Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Subjunctive posted:

"current". Read for content, man!

80's is still current in the grand scheme of things. :colbert:

:doh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Solice Kirsk posted:

80's is still current in the grand scheme of things. :colbert:

No matter how many times I show my landlord my Geology degree, this doesn't help with my late rent payments.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

hyperhazard posted:

The Middle East actually has the fattest population outside of small Pacific islands. Having lived there, I can 100% vouch for that.
How is Andorra a tiny island of fat in the middle of otherwise fairly healthy Europe?

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Settle down, Beavis

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Proposal at the finish line of the silly walk competition?

Un chien andalou
Oct 22, 2008

The pipe is leaking

Mosh Pit Wedding Proposal would make a pretty decent screemo band name tbh

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
That's a very Ed Sheerany Ed Sheeran moment.

Is he the greatest troll, a complete doofus, or both?

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

The Saddest Rhino posted:

that takes a lot of willpower and i am proud of you

oldpainless posted:

More like the proudest rhino

What just happened? Am I in the Twilight Zone?

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum

Somfin posted:

30 ish pounds so far. Got another 30 to lose before I'm done, and I've started lifting so it's being replaced by muscle. If I don't make my goal weight by December 31 because I'm too stronk, I'm gonna call it a win.

Apparently it's having a significant impact on my appearance already, and I sure feel better about basically everything all the time.

Keep it up, you're doing great. Honestly, I could use better diet habits too, even if I'm not fat yet. Gonna not snack anymore today or tomorrow.

Twat McTwatterson
May 31, 2011

Somfin posted:

Also gym folks are really friendly and a lot of them like teaching newbies and if I'd known that lifting was just JRPG grinding at a younger age I'd probably be a professional powerlifter now.

You should tell that to Two Worlds.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

AlbieQuirky posted:

That's a very Ed Sheerany Ed Sheeran moment.

Is he the greatest troll, a complete doofus, or both?

Yes.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Twat McTwatterson posted:

You should tell that to Two Worlds.

Imagine what two worlds life is like at this point. how old is he?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

They call it the Ed Sheeran because when he approached a woman

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Jerry Cotton posted:

They call it the Ed Sheeran because when he approached a woman

Nice

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

A lovely Reporter posted:

Keep it up, you're doing great. Honestly, I could use better diet habits too, even if I'm not fat yet. Gonna not snack anymore today or tomorrow.

Snacking's a weaning thing. Snack smaller and less efficiently until you just sorta let it go. Cut it off cold turkey and your brain will turn it into a reward mechanism that it will abuse like hell.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
You don't have to worry about snacking between meals if you just continuously eat all day long even on the toilet.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Somfin posted:

Snacking's a weaning thing. Snack smaller and less efficiently until you just sorta let it go. Cut it off cold turkey and your brain will turn it into a reward mechanism that it will abuse like hell.

My trick for quitting constant snacking was gum. If I ever felt like snacking on something, especially late at night, I'd just start chewing on gum instead.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Somfin posted:

30 ish pounds so far. Got another 30 to lose before I'm done, and I've started lifting so it's being replaced by muscle. If I don't make my goal weight by December 31 because I'm too stronk, I'm gonna call it a win.

Apparently it's having a significant impact on my appearance already, and I sure feel better about basically everything all the time.

Congrats, goon! Good stuff! :toot:

green chicken feet
Nov 5, 2015

spray-paint the vegetables
dog food stalls
with the beefcake pantyhose
Grimey Drawer

Nuebot posted:

My trick for quitting constant snacking was gum. If I ever felt like snacking on something, especially late at night, I'd just start chewing on gum instead.

For me, drinking more water has really helped. I realized just recently that I've probably been dehydrated my whole life and I was mistaking thirst for hunger. I've improved some digestive issues, too.

Gerblyn
Apr 4, 2007

"TO BATTLE!"
Fun Shoe

Nuebot posted:

I replaced all my snacks with fresh fruit which helped a lot. At one point I was eating like 7 apples a day though, so I had to cut down on that too.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Something about this doll feels unsettling and reminds me of Nic Cage.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Judging by that photo in the corner, Emma Watson just doesn't wear the bare forehead look well.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

The Basslet is apparently a wearable subwoofer you wear on your wrist, which silently amplifies sound through vibrations.

