Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

whypick1 posted:

Yes.

For example (don't actually do this) I did a build that used Snakebite (poison on full frenzy charges) and 3 Pacifism jewels to get my max frenzy charges to 0, hence permanent poison.

This was well before Raider became awesome, because I definitely would've gone that route instead.

See also: using Ahn's Heritage + 2 Fragility Jewels to get both +3% max resistances and Onslaught.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

MerrMan posted:

Ok, so what's my best bet to go CI/VP and just face tank everything? The last several builds I've played have not had much/any leech (Zerker Warchief Totems and Essence Drain last season, SRS and Exploding arrow this season) and I want in on the facetanking. My goal is for a build that can do Guardians / Atziri more easily than my EA guy can.

Do I just get on the meta train and make a HoWA spectral throw guy? Is Blade Vortex still the beast that it used to be? Something else entirely?

For stuff I can easily move between characters I've got a Dying Sun which is probably the only expensive item that could cross over. I have a 5L shavs as well on the SRS dude, but that's probably going to get sold. So my starting budget for this is probably around... 8ex? What's my best bet?
Blade Flurry, HoWA or not, is absurdly good for boss killing. Not sure how budget works out for on softcore.

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?

MerrMan posted:

Ok, so what's my best bet to go CI/VP and just face tank everything? The last several builds I've played have not had much/any leech (Zerker Warchief Totems and Essence Drain last season, SRS and Exploding arrow this season) and I want in on the facetanking. My goal is for a build that can do Guardians / Atziri more easily than my EA guy can.

Do I just get on the meta train and make a HoWA spectral throw guy? Is Blade Vortex still the beast that it used to be? Something else entirely?

For stuff I can easily move between characters I've got a Dying Sun which is probably the only expensive item that could cross over. I have a 5L shavs as well on the SRS dude, but that's probably going to get sold. So my starting budget for this is probably around... 8ex? What's my best bet?

Icestorm is absurdly powerful and effective at leeching ES via vaal pact. I'm running an inquisitor with it and only have 6500 ES and I can do most content shy of guardians without much sweat. It's also dirt cheap to get started (whispering ice with 6s is all you need and it's part of a 4 card div set that likely just drops while you level), so you can pour all the exalts into high ES gear and be way more tanky and effective than I am at present. And if you get good enough gear alongside a Shav's you can run it as Guardian LL and wreck everything in the game.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Poison BF is probably the easiest to gear and strongest build right now. All you need is Mortem Morsu, a Lycosidae, and an Added Chaos Damage gem. You can also take it in all sorts of directions, and pretty much ignore all reflect entirely. The claw leech nodes make it really solid for leechtanking and you can run the setup with all sorts of characters, and can use Spectral Throw or whatever other skill.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
Okay so I just played last season for the first time since the beta. This season is my first foray into trading and my Terminus Est build is almost to the endgame.

I was lucky enough to get a reliquary key to drop, but poe.trade is confounding me. PoE Ninja shows exalted orbs at like 93c but the trade search seems to massively undervalue them. Is this why everyone is selling them for like 0.7ex? I listed at 0.8 and figure that's around 73c but could use some guidance.

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I have a 4/4 whispering ice divination card set in my stash as well as like a 4 or 5 link whispering ice I used to use before getting the 6 link one I'm currently using. I'd be happy to give them to anyone who wants to use them. Can confirm whispering ice is tons of fun and it's been ridiculously cheap to gear.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

Mince Pieface posted:

Do you have a tree/guide for this?

Path of Building code here

Current skill tree: http://poeurl.com/bepH

Bandits: Hard to go wrong here but the merciless reward should be max power charges. I went kill/kill/Alira

Profile link: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/dyzzy/characters (dyzzySweepZerker) [don't use sweep imo]

My feeling is that with a good 6L Astral plate instead of the belly you'd be much better off in terms of resists (saving some points on the tree and/or budget on jewelry) and possibly even or ahead on total HP. I don't really have anything I want any more (HH obviously but that's pie in the sky expensive) so I might try crafting one to see how it compares. Note that my tree doesn't have vaal pact which you need if you don't have the atziri gloves, I'd cull the 2H duelist cluster to get there.

