Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

bump_fn posted:

oh my god these loving fucks added latex support to pages but not to mother loving keynote aagahfbjkdfgnsm,./

lmao apple is so overstretched on development for some god damned reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
now if they had pages include a non garbage bibliography manager that would be swell too

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

:ussr:

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

work is issuing me a macs books pro so I can run osx/win10/rehl. with the whole touchbar thing having the soft esc key, am I better off running guest VMs inside OSX or a dual/triple boot scheme?

its 2017 and sound cards and printers still dont work on linux so ill let you figure out what kind of experience youre going to get with the touch bar

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

Parallels it is

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

work is issuing me a macs books pro so I can run osx/win10/rehl. with the whole touchbar thing having the soft esc key, am I better off running guest VMs inside OSX or a dual/triple boot scheme?

vmware

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Doc Block posted:

If they don't show up in the photo app on the phone then they won't show up in Photos.app on the computer.

they're on the app on the phone just won't show up on the app on the mac

infernal machines posted:

there's a bunch of questionably free apps like "phonebrowse" that will let you directly read and extract things from the filesystem, but if you need to do that someone done hosed up somewhere

yeah who knows?

Cocoa Crispies posted:

could be worse, she could have not deleted the bitmoji app

see my bitmoji thread for a concise reasoning on its superiority

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

now if they had pages include a non garbage bibliography manager that would be swell too

let's not get ahead of our selves here

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

okie dokie

Trashman
Sep 11, 2000

You trash eating stink bag!
Fun Shoe

echinopsis posted:

they're on the app on the phone just won't show up on the app on the mac
if she's got it set to automatically manage photos then this just means they are in iCloud but not actually on your phone, so you can sync iCloud with photos on mac to get em. it's kinda annoying this isn't obvious but you'll know cause certain apps on the phone will only show 50 or so photos even though photos.app shows all 8000 or whatever

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
just popping in to say that iOS10 is dogshit garbage so it's finally on par with iTunes so gj I guess

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014
parallels is way better than VMware

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

goddamn they somehow made the music app crash more

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

AWWNAW posted:

goddamn they somehow made the music app crash more

worked for me all day. holding it wrong?

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

several times today the control center or lock screen widget would accurately show what I'm listening to but if I opened the actual app it'd just hang for 15s then stop playing my jams and crash

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

works perfect for me. you're holding it wrong

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Trashman posted:

if she's got it set to automatically manage photos then this just means they are in iCloud but not actually on your phone, so you can sync iCloud with photos on mac to get em. it's kinda annoying this isn't obvious but you'll know cause certain apps on the phone will only show 50 or so photos even though photos.app shows all 8000 or whatever

hmm idk

her mac was on 10.10 or 9 or something and so she hit update and i havent looked since.. maybe its fixed now idk?

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

just popping in to say that iOS10 is dogshit garbage so it's finally on par with iTunes so gj I guess

idgas about praising apple but its fine for me

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

https://twitter.com/DavidInglesTV/status/847225791523864577

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

I got real poo poo battery life today too. I am no longer enjoying this update. get hosed

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I now defer updating until my mac and iphone start nagging me because I want other people to bear the brunt of Apple's buggy poo poo.

Apple has corporate anorexia and despite having enormous amounts of cash on hand are unwilling to make the development investments that would keep their software out of the diarrhea pit.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

all the updates work fine for me

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

AWWNAW posted:

I got real poo poo battery life today too. I am no longer enjoying this update. get hosed

its reindexing. this is always what happens. stop being an idiot and wait a day.

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
my iphone & macbook continue to work as expected

thanks timb

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

thank you for beginning to kill off hfs+ timb

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

next kill off hfcs

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

got the pink stebe phone

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

4" should be enough to suit anyones needs

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

dont sign my posts

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

Skim Milk posted:

4" should be enough to suit anyones needs

I'm sure your wife/girlfriend says 4" is enough, but...

ufarn
May 30, 2009
does the new fs affect battery lyfe

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Phoenixan posted:

my iphone & macbook continue to work as expected

thanks timb

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

iOS ten point three on the iPhone Steve edition is very good

thank you tim & co

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

fleshweasel posted:

I now defer updating until my mac and iphone start nagging me because I want other people to bear the brunt of Apple's buggy poo poo.

Apple has corporate anorexia and despite having enormous amounts of cash on hand are unwilling to make the development investments that would keep their software out of the diarrhea pit.

but but but the repatriation taxes! won't someone think of the stock price?! etc

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
i have a 7 plus christmas edition its great please make the next """phone""" even bigger

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

ufarn posted:

does the new fs affect battery lyfe

it improves performance a bit - makes the os more efficient at retrieving data from flash, so probably helps the battery life marginally

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

man the a series was a great move by apple
https://twitter.com/codinghorror/status/847572056807948288

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

god the iphone se is so good

pram
Jun 10, 2001

anroid

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009