Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

facialimpediment posted:

Just remember that cities like Las Vegas are perfectly happy to subsidize NFL stadiums (Vegas to the tune of $750m) because their constituents would vote them out if they didn't.

The amount of people arguing about putting a new stadium in Saint Louis for a MLS team, when they already have a stadium that isn't being used and isn't paid off yet boggles my mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Odradek posted:

I'm pissed I can't attend a talk tomorrow given by one of my former co-workers on the Tsar Bomba. 50 MT of canned sunshine that could have been upgraded to 100 MT. Those drat Russkies knew how to go big.

Honestly, I would like to hear an in depth discussion on the decision and merit of the split in strategy. Where the US stopped chasing BIG rear end NUMBERS and decided to focus on precision and tactical use vs the USSR's kill them all and let God sort it out.

Frankly I like the boldness of detonating something large enough to rattle windows on the other side of the planet. But is it really more effective than a handful of well placed future city block redevelopment plans?

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

A Bad Poster posted:

The amount of people arguing about putting a new stadium in Saint Louis for a MLS team, when they already have a stadium that isn't being used and isn't paid off yet boggles my mind.

Toronto FC got really loving butthurt that the Toronto Argonauts (CFL team) started playing on the same field because it rips the field to shreds

It's better than having 10k people in the skydome, capacity 65k.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

MA-Horus posted:

Toronto FC got really loving butthurt that the Toronto Argonauts (CFL team) started playing on the same field because it rips the field to shreds

St Louis doesn't have a football team to tear up the field.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

facialimpediment posted:

Just remember that cities like Las Vegas are perfectly happy to subsidize NFL stadiums (Vegas to the tune of $750m) because their constituents would vote them out if they didn't.

And they're building it in the middle of a very congested corridor. They don't realize how much we're gonna be hurting throughout football season.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Trump is making announcements on Instagram now

https://www.instagram.com/p/BSR8I3MA5Cz/

Also lol good luck with that one trump!

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Genocide Tendency posted:

Honestly, I would like to hear an in depth discussion on the decision and merit of the split in strategy. Where the US stopped chasing BIG rear end NUMBERS and decided to focus on precision and tactical use vs the USSR's kill them all and let God sort it out.

Frankly I like the boldness of detonating something large enough to rattle windows on the other side of the planet. But is it really more effective than a handful of well placed future city block redevelopment plans?

MIRVs and accuracy.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Wasabi the J posted:

And they're building it in the middle of a very congested corridor. They don't realize how much we're gonna be hurting throughout football season.

The people who vote to pay billions of dollars for football will put up with anything to be a "first class American city.'

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

St Louis doesn't have a football team to tear up the field.

Even when they had a team they weren't tearing it up. :v:

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
I honestly wonder if pro sports in the US would even be solvent if they werent subsidized with mountains of taxpayer dollars and tax-exemptions as far as the eye can see

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Dude reposted the same dumb New York Post article from two days ago, albeit with an even saltier line, and a not-even-veiled threat.

Is this dementia?

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/847455180912181249

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

My understanding is that if you put a single multi-MT nuke on the top of your missile, a lot of your boom is superheating the air above your target. A MIRVed missile with a bunch of smaller nukes is going to incinerate more of the surface area you're aiming at.

Agreed that this talk would be baller, hopefully it ends up on YouTube.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Dude reposted the same dumb New York Post article from two days ago, albeit with an even saltier line, and a not-even-veiled threat.

Is this dementia?

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/847455180912181249

Ya know, after the health care bill got poo poo on so hilariously and his TOTALLY NOT A MUSLIM BAN SUPER PINKY SWEAR YOU GUYS executive orders have been blocked by the courts you'd think he would have figured out how this whole tripartite government thing works. I'd say someone should sit down with Schoolhouse Rock's "I'm just a bill" clip but he'd never make it past ten seconds, so I guess he's just gonna spend the rest of his hopefully short time in office threatening to pass laws.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
I thought the Trumpenreich would be a boilerplate GOP admin. His dependence on the party to function would supersede his authority. That was the reasoning.

This is much more entertaining

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Epic Rap Battle of History: Andrei Sakharov vs Robert Moses.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Accretionist posted:

I thought the Trumpenreich would be a boilerplate GOP admin. His dependence on the party to function would supersede his authority. That was the reasoning.

This is much more entertaining

His ego doesnt allow anyone to have any success that isn't dependant upon him. He could have shut up and rubber stamped anything to come across his desk and been a GOP Hero but he even he knew it was false.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Makes me wonder if a Cambridge Analytica style operation targeting Trump, individually, could leverage his narcissism for UHC. He'd be an American hero for centuries. I mean, he's on social media and watching both television and internet news. In theory, his brain's publicly accessible.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Comey is a hard one to figure out

https://twitter.com/ryanjreilly/status/847593559142395904

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Niceme.me

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Accretionist posted:

Makes me wonder if a Cambridge Analytica style operation targeting Trump, individually, could leverage his narcissism for UHC. He'd be an American hero for centuries. I mean, he's on social media and watching both television and internet news. In theory, his brain's publicly accessible.

