Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

Gorilla Salad posted:

Ditto, English.

As in "deaf, dumb and blind"

Sure plays a mean pinball, though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
well folks my wife is at it again, she caught me drinking beers behind the mower shed so now she's stuffing her nose into my mouth to measure my levels of intoxication. thankfully her family wheat allergy flares up any time she does this immediately after i eat bread so my new routine is to wait for her to settle down for one of her Ironman Powernaps, then i immediately chug a quarter mason jar of moonshine & greedily horf down an entire loaf of grocery store garlic bread such that when she awakes and screeches for my breath she gets a big ole cloud of Celiac Poison. :getin: ahhhhh do,estic bliss! im so glad my life 24/7 proves these childfree redpillers right, 24/7!

~a r e a s o n a b l e m a n w r o t e ~

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014
stdh.txt, or at least I hope it didn't.

I [21 F] received a message on Facebook from an employee at a company I applied for a couple of weeks ago [M 30?] - I feel upset and stupid. Non-Romantic

quote:

2,569 points 564 comments submitted 1 year ago by Stpthrwy to r/relationships
Sorry if this is terrible, I'm on my mobile.

I'm not sure if I should even be posting here, but I really didn't know where else to ask and I have no idea what to do and I feel truly terrible.

I applied for a job at a company a couple of weeks ago, really seemed like a job I'd like to do. It was becoming a junior web designer at a company. I'd been interested in it for a while and I have been teaching myself how to do it amongst other things by using books, reddit and just reading about it online. It's been fun and I've been loving it. Anyway, I work at a typical job, a supermarket and I have been looking for another job for a while as I wanted a career and to start doing something with my life. I mainly do online job searching. I saw the job advertisement for a junior web designer at this company and they said they would teach you everything on the job, no experience needed. Seemed ideal to me and I thought I'd give it a shot. What's the worst that can happen? So a couple of days after applying I got a e-mail and then a phone call from HR and they said they wanted me to come in for a first round interview. Of course I said yes.

I went along to the interview, very nervous as this was the first 'real' job I've ever had an interview for. I asked for advice from some co-workers and that helped me feel better and get a clearer head. I got there a littl early and waited nervously.

The assessments were for English, Maths and Logic. Now, I will be the first to admit, I do really suck at maths. I just don't get it. I can't really do it. I'm not totally unable but it gets hazy when percentages, fractions, diving large numbers, times tables, ect it gets hard for me. But I have been trying to improve my maths! It sounds stupid but I've been doing maths homework with my younger brother who is in secondary school, final year, and it's been helping me out loads. I got maths training games too.

So I did the assessments and I didn't really do well at the maths I thought. I came out of the interview feeling unconfident but I tried to not let that show through. They said they will be in contact with me.

A day later, I got a Facebook message in my outbox and it was from someone I didn't know. I read through this message and was gobsmacked. I don't know what to think. Here is the message:

"Hi OP,
I am just e-mailing you to let you know you definitely won't be getting there job at _____. You are a different shade of absolute stupidity. I work here and I'm the head of the department of which you applied for. I would never in my life ever employ someone who is as utterly simple and unable to do maths. It's a shame as you aced your other tests. But English and logic aren't a sign of intelligence to me. Maths is. You should be ashamed of yourself and go pick up a maths book and learn. No one will take you seriously in life. I seriously hope you take my advice. Your life won't be anything more than menial jobs.
Take care,
rear end in a top hat."

Reddit. I am so upset. I know he's right. I am stupid. I just don't know what to think. What the hell do I do?! I feel worthless.

tl;dr: Applied for job, suck at maths, did assessments, head f dpt who analysed tests messaging me on fb calling me stupid, I won't do anything with my life, ect.

