Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Mega64 posted:

It's been recommended already, but the Rock Paper Scissors thread is so good we actually goldmined it. So if you haven't read it yet, what are you waiting for?

I passed it over until after it was already done and I feel shame for having done so. as penance, I will second this recommendation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
I am glad. Not enough good LPs get archived. If there was one that deserved it, it was that thread. Thanks, mod team!

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
That LP definitely deserved the gold mine. Participating in it was fun, and reading everything afterward was a blast.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
All three threads really deserve to be goldmined. Seeing the observer thread react to my villain turn was fantastic. I actually kind of had a panic attack half way through thinking "oh my god, do people actually hate me? Did they not get the joke?" but the shock kind of wore off after about a day or two. Plus I think I netted the single best probate reason in forums history for it.

I hope this opens the door to more experimental, chaotic community-based LPs. When they work like FPS, they're fantastic experiences for everyone involved.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

nine-gear crow posted:

All three threads really deserve to be goldmined. Seeing the observer thread react to my villain turn was fantastic. I actually kind of had a panic attack half way through thinking "oh my god, do people actually hate me? Did they not get the joke?" but the shock kind of wore off after about a day or two. Plus I think I netted the single best probate reason in forums history for it.

I hope this opens the door to more experimental, chaotic community-based LPs. When they work like FPS, they're fantastic experiences for everyone involved.

You should have been perma-banned.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I put the two team threads in Comedy Purgatory as well.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

nine-gear crow posted:

Just seeing the going ons as a player from the other thread, I honestly wasn't sure at the time. But I decided the call for blood would work out well either way. And then we got the best ending imaginable.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

anilEhilated posted:

Suspicious' classic Tomb Raider LPs (I think he did 1 and 2) were interspersed with bits of history and archeological trivia in the more repetitive bits but I don't think they are on the archive; still, worth doing a bit of digging for.

Tomb Raider, as well as many other old LPs by a bunch of people, have been archived at Baldurk's site:

https://bd.baldurk.org/lp/107

green chicken feet
Nov 5, 2015

spray-paint the vegetables
dog food stalls
with the beefcake pantyhose
Grimey Drawer

Sjonkel posted:

Anyone know of a good The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess LP? There's only one that still works on lparchive, but they guys doing it are talking way too much and trying too much to be funny. Just want someone chill doing a 100% playthrough.

NintendoCapriSun has a full Twilight Princess playthrough. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL75B2CA7DE2C14999 His style could be too talky depending on what you're looking for, so this may or may not fit the bill. But he isn't a real tryhard when it comes to being funny, he's just very stream-of-consciousness with his narrative, and he has real affection for the game.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Some great educational recommendations so far, thank you all. Keep em coming if you can. Endless Ocean guy has a lot of quiet passion for fish. Geop's might actually be the first LP of that kind I ever saw, but I never finished watching it, so it's great to see it again. (Fun fact, I thought being educational was Geop's gimmick until he did Wind Waker. )

Covski
Jun 24, 2007

Bringing the forums together with the greatest thread!

Mega64 posted:

It's been recommended already, but the Rock Paper Scissors thread is so good we actually goldmined it. So if you haven't read it yet, what are you waiting for?

:aaaaa:

I know I've said it like a dozen times before, but I'm really amazed by the reception that silly little thread got :3: I was going to suggest that the team threads be archived too, since that's where most of the interesting things happened, but luckily crow was ahead of me!

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Billzasilver posted:

Some great educational recommendations so far, thank you all. Keep em coming if you can. Endless Ocean guy has a lot of quiet passion for fish. Geop's might actually be the first LP of that kind I ever saw, but I never finished watching it, so it's great to see it again. (Fun fact, I thought being educational was Geop's gimmick until he did Wind Waker. )
Actually there's also one LP I can't believe I forgot - Melth's Age of Mythology, aside from being consistently amazing in the way he's breaking the hardest difficulty over his knee and speedrunnig missions that would normally take an hour, is full of mythological and historical trivia.
I really can't recommend it enough, it's easily my favorite LP currently going on.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
Did anyone ever do a decent Arkham Knight LP? Offsite is fine I suppose

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Deceitful Penguin posted:

Dscruffy has one.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Are there any SA video LPs of Drakengard 3?

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

TDI's Drakengard 3 LP has all the highlights in video form even though it's an SSLP.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

ultrafilter posted:

TDI's Drakengard 3 LP has all the highlights in video form even though it's an SSLP.

Yeah I saw that but I wanted a full video LP so I could just sit back and watch it without having to scroll and stuff.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

I don't think anyone else is insane enough. Also, the game is pretty hosed and it messes with a lot of capture devices.

MisterShine
Feb 21, 2006

I really enjoyed Geop's Assassin's Creed and Zorak's Endless Ocean LPs.

Any other fairly chill LPs that veer off onto related educational/info dumps?

green chicken feet
Nov 5, 2015

spray-paint the vegetables
dog food stalls
with the beefcake pantyhose
Grimey Drawer

Deceitful Penguin posted:

This one from Knight and Day is great. These guys are new, so they don't have a lot of subs yet, but they're hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Uh7QYBYV4U

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

CrashScreen posted:

I don't think anyone else is insane enough. Also, the game is pretty hosed and it messes with a lot of capture devices.

