Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Mendrian posted:

My big issue with the whole extra stats thing is that it tumbles directly into the same issue that the Perk Decks did; they're a bandaid designed to add more build flexibility. There is nothing about Perk Decks that could not have been rolled into the skill system, particularly since there are perks that obviously are meant to go with certain skill sets anyway. Adding yet another opaque system for stat gain is getting a little out of hand.

Every time they add a new system like this I like to imagine I'm a new player coming at this for the first time and it's enough to make me roll my eyes if nothing else.
Yeah its important when designing something to think of how it works when explaining it to new players. I just want to ask Jules to explain Payday 2 to new players.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Yeah its important when designing something to think of how it works when explaining it to new players. I just want to ask Jules to explain Payday 2 to new players.

Day 3 coming soon!

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Discendo Vox posted:

Day 3 coming soon!
:suicide:

Also, the infinite Infamy would be less bad if one of the infamy options was to have a minimum starting level. Each time you take it means you start one level higher, up to level 20 or something.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

It's not even explaining it that's a hurdle here - by what's described it's yet another rich-get-richer issue. Awesome for the spergs/long timers to play with, but likely out of reach for the first hundred hours or so. And since you can be drat sure it's going to be included in the math for future balance, that's going to move future challenges further and further out of reach of 'new' (not infamy 10+) players. Even if a new player entirely understands the system, by what's been described it's going to be another layer of mechanical disadvantage that really isn't needed.

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope
I've been out for a while. Is GoonMod still usable with the current build?

TalonDemonKing
May 4, 2011

Speaking of people who've been out for a while, what's the meta like now? Turrets still good?
Also what the hell is this kingpin deck? It looks like garbage.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

TalonDemonKing posted:

Speaking of people who've been out for a while, what's the meta like now? Turrets still good?
Also what the hell is this kingpin deck? It looks like garbage.
  • Turrets suck now- the recent update boosted enemy damage, accuracy and raw numbers.
  • Jokers rock with skills and are virtually invulnerable on top difficulties(they have 99% damage resistance)
  • Weapon damage and ammo pickup is everything- DMR'd ARs are the easiest way to go, though there are other options.
  • Silencer skills are a huge benefit since, again, damage is everything.
  • GLs, especially the China Puff and Arbiter, are the meta secondary slot.
  • Berzerker anarchist builds are popular.
  • kingpin is like a free swan song every 20 seconds or so.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Mar 26, 2017

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Shalhavet posted:

I've been out for a while. Is GoonMod still usable with the current build?

Goonmod stopped development after the guy who made it got hired by Overkill. Prior to update 134 the game would crash if you access the skills menu and you could fix it by deleting the SkillTreeGUINew.lua file.

Haven't tried it since then but it probably still works if you keep force loading the mod (and having deleted the file).

Wilko did at least allow Continental Coins to be farmed via finishing Gage packages before he stopped entirely, so I have nearly 2000.

UnknownMercenary fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Mar 26, 2017

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Can confirm it still works, just tried a bit ago. Three jewelry stores got me back to 180+ coins (at 60 a pop for gage packs)

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.
I have 1100 of them burning a hole in my pocket, can't wait to buy some stat boosts. Having done everything there is to do in this game (except the four Russian weapon pack achievements because I'm not buying that without a discount), anything fresh is good at this point. Except stupid infinite infamy.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

What really gets me is how Infamy 2.0 was mostly lazy and instead of fixing that like they said they would, they're just tacking on even more levels with yet another system of progression.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

It's a huge disappointment but was it really a surprise?

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.
Lazy additions? Let's look at the history...

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.
Was dicking around with some secondary shotguns and found that while HE rounds work with suppressors, Dragon's Breath rounds do not. No idea how this makes any sense whatsoever even in the context of being able to silence a shotgun in the first place.