Gear priorities, roughly, are capped resists, int/dex to use gems, life, accuracy, damage. Don't spend more than a chaos for jewels if they don't have max life rolls.

Feedback and suggestions on improvements welcome, I'm happy with where this guy's at but if there's something I missed I want to know.

dyzzy fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Mar 29, 2017

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

George posted:

Okay so I just played last season for the first time since the beta. This season is my first foray into trading and my Terminus Est build is almost to the endgame.

I was lucky enough to get a reliquary key to drop, but poe.trade is confounding me. PoE Ninja shows exalted orbs at like 93c but the trade search seems to massively undervalue them. Is this why everyone is selling them for like 0.7ex? I listed at 0.8 and figure that's around 73c but could use some guidance.

When you go to poe.trade, look in upper right corner, click the "currency market ->" for the, uh, currency market.

Edit: Being less obtuse: as poe.ninja kinda shows exalts have gone up quite a bit in the last day or two. Problem with searching for items (such as ancient reliquary key) that give prices in both fractions of an exalt and chaos orbs, is that poe.trade apparently has to manually update how much an exalt is worth. Since it's quite a bit behind it's kinda unreliable for such items right now. For example, if you scroll down the ancient reliquary key list to the end of those for sale at 0.9 ex, you'll find several for 60c, before switching to 1 ex. Basically poe.trade still "thinks" an ex is worth 61-65c.

Valle fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Mar 30, 2017

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

YoungSexualNorton posted:

All the chat about righteous fire a few pages back inspired me to put together a guide based on the guy I've been experimenting with in standard in lieu of actually playing leagues in 2.6. The goal was to cook up something cheap and durable that can handle guardians and shaper and also be a good way to start 3.0 in hardcore with the huge pile of unknown boss fights and mechanical changes it's going to bring.

So: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1875050

It's pretty comprehensive, and there are videos toward the end of the guardian and shaper fights.

edit: to the guy above, any time you portal back in to shaper, stand still for a very long time, like 10 seconds. his projectiles can become invisible but still be active when you port out/in and you'll eat one without ever seeing it. it can take them quite a while to clear out. same thing can happen with atziri's storm call

Thanks for posting this, it was the kind of build I've been looking for for a while. Have to try it after I come back from PoE break :v:

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN
I don't know if this is meta or not but I've been having a loving blast playing explosive cleave gladiator with Bringer of Rain and Soul Taker, with a Vagan crafted bleed axe in the other hand. I'm able to comfortably run T15s and can pretty safely facetank farm uber-lab, and have gotten runs down to ~12 minutes. No T16 drops yet, so no idea how I fare against guardians, but I feel I still haven't hit the ceiling. Also my first merc lab run, I got the enchant on my boots that give 8% movespeed if you haven't been hit recently, and it's kind of sad to know that this is probably the best pair of boots I will ever own in this game.

YoungSexualNorton
Aug 8, 2004
These are good for the children's brains.
Gladiator is very good for most content and the bleed explosions let you use pretty much any skill you want to rip through packs. Generally their weakness is bosses, which is ironic because thematically you'd expect them to be good at 1 on 1. Having mediocre life is irrelevant against tons of smaller hits because you block half or more of them, but all it takes is a bad roll of the dice and a big hit from a boss can insta-kill you. Pretty similar to evasion builds, but without the mobility of a raider or the range of a bow character.

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry

Valle posted:

For example, if you scroll down the ancient reliquary key list to the end of those for sale at 0.9 ex, you'll find several for 60c, before switching to 1 ex. Basically poe.trade still "thinks" an ex is worth 61-65c.

So what is a reliquary key roughly worth in chaos these days?

I've just found my second one, and I sold the first almost immediately yesterday for 60, which makes me think that was a bit too cheap.

The not obviously price-fixing rate seems to be 0.7 ex, which is...70-ish?

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Okay so what the hell are up with these league stone thingies.

Well okay it's pretty clear what they do. What should I actually be using?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

use whichever ones sound fun. there is no need to save them while leveling since they are level restricted

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

BobbyK posted:

I have a 4/4 whispering ice divination card set in my stash as well as like a 4 or 5 link whispering ice I used to use before getting the 6 link one I'm currently using. I'd be happy to give them to anyone who wants to use them. Can confirm whispering ice is tons of fun and it's been ridiculously cheap to gear.