Broadcast intrusions into his Breitbart stream to make him think Fox And Friends want to implement Canada's public health system. Like the Max Headroom incident, but more psychological and less weird.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Proud Christian Mom posted:

I honestly wonder if pro sports in the US would even be solvent if they werent subsidized with mountains of taxpayer dollars and tax-exemptions as far as the eye can see

Yes.

They just wouldn't be the equivalent of purchasing a $100 bill printing press. But they would still make a poo poo ton of money.

Unless you are including racing. Which is not solvent and is a way for rich men burn not just their money, but fat loving cash from major corporations. Kinda like politics but less dangerous to the competitors and better for the environment.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Comey is a hard one to figure out

I think he's a decent guy that had no idea what he was getting into during the campaign. He thought he could weigh into politics just once, then he found out that he had indeed touched the poop and there's no takesies backsies.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

MA-Horus posted:

It's disrespectful to soccer to share a field especially with a football team and if TFC wants to be admitted into the pantheon of top flight MLS clubs they need their own stadium, and to play on grass. :agesilaus:

Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

Venezuela just went full dictatorship. The National Assembly has been annulled by the Supreme Court.

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

I need to go scrap some money together cause my avatar is just sad.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2017/03/30/americas/venezuela-dissolves-national-assembly/index.html

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

god drat flynn has no shame

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Frosted Flake posted:

It's disrespectful to soccer to share a field especially with a football team and if TFC wants to be admitted into the pantheon of top flight MLS clubs they need their own stadium, and to play on grass. :agesilaus:

The Sounders, Last year's MLS cup winner, play in the same stadium as the Seahawks. It goes unused by the Hawks for the majority of the MLS season, so I don't see the big deal.

Edit: I guess the sounders play on something called FieldTurf as well. Suck it, purists

Slim Pickens fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Mar 31, 2017

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Kazinsal posted:

Like the Max Headroom incident, but more psychological and less weird.

I had never heard of the Max Headroom Incident until today. This thread continues to be the best in GiP.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Arc Light posted:

I had never heard of the Max Headroom Incident until today. This thread continues to be the best in GiP.

There was a series of threads on Reddit about it where initially a guy thought it might have been these two brothers he knew back then, but later came to the conclusion it wasn't them. Even so, it was a really interesting read about broadcast signal intrusion and all the stuff that it would take to pull off a stunt like that. As far as I can remember it's the only incident of signal intrusion where they've never found out who did it. Some other guy did it to HBO's signal on satellite, got caught because he was using company equipment to do it.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Field turf is the loving devil

You're knee or ankle will give before that poo poo does

The burns are the worst

It doesn't dissapaite heat so it feels like your on a frying pan

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

What are the odds Ryan gets replaced as speaker of the house by someone like Lindsey Graham before we start impeachment musical chairs?

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Jar-jar-Trumpetien is going to get ideas from Venezuela and try and dissolve the senate

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013
Pretty bad since Graham is a Senator, and can't be speaker of the house, and I don't think a political party would ever impeach its own president. And guess what party controls both houses?

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
UMMMM

https://twitter.com/WestWingReport/status/847635937995612160

Who the gently caress knows if this will go anywhere but jfc.

Hearing lots of rumours about this now.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013
There's no way the GOP impeaches their own.

They talking resignation?

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

There's no way the GOP impeaches their own.

They talking resignation?

Apparently two "reliable" sources said Trump is considering it.

I actually really doubt that this is going to be the case. I don't think the Republican Party will ever impeach, nor do I think that Trump will ever resign.

But the fact that all of this is being bandied around is very noteworthy, so soon into his Presidency.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Less than 2.5 months, y'all.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Godholio posted:

Less than 2.5 months, y'all.

Does he get any long term benefits if he resigns? As in state payed ones.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

The Iron Rose posted:

Apparently two "reliable" sources said Trump is considering it.

I actually really doubt that this is going to be the case. I don't think the Republican Party will ever impeach, nor do I think that Trump will ever resign.

But the fact that all of this is being bandied around is very noteworthy, so soon into his Presidency.

This has to be bullshit. Trump would never in a million years resign thereby admitting failure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008
If he could spin it as "these people don't want to get anything done I don't need to take all this poo poo" and act like he's too good for it then I could see him doing it. But that would require another miserable few months for him first, I think.

• Locked thread