EDIT: I can't reply to any comments because the post is locked and I went to sleep soon after posting this as it was getting late. I will when I can. I do really appreciate all of the comments and advice. I have some thinking to do about how to go forward with this. Also, I say 'maths' because I'm from the UK. That's just how we say it.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Bubblyblubber posted:

I [21 F] received a message on Facebook from an employee at a company I applied for a couple of weeks ago [M 30?] - I feel upset and stupid. Non-Romantic

I'm American and every time I read "maths" my brain trips. Just fell down the the stairs, there.

Also glad flour date couple are happy together in that update. :3:

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

well folks my wife is at it again, she caught me drinking beers behind the mower shed so now she's stuffing her nose into my mouth to measure my levels of intoxication. thankfully her family wheat allergy flares up any time she does this immediately after i eat bread so my new routine is to wait for her to settle down for one of her Ironman Powernaps, then i immediately chug a quarter mason jar of moonshine & greedily horf down an entire loaf of grocery store garlic bread such that when she awakes and screeches for my breath she gets a big ole cloud of Celiac Poison. :getin: ahhhhh do,estic bliss! im so glad my life 24/7 proves these childfree redpillers right, 24/7!

~a r e a s o n a b l e m a n w r o t e ~

This made me laugh so hard it woke my wife up.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Buzkashi posted:

Edit: And something infuriating

I [26F] just got dumped by bf [24m] of 2 years. Now we're moving together 1500 miles away. WTF is wrong w/ me?!?!

I can't wait for one of them to get into their first relationship in their new lives and the following happens:

- The other gets extremely jealous and tries to get back together or they have a blow up fight and never speak again
- The new SO finds out about their past and leaves them over it

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Play posted:

I know plenty about it, and operant conditioning is the way animals are trained. You're completely right that it's also teaching, but the two things are not mutually exclusive. It's teaching on the only level possible in the situation, and I definitely don't agree that it's a bad thing but some people do feel that way unfortunately.

I spoke to my gf about why some don't like Autism Speaks. One complaint is the lack of high-functioning autists in upper positions. The other is that people see their advertisements as scare-mongering. The ads are just ways to encourage donations for the cause so I don't agree with the complaints, but they do make the suggestion that autism is horrible and a tragedy for everyone involved. Obviously not everyone who has autism or an autistic family member can bring themselves to agree with that and I suppose I can understand that.

They also focus their resources on finding a "cure" for autism when some people believe more should go to families to help them cope. Both points of view are legitimate I suppose, with the first being more optimistic.

I like the point that someone made: being logical without taking into account human emotions isn't actually logical. Presumably the most logical solution to a problem takes every factor into account.

Operant conditioning is literally the only way organisms learn. Calling it animal training grossly and deliberately over-simplifies things. Its not some 'lower-level teaching' - your college professor, 5th grade teacher, boss, parents, literally every instance in which you learn is operant conditioning. It is not just some form of clicker training. There's a whole sub-discipline of ABA that deals with college instructional design, another for organizational management, etc.

Edit: A behavior technician is a high school diploma level position that requires no actual experience or education in the field. Please don't present yourself as an expert on ABA.

Autism Speaks spends a lot on research on the cause of autism and the treatment of autism. They will help more people in the long run answering those questions than giving a handful of families money for treatment.

There's issues with Autism Speaks, for sure. Admin/advertising spending is crazy high, and they need more representation of autism in their leaders. Their ads are an issue - things like videos of kids with autism beating the poo poo out of people. I don't like them, because it just creates fear and stigma. But I also hate the push to pretend that low-functioning autism doesn't exist. Autism isn't some super-power, and it can be a huge loving tragedy. Unless you don't consider cases like a kid gouging out their own eyes or wandering into the woods at 2am a tragedy, I guess.

Dienes fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Mar 30, 2017

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Bubblyblubber posted:

Well, that took a turn. I missed the non-romantic tag and I guessed that it would be the interviewer asking the lady out on a date. Jesus, send that email to his management and HR and file a complaint with the company.

My brain also goes wonky when it sees/hears maths, but since she's using that version of the word there might actually be some protections or something in place from the government. At least a sternly worded letter from the Queen Mum about how disappointed she is or something.