I hope you mean socket, not link, as 6-linking a WI is pretty pointless :)

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

BobbyK posted:

I'd love to take you up on this. Anything you'd like to give.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

ugh, maybe i will do scorching whisp ice in ssf since i can't find a chest for low life guardian rf

just found a 16% cwc too

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
CWC WI was my first CI build, made the switch in the 30's according to that guide linked earlier and I've never had a character that good.

Magus42 posted:

I hope you mean socket, not link, as 6-linking a WI is pretty pointless :)
My friend wasted gobs of fusings a few leagues back on exactly this misconception.

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down

Ultima66 posted:

Poison BF is probably the easiest to gear and strongest build right now. All you need is Mortem Morsu, a Lycosidae, and an Added Chaos Damage gem. You can also take it in all sorts of directions, and pretty much ignore all reflect entirely. The claw leech nodes make it really solid for leechtanking and you can run the setup with all sorts of characters, and can use Spectral Throw or whatever other skill.

Question about this. I've been running blade flurry with Bino's and Death's hand, since I got both blackheart and the prophecy so I made my own voidheart.
Was thinking about respeccing this to claw, either with blade flurry or spectral throw so I could take the soul taker node since my leech isn't great currently and a max roll mortem morsu dropped recently.

The mortem morsu poisonous hit should mean I don't need the voidheart, right?

Also, I tried swapping the dagger nodes for claw with the new items in PoB and the listed damage / DPS is way lower than with the Bino's. I feel like something's wrong though because the listed DPS for Bino's seems way higher than I remember from last time I opened PoB and the average damage unbuffed doesn't match my standing in hideout which I think it used to do.
I guess I should just actually try it, since its not that many respec points even if I want to revert back.

What's a 5L gem setup with morsu?
For Bino's I've been using blade flurry, melee physical, increased crit damage, increased area, and faster attacks.

George
Nov 27, 2004

Valle posted:

When you go to poe.trade, look in upper right corner, click the "currency market ->" for the, uh, currency market.

Edit: Being less obtuse: as poe.ninja kinda shows exalts have gone up quite a bit in the last day or two. Problem with searching for items (such as ancient reliquary key) that give prices in both fractions of an exalt and chaos orbs, is that poe.trade apparently has to manually update how much an exalt is worth. Since it's quite a bit behind it's kinda unreliable for such items right now. For example, if you scroll down the ancient reliquary key list to the end of those for sale at 0.9 ex, you'll find several for 60c, before switching to 1 ex. Basically poe.trade still "thinks" an ex is worth 61-65c.

Yeah, that was exactly what I said. I was wondering if there was a better way to handle this or if I'd read it right.

Looks like 99c now. Guess I'll keep it at 0.8ex for now.

edit: Here's my profile. Obviously Severian is the one doing the Terminus Est build. I'd welcome gear suggestions, especially recommendations for replacements for the Tabula Rasa. I'm currently looking into a Daresso's Defiance. Is my belt worth feeling married to? Magnate seems really nice but I don't see it in any gear suggestions and I think I'm just prioritizing things wrong in my head.

George fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Mar 30, 2017

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
"This profile tab has been set to private or you the lack the permissions to view it."

George
Nov 27, 2004

Sorry, must have been the default. Should work now.

I also wouldn't mind suggestions for the 4-link on my boots. I was using that setup while leveling and now I just use it for Vorici's quests.

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

I've never played a whispering ice build but after looking at that post I kind of want to, looks fun.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Rakeris posted:

I've never played a whispering ice build but after looking at that post I kind of want to, looks fun.

I'm enjoying mine quite a bit, but I think I upgraded uniques too quickly because I'm at level 70 now with subpar resists, no budget left, and I'm dying pretty regularly on any map higher than T2

George
Nov 27, 2004

I just bought a pretty nice Daresso and god drat does it feel good to replace the TR. I'm not wearing a T-shirt anymore!