It is still pretty fun to proc life regen on Grinder by burning hordes of policemen with the GSPS, but the ammo pick-up is too poo poo to be viable above Mayhem, I think.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

You need to use it with one of the auto shotguns. Those things have absurd pickup and the damage over time is the same regardless of your gun's damage.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

quote:

Hello heisters, crooks and robbers!
We've seen your concerns regarding mods that give players unfair advantages, or completely change limiting mechanics such as with Silent Assassin, which has been brought up most often. We do agree with those who claim that this mod gives players who use it an unfair advantage, it removes core mechanics of the game meant to balance your ability to traverse a level.
We’re working on a system that works as a filter, you’ll be able to de-select modded servers entirely should you wish. If you just want to be selective about what mods you play with, you’ll be able to see what mods are active on the server before you connect. We're aware that this won't please everyone, but it will help legitimate players make informed decisions on what hosts to join, giving you the option of selecting another host. This means we won't be reviewing individual mods, but will let you the player, decide what you feel is fair or not.
We can promise this system will be out before the end of the year, but not exactly when. Until then we ask you patience, and ask you not to go on a witch hunt for those that have spoken up in support of mods you feel give an unfair advantage[lol]. Opinions differ and we've never explicitly spoken out against it before this point.
And to those wondering about cheating in regards to PAYDAY 3, let's quote the AMA; we can't talk about that, not for a long time yet.
Joakim.

Another worthwhile project from Wilko, even though it's coming very late in the game's development. Thanks Wilko! I mean, when are we getting that music visualizer thing ingame Wilko, you sellout?!

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Mar 28, 2017

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Discendo Vox posted:

Another worthwhile project from Wilko, even though it's coming very late in the game's development. Thanks Wilko! I mean, when are we getting that goonmod laser color ingame Wilko, you sellout?!

FTFY

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Gimmick builds mayhem trip reports:

Yakuza remains a pretty mediocre perk deck, but the combo of moving at near-LBV speeds in ICTV and having sub-1s armor regen is a decent combination. Too bad the capstone perk deck ability is garbage.

Crook is a weird dodge/armor hybrid deck. This build combines the best of both those worlds with frenzerking to get reasonable damage out of the AK rifle, which features good pickup. It is very skill intensive to make the most of LBV and dodging and the end result is underwhelming considering the investment.

The JP36 is proof that anarchist-frenzerking + silencer skills can make anything passable. No fully loaded and yet the pickup is 10-17 rounds per box. I actually really like this build and resulting JP36.

Sociopath LMG can be a lot of fun although this one's more of a standout in overkill. For mayhem the damage is underwhelming even with aced body expertise. A notable feature is that the sociopath armor regen procs on kills and medium range kills are independent of each other and the bullseye proc, so the armor stays up and strong as long as there are cops to shoot.

Brenner LMG is a lot of fun and much like the JP36 build, more proof that drat near anything's viable with anarchist-frenzerking + silencer skills. The Brenner (with silencer and +accuracy skills) is accurate enough to not miss body expertise.

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.
My gimmick build of choice is Yakuza ICTV with Frenzy and Akimbo pistols. Pop out of cover, shoot as many enemies as possible with one eye on the armour counter, pop back in and do it all over again in literally 2 seconds. Get downed for misjudging time/distance by a hair.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
https://www.twitch.tv/starbreeze There's a Dev stream right now and they're showing off something called Crime Spree, which is a way to create our own multi day heists (I have no idea that you pick or roll), and there are modifiers, which are Mutators, but tame and they make sense. Like more damage for enemies, they can't be staggered, Cloakers drop smokes when they kick someone.

Also the words "Minigun Bulldozer" were just said. :holymoly:

Oh okay, you roll 3 random heist days for this. Kinda cool.

Oooooh, the Crime Spree has Gage Perks - you can buy stuff for Continental Coins, one per player, but those are things like 70% more ammo, extra grenades, +movespeed, infinite resources, etc. THey show off that one of those is 18 coins.

Wait, I misunderstood - you pick one of three heists the game rolls for you (days), and then you pick modifiers for it, after you beat it you get some cool rewards. Now after you beat it, you pick another modifier that stacks, and you can pick another heist, and get BETTER rewards, and this continiues untill some point, there's no word on that, but this lets you chain days really fast.

If you fail... you don't increase your Crime Spree level, and you get to cash out your rewards. But, you can continiue your crime spree after failing if you pay enough Continental Coins... in the video it's 92 coins (but modifiers are 18, and the numbers aren't final so there's that).

Kikas fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Mar 29, 2017

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

OK, so that's the new treadmill. Well done, Wilko! This endless runner model could revitalize the game in a number of ways, though the devil is in the details, of course. But I'm really not too interested until the underlying loud mechanics are fixed.