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007

54 40 or gently caress posted:

There's this guy on Facebook a friend exposed me to who thinks his autism makes him genetically superior to everyone around him because he is completely logical and detached from most emotions and/or doesn't understand them. He is also constantly posting insane Zionist conspiracy theory videos, casually throws around vitriolic racism, sexism and misogyny etc and writes small novels about these topics regularly, commenting on his own posts to elaborate. It's really a sight to behold.

I work in engineering, I think I have a dozen of these guys on Facebook.

Every single one has the word 'libertarian' in their profile.

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.

Dienes posted:

Operant conditioning is literally the only way organisms learn.

This isn't even a little true.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Bubblyblubber posted:

I completely believe this happened, it sounds exactly like the kind of thing an engineer in the IT department would do to a female applicant

I'm really only surprised he didn't make a pass at her while he was at it.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Mirthless posted:

I completely believe this happened, it sounds exactly like the kind of thing an engineer in the IT department would do to a female applicant

Not surprising since it's STDH.txt created directly to court the confirmation bias of idiots. Mission accomplished.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

it's distilled Reddit so yeah 90% karma whoring 10% the tech guy's a r/redpiller currently crowing over his version in his own sub

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Hats Wouldnt Fly posted:

This isn't even a little true.

If you squint at it sideways, and break it way down to absolute minimal levels, it's sorta right? Like, other forms of learning build on it?

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

new phone who dis posted:

Not surprising since it's STDH.txt created directly to court the confirmation bias of idiots. Mission accomplished.

lol I always assumed you worked in a STEM field given the way you post but I guess not????

There's a great deal of sexism to go around in this industry and while it doesn't happen in every company and in every department lol if you think it doesn't happen at all

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

54 40 or gently caress posted:

There's this guy on Facebook a friend exposed me to who thinks his autism makes him genetically superior to everyone around him because he is completely logical and detached from most emotions and/or doesn't understand them. He is also constantly posting insane Zionist conspiracy theory videos, casually throws around vitriolic racism, sexism and misogyny etc and writes small novels about these topics regularly, commenting on his own posts to elaborate. It's really a sight to behold.

I work with someone like this. She fuckin hates "illegal immigrants" and old people who have the audacity to apply for Medicaid when they still pay premiums on life insurance (that they've probably paying into before they got sick) and she turns every conversation into saying awful things about various groups of people we are supposed to be helping. We process paperwork for health and human services.

I don't think she realizes, when she goes off about "illegal immigrants", that the sites she reads her bullshit on use that as code for all Latinos. We have a lot of Latinos in our office and she is loud. She also thinks no Muslim should be allowed to come to the U.S. I don't bother trying to talk to her because somehow she turns every conversation into a way for her to loudly proclaim her awful opinions.

The other people I've met with aspbergers have been perfectly nice and feel awful when they don't pick up on social cues.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Web design doesn't really require any math that you can't just do with a calculator in 5 seconds.

I hope people are telling that girl to contact HR about their employee being wildly inappropriate.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Mirthless posted:

lol I always assumed you worked in a STEM field given the way you post but I guess not????

There's a great deal of sexism to go around in this industry and while it doesn't happen in every company and in every department lol if you think it doesn't happen at all

Maybe so but that post is fake as gently caress. It's "Albert Einstein" levels of distilled fake bullshit. My favorite part was when the guy supposedly sending her the message to gently caress with her just had to mention that she "aced" all the other tests.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Mirthless posted:

I saw that one and didn't post is because it's "then everyone clapped" nonsense, it's barely coherent. The letter sounds more like the OP's imagination and self-loathing than something a real human typed and wrote to an interviewee.

Like, do you interview people? Have you ever felt any desire to contact someone who bombed your interview? There's no part of that that isn't incredibly awkward, it's nonsensical.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Maybe so but that post is fake as gently caress. It's "Albert Einstein" levels of distilled fake bullshit. My favorite part was when the guy supposedly sending her the message to gently caress with her just had to mention that she "aced" all the other tests.

