Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I'm hoping ms. Jessica Biel will deliver a shpiel with enough zeal to attract the appeal of Neal McBeal, the Navy Seal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Bust Rodd posted:

I'm hoping ms. Jessica Biel will deliver a shpiel with enough zeal to attract the appeal of Neal McBeal, the Navy Seal.

Get real.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Xealot posted:

His life already is a happy ending. He's a rich and well-liked celebrity whose career is in an upswing, and he's emotionally healthy and capable of love, contentment, and open communication with his spouse. The worst thing I can picture happening to him is Diane divorcing him, mostly because she's only functional compared to Bojack.

He's the perfect foil to Bojack, because he's a version of him without crippling depression and wildly self-destructive impulses. He'll be fine.

Bojack and Diane seem to be the same person in a lot of ways. She made the same choice in her conversation with the mouse woman that Bojack made back with the network executive while Horsing Around is still going on. They both made a conscious decision to place career ambitions above the person that matters most to them (either Herb or Mr. Peanutbutter). The consequences haven't played out yet, but Diane has already made her choice. The kind of person that Mr. Peanutbutter is, I think that level of betrayal willhurt him to the core.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

I dont know posted:

Bojack and Diane seem to be the same person in a lot of ways. She made the same choice in her conversation with the mouse woman that Bojack made back with the network executive while Horsing Around is still going on. They both made a conscious decision to place career ambitions above the person that matters most to them (either Herb or Mr. Peanutbutter). The consequences haven't played out yet, but Diane has already made her choice. The kind of person that Mr. Peanutbutter is, I think that level of betrayal willhurt him to the core.

This seems likely especially because they've set up a similar scenario during the Hank Hippopotamus/Hollywoo Stars and Celebrities: What do they know? Do they know things? Let's find out! rift.

Running for governor ain't gonna help either assuming that is actually a thing.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Andenalli posted:

They pretty much set it up for Diane to use her intimate knowledge of him to ruin his political career which would result in HIM divorcing her. But that was the set up. Both seasons finales set up scenarios that looked like sure things but that ended up going nowhere. Honestly, hoping this is the same.

Yeah. It irks me because it would be an interesting storyline, except they telegraphed it so hard it almost seems like there's no point in actually exexuting it.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I feel like because they forshadowed it so hard, it won't actually happen.

But then i didn't think they'd kill Sarah Lynn because that was basically said in her first appearance

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

twistedmentat posted:

I feel like because they forshadowed it so hard, it won't actually happen.

But then i didn't think they'd kill Sarah Lynn because that was basically said in her first appearance

They foreshadowed the heck out of that receipt, but it was all a tease.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

prefect posted:

They foreshadowed the heck out of that receipt, but it was all a tease.

That receipt was really disappointing. I understand eventually wanting to return to the status quo for Todd, but having him spend the first 2 or 3 episodes of next season going bonkers with the money until it ran out would have been fun.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/lemurmcfemur/status/870829711160557568

:stoked:

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

The Funko Pop set is starting to trickle out to stores. The Mr. Peanutbutter is adorable.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I wish well designed figures of shows I like were a thing because I'd love a set from this show, but I guess my only choice is big headed black eyed monstrosities because they're cute or something?

Funko pop is a plague on this earth

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Hedrigall posted:

Funko pop is a plague on this earth

Those and the rise of paying 30 quid for a bunch of poo poo in a box are the biggest wtf's of the internet

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Well that's great, but when are we going to see it!?

The Croc posted:

Those and the rise of paying 30 quid for a bunch of poo poo in a box are the biggest wtf's of the internet
So cool!

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

The Croc posted:

I think they're about a tenner each. But they won't biodegrade for about 1000 years, so long after you die your ugly piece of poo poo Bojack doll will be floating around in that big plastic island in the ocean.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

SEX BURRITO posted:

I think they're about a tenner each. But they won't biodegrade for about 1000 years, so long after you die your ugly piece of poo poo Bojack doll will be floating around in that big plastic island in the ocean.

It won't be a Bojack doll. The plastic does break down into very tiny plastic particles that fish eat and then die.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

Cojawfee posted:

It won't be a Bojack doll. The plastic does break down into very tiny plastic particles that fish eat and then die.

Fitting

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

The Croc posted:

The first is because the fracturing of mainstream television (or entertainment generally, really) from a smaller number of wildly successful broad appeal shows into a huge number of marginally successful with wildly enthusiastic cult audiences meant there was a niche for a modular product that you could do small batches of while retaining most of the advantages of mass production. The second (Lootcrate, I assume) exploits the fact the human brain is broken when it comes to gambling and calculating the cost of subscriptions.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

Cojawfee posted:

Cool. I feel better about it now.

I keep getting ads on my Facebook for t-shirts with Bojack high fiving Rick from Rick and Morty, so I must be in the sort of nerd demographic that buys this poo poo.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

SEX BURRITO posted:

I keep getting ads on my Facebook for t-shirts with Bojack high fiving Rick from Rick and Morty, so I must be in the sort of nerd demographic that buys this poo poo.

You're a nerd who's open about how much he hates everyone and wants to kill himself?

(That design sounds...I don't want to say that it misses the point, but holy poo poo if that doesn't glorify something that I'd rather not have on a loving t-shirt.)

(EDIT: Then again I WOULD have it on an avatar, so maybe I should just shut the gently caress up.)

