Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

HGH posted:

Finally finished Dualcast! Here you go Refia. Sorry 3 Yshtolas. Although I suspect 6* Tilith's event will drop next month out of sheer spite for me.

So what do I replace Ludmille with, Leon or Shine? My only notable 5* base is Gilgamesh so leaning towards Leon.

I'm working on a Leon TM for Gilgamesh now, unfortunately unless you pulled a Delita or Randi, there is nothing in the way of good swords. The next good one to come out is on Tidus and if you pull a Tidus he kind of wants his own sword. There isn't a 3* base like Cecil or Miyuki that gives access to a powerful sword and it sucks.

Don't get me wrong, Leon TM + Phantasmal Blade is still better than Excalibur + ATK 30% on Gilgamesh, but it still sucks there aren't any good TM swords except from base 5s.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Mar 30, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
What an underwhelming update.

Anyway, I accidentally clicked auto and left it on during ELT of the FFT event and still somehow won. :shrug: I am jealous of the crazy OP orlandeu who just carried my rear end through that.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Well, I did the math (simple addition!) and I can get a 100% physical evade Lightning up as soon as I grind out the currency for the Kiyomori (doable) and bake a Twenty-Sided Die, Quick Assault, and Evade... and draw two more Cyans and/or Shines.

My Cyan is sitting at 45% Trust Mastery because I smooshed them all together months ago before I realized 100% evasion was possible.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

PaybackJack posted:

I'm working on a Leon TM for Gilgamesh now, unfortunately unless you pulled a Delita or Randi, there is nothing in the way of good swords. The next good one to come out is on Tidus and if you pull a Tidus he kind of wants his own sword. There isn't a 3* base like Cecil or Miyuki that gives access to a powerful sword and it sucks.

Don't get me wrong, Leon TM + Phantasmal Blade is still better than Excalibur + ATK 30% on Gilgamesh, but it still sucks there aren't any good TM swords except from base 5s.

Fire Chaining is still a thing, and Vernard's good for that. Not ideal, but.. not awful, either.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

LOSS

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.
Is it worth spending lapis to rush the raid boss enough for that moogle?

I really should get tmr farming working on my comp

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
hm, if I spend the next energy doing storyline, and spend google survey money, I should have enough for an 11-pull. Dare I wallow in disappointment? I mean, what else would I spend it on?

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Well, Eileen and Tidus shouldn't be that far away.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

Is it worth spending lapis to rush the raid boss enough for that moogle?

I really should get tmr farming working on my comp

Nope.

Depending on how much your NRG cap is, you can earn 2-3% or so spread across 5 units for that.

Now if you are like me and want to bank it for the future, then sure go right ahead. I want 10 of those moogles so that if I pull a killer TM unit like Gilgamesh, I can instantly get the TM.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Infected posted:

Well, Eileen and Tidus shouldn't be that far away.

eh, if I'm gonna chase someone, why not Orlandu, really? An argument could be made for a Tidus/Rikku banner so I can get the consolation prize, but that's at least 2 months away, probably more.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Aww man, they fixed it so you can't use meteor in Arena

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
They should just ban magic casters entirely, that's what they want to do, make it a flood of 5base meleers and Ling.

At least the amount of story content patched in was long and pretty great.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
Noooo, 6* Garnet sucks. :negative: Zidane doesn't look much better. How's the rest of the 6*s looking?

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Used some of the new story Lapis and maxed out the friend list. 369 318 546 for an 1100+ Olive, although I think I'm friends with everyone already.

Is next week still going to be FFT 1/2 pulls?

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

KDdidit posted:

Aww man, they fixed it so you can't use meteor in Arena

That blows, but as long as I can Fire Flask I should be OK.

My current haul from the FFT event:
Enough awakening mats to get all 5 of the people in my main party to 6*(Cecil, Noctis, Chizuru, Exdeath, Y'sholta)
The katana and mini-excalibur.
All Metal Gigantaurs

Next will be the fat chocobo quartz thingies, then the trust moogles.

Overall this event has skyrocketed the power of my party. If I got an Orlandeau I would probably be set for a very long time, but no luck on that front.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

KDdidit posted:

Is next week still going to be FFT 1/2 pulls?

Looks like it. Pretty nice of Gumi for those that are going ham for TGC.

turnways
Jun 22, 2004

dangerous.hotdog posted:

Looks like it. Pretty nice of Gumi for those that are going ham for TGC.

Yep, plus I think they know where their bread is getting buttered. I'm just grateful for a week to straight TM farm and clear out my drat list.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

turnways posted:

Yep, plus I think they know where their bread is getting buttered. I'm just grateful for a week to straight TM farm and clear out my drat list.

Speaking of which, I want to start farming +30% ATK materia but that +40% one might be around the corner... Bleh.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
I thought Dark Fina was going to be useless in the Arena after they corrected the Black Magic rule, but it turns out that Distress is actually better than casting Ultima with her anyway.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

MrLonghair posted:

They should just ban magic casters entirely, that's what they want to do, make it a flood of 5base meleers and Ling.

At least the amount of story content patched in was long and pretty great.

If I cared about arena beyond the half-assed effort needed to be in the top 30k per week/month I'd probably grind out 5 ribbons because gently caress YOU NOCTIS AND LING HAVERS. :argh:

I could just run Olive/Orlandu/Chizuru/CoD/Refia on the gently caress Your Black Magic weeks too, but triple Wicked Light chain with napalm or canister shot added in gets the job done well enough. Worst case scenario someone like Cecil or Refia survives, and then get promptly murdered the following round because they're no threat at all.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I still use four ExDeath and Refia. I four chain Wicked Light unless there is Cecil, then it's earth shaker. Takes longer than usual, but dualcast Refia saves the day. Still fear the Blizzard Flask though...

