Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

Y'all laughed when the Rangers catchphrase for 2016 was #NeverEverQuit and then we won all the one run games and never quit.

Well watch out. The 2017 Rangers have #LoneStarGrit

You've been warned

So we can expect a record number of head first slides into 1st base?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Popete posted:

Alright that's pretty funny.

Just smh if you don't do this at home while waiting for the shower to heat up.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

Y'all laughed when the Rangers catchphrase for 2016 was #NeverEverQuit and then we won all the one run games and never quit.

You've been warned

it's actually #LoneStarGrits, their new ballpark food. Three cups of white grits served al dente and mixed with chocolate ice cream, Cholula Hot Sauce, two ounces of fried tilapia and topped with Haribo gummy bear shavings. Served in a souvenir cleat for $37.95

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Just smh if you don't do this at home while waiting for the shower to heat up.

I got a big double sink wide mirror to practice my nude Javy Baez swing in front of.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

CubsWoo posted:

it's actually #LoneStarGrits, their new ballpark food. Three cups of white grits served al dente and mixed with chocolate ice cream, Cholula Hot Sauce, two ounces of fried tilapia and topped with Haribo gummy bear shavings. Served in a souvenir cleat for $37.95

is Guy Fieri their new concessionaire?

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

CubsWoo posted:

I feel like this a joke but that's plausible

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
We do have brisket wrapped in funnel cake batter deep fried and topped with powdered sugar this year.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
So, a German lower league soccer team was literally run by the internet, and it has done brilliantly.

Baseball is so much better suited to this sort of thing and it needs to happen, immediately.

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
The food at Skydome is so boring compared to American ballparks :(

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

bewbies posted:

So, a German lower league soccer team was literally run by the internet, and it has done brilliantly.

Baseball is so much better suited to this sort of thing and it needs to happen, immediately.

https://www.amazon.com/Only-Rule-Has-Work-Experiment/dp/1627795642

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

I read that and I loved it and everyone here should read it but it was still baseball autocracy.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Five years ago on this night, the A's played the Mariners in Japan at like 4:30AM CST and it was hilarious.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Speaking of Piss:

https://twitter.com/mercbrownie/status/847136834534567936

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice

Rand alPaul posted:

Five years ago on this night, the A's played the Mariners in Japan at like 4:30AM CST and it was hilarious.

Every once in awhile I'm reminded of the time way back when that Bartolo threw 30 some-odd lovely innings for Boston and looked as cooked as any 300 lb former Cy Young pitcher I've ever seen.

That was nine motherfucking years ago. God bless that fat, beautiful baseballer :patriot:

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

The Rays are bad and their food stands are even worse. :(

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Does Baltimore still do crab cakes? I remember reading about that way back in '95.

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/03/29/rockies-coors-field-long-term-deal/

The Rockies extended their lease with the state's municipal stadium district for Coors Field until 2047. They are going to get leasing rights to the parking lot on the west side of 20th street to build on.

I'll be SIXTY THREE YEARS OLD at that point :stare:

Atlanta and Texas are already replacing or have already replaced their stadiums that are the same age as Coors.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

That cursed hellhole should be burned to the ground and the earth below it salted and left barren for a dozen generations. Baseball was not meant to be played there and the gods of the game punish both the Rockies (via perennial mediocrity) and visiting teams (via a never ending stream of freak injuries on the field) for their hubris.

(I hear it's a lovely place to see a game though)

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

bewbies posted:

Didn't they do something like that at a minor league game a few years back? Options as to what to do would show up on the scoreboard and the fans would text in their choices.

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
I remember some game where fans in the stands were holding up cards of yes or no in response to things like "bunt?" And "infield in?" What was that from?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Does Baltimore still do crab cakes? I remember reading about that way back in '95.

Pretty sure every restaurant in Baltimore serves crab cakes.

LonesomeCrowdedWest posted:

I remember some game where fans in the stands were holding up cards of yes or no in response to things like "bunt?" And "infield in?" What was that from?

Sounds like a Bill Veeck thing.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Timby posted:

Sounds like a Bill Veeck thing.

'twas. It was because his team at the time (I don't remember which because I don't remember the year and I'm lazy) was so bad that pretty much the whole town was writing into the newspaper about how bad they were, so Veeck took 'em to task and essentially said "You think you can do better?" Part of the reason it worked is because they had attendance in the low hundreds because they were doing so badly at the time.

