Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

drat, I had no idea it was coming the finished out slowly trotting along on the no boost giant horse!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

KILTON WHAT THE gently caress

I made a bunch of items for a homebrew RPG and one of the items was an inflatable hammer that did no damage but a crit would send the target flying.
It was the Joker's Juggernaut and it ruled.

OBVIOUSLY the good people at Nintendo hacked my computer and stole this one idea from an amateur, unpublished book.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Is it weird that I think Breath of the Wild Link looks kinda wrong in green? None of the amiibo green outfits look quite right on him, nor does the Hero of the Wild set.

I really like the blue Champion's Tunic look. It just fits a lot better in this game somehow.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
What if I ride the Lord of the Mountain to Hyrule Castle and he's the only mount I've ever touched

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Harrow posted:

Is it weird that I think Breath of the Wild Link looks kinda wrong in green? None of the amiibo green outfits look quite right on him, nor does the Hero of the Wild set.

I really like the blue Champion's Tunic look. It just fits a lot better in this game somehow.

He looks perfectly fine in green, so the more likely issue is that the outfits in question are slightly off when expecting your mental image of Link Wears Green.

Green Hylian tunic is great. Green ninja outfit is great. Green Gerudo stuff is great. Green climbing clothes are great. Then you unlock the Wild set after doing a million shrines and... it's green, but not so hot.

I did leave plenty stuff as their defaults though. Rito outfit looks fine as it is :3: and sometimes you just like how part of an outfit looks already, like my preffering the default ninja mask to go with the rest dyed. Soldier's set is already cool, etc.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Harrow posted:

It's the short pants that make it look really comical, to me. Although it is more in line with his representation in LoZ for the NES.

As an aside, there's a reason Link doesn't have a hat in this game: The Devs thought it looked stupid: http://www.polygon.com/2017/3/10/14869766/zelda-breath-of-the-wild-link-hat.

I thought it looked fine.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Kashuno posted:

What if I ride the Lord of the Mountain to Hyrule Castle and he's the only mount I've ever touched

Now we need 2 speedrunners.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Don't worry there's no shortage

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Harrow posted:

I put my Link in Green for my primary outfits. I had a Green Hylian Tunic with black cloak and pants. Same combo with the climbing gear. For a while I was running with black dyed soldier armor and a green cloak.

The Champion's tunic does look fine as the light blue though. I didn't mind it. But I gotta say I was disappointed I couldn't make it green.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Section Z posted:

He looks perfectly fine in green, so the more likely issue is that the outfits in question are slightly off when expecting your mental image of Link Wears Green.

Green Hylian tunic is great. Green ninja outfit is great. Green Gerudo stuff is great. Green climbing clothes are great. Then you unlock the Wild set after doing a million shrines and... it's green, but not so hot.

Yeah I think I mean that his classic outfits don't look right on him. Dying the other sets green works fine. But even the one they designed for this game just doesn't really seem right for this particular Link. I don't actually have an issue with its design, I just got so used to seeing him in blue or in ninja outfits or a silly climbing bandana that a green tunic and floppy hat just isn't really BotW Link.

Drewjitsu posted:

It's the short pants that make it look really comical, to me. Although it is more in line with his representation in LoZ for the NES.

As an aside, there's a reason Link doesn't have a hat in this game: The Devs thought it looked stupid: http://www.polygon.com/2017/3/10/14869766/zelda-breath-of-the-wild-link-hat.

I thought it looked fine.

When I read that article I just thought, well, it looked fine in Skyward Sword :shrug:

I figured that they reason he didn't have his classic outfit from the start in this was either to signal how different this game is from the other 3D Zeldas (or at least that's why he doesn't have it on the cover) or just because, with the emphasis on using different outfits for different purposes, so that players don't just go through the game wearing the classic green outfit all the time by default. (But that's what I did with the Champion's Tunic, so, hey.)

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
the real question is what happens if you never ride a horse in the game at all and you take a bear to hyrule castle

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

violent sex idiot posted:

the real question is what happens if you never ride a horse in the game at all and you take a bear to hyrule castle

game just gives you a random generic horse

Eleeleth
Jun 21, 2009

Damn, that is one suave eel.

violent sex idiot posted:

Honestly, I'm just upset I can't mount a guardian.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Can good old Stalhorse survive indoors at Hyrule castle when the sun comes up?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Ice Fist posted:

I put my Link in Green for my primary outfits. I had a Green Hylian Tunic with black cloak and pants. Same combo with the climbing gear. For a while I was running with black dyed soldier armor and a green cloak.