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

PaybackJack posted:

I thought Dark Fina was going to be useless in the Arena after they corrected the Black Magic rule, but it turns out that Distress is actually better than casting Ultima with her anyway.

Same, and retaliation ain't no slouch either.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Am I the only one getting a connection issue? I am on wifi and the connection isnt down, but the game keeps asking me to press OK when I have a better connection.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Obviously something is hosed at the moment. Maybe we'll get some compensation out of it.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
So it's safe to sell all the Ifrit raid awakening materials, crafting materials, and currency once I've gotten everything, right?

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
Aw man, I'm kinda disappointed to learn that energy caps out at 110. At least I'm in the rank 101+ party now. :unsmith:

When this event is over, would people on my list get much use out of a ~650 attack dual wield Elza? I'd put up dual wield Noctis but I only have a couple TMs at this point and no weapons, so it feels like a waste to use him when there are so many 800+ people out there to choose from.

Edit: Oh drat, that's good to know. At least you don't just stop gaining energy completely.

hamburgers in pockets fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Mar 31, 2017

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
It doesn't, it just starts increasing +1 energy/2 ranks instead of 1 rank after rank 100.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

hamburgers in pockets posted:

Aw man, I'm kinda disappointed to learn that energy caps out at 110. At least I'm in the rank 101+ party now. :unsmith:

When this event is over, would people on my list get much use out of a ~650 attack dual wield Elza? I'd put up dual wield Noctis but I only have a couple TMs at this point and no weapons, so it feels like a waste to use him when there are so many 800+ people out there to choose from.

I'm rank 106 and have 113 max energy.

AegisP posted:

It doesn't, it just starts increasing +1 energy/2 ranks instead of 1 rank after rank 100.

Checks out. I thought it was 120 at 120.

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

Is it ever worth grinding Rank to increase your energy?

I'm only rank 48, and the story quests so far are taking 13 energy per mission. Which seems a little high.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

fullTimeLurker posted:

Is it ever worth grinding Rank to increase your energy?

I'm only rank 48, and the story quests so far are taking 13 energy per mission. Which seems a little high.

I personally never rank grinded and I'm pretty high up there now. You're probably in the annoying part of the story where the energy costs get high. They should come back down as you progress.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

I rank grind when there isn't an event to blow energy on or I'm caught up with the story. It isn't required but it's nice not having to babysit the game quite so much without losing energy and if you ever TMR grind with lapis you'll get more per refill with more max energy.

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

Scrublord Prime posted:

I rank grind when there isn't an event to blow energy on or I'm caught up with the story. It isn't required but it's nice not having to babysit the game quite so much without losing energy and if you ever TMR grind with lapis you'll get more per refill with more max energy.

Yea I'm getting to the point where I want to start TMR grinding, but I should probably finish the story first so I can Rank up a bit more.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

So, how did everyone everyone's draw luck go on the raid banner?

Mad Fnorder
Apr 22, 2008
I'm just sad that by the time I crawled up to Y'shtola by points I didn't have enough moogles to get her TM instantly.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Tengames posted:

That's perfect

I got 8x Thancred's TMR, 2 Minfilias, and 1 Y'shtola's. I got two Y'shtolas too so I'm tempted to blow more coins (at 230 pulls worth) for more Moogles to get a second Shard of Genius. I wouldn't object to some more Follower's Oath for some extra HP on CoD and Mercedes, but I can also double my cash with all my coins right now, nevermind what I get with more grinding. I also crafted more FF14 gear than I'd probably ever need (enough for dual wields for Y'shtola and 2x Minfilia).

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Tengames posted:

Currently sitting on 11 Thancred TMs, 2 Minfilia TMs, a Yshtola TM, partially finished Minifilia #3 and Y'shtola #2.

And 170k coins than I'm more tempted to sell for an absolutely stupid amount of Gil than to use chasing moogles for a 2nd Y'shtola TM (though it'd be really nice for WoL).

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I have 13 Thancred TMs, 3 Minfilia TMs, 1 Shard of Genius.
I only left 1 Thancred to awaken, the others being used as TM fodder and even as XP once their TM reached 100. 4 Minfilias, with one at 20%. 3 Yshtolas, with one at 60 %.
Currently crafting enough equipment so that all the Yshtolas and Minfilias have armor and can dual wield their respective weapons.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

I never managed to pull a Y'sholta from the raid gacha after 1.7 million spent. I did thankfully get enough of her moogle to get the one I got from the Raid itself to 100% so I guess I can't really complain.

Oh poo poo, was selling off Raid materials and forgot to keep my Star Motes to get Minfilia to 6*, whelp FML.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Mar 31, 2017

Mad Fnorder
Apr 22, 2008
I take back all my Ifrit raid complaining, my daily just went Blue-Gold-Rainbow-Cid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
I made my daily: I got bediled.

Figuring I couldn't get any worse than that, I 11-pulled. Rainbow... Ramza. RAMZA THIS IS NOT YOUR FFT BANNER COME BACK WITH AN ORLANDU PLZ. :(

e: I mean I guess it's a second Brave Suit, so that's not the worst thing to pull, but still. Disappointment.

Dana Crysalis fucked around with this message at 11:05 on Mar 31, 2017

• Locked thread