Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...

DaveWoo posted:

Random Question - how rare are Lucky Deck div cards? I just got one, and I'm wondering if it'd be worth my time to try for a full set.

They're worth 3-5c each. If you want to gamble, feel free to buy/farm for the rest but your chances of getting anything too interesting are slim. But they're non-zero and it could be fun!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Yep, the guys from Oriath are [Removed by Support] and apparently one or more of the GGG devs are [Removed by Support] and still hold a grudge against the [Removed by Support] even though they weren't alive during the [Removed by Support].

GGG

Jusupov fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Mar 30, 2017

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Jusupov posted:

Yep, the guys from Oriath are [Removed by Support] and apparently one or more of the GGG devs are [Removed by Support] and still hold a grudge against the [Removed by Support] even though they weren't alive during the [Removed by Support].

GGG

This seems rather easy to fake.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

McFrugal posted:

This seems rather easy to fake.

True, but some of the posts have the edit by a GGG support member

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
I hate myself for reading more than the first couple of posts of that.

Ripper Swarm
Sep 9, 2009

It's not that I hate it. It's that I loathe it.
I discovered last night that the Temple map boss -who I'd never faced before- has a mechanic where he forces you to follow him between 2 small portal-linked areas by dropping a huge, hugely damaging vortex in the area he's not in.

I discovered this in a map with the "Two Unique Bosses" modifier.

It didn't go so well.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Jusupov posted:

GGG

[Removed by Support] Punks gently caress Off

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Phobophilia posted:

I can't wait to Punch Every [Removed by Support] In Sight

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
As bad as the star citizen thread posters with their spoilered "You need a platinum account to view this post" tbh

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Jusupov posted:

GGG

poo poo like that is amusing considering all the times I've looked at the forums to see quality users like ForthReich posting at the tops of the threads.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst
Is GGG denying that the oriath design was inspired by Nazis/Romans? That seemed kind of obvious in the trailer.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Can I get a critique of my GrottyLittleWanker character please. Im not sure what I should be looking at upgrading next, and where my next skill points should go. I just picked up Minion Instability, but im not 100% sold on it yet. I have gone around and grabbed as much life as seemed reasonable. I know I am over cap on resistances, but my last few upgrades just sort of happened to them as a bonus. I know my flasks need changing up, but I dont know what to.

edit : SHould I start getting gems up to 20% quality?

NPR Journalizard fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Mar 31, 2017

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Eezee posted:

Is GGG denying that the oriath design was inspired by Nazis/Romans? That seemed kind of obvious in the trailer.

I think the problem is they have people moderating the forums who are explicitly instructed to remove all mentions of nazis and other things related to the holocaust due to racism concerns, but that just doesn't make sense when discussing Oriath and the moderation policies have not been changed.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Someone was asking in gchat earlier about when tabs would go on sale. All of them will be on sale this weekend (called it).

Minions (besides SRS and golems) are getting buffed like whoa in the 3.0 beta.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

BobbyK posted:

Yeah, whisper coolwitchgal

And yes, meant 6 socket not 6 link. It's real nice having a 6 link without actually having to link it

A fine gentlegoon! I now have WI and some other useful stuff for around that level. :3:

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
HEY GUYS I'M A loving MORON

that is all

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

theshim posted:

that is all

Same

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

also same

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

As part of our balance adjustments in The Fall of Oriath, we're going to be making some significant changes to the undead minion skills. Below are the first set of changes we'll be trying out in the Beta, and we'll be making further adjustments based on beta testers' experiences with minions in the new content.

While many of these changes are to improve the power and usability of these skills, we're also trying to improve performance by reducing the maximum number of minions, but increasing their power to compensate.

Zombies
Raised Zombies have had their damage increased, and now do 45% more damage with a level 20 minion gem. Alongside the new zombie threshold jewel, they should be a more reliable source of damage while maintaining their defensive capabilities.

Skeleton Warriors
These have been significantly increased in damage, and now deal 135% more damage per second with a level 20 gem. Their attack animation has been sped up and improved so that they strike earlier in the swing. The Summon Skeletons skill has had its cast time reduced to 0.5 seconds from 0.8 seconds, and now only summons one skeleton per cast. The mana cost of the skill has been significantly reduced. Skeletal Warriors now have an inherent 20% chance to block. The skill now summons up to 5 skeletons at all levels of the gem, instead of growing from 4 to 6 as the skill increased in level. They now have a -30% multiplier to added damage, down from -50%, bringing them in-line with the multiplier on Raging Spirits.