I dunno. I've known a few mathematically retarded art and English majors. I ended up in remedial math courses with them in college when I failed higher poo poo due to mandatory attendance policies.

Pebergehund
Jan 21, 2010

Do any interviews even have math tests? They could just ask for people's grades if they wanted to know that

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Pvt.Scott posted:

I dunno. I've known a few mathematically retarded art and English majors. I ended up in remedial math courses with them in college when I failed higher poo poo due to mandatory attendance policies.

Right, but what kind of person trying to send you an insulting message has to work that fact into it? "Too bad you're so perfectly smart in every other subject, applicant. You suck at math and I , a totally not pretend person, think you are terrible."

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Pvt.Scott posted:

uh yeah sure people who are good at creative stuff and terrible math, the improbable part isn't that it's that this guy's bothering to send random faceless interviewees hate mail and that he's including a detailed analysis of their positive traits while he's at it

Pebergehund posted:

Do any interviews even have math tests? They could just ask for people's grades if they wanted to know that

tests aren't uncommon in technical-ish fields. 'I got an A in calculus' says nothing about whether you can apply it to the job they're hiring for, it barely suggests you understand calculus generally.

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Mar 30, 2017

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Pebergehund posted:

As far as IT goes, many programming and development jobs will put you through some kind of knowledge test. Most end-user support jobs will do so as well, at least in my experience.

Right, but what kind of person trying to send you an insulting message has to work that fact into it? "Too bad you're so perfectly smart in every other subject, applicant. You suck at math and I , a totally not pretend person, think you are terrible."

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

uh yeah sure people who are good at creative stuff and terrible math, the improbable part isn't that it's that this guy's bothering to send random faceless interviewees hate mail and that he's including a detailed analysis of their positive traits while he's at it

OK, yeah, the weird compliment part of the email is definitely awkward and hard to believe, I hadn't really considered it enough

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

I saw that one and didn't post is because it's "then everyone clapped" nonsense, it's barely coherent. The letter sounds more like the OP's imagination and self-loathing than something a real human typed and wrote to an interviewee.

Like, do you interview people? Have you ever felt any desire to contact someone who bombed your interview? There's no part of that that isn't incredibly awkward, it's nonsensical.

I've seen people do some pretty irrational things in the IT department, I really wouldn't put it past somebody, especially if they were at a smaller company that doesn't do a lot of hiring in the first place. I agree about the way the letter is written, though.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Pebergehund posted:

I had to take a standardized test as part of a programming job interview and it was a huge waste of time since it was irrelevant to the job I actually did (making websites)

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Fullhouse posted:

I had to take a standardized test as part of a programming job interview and it was a huge waste of time since it was irrelevant to the job I actually did (making websites)

I had a group interview once where they wheeled out a whiteboard and timed me while I hand-wrote a Javascript script

I missed a semicolon but also deeply did not want whatever job that's a test for

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

I had a group interview once where they wheeled out a whiteboard and timed me while I hand-wrote a Javascript script

I missed a semicolon but also deeply did not want whatever job that's a test for

I loving hate group interviews and I hate weird interview gimmicks like this so much

At least yours was a skill test, at my last real group interview I got grilled with "What's your spirit animal?", "What TV shows are you watching right now?" and "One of our responsibilities is naming servers - what would you suggest for some server names?" - the department had four people in it, and every answer I had for these questions was wrong. When they started ripping on me for liking Hannibal more than Doctor Who I should have gotten up and walked out, but I really needed the job and the money. In hindsight I'm really glad I didn't land that one.

their server names were split 50/50 between comic book characters and woodstock acts, which I guess is exactly what you would expect from an IT department of four 40-50something grogs with no oversight in a company with <200 employees

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
When I went for indoctrination for Starbucks in 2001 while I was in college they made everyone there write a 1-page essay on what they loved about coffee. I didn't drink caffeine at all at the time because it made me feel bad. It wasn't exactly hard to bullshit through and I highly recommend Starbucks for anyone in school. They give you benefits if you work more than 20 hours a week and the tips are nice although not high for service industry.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Mirthless posted:

I loving hate group interviews and I hate weird interview gimmicks like this so much

At least yours was a skill test, at my last real group interview I got grilled with "What's your spirit animal?", "What TV shows are you watching right now?" and "One of our responsibilities is naming servers - what would you suggest for some server names?" - the department had four people in it, and every answer I had for these questions was wrong. When they started ripping on me for liking Hannibal more than Doctor Who I should have gotten up and walked out, but I really needed the job and the money. In hindsight I'm really glad I didn't land that one.
Haha what the hell? This might be one of those interviews designed to piss you off to see how you react or something. Quoting the (really good) interviewing thread OP in BFC:

quote:

—Stress Interview—
• Purpose: To be a dick. Seriously. There are a lot more accurate and less bombastic ways to find out how a potential candidate handles stress than trolling them like this. Interviewers will ask ridiculous questions as though there were a distinct right or wrong answer and avoid eye-contact while giving awkward and disinterested pauses. They might even attack you personally with snarky questions about your hair. It can be in any setting, with any number of people, and is utterly useless IMO. Supposedly, creating bad blood and a poor first impression is a great way to see how a candidate will respond when faced with on the job stressors.
• How to successfully navigate a stress interview: Locate the nearest door, and slam it on the way out. If they really want to know how you handle stress, they’d put you in a simulation of your new role for half an hour. Seriously. But . . . Egh . . . If you really, really need a job though and hate yourself a lot; Sit back, act like everything is normal. They won’t warn you this is the type of interview it is . . . but you’ll know. Act as though everything they’re doing is no big deal, and just keep on keeping on throughout the whole miserable hour just as you would in any other interview. For example, if they say “were you hungry when you put on your lipstick?” then keep your mannerisms and tone matching the idea that they were simply curious and reply with “not at all, I had just eaten because I wanted to be fully prepared for this interview.”

Skratte
Nov 11, 2010

I had to take a math test for my job, but it was art framing, which involves a lot of measuring.

I've [24f] been looking after my 4 siblings for the last 3 months and my bf constantly criticizes everything I do

quote:

My family is going through some difficult period with terminal illness in the family. I agreed to take care of my young siblings (ages btw 9-14) while my parents dealt with the issues, as they were in and out of the hospital a lot, without affecting the kids too much.

So for the last 3 months Ive been looking after the kids, dropping and picking them from school and after school activities, making breakfasts and dinners, packing lunches. Helping them with school work, night time stories, games etc

The kids have actually improved at school and their grades have gone up significantly (one was failing maths and science and she is now at the top of her class and scored 97% in her last maths test, Im very proud of them)

I still struggle with the kids from time to time though. They will fight with each other over small things and Im not always sure how to stop the fights.

my youngest sister Lena is the usually the cause of the fights. She is extremely stubborn and won't do anything unless she feels like it. Ive set them chores that they rotate in and when its Lenas turn, she refuses to do them. So the others start complaining and they start fighting.

Ive tried punishing Lena, have taken away TV, technology, time outs, alone time and nothing works with her. She doesnt care about anything so punishments dont really achieve anything. Ive tried talking to her about these things and she didnt answer anything other than that sometimes she doesnt want to do anything

Im trying to juggle work with this new responsibility and needless to say Ive been frustrated. I have ended up yelling at the kids when theyre physically fighting and nothing else seems to work.

This is where my bf of 2 yrs comes in. He thinks Im doing a poo poo job at looking after the kids. He thinks the fact that I yell tells a lot about how good I am with the kids. He hasn't looked after anyone a day in his life, so he literally does not know what its like to juggle 4 kids and work at the same time !. When I point this out, he tells me that he sure wouldnt be yelling at his kids. Which is great, good on him, but I dont think theres anything wrong with yelling at times.

