Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The MSJ posted:

Modern IT should just forget about the clowns. Kid should look into the drain hole and there's an old white man in a suit saying "Kid, do you hate gays? What about Muslims? Why don't you join me in the sewers and we can get rid of all the gays and Muslims? I'll pay you."

It's terrific down here, very yuge. You'll love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

:stare:

Hahahahahahahaha

When did these movies get badass all of a sudden?! The last one certainly wasn't!

hope is a lie

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Rumor is WB is offering Jordan Peele his choice of The Flash or Akira along with a dump truck full of money

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

The only person I trust to direct Akira is Denis Villeneuve

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Yeah, Denis Villeneuve would be amazing but it's super rad to see Peele become an A-list director in the space of like 18 months.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

hiddenmovement posted:

Nah that's a creeper move that only the very thirstiest dude in the pub pulls.

lol

edit: and they're always 60, trying to get some sort of action with a 21 year old. Keep at it Grandpa, I'm sure it'll work out.

edit 2:

Groovelord Neato posted:

they really should've had pennywise talks in the teaser. i feel bad for that dude no matter how good the movie actually is there's no way he's as good as tim curry was.

I forgot how amazingly creepy his rough sounding NYC accent or whatever sounds.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Vegetable posted:

The only person I trust to direct Akira is Denis Villeneuve
no. please. he's fine. he's good. you don't have to give him everything

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Akira by luc besson

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

It's the most English thing in the world to believe that all physical contact between humans is sex or fighting

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Joel Schumacher's JoJo's Bizarre Adventure

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

DeimosRising posted:

It's the most English thing in the world to believe that all physical contact between humans is sex or fighting

Not just english

(Nsfw) https://youtu.be/jkRtoWkxGHE

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

well why not posted:

Yeah, Denis Villeneuve would be amazing but it's super rad to see Peele become an A-list director in the space of like 18 months.

I just hope his career arc doesn't end up looking like Josh Trank's.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Well I did hear Trank was doing a Capone biopic with Tom Hardy, so maybe he'll be o-k

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

Joel Schumacher's JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
I'd rather have Baz Luhrman do that one.

Everyone trots out David Lynch's Evangelion, but to do it right it would have to be Lynch one month, then Cronenberg's Evangelion 1.0 the next.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I really do want to see a well done Hollywood JoJos though. Maybe it'd kick off a wave of live action anime after the superhero fad is worn out

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
David Cronenberg's Tomoe.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Just get a Cronenberg for Akira. I'm pretty sure Antiviral was fine. I dunno I only watched the first 20 minutes. I liked that creepy white dude who looks like he should be a Culkin and was in Get Out.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Neo Rasa posted:

David Cronenberg's Tomoe.

Cronenberg either needs to do a Tetsuo remake or a Roujin Z adaptation, depending on how he's feeling.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Tars Tarkas posted:

Rumor is WB is offering Jordan Peele his choice of The Flash or Akira along with a dump truck full of money

Man, even thou I hope that an Akira movie is stillborn, I would argue for Peele just to have it have at least one black male lead. Re-imagine the whole film as The Warriors meets Scanners and Firestarter.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

FilthyImp posted:

I'd rather have Baz Luhrman do that one.

Nah, Jojo requires a certain full immersion camp that only the man who directed Batman Forever and wrote the screenplay for The Wiz can reach, even Luhrmann would flinch in the face of JJBA. I am 100% serious.

Cronenberg should do Monster and Peele would be perfect for a Junji Ito joint. Give Evangelion to Mel Gibson.

DarkSol
May 18, 2006

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.

Alejandro Jodorowsky's Paprika or Akira.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
You sure we don't want Gore Verbinski? Didn't he build a literal underwater set for Bioshock before scrap?

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

Nah, Jojo requires a certain full immersion camp that only the man who directed Batman Forever and wrote the screenplay for The Wiz can reach, even Luhrmann would flinch in the face of JJBA. I am 100% serious.

Cronenberg should do Monster and Peele would be perfect for a Junji Ito joint. Give Evangelion to Mel Gibson.

Gibson would be better off with Angel Cop with the original Japanese plot line that it was a giant Jewish conspiracy.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
The Dark Tower footage sounds as bad as IT looks good:

https://io9.gizmodo.com/we-have-seen-the-first-footage-from-the-dark-tower-1793703645

quote:

There is a showdown between Roland and the Man in Black (Matthew McConaughey) in a wooded area. Roland shoots at him as the Man in Black walks away, but the Man in Black catches Roland’s bullet behind his back and says, “The Tower will fall, Roland.”

[...]

"Now we kick into a montage. Lots of action here, most of which involves lots of Roland shooting his guns, which, at one point, have sections that are glowing blue. He loads the guns incredibly, incredibly quickly and his belt is lined with magazines of bullets. We see Roland jumping through the air shooting. Next, he shows down in a hallway with the Man in Black. Roland shoots glass above him, but the Man in Black stops it and shoots it at Roland. Roland then runs and slides on his knees under it the glass."