Picture the kind of mouth-breather who'd wear one of those.

Deaf people?

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Somfin posted:

Heh, the secret to my weight loss so far has actually been to increase snacks! I used to have absolutely massive meals because I was hungry! Now I have a granola or fruit bar about an hour before eating, and my meals became a lot smaller.

I'm still a massive fat-rear end, but less-so, and now need to focus more on exercise. Congrats on your success, 30 pounds isn't a small thing :v:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

CeramicPig
Oct 9, 2012

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Heh, the secret to my weight loss so far has actually been to increase snacks! I used to have absolutely massive meals because I was hungry! Now I have a granola or fruit bar about an hour before eating, and my meals became a lot smaller.

I'm still a massive fat-rear end, but less-so, and now need to focus more on exercise. Congrats on your success, 30 pounds isn't a small thing :v:

I've been grumpy about my weight lately and now I'm using my under the desk bike at work to get some cardio while I'm chained to a desk all day. I'll go for a short 5 min walk later too.
Goons motivating goons

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
Somfin, do you have any advice on eating less? That's the hardest part of this for me.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Leavemywife posted:

Somfin, do you have any advice on eating less? That's the hardest part of this for me.

I've lost ten pounds in the last three months by using a calorie calculator. At first it wasnt so much to stick to strictly as it was to see how many calories I was actually taking in and attempt portion control. After a bit I started avoiding high calorie foods that I knew didnt really satisfy me and my concept of what makes a portion for various foods is getting much better.

I also run 3 times a week for 30 minutes besides a daily set of 40 pushups/situps. Not exactly hitting the gym up.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

i lost 50 pounds between myfitnesspal and a fitbit. i didnt change what i ate but i did limit it. it took 3 years

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

LingcodKilla posted:

I've lost ten pounds in the last three months by using a calorie calculator. At first it wasnt so much to stick to strictly as it was to see how many calories I was actually taking in and attempt portion control. After a bit I started avoiding high calorie foods that I knew didnt really satisfy me and my concept of what makes a portion for various foods is getting much better.

I also run 3 times a week for 30 minutes besides a daily set of 40 pushups/situps. Not exactly hitting the gym up.

My problem with exercise is I've got a hip with a bunch of screws and two plates, as well as an ankle with some screws and a plate. The ligaments in my leg don't work right; the muscle is fine, but the ligaments don't stretch the way they're supposed to, which limits the things I can do pretty heavily.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
It almost sounds dumb to say, but plain-rear end water fixes a lot of problems.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Heath posted:

It almost sounds dumb to say, but plain-rear end water fixes a lot of problems.

All the fat people I know share a common "uhg.. I just don't like water" trait. They drink children's sugar drinks all day despite being adults.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Baronjutter posted:

All the fat people I know share a common "uhg.. I just don't like water" trait. They drink children's sugar drinks all day despite being adults.

I drink diet pop, thank you very much.

...I'm not helping my case, am I?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Protip: Lose 80 pounds by having your thyroid go hyperactive! :downs:

(:negative:)

Gerblyn
Apr 4, 2007

"TO BATTLE!"
Fun Shoe

LingcodKilla posted:

Pretty much this. You don't necessarly need to eat less, you need to eat smarter. Once you start to calculate where the calories you eat come from, you can start replacing the high calorie stuff with lower calorie alternatives. Like, we used to eat Alfredo sauce on pasta once per week, 1 portion was 100ml heavy cream (240kcal), 25g parmesan (100kcal) and 20g butter (140kcal), which is like 500kcal on top of the 450kcal in the pasta itself. A marinara sauce on the other hand is just tomatoes and things, and contains less than 100kcal per portion.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Leavemywife posted:

I drink diet pop, thank you very much.

...I'm not helping my case, am I?

Diet pop is the grossest compromise in the world. I'm in pretty awful shape but I have found it really easy and really rewarding to overcome that and develop a taste for plain rear end water. It's so good once you get into it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

purple death ray posted:

Diet pop is the grossest compromise in the world. I'm in pretty awful shape but I have found it really easy and really rewarding to overcome that and develop a taste for plain rear end water. It's so good once you get into it.

I love that soda water with essence of whatever.

God I love the coconut.

• Locked thread