Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Knight posted:

I wouldn't want even 2 lbs to fall on my neck, but LOL at being found dead under the weight equivalent to a 12 year old girl. Please just tell my family it was a drug overdose.

Maybe it was dick lifts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Rhetorical questions only
Fun Shoe
Lol if you can't even realize it was the bro version of autoerotic affixation.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!
Choco Pies/Mini-Moon Pies: Greatest PWO Literal Stack Ever?!

Yes.

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Rhetorical questions only
Fun Shoe
I'm traveling for work and I've had to lift at this globo gym crowded as gently caress style place but holy poo poo there are a so many huge dudes here. Im one of the bigger guys at my gym but this place puts me to shame. It makes me realize how much I've been loving around the past year. I know a lot of them are not natty but drat I think I've gotta find a new gym and lift with huge dudes if I ever want to become 300lbs and disgusting.

Your environment can really light a fire under your rear end. I wouldn't have guessed.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
I'm bulking at a small (+250 calories per day) surplus and I've somehow put on 2.5kg in three weeks. :stare:

Really hope most of that is water weight...

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Pesmerga posted:

I'm bulking at a small (+250 calories per day) surplus and I've somehow put on 2.5kg in three weeks. :stare:

climb a stair u baby

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Chinatown posted:

climb a stair u baby

I walk 10km a day :(

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Pesmerga posted:

1-2 lbs/week is thought of as a healthy bulk, so good job? Really, you can remove your surplus and see if you're still making gains if it bothers you that much.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Knight posted:

1-2 lbs/week is thought of as a healthy bulk, so good job? Really, you can remove your surplus and see if you're still making gains if it bothers you that much.

I guess I'll keep going. I always dread the cut afterwards though. :(

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Pesmerga posted:

I guess I'll keep going. I always dread the cut afterwards though. :(
Just don't cut after. It's the fat and lazy way.

I am supposed to be cutting to 205 right now and I might just chill at 220 instead because it's easy, comfortable, and I've gotten really nice gains lift wise and visibly in the ~1.5 months I've chilled here after coming down from 235. Going to have make a real decision over the next day or two because if I want to drop weight june 3 has to be the deadline before I go back to maintenance mode due to travel plans.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Khorne posted:

Just don't cut after. It's the fat and lazy way.

I am supposed to be cutting to 205 right now and I might just chill at 220 instead because it's easy, comfortable, and I've gotten really nice gains lift wise and visibly in the ~1.5 months I've chilled here after coming down from 235. Going to have make a real decision over the next day or two because if I want to drop weight june 3 has to be the deadline before I go back to maintenance mode due to travel plans.

I could do that, I'm still pretty lean. I just like my arm and shoulder ~*~vasularity~*~ :shobon:

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Pesmerga posted:

I could do that, I'm still pretty lean. I just like my arm and shoulder ~*~vasularity~*~ :shobon:
I have veins in my forearms that pop out at the gym but aren't visible in day to day life. I'm also pretty fat and haven't bulked even once so I should probably go to 205.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Mar 30, 2017

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
i thought i remember research showing recomping is more efficient. Although I guess you already need to be close to your target weight to actually recomp. gently caress if I know, I can barely even cut down eating fast food. I'm going to take baby steps first and buy a blender this weekend and replace the fast food I normally get on the way to work with a protein/spinach/frozen food shake. What other sorts of health is good to throw in those? Other than salami of course

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

I'm loving huge guys

loving bowling ball shoulders, python biceps, Popeyes's forearms

I'm loving amazingly muscled, it's super great

I just flex all day for myself

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

I'm loving huge guys

loving bowling ball shoulders, python biceps, Popeyes's forearms

I'm loving amazingly muscled, it's super great

I just flex all day for myself

This but unironically

and only the last line

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Vascularity is one if those things that guts seem to be obsessed with but that women think is gross, like sending dick pics.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Thesaurus posted:

Vascularity is one if those things that guts seem to be obsessed with but that women think is gross, like sending dick pics.

Yeah, but I ended the 'lift to look good for women' stage ages ago, I'm now solidly in the 'body dysmorphia, doing it all for me' stage.

My wife largely tolerates it.

Pruney
Jul 9, 2012

Sexual attraction in this context is not a part of my programming
I might have to quit the gym for a while and just do home exercise

Suddenly started getting exhausted randomly, hopefully I can get some money back on my sub

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
How is canceling your gym membership your first reaction to that instead of going to a doctor

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Fallows posted:

How is canceling your gym membership your first reaction to that instead of going to a doctor
America? :911:

Pruney
Jul 9, 2012

Fallows posted:

Already have, posted a few pages back that I have celiac disease

Been on my diet for 1/2 weeks now and I've been having patches of fatigue and it's just a waste of money to keep paying for the gym when I need to sort myself out first

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
Well that sucks

Hope you keep exercising though!

