Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eminent Domain
Sep 23, 2007

Got a Switch. The website died mid order so I had to call in and it took 30 minutes but I got it waiting for pickup. The sales rep was surprised the order even went through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Lucky duck...I'll never get a Nintendo at this rate :sigh:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Real talk I'm sorry if you think my picture is a spoiler. Pre-release in interviews they were saying "Yeah there's a green tunic in the game, it's just hidden away somewhere" so I didn't think it was that big of a deal because really, I can't imagine being surprised that there's one in the game.

Unless you're talking about the hat in which case my bad, still.

you don't have anything to apologize for

oh hey guys, there are gorons in this game i hope that didn't spoil zelda for anyone

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I haven't even looked at my Vita or my 3DS since getting the switch. I'm starting to get the feeling I will never touch those two devices ever again.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Everything is green, you gotta dye it yourself though.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

eonwe posted:

you don't have anything to apologize for

oh hey guys, there are gorons in this game i hope that didn't spoil zelda for anyone

Hey thanks for ruining the game gently caress wad next you're going to tell me ganon is the boss and there's a water temple

Jimbozig
Sep 30, 2003

I like sharing and ice cream and animals.

Empress Brosephine posted:

Hey thanks for ruining the game gently caress wad next you're going to tell me ganon is the boss and there's a water temple

There's no Water Temple and Ganon kills Dumbledore.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Their portrayal of Ganon as a hippy was a weird choice. The voice actor nailed the line reads though: "What if, like, this is just some cycle of violence, and we were like meant to work together? We each have these gold triangles, maybe instead of that meaning we're enemies, we should be friends? Like, there's a hole in the middle in all these symbols. Like, a missing triforce? Maybe that missing piece is friendship. And if you think about it, does fighting ever solve anything? I just keep thinking, like, maybe I'M just as dangerous to Hyrule as the Shiekah. Do you vape?"

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Of course link vapes

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE

parallelodad posted:

Their portrayal of Ganon as a hippy was a weird choice. The voice actor nailed the line reads though: "What if, like, this is just some cycle of violence, and we were like meant to work together? We each have these gold triangles, maybe instead of that meaning we're enemies, we should be friends? Like, there's a hole in the middle in all these symbols. Like, a missing triforce? Maybe that missing piece is friendship. And if you think about it, does fighting ever solve anything? I just keep thinking, like, maybe I'M just as dangerous to Hyrule as the Shiekah. Do you vape?"

I missed the Vapetastic Ganon fight :(

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Real talk I'm sorry if you think my picture is a spoiler. Pre-release in interviews they were saying "Yeah there's a green tunic in the game, it's just hidden away somewhere" so I didn't think it was that big of a deal because really, I can't imagine being surprised that there's one in the game.

Unless you're talking about the hat in which case my bad, still.

No worries I was talking about the people who were like "this thing you get from this specific dungeon is cool because blahblah"

I dunno why people (again, not you) get so drat upset when asked to not talk about spoilers or to tag them.

Tender Bender fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Mar 29, 2017

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense
To get a Nintendo Switch I just ordered one on Amazon and waited a week until they came into stock and they sent one to me, are they not taking orders?

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Stan Taylor posted:

Laughing with my wife (who is a model by the way) at people being mad at rain and breakable weapons in Zelda as they don't recognize the brilliance of interlocking systems overlapping to force the player into tense, dynamic encounters and situations beyond their control, requiring quick thinking and adaptability to overcome, thereby increasing the fun factor from 4.5 to 5 out of 5. Just lol.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I can't believe NES Classics are still hard to find.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Tender Bender posted:

No worries I was talking about the people who were like "this thing you get from this specific dungeon is cool because blahblah"

I dunno why people (again, not you) get so drat upset when asked to not talk about spoilers or to tag them.

why dont you let a mod handle it or report it, and if its not against the rules then i guess sorry for your loss

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kirios posted:

I haven't even looked at my Vita or my 3DS since getting the switch. I'm starting to get the feeling I will never touch those two devices ever again.

Same, though I might pick up my 3DS again to play Sun/Moon because it looks like Stars isn't a thing after all (we'll see what happens at E3).

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

eonwe posted:

why dont you let a mod handle it or report it, and if its not against the rules then i guess sorry for your loss

Because it's a really mild request and would make the thread better for some people without the need to argue about rules or be dicks to each other.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

lelandjs posted:

Same, though I might pick up my 3DS again to play Sun/Moon because it looks like Stars isn't a thing after all (we'll see what happens at E3).

That's the only reason I haven't sold my 3ds yet. As soon as I get around to beating that, everyone gets banked and the 3ds gets sold.

Today I went to buy a screen protector and all the stores in my area are sold out. Looks like Amazon it is.

Jimbozig
Sep 30, 2003

I like sharing and ice cream and animals.

Tender Bender posted:

Because it's a really mild request and would make the thread better for some people without the need to argue about rules or be dicks to each other.

Screw you! I demand the right to be able to talk without spoiler tags about the scene where Beedle uses an energetic rhino beetle to pop Tingle's balloon, sending him plummeting to his death.

Lobstertainment
Jun 10, 2004

I really don't understand why people need to be so argumentative in this thread. Just be friendly and enjoy playing games. We'd all be friends irl.

Lobstertainment
Jun 10, 2004

Though now I've posted that I have the urge to give myself a wedgie. Hmm.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Lobstertainment posted:

I really don't understand why people need to be so argumentative in this thread. Just be friendly and enjoy playing games. We'd all be friends irl.

fuk u!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Kirios posted:

I kind of hope this isn't the case, there are a few 3DS games I want to play that I never got around to and I will definitely play LBW again. And again.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
really tho yall if you need a zelda break, buy shovel knight

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

eonwe posted:

Isn't the go to recommendation of the thread Neo Turf Masters?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Spacebump posted:

If not, it should be.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I hope they make a top down adventure Shovel Knight that's a tribute to the greats like Neutopia and Goof Troop.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I never want to play another golf game in my life, because golf is fundamentally boring

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

No, the recommendation is The Binding of Shovel Pass Masters

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

eonwe posted:

I'm loving the Specter Knight campaign so far. Some really cool jumps with the slash mechanic.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Wii Sports U golf is the best golf and probably the only game to use the sensor bar in the gamepad in a new and novel way

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Phantasium posted:

No, the recommendation is The Binding of Shovel Pass Masters

No its Binding of Shovel Pass Masters Zeroez.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

C-SPAN Caller posted:

No its Binding of Shovel Pass Masters Zeroez.

: Milking edition.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Spacebump posted:

not mine at least!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Nephzinho posted:

I'm loving the Specter Knight campaign so far. Some really cool jumps with the slash mechanic.

its so great!

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Just wanted to say that Snake Pass is p good if a little weird to control. It's a great chill out game with a real good snek. :3:

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Here is the agreed upon and decided go to list of not Zelda recommendations. Please etch this into stones (and the first post) goons:

* Shovel Knight Treasure Trove
* Blastermaster Zero
* Snipperclips
* Neo Turf Masters
* Fast Racing RMX
* Human Resource Machine
* Snake Pass

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
You forgot Voez on that list. :colbert:

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Kirios posted:

Here is the agreed upon and decided go to list of not Zelda recommendations. Please etch this into stones (and the first post) goons:

* Shovel Knight Treasure Trove
* Blastermaster Zero
* Snipperclips
* Neo Turf Masters
* Fast Racing RMX
* Human Resource Machine
* Snake Pass

No Binding of Isaac?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

My list is 100% up to date and accurate.

• Locked thread