His parents yell at him from time to time too so its not like Im the only one that does this. But he wont comment on that. No, its all about how poo poo I am.

Maybe Im just frustrated and his comments are bothering me more then they should but Im doing the best I can. The kids are happy most of the time and we have fun together.

I just feel horrible over all of the criticism Ive been getting. If the kids fight- its somehow my fault, if they yell, its my fault, if they cry cause they fell down, then theyre clearly miserable with me. My bf and I dont live together so he doesn't do anything at all to help out but thinks he can criticize me as he sees fit.

Im getting frustrated with his negativity and Ive began doubting myself.

I just dont know how to put a stop to this. He thinks I cant take a criticism and I think hes way too critical of me. Any ideas on how to get through to his thick skull that 4 kids+ work is not a walk in the park ?.

tl;dr: bf criticizes every little thing I do with the kids and it feels like nothing I do is ever good enough. I think this is rich coming from a guy who cant start a washing machine and gets his parents to do everything for him

I [26F] found out that my boyfriend [28M] has been talking to a dating coach and getting involved in PUA forums.

quote:

It really late where I am at, approximately 1:00AM to be exact... I have been really sad, depressed, and anxious over what I found on my boyfriends Mac. I need to get some outside opinions, since I might be telling myself a different story.

Here it goes...

My boyfriend Graham and I have been together for well over a year. Honestly, the day I met him, I never thought I would be in a relationship with him. Let alone have anything more than a couple dates, possibly... Specifically, Graham and I met at college parking, in one of the parking lots. Both of us were exciting one side of the building at the same time one afternoon, and we basically started talking. Our cars were parked fairly close to each other in the one lot we parked in. We ended up talking for around 10 or so minutes. Honestly, Graham was pretty convincing when he asked me out. It was probably the smoothest, yet most subtle few lines that he used to ask me out on a date (I know, the title comes in here at this point).. Graham and I exchanged numbers, and we met for coffee a couple days later (if I remember correctly..?). I thought, why not go out on a date for some more experience for myself. Our (quick) meet up for coffee went better than I expected, so we made another date. More of an 'official' date, which was also very good. So, that brings me up to this point...

Currently, I am finishing up my degree this spring. I officially graduate in May, which is only about a month away now. I have been hard at work finishing up all of my projects, assignments, and studying for my "last" college final ever (whew!). Graham currently works in his specialized field that he went to school for (Specific Biology Area..?), that he recently got this past fall. Graham has been graduated for over a year in a half now, so he was pretty pumped to finally get a job (a good paying one at that) in his field. Graham and I don't live together as of yet, more or less because we have only been dating just over a year (1 year and 2 months now). But, more so, since I don't have a stead income coming in. To be fair, though, we spend a lot of time at each others place. I actually spend more time at Grahams place, since he lives alone, and I still live at home. Sorry this is long winded, but here is where I noticed something really fishy..

I asked Graham if I could borrow his Mac to do homework today. My classes were cancelled, and since Graham was only working a half day, I decided to hang out at his place. So, while I am finishing up an assignment and saving it as a PDF. For some reason, my document got sent/saved in his "documents" file. No big deal, I just go and search for my file, so I can submit it to my professor. By the way, I never really use my boyfriend Mac that much, other than the odd time to check emails, Facebook, and/or reddit. So, when I went to the "documents" tab in finder, something stood out at me that I found really odd. There was a folder called "PUA" and a folder called "Coach Corey Wayne". So honestly, after seeing these folders, I had to look through them. Honestly, I felt so sick as I opened up these folders and read through documents, emails, saved messages, and pictures - all saved.

