Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
Was trout not kept because I want in that league especially if it is a money league

edit - I read that post more carefully and lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

bewbies posted:

Was trout not kept because I want in that league especially if it is a money league

edit - I read that post more carefully and lol

Trout was indeed not kept. I was just looking through the available players and did a :stare: when I saw him on the list.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
Is there a dollar figure attached to him that would be astronomical like $75 or something? Is it a reverse scoring league? Did Mike Trout gently caress his wife?

We need answers.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Timby posted:

Trout was indeed not kept. I was just looking through the available players and did a :stare: when I saw him on the list.

Congrats on winning your league.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

One last try - any interest in a new redraft league, ESPN, standard settings, $20, drafting Saturday?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Timby posted:

Draft in a couple hours, I only just now realized I have the first overall pick. 5x5 H2H keeper league; I have Blackmon, Abreu, Dozier, deGrom, Arrieta and Bumgarner already.

Is there a consensus first pick? Is it always Trout? (The owner who had him didn't keep him because ... I have no loving clue why.)

It's always Trout.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

So I timed out and autopicked Verlander. I wasn't targeting him at all, but I don't hate the pick based on who else was available. Do ya'll trust JV this year? Is he an ace workhorse like he used to be?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

The Pussy Boss posted:

So I timed out and autopicked Verlander. I wasn't targeting him at all, but I don't hate the pick based on who else was available. Do ya'll trust JV this year? Is he an ace workhorse like he used to be?

He started off real bad last season, but overall still ended up with one of his best lines ever. His velo was up, too, so I have no compunction about high hopes for 2017.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
I'm not too enthused about him in re-draft because I don't fully expect him to live up to his ADP because I hate picking pitchers before like the 7th, but I have him as a late keeper from last year and I'm all in. I'm expecting a mid-to-high fantasy #2 season from him. If he fell to me somewhere in the 6th, I think I'd be comfortable taking him as my first starter

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Teemu Pokemon posted:

I'm not too enthused about him in re-draft because I don't fully expect him to live up to his ADP because I hate picking pitchers before like the 7th, but I have him as a late keeper from last year and I'm all in. I'm expecting a mid-to-high fantasy #2 season from him. If he fell to me somewhere in the 6th, I think I'd be comfortable taking him as my first starter

Yeah I definitely put a priority on hitting this year, I guess it does depend a lot on when Pussy Boss got him. (I kept him for $8 after being ready to trade him for whatever I could get early in 2016.)

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Verlander is Just Okay for me this year. There's reason to believe his velo recovery is legit because apparently it takes for-loving-ever to recover from core muscle surgery even after you're "recovered" and he said he finally felt recovered last year.

He's in that solid but unspectacular SP 15-25.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Spoeank posted:

Verlander is Just Okay for me this year. There's reason to believe his velo recovery is legit because apparently it takes for-loving-ever to recover from core muscle surgery even after you're "recovered" and he said he finally felt recovered last year.

He's in that solid but unspectacular SP 15-25.

For what it's worth, he was touching 97 today, so the velo is there.

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

I was playing Harvest Moon 64 with this kid who lived on my street and my cows were not doing well and I got so raged up and frustrated that my eyes welled up with tears and my friend was like are you crying dude. Are you crying because of the cows. I didn't understand the feeding mechanic.
I'm all in on Verlander. Took him in the 4th round in both my leagues. Don't see any reason he shouldn't be awesome, or at least, any more than any other non Kershaw pitcher.

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

I was playing Harvest Moon 64 with this kid who lived on my street and my cows were not doing well and I got so raged up and frustrated that my eyes welled up with tears and my friend was like are you crying dude. Are you crying because of the cows. I didn't understand the feeding mechanic.
Edit != quote. Nm

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

well this is going to be a fun one

6x6 obp-league, slg and qs added

zunino
belt
carpenter
donaldson
correa
upton
schwarber
k davis
j parker
c seager
bogaerts

-

gallo
profar
deshields

chapman
diaz
pomeranz
berrios
ryu
morton
wheeler
mccarthy
lynn
karns
montgomery

gently caress starting pitching. i can piece it together as the season goes. in the meantime, trying to move xander for yu and seager for springer. also, zunino's a placeholder until schwarber gains c eligibility. i'll add and drop guys daily for that slot.

would be great if berrios came around!

abelwingnut fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Mar 30, 2017

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I just got offered the last year of Zach Brittons contract for 2 years of Jackie Bradley Jr (who I wasn't even going to keep) in my keeper league.