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Pruney posted:

Already have, posted a few pages back that I have celiac disease

Been on my diet for 1/2 weeks now and I've been having patches of fatigue and it's just a waste of money to keep paying for the gym when I need to sort myself out first

That's to be expected if the diet was a big change. Might get better after a couple weeks.

Talk to your doctor about it.

Pruney
Jul 9, 2012

Dum Cumpster posted:

That's to be expected if the diet was a big change. Might get better after a couple weeks.

Talk to your doctor about it.

Should be getting an appointment with a Dietician soon hopefully.

I hope it does! Cheers men

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Not to freak you out, but this exhaustion could be related to other autoimmune disorders. Definitely speak with a doctor. I have a friend with ankylosing spondylitis, and another with psoriatic arthritis - they both had bouts of extreme fatigue along with the celiac-like symptoms.

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Probably a result of lifting too hard and/or not hard enough!

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
He's probably got the old diabeets

Trust me, I can chinup 1.5xbw

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Pesmerga posted:

Yeah, but I ended the 'lift to look good for women' stage ages ago, I'm now solidly in the 'body dysmorphia, doing it all for me' stage.

My wife largely tolerates it.

me: "my hamstrings and glutes have added a good amount of mass and definition, don't you think?"

wife: "why would i notice or be attracted to that?"

me: *darkly ruminates on so many squat and deadlift sessions spent in vain*
*locks bathroom door to continue looking at self in mirror*

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Thesaurus posted:

me: "my hamstrings and glutes have added a good amount of mass and definition, don't you think?"

wife: "why would i notice or be attracted to that?"

me: *darkly ruminates on so many squat and deadlift sessions spent in vain*
*locks bathroom door to continue looking at self in mirror*

time to trade her in for a new one (with a penis and rock hard muscles)

Haramstufe Rot
Jun 24, 2016

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

I'm loving huge guys

not so interested in your sexual prefs tbh

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

FogHelmut posted:

Not to freak you out, but this exhaustion could be related to other autoimmune disorders. Definitely speak with a doctor. I have a friend with ankylosing spondylitis, and another with psoriatic arthritis - they both had bouts of extreme fatigue along with the celiac-like symptoms.

It could also be the flu. Or hypothyroidism. Or depression, medication side effect, brain tumor, sleep apnea, stress, alcoholism, drug abuse, sepsis, HIV/AIDS, age-related, carotid artery stenosis, cardiomegaly, lymphoma, pneumonia, anemia, common cold...

Or a change in diet.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I've got a question.

I've got low testosterone due to circumstances out of my control. I'm relatively young though, 28 and I've got good genetics. My father was a defensive lineman in college and a very strong man. I've got naturally defined arms and shoulders even though I haven't been going to the gym at all for a few months due to starting a new job.

My question: is just going to the gym enough to see some gains (I'm not talking epic, just more defined muscles and slightly larger all around) or do I need to go full on food, testosterone, supplements etc. I'd like to be stronger but I'm a bit worried that my low testosterone (seriously old man low) will prevent me from making any gains at all. My doctor told me that working out will naturally increase my testosterone so hopefully there would be some kind of feedback loop? Or am I hosed without getting more into this whole... scene or whatever this is.

For reference, I eat a lot of salami

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Play posted:

I've got low testosterone due to circumstances out of my control. I'm relatively young though, 28 and I've got good genetics. My father was a defensive lineman in college and a very strong man. I've got naturally defined arms and shoulders even though I haven't been going to the gym at all for a few months due to starting a new job.
These two kinda conflict, but anyway if you go to the gym and lift weights you'll gain some mass provided you are eating enough. It is a slow process though. I'd probably take a picture on day one and then compare it every 3 months or so.

Natural test levels aren't too relevant unless you're down in the dumpster at outside of normal range. It doesn't sound like you are. Even in that situation, you can still make gains.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Mar 30, 2017

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

If your numbers are that bad look into TRT.

There are certainly benefits to exercise without paying attention to the small poo poo. You will get stronger and feel better up to a point no matter what you do.

Putting in work at the gym is the hard part though. If you add an easy part like getting your eating and goals on the same page you can make some real gains. The internet likes to over analyze poo poo. 80% of the benefits come from 20% of the details.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

caps on caps on caps posted:

not so interested in your sexual prefs tbh

Why not, bro?

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

you'll never see a single gain from lifting unless you fully commit to regularly doping yourself up with the strongest illegal drugs you can find. trust me, I'm weak and scrawny as hell because i don't have the balls to see it through. just lifting like a sad chump

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.
natural lifting is basically a total waste of time

ask me about being natty for 10 years and having a mediocre physique to show for it

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.
wanna be 220 and lean and natural? forget about it

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Defiant Sally posted:

wanna be 220 and lean and natural? forget about it
I am going to prove you wrong.

Actually, I'm not going to be lean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

So where's the smart money at on that whole "Slug down all the protein in the house within 1 hour of your weight circuit workout to maximize absorption, don't bother with protein throughout the rest of the day" theory?

Malarkey? Or effective way?