There are now fewer sources of additional skeletons; Uniques and items that granted additional skeletons (Including existing items) will now grant no more than 1 additional skeleton, and there are fewer sources of additional skeletons to be found in the passive tree. The helmet enchantment that spawned additional skeletons per cast will be reworked or replaced. With investment in uniques and passives, a player should be able to reach around 15 skeletons. The Army of Bones jewel will now grant 1 additional skeleton, has a limit of 1, and is being reworked.

Skeletal Mages
These minions have had their projectile skill's damage significantly increased, and have a much faster cast time on their spell. This projectile now deals 50% more damage at level 20 of the skill gem. They benefit from many of the changes to the base skill that summons that are noted above, including the cast time, mana cost, and maximum number of skeletons. The Dead Reckoning jewel that lets players summon Skeletal Mages is now limited to 3, and lets the skill summon 5 additional skeletal mages, up from 3 per jewel.

Previously, skeletal mages dealt significantly more damage at level 19 and above of the gem, as an unintentional result of changes to monster spells. Their damage now grows much more evenly, making them significantly more powerful at lower levels.

Spectres
We're hoping to have improvements to how spectres are stored, with the eventual goal of having spectres persist through logouts.

Spectres now also have a higher movement speed multiplier cap, so they can travel faster than before if their movement speed is significantly increased.

Maddot_66
Apr 4, 2007
Take the bomb to C, C Dammit!!

:dukedog:

cinci zoo sniper posted:

As part of our balance adjustments in The Fall of Oriath, we're going to be making some significant changes to the undead minion skills. Below are the first set of changes we'll be trying out in the Beta, and we'll be making further adjustments based on beta testers' experiences with minions in the new content.

While many of these changes are to improve the power and usability of these skills, we're also trying to improve performance by reducing the maximum number of minions, but increasing their power to compensate.

Zombies
Raised Zombies have had their damage increased, and now do 45% more damage with a level 20 minion gem. Alongside the new zombie threshold jewel, they should be a more reliable source of damage while maintaining their defensive capabilities.

Skeleton Warriors
These have been significantly increased in damage, and now deal 135% more damage per second with a level 20 gem. Their attack animation has been sped up and improved so that they strike earlier in the swing. The Summon Skeletons skill has had its cast time reduced to 0.5 seconds from 0.8 seconds, and now only summons one skeleton per cast. The mana cost of the skill has been significantly reduced. Skeletal Warriors now have an inherent 20% chance to block. The skill now summons up to 5 skeletons at all levels of the gem, instead of growing from 4 to 6 as the skill increased in level. They now have a -30% multiplier to added damage, down from -50%, bringing them in-line with the multiplier on Raging Spirits.

There are now fewer sources of additional skeletons; Uniques and items that granted additional skeletons (Including existing items) will now grant no more than 1 additional skeleton, and there are fewer sources of additional skeletons to be found in the passive tree. The helmet enchantment that spawned additional skeletons per cast will be reworked or replaced. With investment in uniques and passives, a player should be able to reach around 15 skeletons. The Army of Bones jewel will now grant 1 additional skeleton, has a limit of 1, and is being reworked.

Skeletal Mages
These minions have had their projectile skill's damage significantly increased, and have a much faster cast time on their spell. This projectile now deals 50% more damage at level 20 of the skill gem. They benefit from many of the changes to the base skill that summons that are noted above, including the cast time, mana cost, and maximum number of skeletons. The Dead Reckoning jewel that lets players summon Skeletal Mages is now limited to 3, and lets the skill summon 5 additional skeletal mages, up from 3 per jewel.

Previously, skeletal mages dealt significantly more damage at level 19 and above of the gem, as an unintentional result of changes to monster spells. Their damage now grows much more evenly, making them significantly more powerful at lower levels.

Spectres
We're hoping to have improvements to how spectres are stored, with the eventual goal of having spectres persist through logouts.

Spectres now also have a higher movement speed multiplier cap, so they can travel faster than before if their movement speed is significantly increased.

If this goes in as is, the Baron zombie build is going to be stupid good. I might have to do that as my first jerk in 3.0.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
They have finally given us numbers. Here is an srs dps calc

YoungSexualNorton
Aug 8, 2004
These are good for the children's brains.
Seems like almost every major patch has tried to improve the classic minions one way or another. Hasn't the root issue always been that they get completely shredded by aoe heavy bosses and higher tier maps? I guess eventually they'll cram enough damage into few enough minions that it becomes worthwhile but that does seem like a hard thing to balance.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

I kind of want to make the United in Dream CWC Summon Skeletons now.