Pretty sure they ended up losing, but it didn't actually make the game appreciably longer.

patonthebach
Aug 22, 2016

by R. Guyovich

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

You've been warned

Not gonna lie Lone Star is a pretty great state nickname

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

rickiep00h posted:

'twas. It was because his team at the time (I don't remember which because I don't remember the year and I'm lazy) was so bad that pretty much the whole town was writing into the newspaper about how bad they were, so Veeck took 'em to task and essentially said "You think you can do better?" Part of the reason it worked is because they had attendance in the low hundreds because they were doing so badly at the time.

Pretty sure they ended up losing, but it didn't actually make the game appreciably longer.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Rand alPaul posted:

I woke up at 2am to watch that. That was a fun time.

edit: speaking of Japan, Ichiro asked on if he will ever retire: "I think I’ll just die’'

seiferguy fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Mar 30, 2017

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
ahaha holy gently caress savage burn on the Reds in this season preview

http://www.sbnation.com/a/mlb-2017-season-preview

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

The Walrus posted:

ahaha holy gently caress savage burn on the Reds in this season preview

http://www.sbnation.com/a/mlb-2017-season-preview

Brutal.

Also whoever wrote this is not very smart because Felix hernandez and his 89 MPH fastball (and 86 MPH Change up) are deffo not winning the cy young.

He also thinks Clint Frazier is going to be Rookie of the Year? He's like only going to be a september callup who wrote this crap lmao.

Paul Zuvella fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Mar 30, 2017

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
YOU GUYS!!!

YOU GUYS!!!

IT'S ALMOST OPENING DAY YOU GUYS!!!

:circlefap: :circlefap: :circlefap:

I don't care if you disagree, but Opening Day is even better than Christmas morning.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Paul Zuvella posted:

Brutal.

Also whoever wrote this is not very smart because Felix hernandez and his 89 MPH fastball (and 86 MPH Change up) are deffo not winning the cy young.

To be fair, Kyle Hendricks and his 89 MPH fastball almost won the Cy Young last year.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Your Taint posted:

To be fair, Kyle Hendricks and his 89 MPH fastball almost won the Cy Young last year.

one of these things is not like the other...

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Soon his changeup will be faster than his fastball

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Felix has noticeably dropped off over the last 2 seasons, at this point it's much more likely he's done than he's going to win the CY.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Look, I know the Marlins pitching is not going to be good, but we should still be ahead of Philly.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Paul Zuvella posted:

He also thinks Clint Frazier is going to be Rookie of the Year? He's like only going to be a september callup who wrote this crap lmao.

I have a very hard time thinking Glasnow is going to win the NL RotY too, he was average at best in his cup of coffee last year. My money (homer pick alert) is on Robert Gsellman.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Julio Cruz posted:

I have a very hard time thinking Glasnow is going to win the NL RotY too, he was average at best in his cup of coffee last year. My money (homer pick alert) is on Robert Gsellman.

I could go either way on this one. He has the stuff to absolutely be RotY but his command is so spotty. If he can control his pitches better, he'd absolutely be near the top of the list.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

How about that Reds rotation though. Opening Day starter Scott Feldman. Two prospects with zero MLB innings pitched. 40-year-old Bronson Arroyo coming back from TJS.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

sportsgenius86 posted:

I could go either way on this one. He has the stuff to absolutely be RotY but his command is so spotty. If he can control his pitches better, he'd absolutely be near the top of the list.

He's had a problem with walking batters throughout his minor league career, so it's presumably something he's been working on for years without success, and I'm sceptical that he can suddenly find the key in one offseason, especially as he'll now be facing batters with major-league plate discipline.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I know it's spring training so it doesn't matter but the Reds as a team have looked terrible. They're in full on tank mode this season. Someone (Cubs please???) please save Joey Votto.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Hmm yes the Cubs definitely do have a space for a first baseman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

The Pussy Boss posted:

How about that Reds rotation though. Opening Day starter Scott Feldman. Two prospects with zero MLB innings pitched. 40-year-old Bronson Arroyo coming back from TJS.

Don't laugh too much, the Giants will end up getting one of them when Matt Cain literally gets set on fire.

• Locked thread