Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
panascope
Mar 26, 2005

You don't "flick" through a catalog you stupid euros, you "flip" through it. Because you're flipping the pages over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Avenging Dentist posted:

also if we're just going to show the worst models a company has ever produced i'll just post gw's pygmies for a full page

The difference is they're not actively being sold and promoted. :)

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

panascope posted:

You don't "flick" through a catalog you stupid euros, you "flip" through it. Because you're flipping the pages over.

i will flick your nips you trump voting trash

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
I thought you were arguing against print? You've got me confused now.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

- "GW should learn from Infinity", Avenging Dentist

Xir
Jul 31, 2007

I smell fan fiction...

berzerkmonkey posted:

Tell that to the guy in the convention center that can't get Internet access because he's not staying at the adjacent hotel.

That's hardly relevant. Tell the illiterate your point about the press. Or the literate too far away to benefit immediately.

I get that this is the Death Thread, but you're being intentionally obtuse. I'll bet your smarter than that, you can do better trying to refute my point.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

The one big thing infinity is missing from its anime lineup and needs to address due to its popularity is an intergalactic pop idol singing group. It really needs a group of 3-9 idols singing like Minmay or idolmaster/love live.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

ijyt posted:

please stop flicking through the same 1989 catalogue you've had since you were 8

There are plenty of GW models that are still around that were pretty old when I started though it's just now they're twice the price and made out of finecast.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

BULBASAUR posted:

i would

play this game

panascope posted:

would also flick

that catalogue

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

ijyt posted:

i will flick your nips you trump voting trash

eat my fucc Brexit Bitch

Avenging Dentist
Oct 1, 2005

oh my god is that a circular saw that does not go in my mouth aaaaagh

ijyt posted:

The difference is they're not actively being sold and promoted. :)

neither is the catgirl though

i know you all got triggered because i said "infinity" but the salient point is that their current sculpts are done by people who actually know how to sculpt. i don't personally play the game because i'm not a fan of its style though

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.

Avenging Dentist posted:

i know you all got triggered because i said "infinity" but the salient point is that their current sculpts are done by people who actually know how to sculpt. i don't personally play the game because i'm not a fan of its style though

Please, give us more opinions about games you don't play. You're pretty good at it. I wish to learn.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Avenging Dentist posted:

- "unf unf UNF", Avenging Dentist

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Xir posted:

That's hardly relevant. Tell the illiterate your point about the press. Or the literate too far away to benefit immediately.

I get that this is the Death Thread, but you're being intentionally obtuse. I'll bet your smarter than that, you can do better trying to refute my point.

How is a lack of connectivity not relevant? If I can't get to my rules, they are useless to me. Batteries die and I'm not always near an outlet (again, middle of a convention center floor.) I can always carry a book. And what does literacy have to do with anything? If you're not literate, I'm doubtful you're playing one of these games.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Avenging Dentist posted:

Wow you're so cool for not liking things. I too jack off onto figurines.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Avenging Dentist posted:

Yes, these were clearly sculpted by someone using play-doh and an old toothbrush:

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Avenging dentists' pewter tit and butt fetish aside those models look fine detail wise. If they weren't cheesecake I'd want to paint em.

Someone post Guilliman or the t pose naked dwarves.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Mango Polo posted:

- "A good model", Avenging Dentist

@_@

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

TKIY posted:

Yes, these were clearly sculpted by someone using play-doh and an old toothbrush:

Look at the poses though, the standing one is okay, the one on the left is slowly tripping over his own foot.

Needs more catgirl bumcleavage imo.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This thread

loving sucks

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

these are the only sculpts worth buying tbh

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Hustlin Floh posted:

This thread

loving sucks

not as much as Infinity ladies, if u get my drift

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Maybe, just maybe, all minis suck.

