Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

I made a thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

How do people feel about inspired learning? I'm debating picking up the power charge above witch start which would be pretty much completely useless to me but would enable me to use inspired learning

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

BobbyK posted:

Yeah, whisper coolwitchgal

And yes, meant 6 socket not 6 link. It's real nice having a 6 link without actually having to link it

Will do. You probably didn't mean at 8 in the morning though so I'll try again tonight. :)

J
Jun 10, 2001

TheRat posted:

I made a thing

Last time you linked a really cool item in here you ripped not long after, don't rip it :colbert:

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!
Is there a way to fully reset my passive tree to respec my character, besides getting way too many orbs of regret? Because, well, I am regretting some of the choices I had made, haha.

Otherwise I guess I could just make a new character and just... recycle whichever gems and uniques I have had drop so far.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Luisfe posted:

Is there a way to fully reset my passive tree to respec my character, besides getting way too many orbs of regret? Because, well, I am regretting some of the choices I had made, haha.

Otherwise I guess I could just make a new character and just... recycle whichever gems and uniques I have had drop so far.
Well, Orbs of Regret are called that for a reason. :v: There indeed is no way to fully reset the passive tree, other than however many regrets it will take.

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Well, Orbs of Regret are called that for a reason. :v: There indeed is no way to fully reset the passive tree, other than however many regrets it will take.

Figures that that would not be something that was changed.

Someone linked this image to me yesterday, someone really must have been pissed off that day.

drat game is fantastic. I have played on and off for a while but never got past finishing the first difficulty, decided to play a while to wait for Diablo 3 on the PS4 to get its first season.
Now? I do not feel like going back to D3 at ALL after trying the new league, and am currently stuck at act 1 Merciless. Goddamn game is much better than I remembered it being a while ago, haha.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

There's pretty much no way thats not a setup in some way. There's definitely another person in there ready to pick it up.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

TheRat posted:

There's pretty much no way thats not a setup in some way. There's definitely another person in there ready to pick it up.
Could be just a photoshop.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Saw this on reddit, a cool way of using vorici to roll off-color sockets on something. Start with 2 sockets, color them how you want. Then use the vorici 3 socket mod, which will add a 3rd randomly colored socket but keep the original 2 the same. If the 3rd socket is the wrong color, use the vorici 2 socket mod to remove it. This doesn't change the colors of the original 2 sockets. Repeat until you get the 3rd socket with the color you want. Then do the same process with the vorici 4 and 3 socket mods to add a 4th off color socket. The guy claims this also works with the reduced attribute requirements mod for rolling off color vaal regalias and such.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

J posted:

Saw this on reddit, a cool way of using vorici to roll off-color sockets on something. Start with 2 sockets, color them how you want. Then use the vorici 3 socket mod, which will add a 3rd randomly colored socket but keep the original 2 the same. If the 3rd socket is the wrong color, use the vorici 2 socket mod to remove it. This doesn't change the colors of the original 2 sockets. Repeat until you get the 3rd socket with the color you want. Then do the same process with the vorici 4 and 3 socket mods to add a 4th off color socket. The guy claims this also works with the reduced attribute requirements mod for rolling off color vaal regalias and such.

This game is so loving cool

In other news, I found a xoph's heart on my hc ssf ed/contagion witch at level 37. now I want to reroll as a pizza sticks dude and send that thing to standard. is there some other, better ssf build to rip with it on me?

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord

Guess which one I exalted.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

TheRat posted:

I made a thing

doom dome doom dome DOOM DOME DOOM DOME

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

theshim posted:

doom dome doom dome DOOM DOME DOOM DOME

A DOOOM DOME???

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Mince Pieface posted:

A DOOOM DOME???

That's right! Owner of the Doomsdale Doomadome!

Silhouette Wires
May 9, 2014

Never Knows Best

Venuz Patrol posted:

That's right! Owner of the Doomsdale Doomadome!

:discourse:

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Is there a convenient way to buy essences in bulk?