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
linked up whispering ice staffs have some place as support characters, you can chill and curse enemies in the same button press

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Aerox posted:

I'm enjoying mine quite a bit, but I think I upgraded uniques too quickly because I'm at level 70 now with subpar resists, no budget left, and I'm dying pretty regularly on any map higher than T2

Yea, don't wear the black sun crest until you have ok ES gear, and leave the perandus signet off until you have really good resists in other slots.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Ein Sexmonster posted:

Yea, don't wear the black sun crest until you have ok ES gear, and leave the perandus signet off until you have really good resists in other slots.

I couldn't help myself -- the black sun dropped naturally and I never get good drops.

I'm going to switch back to older gear and see if it helps -- I suspect it will. Body armor is the biggest issue right now, I have a pretty terrible 5L but I thought I needed to move off the 3S/L Ice Tomb, but upgrades for that slot are outrageously expensive.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Aerox posted:

switch to resist auras and a defensive curse?

milward
Nov 5, 2009

So I reinstalled this after a very long time so I have some questions.

I have a lvl 46 marauder with a ground smash build and I just did temple of sin in cruel.

Should I save any gear at this point? Now I only pick up rares to see if they are upgrades and rgb drops to sell for a prismatic.

Should I pick up superior items to get to 40% and sell those?

Has a lot changed so I should go back and do a sweep to pick up additional stuff?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
For alt characters, sure
No. If a 20% item drops go for it, but it's not worth the inventory hassle otherwise.
"Very long time" = Before act 4 was a thing? At the very least, if you haven't do the library quest in Act 3, as Siosa now sells all gems (besides the drop-only ones). Always good to have available.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Goa Tse-tung posted:

switch to resist auras and a defensive curse?

Oh, that's a really good idea and didn't even occur to me.

This is my first league in years -- the last time I played Masters weren't in the game yet so I've been trying to relearn a lot.

I've been sticking entirely to builds with detailed leveling sections, which has been a blessing and a curse since I don't quite know what to do when something breaks or stops being effective.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
I've been picking up quality items mainly just to keep my math skills strong.

Do you even add, bro?

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

McFrugal posted:

I've been picking up quality items mainly just to keep my math skills strong.

Do you even add, bro?

I don't bother with the calculation, I just save until I have a lot and hope I don't get too ripped off in the exchange when I vendor them all at once

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

Aerox posted:

I couldn't help myself -- the black sun dropped naturally and I never get good drops.

I'm going to switch back to older gear and see if it helps -- I suspect it will. Body armor is the biggest issue right now, I have a pretty terrible 5L but I thought I needed to move off the 3S/L Ice Tomb, but upgrades for that slot are outrageously expensive.

Don't forget that as SR WI you don't really need more than a 4l body. If you've got Whispers of Doom on the tree and a +1 curse item like doedres so mobs can have 3 curses, then a 5l but I kept it at 2 (Warlord's and Temporal chains) for the longest time because it's generally plenty and it let me look at better options that are a bit cheaper because they're not 5l or 6l.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rakeris posted:

It's ridiculously fun from my experience.

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747

silvergoose posted:

I'd love to take you up on this. Anything you'd like to give.

Yeah, whisper coolwitchgal

And yes, meant 6 socket not 6 link. It's real nice having a 6 link without actually having to link it

milward
Nov 5, 2009

whypick1 posted:

For alt characters, sure
No. If a 20% item drops go for it, but it's not worth the inventory hassle otherwise.
"Very long time" = Before act 4 was a thing? At the very least, if you haven't do the library quest in Act 3, as Siosa now sells all gems (besides the drop-only ones). Always good to have available.

I used to play when the game was released so probably before that yeah. I'll just warp back and run through easy to make sure I did not miss anything, thanks. Helps me get used to the button settings as well, way to used to running with wasd.

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
For anyone leveling literally any character, USE THE GULL. It's the greatest. It has life and ES, so it can fit into basically any build and you get minishrines all the time, and you can wear it at 33. Just be careful not to buy one with an enchant as it might up the level requirement.

I had a hard time letting go of it when I got the black sun crest, but that thing gives me like 200 more INT so I couldn't really put it off if I wanted to start killing T10 +

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
the gull is 10c :colbert:, save for seven league steps instead

• Locked thread