Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The MSJ posted:

Anthony Hopkins is also in this, and he has a robot butler who rips off the head of bigger Transformers and then takes over its body by transforming into a new head.

Don't forget that the Transformers 5 footage they showed includes the appearance of Merlin.
:stare:

Hahahahahahahaha

When did these movies get badass all of a sudden?! The last one certainly wasn't!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

The MSJ posted:

Matthew Perry and Lisa Kudrow are apparently doing pretty good with their respective TV shows. I think Episodes is ending, though.

Isn't Matt LeBlanc hosting Top Gear now?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Phylodox posted:

Yeah. It's him, and two other people called Rory Reid and Chris Harris.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

They all can host whatever tickles their anus because they are filthy loving rich. But Julia Louie Dreyfus could buy and sell them all considering she made her own hundreds of millions before inheriting her dads' roughly 5 billion.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Phylodox posted:

He also has a network sitcom.
Are any of the Friends actors not doing relatively well careerwise?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

raditts posted:

Gunther?

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

raditts posted:

Hell, even the monkey has a pretty great career.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/jamiejones/this-is-what-marcel-the-monkey-has-been-up-to-sinc?utm_term=.ugeQOe7zy#.rhPov4eBl

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The boys who played Ross and Rachel's son later became Disney's Zack and Cody (and the one who was Cody is now Jughead on Riverdale).

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
David Schwimmer doesn't seem to have much going on right now.

Kanish
Jun 17, 2004

Leavemywife posted:

He was in that OJ miniseries that is supposed to be pretty good. Honestly, I would be cashing my residual checks on a beach in tahiti If I was on that show.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

The MSJ posted:

The boys who played Ross and Rachel's son later became Disney's Zack and Cody (and the one who was Cody is now Jughead on Riverdale).

They were Ross's older kid he had with his ex-wife from Herman's Head.

Schwimmer did a bunch of behind the scenes and stage stuff before he came back with the OJ show.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Yeah he directed that Simon Pegg movie too, "Run Fatboy Run" or w/e it was called

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Hahahahahahahaha

When did these movies get badass all of a sudden?! The last one certainly wasn't!

They hired a bunch of writers who worked on comic book movies to write out a bunch of scripts starting with this year's movie. Transformers 5 is being written by two guys who wrote the first Iron Man movie and one who did Black Hawk Down. Then they also get Lucasfilm-style 'lore experts' as consultants. The result is probably a Transformers movie that feels more like a comic book film, except the things that goes on in Transformers comics are typically mad (in both good and bad ways). The current Transformers comics, for example, reveals that robots with 'camera' heads like Shockwave were not actually built that way but their original and more humanoid heads were removed as a form of punishment. Also most Transformers who transformed into animals now live on another planet to escape the religiously-motivated genocide of their kind on Cybertron.

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Mar 30, 2017

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Kanish posted:

He was in that OJ miniseries that is supposed to be pretty good. Honestly, I would be cashing my residual checks on a beach in tahiti If I was on that show.

Him saying "Juice" in increasingly sad or desperate tones is the best part of an excellent show.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Yeah Schwimmer is outstanding in The People Vs. OJ. As he showed in Band of Brothers, he can be a really solid character actor if you give him the right role.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Kanish posted:

I thought that Schwimmer was pretty good in it, and that his Kardashian was pretty much the only fully sympathetic character in the whole show.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The new Pirates of The Carribean was screened for critics and several of them say the movie is much more like the first one than the previous 3 and might be the second best in the whole series.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

The MSJ posted:

They hired a bunch of writers who worked on comic book movies to write out a bunch of scripts starting with this year's movie. Transformers 5 is being written by two guys who wrote the first Iron Man movie and one who did Black Hawk Down. Then they also get Lucasfilm-style 'lore experts' as consultants. The result is probably a Transformers movie that feels more like a comic book film, except the things that goes on in Transformers comics are typically mad (in both good and bad ways). The current Transformers comics, for example, reveals that robots with 'camera' heads like Shockwave were not actually built that way but their original and more humanoid heads were removed as a form of punishment. Also most Transformers who transformed into animals now live on another planet to escape the religiously-motivated genocide of their kind on Cybertron.

