Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

mlmp08 posted:

I'm not a person from TX but lived there or had my spouse living there for nearly a decade. It was chill and cool, but we also lived in a majority Hispanic blue city followed by a different city where we were just a few miles from a major university.

Basically, Texas is too big to generalize. Tiny towns in TX can be pretty sad or sketchy.

Cities are a whole different planet from the rest of Texas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Yeah our experience was largely decent sized cities or middle of nowhere nature/park/camping.

My spouse went to some proper reddneck middle of nowhere towns for work where people were pretty open about suspect beliefs.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
EPA is now ignoring its own studies on a pesticide that was found to cause neurological issues in children :psyduck:

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

CommieGIR posted:

EPA is now ignoring its own studies on a pesticide that was found to cause neurological issues in children :psyduck:

If the old people in charge have to die soon why should kids be any different? I guess you're a dumb liberal who doesn't believe in equality.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

BBC has a good story up on the Steele Dosier.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39435786

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Reverand maynard posted:

there is no way someone doesn't try that. Imagine being the hacker that gets some politicians dick bitten off by his robotic gently caress doll.

Republicans are going to be safe unless someone makes a teen boy sex doll.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

orange juche posted:

Cities are a whole different planet from the rest of Texas.

How can you tell the difference between Texas Republicans and Texas Democrats? A Republican will tell you they just don't want the brown people around. A Democrat will tell you they don't want them around because it might harm their property values.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different

CommieGIR posted:

Awesome, can't wait until Trump signs an EO mandating the FDA to unban Thalidomide.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009

CommieGIR posted:

How else are you going to keep the maturing population voting Republican? If it's not a 7 digit worth then it's going to have to be a dose of brain damage.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Missionary Positron posted:

Awesome, can't wait until Trump signs an EO mandating the FDA to unban Thalidomide.

hey, less children having hands around will make his look massive as a result

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

You don't want to know what he has to do to keep his cock looking big.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

:drat:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

How else are you going to keep the maturing population voting Republican? If it's not a 7 digit worth then it's going to have to be a dose of brain damage.

That explains the failure to act on Flint water lead levels. Current studies say lead exposure during childhood can carry on for up to 40 years.

Future GOP voters.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

You don't want to know what he has to do to keep his cock looking big.
Ivanka bring the pump!

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Pull up, thread!!!

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Donnie dumbfuck is tweeting and being stupid again: https://twitter.com/JakeSherman/status/847441309300211714

And a republican senator is making GBS threads on Ryan because Ryan said 'if we don't get our act together, Donnie will go to democrats and we can't have that' https://twitter.com/CahnEmily/status/847441411393835008

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Donnie dumbfuck now being attacked by republican freedom caucus members or caucus-aligned republicans.

https://twitter.com/justinamash/status/847448570081005568

https://twitter.com/RepThomasMassie/status/847448896708108290

Meanwhile, looks like the House effort to restart healthcare is dying again.

https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/847450674228940808

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Mar 30, 2017

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Proud Christian Mom posted:

How can you tell the difference between Texas Republicans and Texas Democrats? A Republican will tell you they just don't want the brown people around. A Democrat will tell you they don't want them around because it might harm their property values.

I assumed one is behind the steering wheel of the pickup truck and the other is behind the bumper.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
The Senate Intelligence Committee investigation of Russian interference is on now

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
^ :fap:

Capn Beeb posted:

All I want out of that show is Ed Harris' pimp rear end gun

Not the schizo blonde?

Edit: There was a standoff at the Bunny Ranch, according to this testimony.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Mar 30, 2017

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
This guy calling for Trump's tax returns to find any connections to Russian influences.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Piell posted:

This guy calling for Trump's tax returns to find any connections to Russian influences.

They were also talking about that they are certain that the Russian's ran interference against Rubio during the campaign, at least for Trump's benefit.

Rubio looked pretty shocked.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

That's because Rubio is an idiot and now has no idea what to do about it.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Godholio posted:

That's because Rubio is an idiot and now has no idea what to do about it.

Naturally, but these reports are only going to further embolden the HFC against Trump.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

I really like this Clinton Watts guy.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Godholio posted:

I really like this Clinton Watts guy.

:same:

EDIT: :lol: Tom Cotton asking if this is all really just Obama's fault.

Handsome Ralph fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Mar 30, 2017

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Godholio posted:

^ :fap:

Not the schizo blonde?

Edit: There was a standoff at the Bunny Ranch, according to this testimony.

Why can't we have both? Dolores with a LeMat revolver?

I learned about LeMats from a Clive Cussler book where Dirk Pitt uses one to save his congresswoman girlfriend from an evil Asian brainwashing boat with the help of some civil war reenactors aboard a steam-powered riverboat

it was dumb as fuuuuuuuck.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

MA-Horus posted:

I learned about LeMats from a Clive Cussler book where Dirk Pitt uses one to save his congresswoman girlfriend from an evil Asian brainwashing boat with the help of some civil war reenactors aboard a steam-powered riverboat

That one was definitely worse than the book where they traveled to Antarctica and discovered the lost city of Atlantis

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Handsome Ralph posted:

:same:

EDIT: :lol: Tom Cotton asking if this is all really just Obama's fault.
I hate that Arkansas piece of traitor poo poo so loving much.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Pesticide20 posted:

That one was definitely worse than the book where they traveled to Antarctica and discovered the lost city of Atlantis

Excuse me

That's the lost city of Nazi Atlantis.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Roy Godson (a former NSC consultant) had a hot mic as they closed out the session, and said "That was good. Almost too good." in regards to the hearing.

Take that as you will, but between him and Watts, that was incredibly informative.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
Has stuff started mattering yet? Please tell me it has.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Missionary Positron posted:

Has stuff started mattering yet? Please tell me it has.

basically the senate didnt trip over themselves trying to not gently caress up a meeting as hard as they could and had a hearing

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
Summary of the Senate committee so far: Russia 100% definitely was working to get Trump elected.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

There were about 1% of the stupid posturing questions the House hearings had last week with Comey and Rogers.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

MA-Horus posted:

I learned about the LeMat from the Deathlands series books.

More chilling and slightly more believable than cussler trash.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

basically the senate didnt trip over themselves trying to not gently caress up a meeting as hard as they could and had a hearing

Yeah Cotton seemed to be the only one with the weird "but Obama is to blame" statement. Even Cornyn seemed to be pretty levelheaded and unlike his usual self during this.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
I honestly have high hopes for the Senate Intel committee. Every indication is that they're going to take 6-8 months, interview people properly, and politics aren't really a factor. The Republican/Democratic ranking members have already said a lot of kumbaya stuff, though Burr is still a generic Republican douche about ducking some talking points.

Also Justin Amash is a libertarian douche, but he's consistent and hates Donnie, so enjoy: https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/847488739521609730

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Current Events : The Bradd Jaffy retweet echo chamber.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

realtalk that was a perfect response from the douche

• Locked thread