The Champion's tunic does look fine as the light blue though. I didn't mind it. But I gotta say I was disappointed I couldn't make it green.

I actually never dyed anything green in my playthrough. I figured if the game was going to make this Link's iconic outfit not green, I wouldn't force the issue, and I'd save the color green for whenever I got the Hero of the Wild set. In the end I just really like the Champion's Tunic as a new look and I wouldn't really mind if they left the green tunic and hat behind and just gave Link an entirely new outfit every game now.

I doubt they will, but I'd be okay with that.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Augus posted:

game just gives you a random generic horse

The worst answer.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Harrow posted:

I figured that they reason he didn't have his classic outfit from the start in this was either to signal how different this game is from the other 3D Zeldas

I'm in this boat. I figured that they wanted to signal a new beginning. This game is so different than past Zeldas that they along with a bunch of other staples of the series they wanted to depart from the HERE, HAVE THESE CLOTHES WORTH BY THE LONG DEAD HERO.

And they eventually did do that I guess but it's basically once you finish the game.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Harrow posted:

When I read that article I just thought, well, it looked fine in Skyward Sword :shrug:

I figured that they reason he didn't have his classic outfit from the start in this was either to signal how different this game is from the other 3D Zeldas (or at least that's why he doesn't have it on the cover) or just because, with the emphasis on using different outfits for different purposes, so that players don't just go through the game wearing the classic green outfit all the time by default. (But that's what I did with the Champion's Tunic, so, hey.)

I agree on the skyward sword (and twilight princess, too) Link's looking fine with their hats.

It felt really weird, in a game where you are going to end up wearing a lot of hats, that your iconic hat isn't available until the end of the game. Maybe the devs also thought that if your hat was available right off the start, you'd constantly wear it all the time?

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I'm probably the only one who thinks it might be nice if they give him a green scarf to go with his blue outfit as the new champions "Head" item, ala the blue scarf to go with his green outfit in Hyrule Warriors.

Link having a bunch of different outfits instead of "It's the same one, but red/blue" is cool. BotW link having his own default outfit is also perfectly fine. But I can understand people wishing a good "Classic" link outfit wasn't basically Amibo territory or Dark Link etc.

EDIT: A practical reason for no iconic pants or headwear is because then you'd just be constantly removing them for environmental reasons. So they only bothered with the tunic, because you can wear that and still be fireproof/heat proof/cold proof with respective head and leg items.

Honestly even though it was the best defense, I hardly wore the champions tunic. "Okay time to put on my snow boots, warm doublet, and gerudo jewlery because I just broke my last fire sword."

Section Z fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Mar 29, 2017

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Rupee grinding is so goddamn annoying in this game, but only because I'm impatient and this game is absolutely gigantic and has a shitload of armor to buy. Gonna go for a ride on my horse and farm some lizards and crabs and stuff and enjoy the scenery.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

GobiasIndustries posted:

Rupee grinding is so goddamn annoying in this game, but only because I'm impatient and this game is absolutely gigantic and has a shitload of armor to buy. Gonna go for a ride on my horse and farm some lizards and crabs and stuff and enjoy the scenery.

Explore some mountains and get insane numbers of gems.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Section Z posted:

I'm probably the only one who thinks it might be nice if they give him a green scarf to go with his blue outfit as the new champions "Head" item, ala the blue scarf to go with his green outfit in Hyrule Warriors.

A scarf could look cool, especially if it provided cold resistance.

GobiasIndustries posted:

Why sell monster parts? Mine ore, kill Stone Taluses, and mark the locations of those things on your map. You'll make money a lot faster selling ores/gems than anything else.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I know a lot of people were screaming about this at some point but don't stress selling your diamonds just sell them they don't mean much

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

GobiasIndustries posted:

Honestly, just play the game and don't worry about rupees. Soon you'll have more than you can spend.