Xir
Jul 31, 2007

I smell fan fiction...

berzerkmonkey posted:

How is a lack of connectivity not relevant? If I can't get to my rules, they are useless to me. Batteries die and I'm not always near an outlet (again, middle of a convention center floor.) I can always carry a book. And what does literacy have to do with anything? If you're not literate, I'm doubtful you're playing one of these games.

You're changing the focus of the conversation. I said the internet is the better version of the Gutenberg press. Historically it's going to do more to spread information than the press will have. You argued that if you don't connectivity you can't get the information. That's functionally the same as being out of easy reach of printed materials, or unable to read them.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

nopantsjack posted:

Look at the poses though, the standing one is okay, the one on the left is slowly tripping over his own foot.

Needs more catgirl bumcleavage imo.

- "Yes this is how a soldier would pose, it is the epitome of good modelling and taste", Avenging Dentist

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Avenging Dentist posted:

Lmao are you really relying on to lying? Kind of sad tbh.

https://store.corvusbelli.com/products/nomads/280516-0095-daktari-doctor

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Mango Polo posted:

This makes me hard- Bad Moon

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

nopantsjack posted:

And if they were all standing, people would bitch about them lacking dynamism.

At this point, people are out hating GW just to hate GW. I say this as the guy who STARTED THIS loving THREAD.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Mango Polo posted:

- "Yes this is how a soldier would pose, it is the epitome of good modelling and taste", Avenging Dentist

This guy obviously knows how to sculpt, this poor young woman just plainly suffers from debilitating scoliosis and skeletal deformations in her legs.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

we had it coming.

Press the button!!!!

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Can someone post the Pygmys currently for sale on GWs site.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Hustlin Floh posted:

This thread

loving sucks

Nah it's cool. Something got the 40k fans riled up tho... I wonder what... It's like they sense something about to happen

TKIY posted:

And if they were all standing, people would bitch about them lacking dynamism.

At this point, people are out hating GW just to hate GW. I say this as the guy who STARTED THIS loving THREAD.

Or pose them well? The Sigmar dudes on bird dogs are posed fine, those guys just aren't is all.

Sorry if I'm treading on your dreams OP, maybe you should do a Greenmarine

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mango Polo posted:

not as much as Infinity ladies, if u get my drift

Is that a manic pixie sword girl?

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

we had it coming.

panascope posted:

This guy obviously knows how to sculpt, this poor young woman just plainly suffers from debilitating scoliosis and skeletal deformations in her legs.

Sounds pretty progressive. Infinity is clearly much better than GW on YET ANOTHER front.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
flick that button

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Can someone post all the sick non sexualised female models GW does?

Actually is there a saint Celestine new model? I know she's back in the lore.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

nopantsjack posted:

Nah it's cool. Something got the 40k fans riled up tho... I wonder what... It's like they sense something about to happen

Or pose them well? The Sigmar dudes on bird dogs are posed fine, those guys just aren't is all.

Sorry if I'm treading on your dreams OP, maybe you should do a Greenmarine

I already had the last post in her thread. No need to kill two.

Avenging Dentist
Oct 1, 2005

oh my god is that a circular saw that does not go in my mouth aaaaagh
steps to talking about a game's models (this works even if you haven't played the game!!)

the first step is you look at a sculpt and then the second step is you say whether you like it or you don't like it

for example:

i like this model because he is a cool skeleton man who looks like he is having a fun time being a skeleton. the proportions are pretty good and the overall design reads well, although maybe he could have a scarier pose (but then he wouldn't look like he's having so much fun)

one more example:

i do not like this model because there are an awful lot of details that don't really add to the overall design and its difficult to tell what's going on at a glance because of how the shapes are broken up. mixing vampires and ghosts is maybe muddling the themes a bit too much as well. it could work if you broke this idea into two (or more!) models, maybe one with ghostly riders and another with vampires chilling out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

nopantsjack posted:

Can someone post all the sick non sexualised female models GW does?

Actually is there a saint Celestine new model? I know she's back in the lore.

• Locked thread