Just letting you know I quoted this to a bunch of jaded transformer fans (along with hints of the other spoilers) and they are now very sold on this movie

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

No they're gag oversized shoes, they don't actually fill them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_r3E8V6Utc&t=65s

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The barista from Friends makes half a million a year on royalties alone.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The MSJ posted:

Consider me interested. I was very much not interested before.

Leavemywife posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=726Ujz_KOHE

He was excellent in that show, as was literally everyone else in it.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Hahahahahahahaha

The last one ended with Optimus blasting off into space to kill God.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Consider me interested. I was very much not interested before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=726Ujz_KOHE

He was excellent in that show, as was literally everyone else in it.

You forgot the best scene, although it's horribly been recording on Youtube...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWnKsb17tHI

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

MonsieurChoc posted:

I guess all I took away from that movie was Marky Mark's daughter dating a card-carrying statutory rapist and forgot all about the actual Transformers stuff :shobon:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

I guess all I took away from that movie was Marky Mark's daughter dating a card-carrying statutory rapist and forgot all about the actual Transformers stuff :shobon:

To be honest it isn't that important or interesting.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

MonsieurChoc posted:

Those films are all terrible, horrible examples of stakes raising without any actual stakes.

Like, CyberThulhu and Evil Spock hollow out the earth in T3. Also the US government brutally murders a bunch of Autobots before T4. I guess Unicron comes by in this new one or something
??

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Man, whoever is Pennywise on this new version has some really big shoes to fill.

I've only seen him (Bill Skarsgard) in Hemlock Grove, which was kind of weird and crummy, but he was pretty creepy in it, so that's hopeful.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Personally, I found the movie hilarious.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

I love how seriously everyone takes this, as if the phrase "card-carrying statutory rapist" isn't goofy af enough to trigger the "oh its a joke" sensor.

I laughed my rear end off at that, what's funnier than a skeezy 20-something carrying around the law that allows him to gently caress his teenage girlfriend and presenting that to the girls dad?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I think that is actually an example of how humans in the movie are terrible (on purpose). Marky Mark himself was compared to a slave owner by TJ Miller. Stanley Tucci creates an army of slave Transformers with no soul, who then rebels against him. To say nothing of Optimus forcing the Dinobots into indentured servitude.

I am, however, reminded of that scene when I saw Anthony Hopkins with one arm around his 15-year-old co-star.
https://twitter.com/transformers/status/846898108621451264/

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Mar 30, 2017

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

The MSJ posted:

I am, however, reminded of that scene when I saw Anthony Hopkins with one arm around his 15-year-old co-star.
I’m going to loving throw up

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

The MSJ posted:

Vegetable posted:

I’m going to loving throw up

I'm getting the same vibes here as when someone posted pics of Ian McKellen surrounded by barely legal twinks at one of Roland Emmerich's gay parties when the whole Bryan Singer underage rape allegations started floating around the Days Of Future Past release.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
What, really? All he's doing is sidehugging her.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
Pretty sure that's a form of rape in 2017

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
https://twitter.com/AnthonyHopkins/status/846867704904499200
My god, his depravity knows no bounds!

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
Nah that's a creeper move that only the very thirstiest dude in the pub pulls.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Anthony Hopkins and Michael Bay had sex in a giant robot prop.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Gonz posted:

Anthony Hopkins and Michael Bay had sex in a giant robot prop.

poo poo i'm even more sold on this movie than ever

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

they really should've had pennywise talks in the teaser. i feel bad for that dude no matter how good the movie actually is there's no way he's as good as tim curry was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Modern IT should just forget about the clowns. Kid should look into the drain hole and there's an old white man in a suit saying "Kid, do you hate gays? What about Muslims? Why don't you join me in the sewers and we can get rid of all the gays and Muslims? I'll pay you."

The Saddest Rhino posted:

poo poo i'm even more sold on this movie than ever

Bunch of Bro-formers j/o to recharge their energon crystals.

• Locked thread