Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

My uncle who works at Nintendo tells me his friend who works at NRS told him that Joker is going to be DLC, just you wait and see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I want the next character to be Sports Master and now he's a major player because President Luthor has made Killing Superman a sport

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Jimmy Hats posted:

I'm still holding out for Johnny Cage

Likewise I'm holding out hope for Freakazoid.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

AndyElusive posted:

My uncle who works at Nintendo tells me his friend who works at NRS told him that Joker is going to be DLC, just you wait and see.

I hope Joker is dlc. Might be the first non-guest character to top the DLC charts for NRS.

That and the mountains of salt.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Evil Canadian posted:

If Joker is in the game he should just be in versus and not appear in the story. The "proper" universe isn't here to bail out the injustiverse so unless something retarded like Batman felt bad for joker and put the 2 halfs of him that supes ripped apart in the lazarus pit he just shouldn't be around.

I mean NRS sorta already pulled this in MKX. The default looks for Liu Kang/Kung lao/Kitana do not exist in the storymode and were fakeouts as they were dead/revenants the whole time.

I liked how they did this, they had their cake and ate it too: had the evil versions for Story but also did a good job with the "what if they lived and got old?" default variants

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Jax, Sub Zero and Scorpion got de-eviled in the story mode, Kung Lao got redeemed in his arcade ending, Liu Kang and Kitana however stayed evil and became the ruler of the Neverrealm.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

If Sub-Zero is one of the DLC characters, I at least want his Dark Knight of Earthrealm costume from his MKvDCU ending. Basically his regular costume, but with the MK dragon logo on his chest and a bigass cape.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

the rights would probably be a nightmare to manage given the companies involved but a power ranger would be a rad guest character

if they made it tommy there'd be like half a dozen different outfits to make into gear visuals

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Bumper Stickup posted:

Likewise I'm holding out hope for Freakazoid.

they're gonna swerve and give us Lord Bravery

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

best crossover character would be Brain in that big robot tuxedo suit

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Evil Canadian posted:

If Joker is in the game he should just be in versus and not appear in the story. The "proper" universe isn't here to bail out the injustiverse so unless something retarded like Batman felt bad for joker and put the 2 halfs of him that supes ripped apart in the lazarus pit he just shouldn't be around.

I mean NRS sorta already pulled this in MKX. The default looks for Liu Kang/Kung lao/Kitana do not exist in the storymode and were fakeouts as they were dead/revenants the whole time.

An even better example would be Goro - he's not a part of the story mode and if the prequel comic's canon he shouldn't even be playable but he's part of the roster anyway.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Gavok posted:

If Sub-Zero is one of the DLC characters, I at least want his Dark Knight of Earthrealm costume from his MKvDCU ending. Basically his regular costume, but with the MK dragon logo on his chest and a bigass cape.

That was definitely the best one of those weird merged endings.

If Joker comes back, make him the host of Etrigan.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

David D. Davidson posted:

Jax, Sub Zero and Scorpion got de-eviled in the story mode, Kung Lao got redeemed in his arcade ending, Liu Kang and Kitana however stayed evil and became the ruler of the Neverrealm.

I remember holding out hope that Liu Kang was going to become the new, more despotic guardian of Earth Realm, like in his arcade ending in MK9. It would have been cool and more fitting to the story, in my opinion.

Joker as DLC would make mad dosh, so that would definitely be the smart thing for them to do.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://youtu.be/XTBCU7AxwKo

Scarecrow, yay.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Love Grodd's "stop hitting yourself" attack.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

and captain cold!

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Kelp Plankton posted:

best crossover character would be Brain in that big robot tuxedo suit

I want this and they pull it off so well thet put Pinky and the Brain in Dc comics continuiity

Captain Cold looks super fun might main him

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Probably will get lost in the shuffle but NRS has been continuously improving the face tech by an impressive margin, jeez

https://c1.staticflickr.com/4/3720/33660995216_b748d96077_o.jpg

Oh yeah and Captain Cold looks loving awesome, did not expect his moveset to look so rad. Scarecrow I still don't understand how he has these powers but his sick chainsickle is really cool and he looks good.

DLC Inc fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Mar 30, 2017

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

It took several years and millions of dollars, but we did it: we finally made Aquaman less jowly.

Scarecrow does look surprisingly slick. The turning giant super move is still lazy, in my opinion.

Edit: also dang man, we're barely halfway through the roster going by the website. I'm kind of stoked to see who's next. Hopefully not 80% Batman characters.

