Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

https://twitter.com/seanspicer/status/641410385187336192

https://twitter.com/chrislhayes/status/847596132826058754

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
Just a lil blast from the past on the Flynn thing

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/785291193194254336

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

uber_stoat posted:

I sure do hope so.

this is Flynn: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_T._Flynn#National_Security_Advisor

notable for having resigned from his position in the Trump admin less than a month after the inaugeration.

Thank you

Goodness gracious, what

what the hell is going on in American politics

it's popcorn time for sure

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I feel like the lols of the last 48 hours were pretty so so but holy moley the last two hours just made up for the past 2 days, ha ha ha mega-LMAO

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe

Applewhite posted:

:pray: c'mon high treason charge!

It is extremely :lol: that there's a non-zero chance Trump is going to bumble his way directly in front of firing squad.

LordoftheScheisse
Jan 16, 2016

On the one hand, L.

But on the other hand, OL!

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Skypie posted:

Just a lil blast from the past on the Flynn thing

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/785291193194254336

he really does have a vintage tweet for everything going on that makes his current situation even funnier

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus
How does Justice even make that deal when the AG is pretty heavily implicated in this poo poo?

Also LOL

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

What on earth is going on lol

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

there's the daily lmao

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.

Professor Shark posted:

The jenga block that results in the President getting You're Fired might have been pulled.

If not, someone on Trump's side is getting in trouble anyway.

that's my crude understanding

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
it means if nothing else there's definitely some legitimacy to the "ties with Russia" allegations bc you don't just ask for immunity for nothing

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
lol trump is hosed

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

lol@ trump not circling the republican party wagons but continuing to antagonize the very assholes who let him get where he is :)

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
and ensuring he will probably not get any meaningful parts of his agenda passed lol

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Efexeye posted:

lol@ trump not circling the republican party wagons but continuing to antagonize the very assholes who let him get where he is :)

He's just setting himself up with convenient scapegoats for later.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

He's just setting himself up with convenient scapegoats for later.

You rang?

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Professor Shark posted:

the president committed treason l m a o

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

This is truly a fortuitous moment. A moment of providence and destiny.

Of good, hearty LOLs

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
WaPo: Secretary of State Rex Tillerson spends his first weeks isolated from an anxious bureaucracy

quote:

Secretary of State Rex Tillerson takes a private elevator to his palatial office on the seventh floor of the State Department building, where sightings of him are rare on the floors below.

On many days, he blocks out several hours on his schedule as “reading time,” when he is cloistered in his office poring over the memos he prefers ahead of in-person meetings.

Most of his interactions are with an insular circle of political aides who are new to the State Department. Many career diplomats say they still have not met him, and some have been instructed not to speak to him directly — or even make eye contact.

lol

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.
What the Christ about all this. Lol my rear end off.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

he's on the record stating he doesn't want the job and only took it because his wife nagged him into doing it. lol

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

I've thought to myself

Now THAT can't be true

Nearly every​ day of this administration and have been wrong every single day

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

I hope that history books tell of the downfall of trump using tweets he made before he was president.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

mannerup posted:

Most of his interactions are with an insular circle of political aides who are new to the State Department. Many career diplomats say they still have not met him, and some have been instructed not to speak to him directly — or even make eye contact.

Genius, an autistic chief diplomat. Par for the course in this administration I suppose.

There's also the fact that he's clearly miserable in this job, that Trump and his paranoid inner circle doesn't actually trust or communicate with him. Nobody in other countries takes him seriously because he doesn't actually speak for the administration, Trump doesn't give a gently caress what he says to people so his diplomacy has no meaning.

But still holy poo poo at the no eye contact, what in the holy gently caress

nockturne
Aug 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Arrhythmia posted:

the president committed treason l m a o

Has anyone actually said the "T" word yet?

Also lol.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

Play posted:

Genius, an autistic chief diplomat. Par for the course in this administration I suppose.

There's also the fact that he's clearly miserable in this job, that Trump and his paranoid inner circle doesn't actually trust or communicate with him. Nobody in other countries takes him seriously because he doesn't actually speak for the administration, Trump doesn't give a gently caress what he says to people so his diplomacy has no meaning.

But still holy poo poo at the no eye contact, what in the holy gently caress

he's pretty much a deputy secretary of state with trump's son-in-law as the point person for diplomacy

Choronzons son
Mar 1, 2011
lol will Trump even make it to 100 days

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Choronzons son posted:

lol will Trump even make it to 100 days

The last 3 months have felt like years

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Skypie posted:

The last 3 months have felt like years

seriously. everybody take a moment to think about just how little time has passed since he was sworn in.

all of this poo poo... in 3 months.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

uber_stoat posted:

seriously. everybody take a moment to think about just how little time has passed since he was sworn in.

lol imagine being a trump supporter and thinking that it's going to get better lmao

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

uber_stoat posted:

i was shocked yesterday to find out we haven't even clear 100 days yet

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
day 69

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Pence is wrapped up in this poo poo too so he's going to need to go. By my understanding of the rules, that makes Bernie Sanders the new president.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

I wish Trump was more like this.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
it would actually be paul ryan lmfao

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

thathonkey posted:

it would actually be paul ryan lmfao

yeah, you'd have to get rid of a whole pile of assholes before you get close to someone who isn't a complete monster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stranger Danger Ranger
Jul 21, 2007
There are lizards coming out of my tv.

uber_stoat posted:

lol more like 2 months