drinking and then working out in your own gym? I imagine it's illegal to take a beer to a public gym

man crushed to death in his home gym after a night out drinking

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

This is how I want to go, but 40kg? Weak sauce

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Guess that night at the bar...was too much to handle :smug:

YEEEEEEEEEAH

Pruney
Jul 9, 2012

Cnut the Great posted:

I have a friend who has celiac disease. This is what I gather: On the one hand it's cool that a bunch of hypochondriacs are pretending to have "gluten intolerance" so that there are more commercial choices for genuine celiac sufferers, but on the other it kind of sucks that you always get lumped in with all the drama queens whenever you ask for gluten free food at restaurants.

I feel like the first one at the moment

Went to place for food last night and they had a gluten free menu, basically got steak, egg and peas since the chips had gluten. They put chips on my plate and I didn't really want to ask for them to take it back, my dad did for me in the end.

poo poo's hard, but in 6 months times I should hopefully see improvements. I weigh 60kg at the moment and pretty sure that's down to my Celiac since I eat like a horse. I'm the definition of a hungry skeleton

Khorne
May 1, 2002
How the gently caress?

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky
What will happen to me if i just do weights and no cardio. Right now i do both until im sweaty and tired and thats my entire plan.

But cardio is super boring unless its part of a sport

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

SBJ posted:

What will happen to me if i just do weights and no cardio. Right now i do both until im sweaty and tired and thats my entire plan.

But cardio is super boring unless its part of a sport

I haven't done meaningful cardio since leaving uni 12 years ago, and last checkup my heart was strong and cool and my friend.

I'm sick and/or injured all the time but that's unrelated afaik.

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
lol cardio

in other news I broke some bones in my foot today. 4 weeks of curl city #biami

BoonyPC
Feb 19, 2007

I thought you were supposed to load up the bar with a tonne of weight then call the ambulance.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
My favorite part is how his friend just easily lifted the weight off.
You just gotta hope his hand slipped during his drunken warm up.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Better dead and swole than... 40 kiLOLs :laffo:

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

I regret not doing any more cardio in the past now that I've started playing team sports more often.

FreddyJackieTurner
May 15, 2008

Muscle ups are really hard but I feel like I need to do one to be considered "athletic." Any tips for bigger guys?

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
Two things from that story

1. An old man easily lifted the weight off this guy's neck

2. The old man, after noticing the man was clearly dead, gave CPR.

Was mouth to mouth involved or just chest compressions? How much can he bench? This guy is the GBS ideal, lifting weights and making out with dudes.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

FreddyJackieTurner posted:

Muscle ups are really hard but I feel like I need to do one to be considered "athletic." Any tips for bigger guys?

Don't pull yourself up. Pull the bar down to you. No one will be more athletic than the man who can crush a power cage like a beer can.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Booties posted:

Two things from that story

1. An old man easily lifted the weight off this guy's neck

2. The old man, after noticing the man was clearly dead, gave CPR.

Was mouth to mouth involved or just chest compressions? How much can he bench? This guy is the GBS ideal, lifting weights and making out with dudes.
It's 40 kilos. The series of events must have been: passed out due to being piss drunk, bar suffocates him while he's passed out. Alternate theories include, he threw the bar into the air while laying on the bench and it landed on his neck.

Someone who can't bench 40kg could get out from under 40kg and not die. I'm not sure how a guy who has been lifting for months dies to it.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Mar 29, 2017

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Lifting Bros are real loving stupid

Source: me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
I wouldn't want even 2 lbs to fall on my neck, but LOL at being found dead under the weight equivalent to a 12 year old girl. Please just tell my family it was a drug overdose.