Buck Wildman fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Mar 30, 2017

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Captain Cold looks cool but it's too bad I'm never going to see him again once everyone gets his Mr Freeze skin

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Capt cold does look pretty rad. Way cooler than killer frost (the worst Injustice character)

Haha get it cooler hahaha

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I literally remember nothing about Killer Frost but am assuming she just had a generic freeze ball and ice slide. Captain Cold appears to be able to freeze midcombo and create smashable ice walls so he's already looking much more interesting than a guest-appearance Sub-Zero ever will. In fact I hope none of the ninjas show up and we get Mad Max instead.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Doomsday was my main in the first game. It looks like Grodd will be my jam this time.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

MinibarMatchman posted:

I literally remember nothing about Killer Frost but am assuming she just had a generic freeze ball and ice slide. Captain Cold appears to be able to freeze midcombo and create smashable ice walls so he's already looking much more interesting than a guest-appearance Sub-Zero ever will. In fact I hope none of the ninjas show up and we get Mad Max instead.

I'm holding out hope for one of Cassie's team.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Bane flexing mid-combat made me laugh.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
They seemed to amp up the luchador element of Bane and reduced his size a bit, which is kinda cool. But I enjoyed him when he was just a seven foot tall guy who beat yo rear end. hmmmm

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

FunkMonkey posted:

It took several years and millions of dollars, but we did it: we finally made Aquaman less jowly.

Scarecrow does look surprisingly slick. The turning giant super move is still lazy, in my opinion.

Edit: also dang man, we're barely halfway through the roster going by the website. I'm kind of stoked to see who's next. Hopefully not 80% Batman characters.

Braniac, Darksied, Joker. Do you think there counting DLC characters or premium skins as thier own thing on the site?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
brainiac's already been revealed according to the website, but we haven't see anything of him.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Braniac, Darksied, Joker. Do you think there counting DLC characters or premium skins as thier own thing on the site?

Brain buddy is already there, as was said above. Darkseid is probably right. Having the special skins as slots would be lovely, but I wouldn't put it past them.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
captain cold has a really cool voice

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Sinners Sandwich posted:

there's like 11 slots left. taking away darkseid/joker there's 9 left which matches up with the number of 9 DLC people we're getting. I expected this but did hope they wouldn't have left those other slots there for long-reaching DLC.

If they don't use April 1st for as a Red Hood/Joker fakeout then their media guys deserve to be fired lol

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Yeah april 1st should be a fake joker reveal but then the joke will be that it's a real reveal, and the joke will be on us :(

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

I want to play Grodd so baddddddddd

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Jimmy Hats posted:

Yeah april 1st should be a fake joker reveal but then the joke will be that it's a real reveal, and the joke will be on us :(

Joker steps into view, then suddenly melts and reforms. Plastic Man revealed.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Oh God Yes

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Evil Canadian posted:

I want to play Grodd so baddddddddd

I'm tempted to get the deluxe package just because I want to play Professor Zoom and lay sick burns on everyone during the clashes and fight intros. He's one of my favorite villains. Ultimately I'm probably going to main either Black Adam or my boy Atrocitus, AKA the Megatron of the DC universe.

MinibarMatchman posted:

Joker steps into view, then suddenly melts and reforms. Plastic Man revealed.

If there's a gag reveal I want it to be Alfred, because that would actually be loving amazing and everyone would get very depressed that it isn't happening.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Captain Cold looks way better than I expected. Like, from totally discounted to contender for main, better.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

i'd accept joker if his gear includes the "ripped-off face stapled back on" along with his mechanic attire. Or at the very least his weird-rear end haircut and empty eyes he had in the Endgame comics.

Is Joker still dead in the comics and did they ever do anything with the "there are actually 3 Jokers and one might be immortal" poo poo

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

MinibarMatchman posted:

i'd accept joker if his gear includes the "ripped-off face stapled back on" along with his mechanic attire. Or at the very least his weird-rear end haircut and empty eyes he had in the Endgame comics.

Is Joker still dead in the comics and did they ever do anything with the "there are actually 3 Jokers and one might be immortal" poo poo

Joker is, overtly, decisively dead. However, they had a very heavy handed wink wink nudge nudge moment involving an amnesiac Bruce and a man who was at the very least supposed to be extremely evocative of an amnesiac Joker. We'll see. For now he hasn't explicitly shown up in the comics since Endgame.

The immortality/multiple Jokers thing was left intentionally vague, though Batman came to his own conclusion that it was horseshit.

Buck Wildman fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Mar 30, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Totally digging Captain Cold. He's exceeding my expectations which were pretty low after seeing him briefly in an earlier trailer for the story. Even his voice is perfect for a smarmy dude with a freeze gun and his fighting style looks fun.

Somehow Bane still looks boring.

• Locked thread