:stare:

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

Abel Wingnut posted:

well this is going to be a fun one

6x6 obp-league, slg and qs added

zunino
belt
carpenter
donaldson
correa
upton
schwarber
k davis
j parker
c seager
bogaerts

-

gallo
profar
deshields

chapman
diaz
pomeranz
berrios
ryu
morton
wheeler
mccarthy
lynn
karns
montgomery

gently caress starting pitching. i can piece it together as the season goes. in the meantime, trying to move xander for yu and seager for springer. also, zunino's a placeholder until schwarber gains c eligibility. i'll add and drop guys daily for that slot.

would be great if berrios came around!

I've seen bad pitching, but that is awful lol. Maybe move a ss? Your hitting is stacked though

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Blake Treinen has been named the Nats closer.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Trades kluber for segura and price

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

Trades kluber for segura and price

That's not a great trade if you're moving Kluber. Price could be dead or miss half the season but he's missing at least a month.

Also Segura could be really bad.

Junkyard Poodle
May 6, 2011

Coming back after 5 year hiatus, I have a snake draft on Sunday. It's a 10 man league with pretty standard categories:

Batting Average (AVG)
Home Runs (HR)
Runs Scored (R)
Runs Batted In (RBI)
Stolen Bases (SB)
On Base plus Slugging Pct (OPS)
Total Bases (TB)

Earned Run Average (ERA)*
Strikeouts (K)
Walks plus Hits Per Innings Pitched (WHIP)*
Saves (SV)
Quality Starts (QS)
Innings Pitched (IP)
Strikeout to Walk Ratio (K/BB)

12 batters, 10 pitchers, 28 man roster, no rules to prevent streaming pitchers,

I'm thinking about going all in on batting and hoping streaming will put me in good shape for k, qs, ip. Stupid strategy?

Who puts out the best draft lists? Grey?

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

The Pussy Boss posted:

One last try - any interest in a new redraft league, ESPN, standard settings, $20, drafting Saturday?

What time? I've got an online draft with friends from 12~4 PST and could jump in if it overlaps.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

resident posted:

What time? I've got an online draft with friends from 12~4 PST and could jump in if it overlaps.

Well, I'm free all day Saturday. But we still need 8 more players so probably not happening.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
Just drafted this squad in my 12 team money league with the guys at work. 5x5, H2H, I had the 8th pick and I punted steals.

May I present to you... Dr. Andrews' Waiting Room

C: Buster Posey (4)
1B: Hanley Ramirez (10)
2B: Jonathan Schoop (16)
SS: Brad Miller (18)
3B: Adrian Beltre (7, let it go to autodraft by accident but this doesn't seem too bad)
OF: Nelson Cruz (3), Carlos Gonzalez (5), Mark Trumbo (6), J.D. Martinez (8)
UT: Eric Hosmer (13)
BN: Eric Thames (19)

SP: Clayton Kershaw (1), Madison Bumgarner (2), John Lackey (12), Jeff Samardzija (14), Michael Pineda (17), Collin McHugh (20), Tyler Skaggs (22)
RP: Seung-Hwan Oh (9), Roberto Osuna (11), A.J. Ramos (15), Carter Capps (21)

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Lookit this guy drafting pitchers early and closers often...

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

I just did it for the first time ever in a live draft yesterday. Bryant, Goldschmidt, and Arenado were all gone by pick #7 so I took Kershaw. It felt weird, but it felt right. Then I took Verlander at 42, and Kenley Jansen at 55! I am now hopelessly addicted to pitching. Pity me.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

tinstaach posted:

I just did it for the first time ever in a live draft yesterday. Bryant, Goldschmidt, and Arenado were all gone by pick #7 so I took Kershaw. It felt weird, but it felt right. Then I took Verlander at 42, and Kenley Jansen at 55! I am now hopelessly addicted to pitching. Pity me.

