Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Poll: Who Should Be Leader of HM Most Loyal Opposition?
This poll is closed.
Jeremy Corbyn 95 18.63%
Dennis Skinner 53 10.39%
Angus Robertson 20 3.92%
Tim Farron 9 1.76%
Paul Ukips 7 1.37%
Robot Lenin 105 20.59%
Tony Blair 28 5.49%
Pissflaps 193 37.84%
Total: 510 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Zero cos no one speaks English there!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pantsuit
Oct 28, 2013

Brexit is a death cult at this point

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Pantsuit posted:

This is our dying poo poo heap now! We now control it! Long live the poo poo heap!

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Pantsuit posted:

The northern hemisphere is overdue a good comet.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Breath Ray posted:

Zero cos no one speaks English there!!

You've clearly never been to any of these places if you believe this is the case.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
Goons join us in #ukgoons (synirc if you are a SAD WAZZOCK who likes IRC) for Question Time. It's in Carlisle and it's a right rowdy one!

it has these shits on

quote:

David Dimbleby chairs topical debate from Carlisle. On the panel are Ruth Davidson, Lisa Nandy, Paul Nuttall, Len McCluskey and the news editor of the IEA, Kate Andrews

crispix fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Mar 30, 2017

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Tim Farron thinks they're putting chemicals in the water that turn the friggin frogs gay.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I.. what?

:frogon:

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/tim-farron-apologises-for-fake-tweet-comparing-gay-people-to-fish-and-frogs-10412896.html

"Hacked"

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

FAKE TWEETS

Also, no Independent, I do not wish to read more about Tim Farron On Gay Sex.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Weird how these so called liberals weren't crying out for real opposition when Labour were rolling over for the Tories on welfare cuts...

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
Is McCluskey the only non-Brexiter/Right-winger on there?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
"Sorry you were offended." :smug:

If homosexuality is curable then does that mean heterosexuality is too?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Seems a bit harsh on him to be honest, I wouldn't want to be stuck in a room with the rest of them.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Guavanaut posted:

"Sorry you were offended." :smug:

If homosexuality is curable then does that mean heterosexuality is too?

Yes, the cure is called Anime.

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
A despicable lifestyle choice, made by degenerates, for which we will hopefully one day find a cure. But enough about the far-right.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
I note with a lack of any real interest that the voting for Unite leader (?General Secretary) is between Len McLuskey - who's thrown his weight behind Corbyn - and some other bloke who seems a bit more in line with Yvette Cooper et al., if you catch my drift.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I was a working class kid who got good results at the grammar school.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Namtab posted:

Congratulations on being very smart and beating the odds.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

It was a good school

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Namtab posted:

Still an oik.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
I don't need no bloody grammar schooling. Me compuuta does it for me.

Prince John
Jun 20, 2006

Oh, poppycock! Female bandits?

Thanks for the awesome post Haakman!

Bedshaped posted:

There will probably be 2 years of negotiation while May appears to be appeasing the hardliners and then boom; soft exit, freedom of travel and paying into the EU budget.

Don't hold your breath - she seems to have explicitly ruled these things out in her letter stating the UK's opening position.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

kingturnip posted:

I note with a lack of any real interest that the voting for Unite leader (?General Secretary) is between Len McLuskey - who's thrown his weight behind Corbyn - and some other bloke who seems a bit more in line with Yvette Cooper et al., if you catch my drift.

I got a promoted tweet from the guy who is trying to replace McClusky. Was odd, I'm not a member of Unite.

It's kind of sad how far Len and Tom Watson have fallen apart. Watson used to be more or less the MP for Unite.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Gonzo McFee posted:

Yes, the cure is called Anime.

Conveniently on sale on steam this weekend!

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Prince John posted:

Thanks for the awesome post Haakman!

Don't hold your breath - she seems to have explicitly ruled these things out in her letter stating the UK's opening position.

She doesn't want to reveal her hand, remember?

Meanwhile:

Even loving UKIP don't give May majority support in her approach.

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead
https://twitter.com/SamCoatesTimes/status/847540109335556098

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
I mean it's not like they have much else to do.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
Been seeing some LibDem flyers around Barnet area. Compared to Tories and Labour, they had very little presence before Labour started going downhill.

Last year, Labour had door-to-doors around the same area, so maybe LibDems can try that tactic out if they got so much time on their hands.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

That is arguably a benefit when you could fit the entire party in a fairly small office.

If you want you could ring me for a statement and I'll give you one on the phone right there.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

OwlFancier posted:

That is arguably a benefit when you could fit the entire party in a fairly small office.

If you want you could ring me for a statement and I'll give you one on the phone right there.

I think the problem being highlighted is one of organisation and media management.

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

A large number of people don't know who Tim Farron is. I don't think the idea that he is getting all the publicity that's meant for Corbyn is very credible.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
You're trying very hard to fail to get the point here.

The Lib Dems are able to provide prompt responses to the media when Labour cannot.

Don't Lol me
Sep 6, 2004

Pissflaps posted:

You're trying very hard to fail to get the point here.

The Lib Dems are able to provide prompt responses to the media when Labour cannot.

Referring to Owlfancier's post here, perhaps its the size of the organisation that's contributing here?
Heaven knows you yourself have complained about lack of coherency with Labour positions previously, so I'd expect getting consistency is more important than responsiveness currently.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
So you think the reason why labour is unable to give timely responses to media queries is because it has a lot more members than the Lib dems?

Jfc.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Don't Lol me posted:

Referring to Owlfancier's post here, perhaps its the size of the organisation that's contributing here?
Heaven knows you yourself have complained about lack of coherency with Labour positions previously, so I'd expect getting consistency is more important than responsiveness currently.

As the official opposition, with a very large base of MP's and support staff, I would expect labour to be able to give a quote to a breaking news story within an hour. Even if said quote was just a generic statement that has been pre prepared for a bunch of situations. This is the point of a media team. If said media team cannot do this, they are incompetent and should be replaced.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Diane Abbott Says Jeremy Corbyn’s Poll Numbers Should Be Looked At In ‘Six Months’ Time

Dianne Abbott is going to be the next labour leader.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
That will get the northern working classes back onside

Don't Lol me
Sep 6, 2004

serious gaylord posted:

As the official opposition, with a very large base of MP's and support staff, I would expect labour to be able to give a quote to a breaking news story within an hour. Even if said quote was just a generic statement that has been pre prepared for a bunch of situations. This is the point of a media team. If said media team cannot do this, they are incompetent and should be replaced.

I'd say 1-2 hours for big issues with some kind of team to call around the party to confirm and corral a consistent stance to take so the media doesn't try to make the story about how some people have differing opinions.

As for you flaps, jfc yourself. You really think there is no size factor in play there? When you've a media team and MPs just breaking double figures, it's not going to be hard to collate a response.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Jedit posted:

She doesn't want to reveal her hand, remember?

Meanwhile:

Even loving UKIP don't give May majority support in her approach.

Bit of a leading question tbh.

• Locked thread