Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Poll: Who Should Be Leader of HM Most Loyal Opposition?
This poll is closed.
Jeremy Corbyn 95 18.63%
Dennis Skinner 53 10.39%
Angus Robertson 20 3.92%
Tim Farron 9 1.76%
Paul Ukips 7 1.37%
Robot Lenin 105 20.59%
Tony Blair 28 5.49%
Pissflaps 193 37.84%
Total: 510 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
jabby
Oct 27, 2010

Skinty McEdger posted:

So at what point do they look in the mirror and go "Wait a second, we're the bad guys."

When we have skulls on our uniforms and not before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

jabby posted:

As an argument against that, how about the fact that all of his squadmates talked about doing the same thing and to this day don't believe he did anything wrong? Are they all suffering from mental health conditions?

As an aside, I'm surprised Marines B and C got off on the conspiracy to murder charge. They were fully complicit, and "just following orders" famously is not a valid defence to war crimes; they had an obligation to disobey any unlawful order from Blackman.

Prince John
Jun 20, 2006

Oh, poppycock! Female bandits?

TinTower posted:

As an aside, I'm surprised Marines B and C got off on the conspiracy to murder charge. They were fully complicit, and "just following orders" famously is not a valid defence to war crimes; they had an obligation to disobey any unlawful order from Blackman.

Yeah, agreed, it would be interesting to see the trial comments from them too. There's no getting away from the fact that they all seemed to be active participants, and the events outlined in your previous post are just loving nasty. :(

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

I can't speak for Marine C's actions, but Marine B was the cameraman who was not happy at all at having to give medical care to the insurgent.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Very tempted to rock up to my psychiatry colleagues tomorrow and ask about adjustment disorder

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH

jabby posted:

But what if they're just the skulls of our enemies?

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

PLEASE ASK ABOUT MY 80,000 WORD WALLACE AND GROMIT SLASH FICTION. PLEASE.

Behind every human face is a grinning skull. Maybe... maybe we're all already monsters on the inside.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

My skull is sneering

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

Maybe we shouldn't wage pointless military action and we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

Namtab posted:

Very tempted to rock up to my psychiatry colleagues tomorrow and ask about adjustment disorder

Go for it. I don't have any I can ask at the moment, but from my previous placement I definitely got the vibe of 'this might be a real thing, or it might be just a fancy way to say that people make bad decisions and get emotional under stress'.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

TomViolence posted:

Behind every human face is a grinning skull. Maybe... maybe we're all already monsters on the inside.

Pretty sure most of us are monsters on the outside too

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

The truth may be in the middle

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

jabby posted:

Go for it. I don't have any I can ask at the moment, but from my previous placement I definitely got the vibe of 'this might be a real thing, or it might be just a fancy way to say that people make bad decisions and get emotional under stress'.

I almost always make bad decisions. I might have this.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I.e the guts and also the fact that adjustment disorder may be a real thing that isn't entirely understood

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

jabby posted:

So I hate to break it to you

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/17th/21st_Lancers

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

I honestly thought it would take longer than 12 hours after the negotiation period began to make open threats towards Europe but I guess I gave them more credit than they deserve.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

The death or glory boyz

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
You know, I'm starting to think that this planet is just some kind of quarantined reality show. The advanced aliens are just cloaking, recording us and broadcasting everything live all over the Virgo Supercluster. In the beginning, they were replacing our politicians with shapeshifters, but it turns out the shapeshifters were causing less chaos than actual humans, so now they just let us break everything on our own.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I just realised that I only have a few days left to come up with a good name for the next thread in which details will roll out about our independence from Europe, human rights and thoughts

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Pochoclo posted:

You know, I'm starting to think that this planet is just some kind of quarantined reality show. The advanced aliens are just cloaking, recording us and broadcasting everything live all over the Virgo Supercluster. In the beginning, they were replacing our politicians with shapeshifters, but it turns out the shapeshifters were causing less chaos than actual humans, so now they just let us break everything on our own.

I'm going to talk to my psychiatry colleagues about this post

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

Namtab posted:

I just realised that I only have a few days left to come up with a good name for the next thread in which details will roll out about our independence from Europe, human rights and thoughts

UKMT April 2017 - gently caress

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I hope that when our economy is garbage because I talked the country down too much they at least give me independence day as a bank holiday

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Namtab posted:

I hope that when our economy is garbage because I talked the country down too much they at least give me independence day as a bank holiday

They won't because there won't be any banks! :haw:

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

It'll be like every day is queen princess Diana's birthday and wedding

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

UKMT April 2017 - It's Brexit, all the way down.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

Namtab posted:

eur-all-pee-in union

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Guys please I said that I needed to come up with the name but thanks for the suggestions

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

Namtab posted:

Holidays? What are you, some Brussels Bureaucrat? You're going to work 6 days a week, 14 hours a day, and you're going to like it, because stiff upper lip.

Comrade Cheggorsky
Aug 20, 2011

has anyone said brexshit yet?

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
As long as the OP features Sky's doomsday clock in realtime, that's the main thing.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-39431070

That's the full text of the brexshit letter if anyone cares.

Prince John
Jun 20, 2006

Oh, poppycock! Female bandits?

Edit ^^^ I thought it was a reasonable letter on the whole, apart from the security cooperation threat, but at least they're finally explicitly saying that the UK isn't expecting something for nothing, doesn't expect access to the single market etc.

I was slightly worried that Davies and Boris would be sat down at the grown-ups negotiating table asking for all the bullshit they promised in the campaign. At least they're not going to be laughed out of the room on day 1.

Comrade Cheggorsky posted:

has anyone said brexshit yet?

This gets my vote.

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

Namtab posted:

Guys please I said that I needed to come up with the name but thanks for the suggestions

Undermining the will of the people are you? :smuggo:

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Lord of the Llamas posted:

Undermining the will of the people are you? :smuggo:

It's an outright communist tyranny I tell you.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I'm literally the people's champion though

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

Namtab posted:

Arron Banks???????????????????????

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Namtab posted:

Just wait until Sunday when you turn heel and become the Corporate Champion. :colbert:

(Also I swear to god if Roman beats the Undertaker I will flip my poo poo)

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

TinTower posted:

Just wait until Sunday when you turn heel and become the Corporate Champion. :colbert:

Smh if you honestly think my lad the big dog Roman reigns isn't going to beat undertaker.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

TinTower posted:

I got some bad news for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

Namtab posted:

UKMT April: The real fight starts now

• Locked thread