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011
There have been a few Brutus Lead Sprinkler builds floating around focusing on Molten Strike. Are any other attack skills viable, like say infernal blow? Or do the new jewels for MS make it way better than anything else that will work with the Lead Sprinklers? I've seen 3 different builds that focus on the sprinklers and they all use molten strike, and molten strike feels kind of wonky to play with.

Haerc fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Mar 30, 2017

palecur
Nov 3, 2002

not too simple and not too kind
Fallen Rib
I'm running an Essence Drain Occultist right now, and I'm curious why none of the builds I see online use Blight, which I find quite valuable for blowtorching chumps who get too close. Is there a reason nobody talks about it?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

ziggy was using ancestral warchief on his sprinkler guy before he died

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

palecur posted:

I'm running an Essence Drain Occultist right now, and I'm curious why none of the builds I see online use Blight, which I find quite valuable for blowtorching chumps who get too close. Is there a reason nobody talks about it?

usually it's because damaging skills benefit significantly from linking up a pile of support gems. i dunno the specifics of your build, but if you're dual wielding or using spirit shields you will only get to six-link a single skill with your body armor. that means only your primary skill, which i assume is essence drain, is going to be six linked, and that means your essence drain damage is going to absolutely dwarf any other skill you could fit elsewhere

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
help I'm dumb and want to do a viper strike build

are there any good ones

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

animatorZed posted:

Question about this. I've been running blade flurry with Bino's and Death's hand, since I got both blackheart and the prophecy so I made my own voidheart.
Was thinking about respeccing this to claw, either with blade flurry or spectral throw so I could take the soul taker node since my leech isn't great currently and a max roll mortem morsu dropped recently.

The mortem morsu poisonous hit should mean I don't need the voidheart, right?

Also, I tried swapping the dagger nodes for claw with the new items in PoB and the listed damage / DPS is way lower than with the Bino's. I feel like something's wrong though because the listed DPS for Bino's seems way higher than I remember from last time I opened PoB and the average damage unbuffed doesn't match my standing in hideout which I think it used to do.
I guess I should just actually try it, since its not that many respec points even if I want to revert back.

What's a 5L gem setup with morsu?
For Bino's I've been using blade flurry, melee physical, increased crit damage, increased area, and faster attacks.

I don't know if the DPS is better or worse with Bino's because it's mostly irrelevant and you do "enough" either way. The 5L is BF - Added Chaos - Inc AoE - Void Manipulation - Crit Damage and you drop all the pure phys on the tree except for the ones that happen to be connected to relevant leech/crit nodes. I'm lvl 84 as a CI version of the build, copying PoEDan's build here: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/PoEDan79/characters?characterName=DanFinalDip.

The 6th link is Faster Attacks. PoB has my Release at 6 DPS as the following (Onslaught Flask, Diamond Flask, 6 Power Charges, 0 Frenzy, Assassin's Mark):

0 Wither, Inc AoE: 4965 average hit, 103k hit DPS, 318k DPS with Poison
10 Wither, Inc AoE: 8045 average hit, 167k hit DPS, 760k DPS with Poison
20 Wither, Inc AoE: 11126 average hit, 231k hit DPS, 1.39 DPS with Poison
0 Wither, Conc: 7576 average hit, 157k hit DPS, 657k DPS with Poison
10 Wither, Conc: 12276 average hit, 255k hit DPS, 1.63m DPS with Poison
20 Wither, Conc: 16977 average hit, 352k hit DPS, 3.04m DPS with Poison

And mind you these numbers are with lvl 19/0 quality gems and I'm lvl 84 so I still haven't picked up Potency of Will yet. My character is here: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Ultima66/characters?characterName=GetHoisted. I don't think this does as much as pure phys builds, but it doesn't need to because the whole point is to ignore reflect while still being able to kill every boss trivially fast. I think you will hit much higher numbers than this if you use Cherrubim's Maleficence as a life build as well, especially with Blood Rage because Frenzy Charges double dip. I wouldn't be surprised if a life-based version of the build with optimized Jewelry could break 10 million DPS with poison.

