Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Saint Freak posted:

I need to share MY version of the final Sun Slink even though it's a visual novel that is 100% word for word the same as literally every other version on the internet.
what a weird post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Why haven't OST playlists been taken down yet?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm glad in an effort to kill almost all P5 gameplay footage on YouTube Atlus is also not permitting the quick look which has the exact same content as a video I put up where I played through the first four hours of the game, lol.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Saint Freak posted:

I need to share MY version of the final Sun Slink even though it's a visual novel that is 100% word for word the same as literally every other version on the internet.

If it's to show some friends or whatever, yeah actually it would probably be easier to use the share function than to search around for the specific scene you're looking for.

Like, it's obviously not a huge deal or anything, but just because people are overreacting that doesn't mean that it isn't something to be a bit annoyed by.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

can't believe atlus are scared of giantbooms but not baal

i can believe it, really, but i choose not to

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Like this ain't world ending, but it's still a lovely thing to do. It's an entire feature negated because a publisher wants to be a pissy baby about it. Not that a capture card won't always be better regardless, but not everyone has that luxury and some people just wanna share dumbs clips of stuff they do with their friends.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Captain Baal posted:

I'm glad in an effort to kill almost all P5 gameplay footage on YouTube Atlus is also not permitting the quick look which has the exact same content as a video I put up where I played through the first four hours of the game, lol.

I imagine Jeff and Vinny are way funnier than you though.

This has nothing to do with anything but I just wanted to point that out.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I imagine that the P4 Endurance Run was responsible for a lot of game sales too

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

littleorv posted:

I imagine Jeff and Vinny are way funnier than you though.

This has nothing to do with anything but I just wanted to point that out.

If you keep pinging me to tell me how bad the thread is when I see your dumb posts in here, I'm gonna kick your frickin butt!!!!

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Is your lp just calling the dub poo poo

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Captain Baal posted:

If you keep pinging me to tell me how bad the thread is when I see your dumb posts in here, I'm gonna kick your frickin butt!!!!

I can't make it any worse now can I

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Tae posted:

Is your lp just calling the dub poo poo

What LP? The Japanese footage of the game where emalde and I talk about how cool the game is while playing through the first dungeon?

littleorv posted:

I can't make it any worse now can I

If there's anything I could count on in the years I've known you orv, it's that you can make something worse.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Captain Baal posted:

What LP? The Japanese footage of the game where emalde and I talk about how cool the game is while playing through the first dungeon?

boy are my arms tired posted:

Baal and I are doing this and will have a thread up on April 4th.

Yes I'm running three lp threads, yes im literally insane

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Lol Raf, I thought you were at least gonna chill out and wait a bit before saying anything. Yeah, I'm helping him out with that, but it's mostly Raf's stuff.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Captain Baal posted:

If there's anything I could count on in the years I've known you orv, it's that you can make something worse.

Ha, as if everything you do isn't tainted from the beginning.

Anyways I have high hopes for this game and despite Atlus being dumb with the share stuff among other things I'm sure I'm gonna have a great time owning demons.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
Yeah the Publisher isn't the Developer so I won't let it taint my view of the company. I can empathize with the company and their financial plight causing them to desperately want this game to be a success. Definitely feel like they're going about it the wrong way.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Atlus is the dev team and publisher. There's definitely a separation, but don't assume members of the dev team didn't have some discussion with them on this because you want them to be favorable in your eyes. They can make good games and still be businessmen.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
That's true, I am definitely incorrect in my statement.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Harlock posted:

There's a big concern in Japan especially of people streaming games just to listen to the music. They take their music copyright super seriously over there.
Huh, that explains why the PS4 Kingdom Hearts games have that weird notice that says something like "STREAMING OUR GAMES IS OKAY BUT NOT IF YOU'RE PRIMARILY DOING IT TO LISTEN TO THE MUSIC!"

I always thought that was a strange thing to include.

Jove
Jun 18, 2004

He doesn't come to us...we go to him...BOW DOWN, SLAVE.
I spent four hours sleeping last night cuz it was loving Christmas Eve.

Holla if you live round NYC and want to know where to pick it up!

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Look at this guy and his edition without Morgana :smugdog:

No, congrats on your early game, dude. I wish Amazon would break street dates

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Jove posted:

I spent four hours sleeping last night cuz it was loving Christmas Eve.

Holla if you live round NYC and want to know where to pick it up!

I would be interested in this, where in NYC are they breaking date

Jove
Jun 18, 2004

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

Look at this guy and his edition without Morgana :smugdog:

No, congrats on your early game, dude. I wish Amazon would break street dates

I've still got my Steal Your Heart edition preordered from Amazon, yo. I want that bag so bad.

It's a small store near Bryant Park - they tweeted that they had steelbook editions in stock on March 27.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Zore posted:

Why do so many companies block PS4 share anyways? It seems so pointless.

Because a lot of JP companies, in particular, are legitimately terrified, completely and totally, of their works being presented in anything other than their own completely controlled environments and are absolutely convinced that experiencing parts of the game in such ways translates into nothing except lost sales.

If there was a button that instantly destroyed all LPs and prevented more from ever being made, there are folks who would press it in a hot second.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Jove posted:

I've still got my Steal Your Heart edition preordered from Amazon, yo. I want that bag so bad.

It's a small store near Bryant Park - they tweeted that they had steelbook editions in stock on March 27.

Yeah, I can't justify buying it twice even if I could buy it early

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Captain Baal posted:

Lol Raf, I thought you were at least gonna chill out and wait a bit before saying anything. Yeah, I'm helping him out with that, but it's mostly Raf's stuff.

i was, but someone asked so i figured i'd post

post post post

it'll be fine, i promise

e: i promise i will attempt to corral the laughter at the various dub gently caress ups

boy are my arms tired fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Mar 30, 2017

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

someone in dc who owns a game store break street date and let me come buy a copy please thanks

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

There's a mom and pop shop here that started selling this game like two weeks ago. The only thing that really stopped me was a quantum physics exam today. I would've completely bombed it instead of just probably doing lovely on it.

Jove
Jun 18, 2004

Some first (super early) impressions:

This muhfucka is definitely NOT Dojima.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Jove posted:

Some first (super early) impressions:

This muhfucka is definitely NOT Dojima.

Yeah, I mean he can actually make a cup of coffee!

Artless Meat
Apr 7, 2008

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Lyrics are often copyrighted, so that makes sense. Especially if that Bump of Chicken band who did stuff for it are involved.

Incidentally, I think the first end credits of FFXV are blocked because Stand By Me by Florence + The Machine plays, but I seem to recall when a clip of it plays at the start of the game that it's not?

I was streaming that for a friend and it just stripped the song out of the credits, so it was just them pushing a car in silence and weird grunting.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Finally got to Futaba in a long scene, I was expecting her voice to be a lot higher. She's probably the deepest tone of the girls on the team so far.

Why is Hifumi a yugioh character

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
cause she plays shogi and at that point why wouldnt you

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Can Shogi girl be my Waifu in this game?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

90% of the female links are dateable.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

She is best girl, so

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
she's a girl in this game and you have a social link with her

so yes

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I'm gonna gently caress the teacher

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Tae posted:

90% of the female links are dateable.

You mean there's female links that aren't? Madness!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Supremezero posted:

You mean there's female links that aren't? Madness!

I saw the YouTube comments for the confidant video for the warden girls... gross