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

SEX BURRITO posted:

It's cheap to make t-shirts. They pop up with a facebook page, sell a bunch of cheaply made shirts where all the silk screen falls off after two washes. Then they start over when they get shut down.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
Taking two different shows/properties and combining them seems to be the current big trend in fanart designs and it annoys me on how lazy it is. Go to something like Redbubble.com and search for any show and you will probably get a design with Rick and Morty combined with it in the results, for example.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

https://twitter.com/PFTompkins/status/870816388515942401

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

DivisionPost posted:

You're a nerd who's open about how much he hates everyone and wants to kill himself?

So your average goon?

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

CoolCab posted:

The second (Lootcrate, I assume) exploits the fact the human brain is broken when it comes to gambling and calculating the cost of subscriptions.

Lootcrate is a way of throwing money down the toilet on gaudy, worthless tat that grown adults are supposed to look at for a minute and say 'huh, that's cute' before going and spending their time and money on things with any use or worth whatsoever (or even the not exactly difficult goal of occupying your time for longer than it takes you to open a box and examine the contents), because they're grown human beings who are supposed to have the smallest modicum of self control and perspective on their purchasing decisions.

I mean it's not even nice stuff you can hang on your wall or put on a shelf to make the room nicer, it's just the cheapest poo poo that you glance at for a second then throw in a cupboard.

Doctor_Fruitbat fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Jun 5, 2017

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Lootcrate et al are just such a stupid concept I couldn't believe it's a real thing that people pay for when I saw RLM making fun of it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sExTt4j69zI&t=785s / https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bl5UH6EZXIM&t=560s

The above seems pretty spot on in that it's all complete garbage and not something an adult would actually want to collect and display anywhere.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun
You can see the sort of fabulous prizes you get on the LC website: https://www.lootcrate.com/past-crates

Unless you enjoy an extremely wide range of nerdy stuff surely half of this would be completely uninteresting? Like after 3/4 months your shelves would be heaving with dusty crap.

Flaked season 2 is up now. I disliked the previous season as it went soapy, but I like the darker tone of this one. Does it have its own thread or do we just talk about it here?

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

The Croc posted:

But how else can you possibly cook food for yourself unless it's all pre-measured and comes with its own instructions and sent to you as a subscription after your favorite podcaster wanks off about their freeze-dried snack box?

It's kind of a shame that the Sony BMG/etc CD subscription services all ate poo poo and died when kids realized they didn' have to honor a contract unless they signed after turning 18.. I got so many CDs, and it deserves to have been a punchline in popular media of the 90s.. I wonder, was it literally the underage kids taking advantage, or was it the rise of online media piracy? hmmm

coyo7e fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Jun 5, 2017

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich

I'm guessing hallucination/drug trip with the running horses in the desert.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

I've been re-watching a bit, anticipating the new season. Some of the puns don't really hit you until you say them out-loud. Maybe it was talked about back when season 1 came out, but I just realized that Herb Kazzaz's nurse is, like, a Care Bear. Like a Homecare Bear?

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

One of the Nguyen boys saying "We're American as pho!" is amazing and I'm ashamed it took me so long to realise the joke.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Captain Lavender posted:

I've been re-watching a bit, anticipating the new season. Some of the puns don't really hit you until you say them out-loud. Maybe it was talked about back when season 1 came out, but I just realized that Herb Kazzaz's nurse is, like, a Care Bear. Like a Homecare Bear?

:stare:

:cripes:

Nope, didn't notice that one before.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Anticheese posted:

One of the Nguyen boys saying "We're American as pho!" is amazing and I'm ashamed it took me so long to realise the joke.

I thought it was him trying to force a weird New England "fugg" kinda thing without them actually saying "gently caress".

Which was weird because the show was obviously open to the F word. Thanks for clearing that up.

When the hell is this show coming back on.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Rolo posted:

When the hell is this show coming back on.

I hoped a new post meant a date.

Now multiple posts will really get people

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
Well those new post notifications were a significant bummer.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat

i am the bird posted:

Well those new post notifications were a significant bummer.

gently caress, man. What else is there to say until the date is announced?

Actually, here's something. I just re-watched season 3 and I found myself skipping most Todd scenes. I don't find his character/story stands up to repeated viewings.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

to contribute

just watched secretariat's interview in season one and holy poo poo compare it to the ending of the last season

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Canuckistan posted:

gently caress, man. What else is there to say until the date is announced?

Actually, here's something. I just re-watched season 3 and I found myself skipping most Todd scenes. I don't find his character/story stands up to repeated viewings.

Todd is a good sidekick character so when hes paired in a scene with bojack or Mr Peanutbutter it usually works well.

Maybe Season 4 will help him branch out as an intresting character in his own right.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

The Croc posted:

Todd is a good sidekick character so when hes paired in a scene with bojack or Mr Peanutbutter it usually works well.

Maybe Season 4 will help him branch out as an intresting character in his own right.

Maybe, but I doubt it. People said the same thing going into season 2 and 3. Todd there to lighten the show up a bit, but his character doesn't have alot of weight. He is also pretty passive and content to go along with thing as they come. It's hard to get invested in his stories when most of the time he himself isn't particularly invested.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

The Croc posted:

I wish he had kept his windfall for at least a couple episodes since now it seems as if he's headed straight back for Bojack's couch, with or without Bojack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
Once again, BoJack seems to have predicted reality http://www.tampabay.com/news/education/college/usf-improv-instructor-abused-power-to-coerce-students-into-sex/2329607