I'm addicted to bad pitching

Ian Kennedy, Blake Snell, Taijuan Walker, Carlos Rodon, James Paxton, Drew Smyly, Matt Moore, Robbie Ray, Mike Foltynewicz

Give them all to me

Armond Poopson
Apr 29, 2008

The Pussy Boss posted:

Yes, but depending on the time of day Saturday. I can't do it before like 5 PM Eastern.

EDIT:
Email me:

tristan dot edward dot abbott at gmail

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

What's the difference between Pro Leagues and Private Cash leagues on Yahoo?

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Spoeank posted:

Blake Snell, Taijuan Walker, James Paxton, Robbie Ray

:same:

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I prefer one mid tier guy on a good team who's a sure fire decent pitcher and then fill my bench with traaaaaash

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
James Paxton and Robbie Ray are not Bad Pitching they are Future Cys Young

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

My outfield my be AJ Pollock, Miguel Sano, Jay Bruce, and Nomar Mazara, but I will not be deterred! Come towards the light of elite pitching!

Popero posted:

James Paxton and Robbie Ray are not Bad Pitching they are Future Cys Young

Just because the Tigers can get young pitchers from Arizona for nothing and turn them into Cy Young winners doesn't mean it works the other way around :colbert:

tinstaach fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Mar 31, 2017

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Look if Future Ace Robbie Ray was an ace then he'd already have done it for Detroit and everyone would be signing the praises of Dave Dombrowski (remember that Best Utility Man in Baseball Steve Lombardozzi was also included in that deal).

Instead he is Failed Tigers Pitcher Robbie Ray and that's a curse you just don't wash away so easily, especially not pitching at Chase Field.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
i've noticed some players have been getting added to the DL sooner which is nice. Smyly just got added.

Scruffy the janitor
Dec 31, 2007

A greater tragedy my eyes have never beheld
I know basically nothing about fantasy baseball strategy, but I just drafted this in a 12 team yahoo pro h2h league.

C: Willson Contreras (9)
1B: Miguel Cabrera (2)
2B: Ian Kinsler (6)
3B: Nolan Arenado (1)
SS: Troy Tulowitzki (12)
OF: Carlos Gonzalez (4)
OF: Adam Jones (7)
OF: Michael Brantley (13)
Util: Dexter Fowler (14)
Util: Mike Napoli (15)

Bn: Dansby Swanson (16), Mike Moustakas (17), Keon Broxton (19), Devon Travis (20)

SP: Yu Darvish (3), Jacob deGrom (5), Julio Teheran (8), Rich Hill (11), Julio Urias (18), Hyun-Jin Ryu (21)

RP: Andrew Miller (10), Adam Ottavino (22), Matt Bush (23)

Obviously saves are not going to be a thing, but how bad did I do otherwise?

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

The Pussy Boss posted:

What's the difference between Pro Leagues and Private Cash leagues on Yahoo?

I think the private cash leagues are custom leagues with settings picked by the commissioner who created the league. Pro leagues have standard settings and don't have a commissioner, they are just run through yahoo

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

Scruffy the janitor posted:

I know basically nothing about fantasy baseball strategy, but I just drafted this in a 12 team yahoo pro h2h league.

C: Willson Contreras (9)
1B: Miguel Cabrera (2)
2B: Ian Kinsler (6)
3B: Nolan Arenado (1)
SS: Troy Tulowitzki (12)
OF: Carlos Gonzalez (4)
OF: Adam Jones (7)
OF: Michael Brantley (13)
Util: Dexter Fowler (14)
Util: Mike Napoli (15)

Bn: Dansby Swanson (16), Mike Moustakas (17), Keon Broxton (19), Devon Travis (20)

SP: Yu Darvish (3), Jacob deGrom (5), Julio Teheran (8), Rich Hill (11), Julio Urias (18), Hyun-Jin Ryu (21)

RP: Andrew Miller (10), Adam Ottavino (22), Matt Bush (23)

Obviously saves are not going to be a thing, but how bad did I do otherwise?

You need more speed, bad. Also get more sps, you don't need so many bench bats

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Doghouse posted:

You need more speed, bad. Also get more sps, you don't need so many bench bats

Keep Broxton though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
:lol: The season is an hour old and my pitchers have already thrown this week for me. Fantasy Baseball is back!

• Locked thread