Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Hulebr00670065006e posted:

Well, I will argue that you can feel the rise in input lag if it drops below 165'ish (even though it doesn't go below 144) and you are used to running 200+ most of the time. I guess if it is stable you won't notice much though. Otherwise something else was acting up when I was in the middle of B on overpass and mine would dip close to the 144.

What's the refresh rate on your monitor? If your FPS dips below 2xRefreshRate you will notice issues, supposedly anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

^is that irrespective of having g-sync?

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

VelociBacon posted:

^is that irrespective of having g-sync?

Dunno I'm not super into this stuff, it's just what I've seen a bunch of people, that know more about graphics performance than I, say. I used to enjoy computers before I started working on them, but now I don't keep up with consumer type stuff much, my job doesn't have me dealing with video/graphics, and when I get home I want my poo poo to Just Work.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Delete your maps and workshop folders. Frees up 10gb+ and you'll see an increase in fps.

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

Gingerbread House Music posted:

I don't recommend Photex's settings.

Dude I love devil daggers

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

mcvey posted:

Delete your maps and workshop folders. Frees up 10gb+ and you'll see an increase in fps.

Doesn't this mean you'd have to redownload all the maps though?

I've only had a few really bad teammates, but tonight one guy voted to kick someone in the second round of the game, after we lost pistol and the kick-ee didn't win a 4v1.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

ilmucche posted:

Doesn't this mean you'd have to redownload all the maps though?

The ones you actively play, yes. Your copy of de_mill_b2_v4_final from 2012 will be gone forever though.

Go take a look at all the poo poo in those folders. Unsubscribing from the workshop doesn't delete them from your hard drive.

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized
3 knives in the C9 vs CLG pistol round and Stewie buys a 2nd round AWP after losing. I love that little fucker.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
excited for star ladder next week. MVP is back baby

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
You're missing the REAL tournament:

https://www.twitch.tv/99damage

stump collector
May 28, 2007
tuscan is so T sided

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

stump collector posted:

tuscan is so T sided

bring back spiral

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
It's lowkey kinda awesome how some of the names of spots on maps have names that have lasted forever and ever. I remember it was called Kitty on cpl_mill because there used to be a loving poster of a cat on a billboard beside it. Some variation on mill or tuscan should have been back in the rotation two years ago, but whatever. It was always a really good puggy map, similar in style to cache/mirage, which usually made for good games.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
I wish tuscan/mill would come back. despite never playing leagues on it, i agree with you that it seems like mirage/cache in that you can put an awp in any site based on spawns to open up every round

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Nice, new patch incoming

Deagle buffed to launch stats, running accuracy decreased, 128 tick mm servers

Haha just kidding

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Handsome Boys have two matches tonight and i'm going to stream both (with 120 sec delay)

https://www.twitch.tv/photexmedia/

come stop by and tell me how lovely my resolution is.

edit: dust 2 is over https://www.twitch.tv/videos/132811364?t=38m17s for the start of it.

Train team didn't show up. RIP.

Photex fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Apr 2, 2017

stump collector
May 28, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLffwDysMrw

i got a 500 damage ace
my favorite part was when i tried to pick up a USP and failed and ran around like a dipshit for 5 seconds

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"

stump collector posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLffwDysMrw

i got a 500 damage ace
my favorite part was when i tried to pick up a USP and failed and ran around like a dipshit for 5 seconds

Nice play! Your clip is another reminder to me why I switched to the P2K on CT side, I feel like people can't spam back vs. the glock when it holds angles like that.

Into the Ocean
May 13, 2010

This is gonna sound terrible, but map call-out spots are a huge hampering to me. I tried to google some stuff about callouts, but they all direct me to awful, what I think is, convoluted overlays. I have no idea what's good

I should mention I'm a huge jerk newbie.

Into the Ocean fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Apr 3, 2017

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Into the Ocean posted:

This is gonna sound terrible, but map call-out spots are a huge hampering to me. I tried to google some stuff about callouts, but they all direct me to awful, what I think is, convoluted overlays. I have no idea what's good

I should mention I'm a huge jerk newbie.

In the beginning of the match run around spamming your push to talk key and you'll see the name of your location by your voice icon. One weird trick that teammates hate.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Just call everything gay spot

Into the Ocean
May 13, 2010

VelociBacon posted:

In the beginning of the match run around spamming your push to talk key and you'll see the name of your location by your voice icon. One weird trick that teammates hate.

Spam talk and hear hate, I hear you.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Into the Ocean posted:

Spam talk and hear hate, I hear you.

If you look up at your radar you'll see that it tells you your location. However, there are some spots on maps that have different names given from the community,such as how Pop Dog has remained a staple on Train.

Into the Ocean
May 13, 2010

A TURGID FATSO posted:

If you look up at your radar you'll see that it tells you your location. However, there are some spots on maps that have different names given from the community,such as how Pop Dog has remained a staple on Train.

I, rather, meant callouts to certain locations ie: "Jungle," or "Park."

stump collector
May 28, 2007
play more and you'll know the main callout and at least 4 alternates

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
When in doubt just yell "HES THERE" in your mic

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Bohemian Nights posted:

When in doubt just yell "HES THERE" in your mic

The "Luna hes there" strat

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Into the Ocean posted:

I, rather, meant callouts to certain locations ie: "Jungle," or "Park."

Pop Dog is a location. Two different locations, in fact, depending on if you're EU or NA.

If you can't remember the name of a callout, try and describe it in relation to the standard callouts (or other callouts you know).
There's pretty much always going to be a long and short to both sites, a mid, and a T and CT-side of every area, which is the section closer to their spawn.

"2 crouched by that big/small/red/blue box near mid on A site!"

"He's about to push the doors on B!"
"He's T-side connector!"

etc.

Also, if you don't know what a callout means when somebody says it, you should just say "I don't know that callout". If you're dead wait until the end of the round, if you're alive say it loving immediately.

surc fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Apr 3, 2017

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Once you get to a higher level of play your teammates will instead give you more useful information like if the person is lit or not.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
he's right there he's so lit god waht the gently caress is this game

stump collector
May 28, 2007
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUck hes there

-my league calls

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1AwHFy4VEcb
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0tkbYcuyeLo

my League calls. I swear some of these dudes don't ever mute their microphone and never not hold their PTT.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
*push PTT, sigh*

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
*hits ptt* WHAT THE gently caress? this game is loving broken, man

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

Phosphene
Aug 11, 2008
I'M NOT TRYING TO GET BIG AND BULKY OKAY WE ALL FAIL DIFFERENT GOALS
Calls i routinely make:

*on getting a rare kill* "i'm so good it's insane"
*on being caught out of position immediately afterwards* "i'm so bad oh my god 99 in 4 what the gently caress is this gun i didn't even hit the other one 2 long"

How that should have been called
"One dead long"
"2 more long one has 1 hp"

Will i make those calls? God no.

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007
particularly for tournaments like starseries starting tomorrow, is there some conceivable way to know whether any matches were good games worth watching the VOD without the results being spoiled? for those of us who will be either sleeping or at work while all of the matches are being played

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized
Go to r/globaloffensive and watch the games with a shitload of comments but don't click on the thread.

I don't know.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
Yeah, I don't know how to go about that without getting spoilers. Maybe ask again in the thread tomorrow and see if anyone watched the games and can be a pal :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
My calls don't make sense since I routinely misname spots and I have the shittiest flashbangs out of anyone on sub.io

"That flashbangs did nothing" - King, about 3-6 times per half.