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer

RCarr posted:

Honestly, just play the game and don't worry about rupees. Soon you'll have more than you can spend.

Patently untrue.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Harrow posted:

Why sell monster parts? Mine ore, kill Stone Taluses, and mark the locations of those things on your map. You'll make money a lot faster selling ores/gems than anything else.

The most efficient way to grind rupees is the snowball bowling game. I'm just taking a chill break and riding around on a horse killin' stuff right now :cool:

RCarr posted:

This is very untrue I have to say

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I didn't see a single rupee for like the first ten hours of the game but when I've needed them I've always had tons of poo poo to sell. I have no idea how people are wanting for cash.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Harrow posted:

I'd totally pay for a sweet scarf DLC that counted towards one bar of Heat/Cold/Fireproof.

Kashuno posted:

I know a lot of people were screaming about this at some point but don't stress selling your diamonds just sell them they don't mean much

I regret not selling my early diamonds sooner, even though I love that diamond head item. Definitely sell your first ones for a leg up, then worry about keeping spares/trading in luminous stones once you can get your hands on the items that even uses them in the first place.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Kashuno posted:

Also this. I don't sell them but that's just because I break an alarming number of Revali bows and keep remaking them, but the fact that I can keep doing that and never run out should probably tell you how easy it is to get diamonds.

grilldos posted:

Patently untrue.

It's potentially true if you always stop to mine ore that you see and sell all of it. Even then, well, you can spend a pretty giant number of rupees so "more than you can spend" is definitely overshooting it.

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer
He didn't mention selling anything. If that's the case, sure.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I think I spend too much time out on the planes and not enough time near the mountains mining ore.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

GobiasIndustries posted:

This is very untrue I have to say

How? I'm not even up to 80 shrines done yet and I have over 15,000 rupees with nothing left to spend them on.

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer

RCarr posted:

How? I'm not even up to 80 shrines done yet and I have over 15,000 rupees with nothing left to spend them on.

Did you buy all the armor and pay for all the fairy access?

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

RCarr posted:

I have no clue :( Listen I'm a new homeowner in the game, I have (100 rupee per) expenses OK!?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

GobiasIndustries posted:

I think I spend too much time out on the planes and not enough time near the mountains mining ore.

Yeah, I was scraping by for money until I started exploring mountain regions, then I sold a bunch of ore and was like "holy poo poo, I have 10,000 rupees." I unlocked the last Great Fairy pretty easily and it didn't take long to get enough rupees to buy the Ancient Armor right after that. Oh, and the house and all its upgrades.

grilldos posted:

I haven't bought all of the armor, but I got the Ancient Armor, all the Great Fairies, the house, and all its upgrades, and I'm sitting on like 12,000 rupees on my current save. I'm sure there are more things I could go buy but just hitting up the few Stone Taluses I have marked is enough to make a couple thousand rupees in a few minutes. Try to find the sandy-colored ones--they drop rare ores like rubies and sapphires much more, and I'm reasonably sure each one drops a guaranteed diamond.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I still think the Hylian set is the best looking I've seen in the game. At least that I have run into. I also love the default color scheme so much I can't bring myself to dye it.

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

Stone Taluses and especially the rare Stone Taluses will make you rich whenever a Blood Moon happens.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

grilldos posted:

Yep. I have every piece of purchasable armor, and opened all 4 fairy fountains. I also buy arrows whenever I see someone selling them.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

veni veni veni posted:

I still think the Hylian set is the best looking I've seen in the game. At least that I have run into. I also love the default color scheme so much I can't bring myself to dye it.

My standard outfit is the Champion's Tunic with default-colored Hylian Trousers and either a default-colored Hylian Hood or Opal Earrings, depending on whether I feel like wearing a hood at any given moment. That's what I wear whenever I'm not trying to do a lot of sneaking (Sheikah Stealth), long climbs (Climbing Gear), or need extreme temperature protection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Something I just noticed while playing around that I haven't seen mentioned in the thread: all Champion Powers cooldown in Hyrule Castle is 1/3rd of what it would normally be. Mipha's Grace, for example, normally reactivates in 24 minutes, but in Hyrule Castle, it reactivates in only 8.

Master Sword cooldown is unaffected, however, and remains 10 minutes no matter what.