Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kibibit
Sep 10, 2009

You must be a friend that's good at shredding!
Drunk Kobayashi is more powerful than I expected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

kobayashi and tohru should get drunk together more often :dva:

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
These were my two favorite parts of the manga, back-to-back in one episode.

Shota really does care about Lucoa. That's so sweet. :3:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Command Ant posted:

These were my two favorite parts of the manga, back-to-back in one episode.

Same. Kobayashi being so plastered and angry with her job that she can rip out god's sword almost effortlessly is one of my favorite scenes from the manga, I'm glad to see it get such good treatment.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

McDragon posted:

kobayashi and tohru should get drunk together more often :dva:

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Command Ant posted:

That was super duper cute
:kimchi:

e: also Kobayashi's a bit of a hornbag, groping Tohru when they only just met!

Zeruel fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Mar 29, 2017

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Very good episode. I really like Kobayashi and Tohru's first meeting, just getting drunk and complaining about life together. Also, Kobayashi flirting with Tohru first. And the more in-depth look into Tohru's past and her issues was also nice. She's probably the most interesting character and i'm glad she's found happiness with her girlfriend.

Unique somber music for the episode preview has got me all sad and worried though. :ohdear:

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
It kind of funny that Tohru was just an evil dragon before that.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

MonsterEnvy posted:

It kind of funny that Tohru was just an evil dragon before that.

I dunno, she hates the Gods and everything but she can't bring herself to kill a human despite threatening her. I think she comes off as a pretty good person honestly.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Since they seem to have some elements of norse myth in there I assume the 'good guys' are kinda dicks sometimes anyway.

Kibibit
Sep 10, 2009

You must be a friend that's good at shredding!

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I dunno, she hates the Gods and everything but she can't bring herself to kill a human despite threatening her. I think she comes off as a pretty good person honestly.

Yeah, like she's part of the evil chaos faction, but isn't all that evil herself, despite walking the walk.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Kibibit posted:

Drunk Kobayashi is more powerful than I expected.

it true

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

Kibibit posted:

Yeah, like she's part of the evil chaos faction, but isn't all that evil herself, despite walking the walk.

Anyone who's played a Shin Megami Tensei game can tell you that Order isn't good and Chaos isn't evil.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
Its not that uncommon for chaos to represent freedom and everything that comes with it and order to represent totalitarianism and everything that comes with it. Basically both can be used for good or evil.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea it seems like it's the typical 'chaos can also mean overthrowing a cruel tyrant, order can also mean oppressing people's freedom and individuality' thing, so you wind up with Fafnir and his 'murder every human they all suck curse them all' and Sweet Gay Tohru probably just wanting to gently caress off and be left alone on the same side.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Fafnir just wants people to stop trying to steal his treasure is all.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Reminder that Elma's an order dragon. Assuming her code of conduct is normal, order dragons seen to be okay dudes.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
elma's cool but she also busted into tohru's house and tried to fight her for wanting to live in the human world at all, and her deciding to stick around as an office worker and let tohru continue to just do whatever probably isn't what most order dragons would do

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

There's a chapter in the manga which is looking to not be getting adapted where Elma opens up to Kobayashi and talks about how she doesn't like some of the things Order Dragons do. So y'know there's all sorts in these complicated Dragon factions. The ones in the series are just good people regardless.

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner
elma's horn looks like doodoo

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

:commissar:
Kobayashi and Tohru are a really cute yet powerful drunk couple.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

Meat Beat Agent posted:

elma's horn looks like doodoo

a literal doodoo head.

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Haven't watched the new ep yet, but
this is a promising cosplay test.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

That is horrifying.

Wallrod
Sep 27, 2004
Stupid Baby Picture

This shot honestly surprised me because WHO PUTS THIS MUCH DETAIL INTO A FLUFFY DUSTER THINGY. I love how Kyoani doesn't give a gently caress and makes everything detailed.

Also the scene with Fafnir was very sweet.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Wallrod posted:

This shot honestly surprised me because WHO PUTS THIS MUCH DETAIL INTO A FLUFFY DUSTER THINGY. I love how Kyoani doesn't give a gently caress and makes everything detailed.

The fluffy duster is an important metaphor for her ability to cling to a new life in the human world.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Wallrod posted:

I mostly liked that Takiya finally got to have a scene with Fafnir without having to wear his dumb Otaku Face.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Wallrod posted:

It looks like she's dusting with a bush.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Kanna falling asleep at the table hugging her pillow was :kimchi:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

"Kanna..."
"no!"

Bybus Slago
Oct 31, 2005
Maybe I'm just not hip to the jive.

a kitten posted:

"Kanna..."
"no!"

I really want a clip of that, it was adorable

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

sexpig by night posted:

yea it seems like it's the typical 'chaos can also mean overthrowing a cruel tyrant, order can also mean oppressing people's freedom and individuality' thing, so you wind up with Fafnir and his 'murder every human they all suck curse them all' and Sweet Gay Tohru probably just wanting to gently caress off and be left alone on the same side.

I think the Order/Chaos thing is probably a delineation given by the Gods and Humans. Chaos dragons basically hate or don't care about humans while Order dragons do. Tohru belonged to a family of Chaos dragons and probably killed a few while fending them off.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Xelkelvos posted:

I think the Order/Chaos thing is probably a delineation given by the Gods and Humans. Chaos dragons basically hate or don't care about humans while Order dragons do. Tohru belonged to a family of Chaos dragons and probably killed a few while fending them off.

They appear to be actual factions as there are neutral ones who don't side with ether.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

https://twitter.com/winter_sh/status/847508427479760896

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Are you guys kidding me with this?

Tohru's faction are evil dragons that kill humans and fight with God because it's a funny joke to compare that with the human world Tohru who loves her wife and raises a kid with her and makes friends with the humans that sell vegetables. Tohru doesn't really fit in with them but didn't realize it until she fell in love with Kobayashi and couldn't introduce her to her parents because they wouldn't approve of her lifestyle.

Explosions
Apr 20, 2015

Kanna is not evil, she is a good girl. The sign said so.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

kanna is chaotic cute

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
The most dangerous alignment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

The actresses cosplaying as their characters.

• Locked thread