I wanted "The Man in Black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed." Sounds like we might be getting this instead:

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

DarkSol posted:

hands off the satoshi kon

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

People who read the Dark Tower books tell me that is not even half as insane as the stuff Roland did in the pre-movie cycle.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

DarkSol posted:

Except Inception and Chronicle both exist? Those are probably the best case scenarios for western anime adaptations, aka not adaptations at all but "inspired by"s.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Phanatic posted:

https://io9.gizmodo.com/we-have-seen-the-first-footage-from-the-dark-tower-1793703645

I wanted "The Man in Black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed." Sounds like we might be getting this instead:

Maybe if they take out the really stupid parts of the books, the really stupid things they're adding will balance out?

Definitely not the kind of movie I was hoping for if that's true, though.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Young Freud posted:

Man, even thou I hope that an Akira movie is stillborn, I would argue for Peele just to have it have at least one black male lead. Re-imagine the whole film as The Warriors meets Scanners and Firestarter.

Honestly, replacing 80s japanese motorcycle gangs with modern black gangs fits way too well.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

The MSJ posted:

People who read the Dark Tower books tell me that is not even half as insane as the stuff Roland did in the pre-movie cycle.

I've only made it to midway through book 4 but there's been:

(Spoilers in case anyone cares)

-Lobster men that crippled one of Roland's hands and nearly killed him
-Three free standing doors on a beach that each open to New York in different years where Roland observes three different people ultimately bringing two of the three into his world
-One of those people is a black woman with DID who bounces between prim and proper and violently racist and horrible until the reconcile and fuse into one mind. Also she's in a wheelchair
-A cyborg bear infected with various diseases that's gone batshit insane
-Blane the Mono a monorail with an AI that's gone suicidal and gets stopped by riddles straight out of the Bilbo Baggins book of Bullshit Riddles

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Phanatic posted:

Execution is everything. I can't really say if it's dumb or not based on someone's written description of what appear to be every action scene spliced together. That said, this is definitely one of those movies I'm going to hold off on seeing until I get a sense of the word of mouth around it.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Len posted:

-Three free standing doors on a beach that each open to New York in different years where Roland observes three different people ultimately bringing two of the three into his world
-One of those people is a black woman with DID who bounces between prim and proper and violently racist and horrible until the reconcile and fuse into one mind. Also she's in a wheelchair
-Blane the Mono a monorail with an AI that's gone suicidal and gets stopped by riddles straight out of the Bilbo Baggins book of Bullshit Riddles

They weren't lobster men, just weird hosed up lobsters. And the cyborg bear had a satellite dish on it's head.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Just get a Cronenberg for Akira. I'm pretty sure Antiviral was fine. I dunno I only watched the first 20 minutes. I liked that creepy white dude who looks like he should be a Culkin and was in Get Out.

Antiviral was a movie whose premise was both completely ridiculous on an intellectual level yet felt completely plausible in terms of how it depicted celebrity-fan culture evolving.

Enola Gay-For-Pay posted:

They weren't lobster men, just weird hosed up lobsters. And the cyborg bear had a satellite dish on it's head.

A Dark Tower movie without "da-da-chee, da-dum-dee" or "commala-commala-come" or some other nonsense repeated Stephen King phrase will be Not My Tower.

SEX HAVER 40000
Aug 6, 2009

no doves fly here lol

Len posted:

So Dark Tower is on some Grant Morrison poo poo. I guess I should actually read the series.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

SEX HAVER 40000 posted:

So Dark Tower is on some Grant Morrison poo poo. I guess I should actually read the series.

Fair warning, I think the general consensus is that the series goes downhill pretty fast. Whether its descent starts after the third or fourth book is debatable.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I know it apparently crosses over with some other Stephen King properties, so is this being done by the same studio doing It?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Chairman Capone posted:

A Dark Tower movie without "da-da-chee, da-dum-dee" or "commala-commala-come" or some other nonsense repeated Stephen King phrase will be Not My Tower.

The trailer should just be Idris Elba saying "Say thank ya sai."

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Phylodox posted:

Fair warning, I think the general consensus is that the series goes downhill pretty fast. Whether its descent starts after the third or fourth book is debatable.

I hit a dead stop in the fourth book because it's all about Roland as a teenager and I just wanted them to stop talking and get on with it

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

SEX HAVER 40000 posted:

Stephen King himself makes an appearance in the book.

parallelodad posted:

I know it apparently crosses over with some other Stephen King properties, so is this being done by the same studio doing It?

I remember a few crossovers, like Roland encountering some creatures from The Mist or a portal leading to the Dark Tower world in From A Buick 8. I heard The Man In Black is also supposed to Randall Flagg,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Is the fourth book Wizard and Glass? That's the only one I've actually read part of, but it was enjoyable. They fought a robot train and Captain Kirked it.

• Locked thread