The first folder I checked out called "PUA", was a little odd... Basically, Graham had a lot of screenshots from different forums that promote this kind of seduction. I actually had to look up more info on PUA to figure out what exactly it is. So, as I am going through the folder, I find more and more documents on seduction, picking up women, and dating. I honestly felt so sick just scrolling through this folder. But, this wasn't even the worst file of them all. The second file, entitled "Coach Corey Wayne", was a file that had saved emails, downloaded videos, and receipts. The first thing I opened up was one of the files titled "Receipt1". Basically, I found out that he had 3 receipts from payments he submitted to this guy. Graham had 3 receipts for "email coaching", which he spent $500 per EMAIL session with this guy. Like, what the gently caress? But, it doesn't even stop there...

In that same folder, there was a saved receipt/document, in which Graham payed 1000 DOLLARS for a Skype session with this guy. What the gently caress? My boyfriend actually payed 1000 dollars to talk to some "dating coach" for advice on relationships, picking up women, getting women in bed; like I have no clue here? But, the worst aspect of finding these two folders, is that a lot of the "most recently opened" dates have been DURING our relationship. I don't know if he is using this as some kind of "hobby". But, for a guy who is in a committed relationship - why? Why does he need all these folders of save files, documents, videos, pictures, graphs, PAYING to talk to coaches? Like, what the gently caress? I am not only upset and creed out here. But, I am very angry. I consider these kind of things a massive breach of trust, considering these things all have to do with picking up women!

This is why I am so upset... A lot of the files I went through were either opened, used, or saved during the duration of our relationship. Our EXCLUSIVE relationship. I know the exact day we became exclusive, and I feel like this is a MASSIVE breach of trust. Honestly, would any of you consider this a red flag? Am I overacting here? How do I confront Graham about this? I am worried that he has maybe used these techniques on other women, during our relationship. HELP!

-Side Note: it was so hard not to snap at him earlier this afternoon after witnessing what I saw-.

TL;DR: I was using my boyfriends Mac to finish up an assignment this afternoon, when I stumbled upon two folders: "PUA" and "Coach Corey Wayne", during the time I was finding my saved assignment in his "documents" folder. A lot of the documents in the folder were either recently viewed or put in recently, during the course of our relationship. I found a lot of dirty secrets that he has hide from me, which makes me feel I don't know who my "real" boyfriend is. I'm really upset...

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

Mirthless posted:

It's called negging.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

see this would have made sense but I never did any sort of coding tests, which is what I expected. no, they basically made me take the SAT or something, it took 2 and a half hours

and then when I did well enough on it the first time they made me retake it with a proctor, so another 2 and a half hours. I only did all of this cuz I was still in school and had nothing better going on

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
I can feel for that lady trying to take care of her siblings and her BF sounds like a turd. He has a point about the yelling, though. Kids eventually become immune to that poo poo if you bust it out constantly and the behavior of the little one kind of exemplifies that. I mean of course she's doing the best she can and he's 100% the wrong guy to be telling her.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

She needs to :sever: because she's already looking after 4 children and doesn't need a 5th.

Also that second one is hilarious because it sounds more like a commercial for PUA than anything.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Haha what the hell? This might be one of those interviews designed to piss you off to see how you react or something. Quoting the (really good) interviewing thread OP in BFC:

Sounds like a good way to only hire the most absolutely desperate applicants.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Improbable Lobster posted:

Hey there are some jobs that you want to screen out anyone with an ounce of self-respect.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Improbable Lobster posted:

well yeah someone with self-respect might bail when you tell them to work unpaid OT and never approve a raise

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

quote:

For example, if they say “were you hungry when you put on your lipstick?”
My response would be "yes, and it's delicious. Would you like to try some?" because that's the kind of person I am. how do I even have a job

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Lone Goat posted:

She needs to :sever: because she's already looking after 4 children and doesn't need a 5th.

Also that second one is hilarious because it sounds more like a commercial for PUA than anything.

i hope elsa animates this one with "coach" "codachrome wayne" or w/e his name is as two jizz covered tubesocks talking about how smoothe his lines are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Mirthless posted:

their server names were split 50/50 between comic book characters and woodstock acts, which I guess is exactly what you would expect from an IT department of four 40-50something grogs with no oversight in a company with <200 employees

My brother names our router Doomhouse.