If only United in Dream wasn't expensive as gently caress.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

theshim posted:

that is all

At first I thought this was a new filter and then I remembered and felt kinda bad again. At least you got it sold promptly.

mobile client :argh:

Hauki fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Mar 31, 2017

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

My problem with minions is that they're slow.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Duck and Cover posted:

And stupid.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Duck and Cover posted:

Queen's Escape fixes that :v:

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

I imagine CWC channeling a small army of skeletons who will swing once or twice before exploding in fiery chaos clouds would solve both of those problems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzegU2UCpyk

YoungSexualNorton
Aug 8, 2004
Is CWC really even all that useful for skeletons after the beta changes? You get .28 cast time for a maxed out cwc, but they dropped the base cast time for summon skeletons to .3 while also reducing the overall number that you're gonna be summoning.

I get that wither is useful but it seems like at that point it'd be stronger to put in two additional supports and either self cast wither separately or use a totem.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

redneck nazgul posted:

I kind of want to make the United in Dream CWC Summon Skeletons now.

If only United in Dream wasn't expensive as gently caress.

4ex is expensive as gently caress? Maybe try playing the game?

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Holyshoot posted:

4ex is expensive as gently caress? Maybe try playing the game?

Lol don't be that guy

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
The game and this thread are filled with those guys.

To be fair, a lot of wealth simply comes from playing a lot.

But to be fair again, a lot of people don't have that much time on their hands, so gathering up 4ex worth of currency isn't as easy as some people seem to think.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

4ex is, without hella rng, about as much as I have in gear at leagues end, if I play as much as I normally do. It's easy to see how I'd make way more if I played more hours, and I get that this game is designed for hardcore players who pour the hours in, but there's no call to say that a multiple ex item isn't expensive. Of course, last league I used up multiple leagues worth of rng... I got a doctor, a tukohama shield, a 6L in under 20 fusings, and a few other items in the 1-2ex range, so this league I expect to see nothing good at all haha.

YoungSexualNorton
Aug 8, 2004
Well, expensive as the breach items are right now I imagine they're going to go way, way higher once breaches are map mod only. Which is fair because there are some incredibly strong ones.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

theshim posted:

help I'm dumb and want to do a viper strike build

are there any good ones

Im doing a binos breath assassin. Tooltip is 31k and melts everything at lvl 76. Defenses is kind of weak though, as i went life w a Cherrubims. I was lvl 70 running through t8s mostly fine. Occasional Haast or something would instakill me though.
Tooltup at 31k i think PoB says about 5 mil dps right now. At 92 finished build should be 15 as i only have more crit nodes to take. And i keep forfetting to do lab, so thatll make a big difference.
I made a glass cannon version as well that says 49 mil dps, but would prob get one shot by a frog. Could be cool with an aurabot though.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

So I'm rolling a Viper Strike Slayer dude and I'm suffering from analysis paralysis. I'm in A4C now and have done normal lab, picking up Bane of Legends, because duh. But I can't decide between:

*Impact -> Endless Hunger -> Brutal Fervour: Impact lets me have one 6L for Viper Strike (already have a 6L EV/AR body armour, literally my only good drop this loving league), then whatever I can get on my weapon for Ancestral Protector. Brutal Fervour lets me skip Unwavering Stance and having to pack Staunching flasks.
*Impact -> Headsman -> Endless Hunger: Worry about stun and bleed in exchange for basically ignoring phys reflect and picking up a damage buff and bigger AoE for Impact most of the time.
*Endless Hunger -> Brutal Fervour -> Headsman: The most defensive setup of the bunch, but means either gem swapping or dedicating a 4L for trash.

Halp

whydirt posted:

WotC only puts duals below rare when they are needed for limited, like in a gold-heavy set.

:what:

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Mar 31, 2017

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
WotC only puts duals below rare when they are needed for limited, like in a gold-heavy set.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

whydirt posted:

Ok

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

whydirt posted:

That's a very good thing to know. So if you're dual wielding rares, there's a limited set of options because really you're trying to make your character look gold?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Please don't kinkshame fellow gentlegoon for being an MtG afficionado.

• Locked thread