Can confirm, I was going to LP it before Id did and the footage was absolutely unusable in every way. Horrific desync, screen tearing, variable frame rate, the works.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
How in the world is a game capable of doing that? :psyduck:

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Taro Yokooooooooooo ~*

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Never doubt the magic of a pre-Nier Automata Yoko Taro game.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
1. Once upon a time, there was a boy whose only wish was to induce negative feelings in other people. He held no animosity towards them, he simply wished to fill his fellow humans with the most unpleasant thoughts imaginable.

2. Fear, disgust, horror, rage, mind destroying frustration and even simple bewilderment were the gifts that he would give to a world that was in no way prepared for them, and he set himself to his work with an earnestness that few can match.

3. Though his first efforts were lacking, his creative spirit could not be extinguished, and with each failure he only redoubled his efforts. In time the world came to appreciate him for what he was, and learned to derive a strange satisfaction from his efforts.

4. It is said that even to this day, Taro Yoko still labors on his masterpiece, a work so intense that it will cause the whole world to go mad in a torrential cascade of negativity, but for now, we wait.

(Need to figure out a way to work in a patricide-suicide subplot.)

Keeshhound fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Mar 30, 2017

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Dr. Fetus posted:

How in the world is a game capable of doing that? :psyduck:

The ghost of Cavia at work right there.

:eyepop:

This is good posting right there, minus the lack of patricide-suicide.

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]

Artix posted:

Can confirm, I was going to LP it before Id did and the footage was absolutely unusable in every way. Horrific desync, screen tearing, variable frame rate, the works.

It seriously took me like 45 minutes editing just audio every highlight reel video making everything not-quite a shitshow (can't do dick about it running like 20 FPS) and those were like 5-15 minute videos. My capture card died like a week after I finished the LP. That game was a technical trashfire.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

nine-gear crow posted:

Everyone on this forum is loving terrible. The best LPer was clearly valkhorn :colbert:

the best LPer was that kid from Jersey who played Zelda while drinking, really sucked at it bad, and trolled slowbeef. He sounded like Matthew Lillard doing a bit. I forget his name though.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
Lurkdawg. May he forever rest in peace.

Covski
Jun 24, 2007

Bringing the forums together with the greatest thread!
I unironically miss valkhorn's let's plays some times. drat if they didn't put you to sleep right quick when you needed it.

Bloops Crusts
Aug 14, 2016
I recommend shadyparadox's LP of Myst III: Exile. It's a VLP. Laid back, informative, and often humorous. Probably the best LP I've ever seen done, and I'm real bummed he hasn't done more of them. Off-site.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lp-floACEkg

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
oops

Yar The Pirate
Feb 19, 2012
Are there any good Persona series video LP's? I'll probably read a SSLP of the series if there isn't anything to recommend beyond Giant Bomb's playthrough of P4G but I prefer video LPs so I can do other stuff while listening.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Yar The Pirate posted:

Are there any good Persona series video LP's? I'll probably read a SSLP of the series if there isn't anything to recommend beyond Giant Bomb's playthrough of P4G but I prefer video LPs so I can do other stuff while listening.

kuvo and topical streamed it to great results

Paintamac
Oct 22, 2010
Does anyone have recommendations for something to watch that is really relaxing? I've been have a series of really lovely days lately and could just use something nice and simple to unwind with.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I have a question, if I can run Brave New World and record it at 1080p 60fps with some neat PC tricks, would it be ok to do it as a let's play, or would the improved quality basically be admission of :files: and so couldn't be allowed on the forums?

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

We've had plenty of threads that would be impossible to do legally, just don't start going on about how you got this sweet rom from definitelynovirusesorspyware.com or whatever. :justpost:

(This includes some very blatant ones, like romhacks and such.)

vilkacis fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Apr 5, 2017

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
Indeed, the ROMHackeria thread is a thing, and would probably be an appropriate place to post your videos. There's already someone doing a VLP of the FF6 Randomizer there, for example.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I recommend this ongoing series about Baldur's Gate. It's technically not an LP in a traditional sense - more like a podcast of two guys playing through the BG series segment by segment with wildly differing attitudes, and comparing their experiences. It's really intelligent, well spoken, humorous, and works even for people who have no prior knowledge of the games or DnD mechanics (such as myself).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Paintamac posted:

Does anyone have recommendations for something to watch that is really relaxing? I've been have a series of really lovely days lately and could just use something nice and simple to unwind with.

if I recall, Diabetus's Super Mario Galaxy 2 is mostly chilling and face puns.

there's also JordanKai's Kirby's Epic Yarn LP in which he mostly succeeds in a no-kill run for Waddle-Dees

or psymonkey's Kirby's Dream Course LP

e: fixed the Mario Galaxy link. just had an extra quote lying around in the url

morallyobjected fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Apr 6, 2017