E: There's a lot of variants you can work with for the Rings/tree variants/weapon. There's 2 things you need to ensure though. First of all, you need 100% chance to poison, through a combination of Dirty Techniques, Assassin nodes, Voidheart, Legacy Voidheart, Dagger chance to poison on Crit, or Mortem Morsu. Second, you have to not miss, which means you either use a Vagan crafted weapon or Lycosidae. I'm currently trying to save for a legacy Voidheart so I can switch to a Vagan weapon + high ES shield, in an attempt to eventually hit 10k ES while wearing Incandescent Heart. Mortem Morsu + Lycosidae just happen to be trivially cheap, and get you around 90% of the way to the best possible setup while fulfilling both conditions.

Ultima66 fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Mar 30, 2017

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

TheRat posted:

I made a thing

Yowza

YoungSexualNorton
Aug 8, 2004
These are good for the children's brains.

Haerc posted:

There have been a few Brutus Lead Sprinkler builds floating around focusing on Molten Strike. Are any other attack skills viable, like say infernal blow? Or do the new jewels for MS make it way better than anything else that will work with the Lead Sprinklers? I've seen 3 different builds that focus on the sprinklers and they all use molten strike, and molten strike feels kind of wonky to play with.

Molten strike is definitely a middling skill for dealing with packs even with threshold jewels in tow. It is quite good for single targets though, which infernal blow is atrocious for. The base damage when your melee and multiple projectiles are all hitting the same target is huge.

Either way, I don't think you're compelled to use a fire conversion skill since most of your damage is flat added fire. Obviously you are going to lose out a little bit on un-converted damage but I think you could do ok with sunder, ice crash, etc because they're much better base skills. Earthquake doesn't make as much sense for a fast-ish one hander but there would be very little respec required to try other mace skills (unless you were pathing down to point blank or something).

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer

palecur posted:

That's generally a pretty bad idea. Stuff that doesn't hit that hard will get crushed by ED/Contagion in a shorter amount of time. Stuff that could benefit from even more damage generally hits for a lot and kiting it while letting ED and Decay do it's thing is lot better that facetanking said thing with a bad blight.

That said, I run an unlinked Blight for what effectively amounts to a 2sec root on demand.

Canine Blues Arooo fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Mar 30, 2017

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
molten strike seems like a nightmare to actually clear end game content with, but i forgive it for all its faults for the absurdity of the fire type beyond unique that hits you with like a 26 projectile molten strike as one of its attacks

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

ZiggyD is running Warchief Totem with Lead Sprinklers, and you can use them with any good skill that works with a 1h Mace that attacks relatively fast.

The problem is most of those skills aren't actually good to use.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Venuz Patrol posted:

molten strike seems like a nightmare to actually clear end game content with, but i forgive it for all its faults for the absurdity of the fire type beyond unique that hits you with like a 26 projectile molten strike as one of its attacks

From what Ive seen its a fantastic boss killer but its slow on general clear even with increased aoe and the mandatory extra projectile enchant.

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011
Would it work with cyclone?

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Hello portal effect good bye lovely challenges.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Duck and Cover posted:

Hello portal effect good bye lovely challenges.

What did you end up not doing? For me it was perandus, maps, grinds and talisman bosses

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Ultima66 posted:

ZiggyD is running
was. he died in the next uber lab run after finding a mirror (not with the mirror)

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

Jusupov posted:

What did you end up not doing? For me it was perandus, maps, grinds and talisman bosses

Same except I didn't do warbands, got a fair amount of talisman bosses (including rigwald) by sharing with a goon so that was easier to finish.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Jusupov posted:

Same, assuming maps is tri stone t6+.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
if you're willing to spend for some talisman leaguestones that drop tier 2 talismans you can probably clear all those bosses pretty quickly (with a little bit of luck generating shrines). the suffix for that mod is "of the first ones"

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Random Question - how rare are Lucky Deck div cards? I just got one, and I'm wondering if it'd be worth my time to try for a full set.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

theshim posted:

help I'm dumb and want to do a viper strike build

are there any good ones

A: Adapt the Mortem build and focus on scaling poison damage.

B: Slayer with Starforge?

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Duck and Cover posted:

Same, assuming maps is tri stone t6+.

It was. I had blocked what it really was from my mind already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Haerc posted:

Earthquake Sunder or Ancestral Warchief.

• Locked thread