...I'm glad someone got my memo about the OverDozer. Now we just need one with an RPG!

edit: reddit has screenshots of a birthday cake with a 5 on it in the safehouse. It's confusing everyone because it's not quite the fifth anniversary of either the franchise or the game.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Mar 29, 2017

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Full stream rundown, courtesy of Zdann. My comments in brackets/bold.
  • You are required to be level 60 to access the Crime Spree feature.
  • It will cost you Continental Coins to start a Crime Spree.
  • The heists that are presented for the Crime Spree are randomized. They are not actually contracts, because it can select a single day from a multi
    day heist. For example, Day 2 of the Biker Heists was one of the options.
  • The 'stopwatch' icon symbolizes the duration of the heist. There's a short 5 minute heist, a medium duration heist, and a longer heist that goes above 12 minutes.
  • The Ghost icon means that it's stealthable, evidently. There's a minimum of 1 heist selected that can be stealthed. [This will be massively exploitable]
  • It cannot select heists that the host doesn't have access to.
  • You can select 'modifiers' to apply to the heist. 3 are chosen randomly, and you select 1 of them.
  • These aren't the same exact thing as mutators, because mutators are a bit more "wild". Modifiers are supposed to make the game more interesting and difficult.
  • There are loud modifiers and stealth modifiers.
  • You must select additional modifiers as the level increases. The value doesn't appear to be consistent, though they initially said every 50 levels.
  • The same modifier can stack multiple times if it appears again. This is additive, not multiplicative.
  • Achievements are not disabled, but it's not recommended because it will be much harder.
  • They can add more modifiers once they've gotten enough interest in the feature.
  • Again, modifiers will not be as ridiculous as mutators. You select so many of them, so they're toned down.
  • Once you have selected all the modifiers needed, you can use Continental Coins to reroll the heists you have been given. Rerolling will increase the price, from 6 > 12 > 18 > etc.
  • The Stealth symbol doesn't mean that you have to do the heist in stealth.
  • Overkill is the base difficulty for Crime Spree. Modifiers are applied to this to make it harder.
  • There is no release date as of right now.
  • The more heists that are added to the game, the more options that will be available for Crime Spree.
  • Gage Perks are available to purchase for Continental Coins. Perks like Adrenaline Shot, Endless Resources, Explosion Immunity, Fast Feet, Grim Reaper, Extra Life, Experimental Plating, and Bottomless Pockets are shown, all costing 18 coins.
  • Bottomless Pockets causes all players to receive 70% extra throwable weapons.
  • You cannot buy all the Perks, only one Perk per player can be purchased.
  • The values shown on stream are placeholders.
  • You do not have to go back to the menu to select a heist, you can select another heist once you've finished the current one.
  • The amount of levels you gain depends on how long the heist is.
  • Tips on the loading screen are back.
  • Failing a Crime Spree will normally end it and reset your Crime Spree level. If you wish to continue from the Crime Spree level that you failed at, you have to pay a high amount of Continental Coins.
  • When you start a new Crime Spree, you'll be able to start at the highest level you achieved. For example, the developer reached level 430 when he failed, so he can start at level 430.
  • This isn't the same as continuing because you won't have any of the rewards you accumulated.
  • If you crash, it counts as failing the Crime Spree. You can still continue it if you want to pay the price.
  • Failing a Crime Spree still allows you to claim your accumulated rewards.
  • There will always be 4 different starting levels for a Crime Spree. The first 3 are currently placeholder values, then the last is the highest level you reached.
  • You can pause the Crime Spree and resume it at a later time, you aren't forced to go until you die. Quitting in the middle of one still counts as a failure.
  • You don't have to adhere to the host's Crime Spree, you can start your own.
  • Claiming your rewards will end the Crime Spree and reset the current level.
  • Gage Perks are only for one heist, they do not persist.
  • Everybody must pay the price to play a Crime Spree, not just the host.
  • Firestarter Day 1 is not intended to be stealthed. They do not want to encourage it, so they won't add a stealth icon to it (even if they are impressed with those who do). Same thing with Mallcrasher.
  • On Big Oil Day 1, there used to be a bug where shooting a ceiling lamp would call the police. A dev thought it was one of the funniest bugs he has ever seen.
  • If the host doesn't have enough coins to continue, clients can't pay for him.
  • Getting kicked will not end your Crime Spree, you'll stay at the current level.
  • Gage Perks are for the entire team.
  • You can join midway in a Crime Spree, like any other lobby.
  • There is no maximum Crime Spree level. Modifiers will continue to stack until it becomes impossible. [I'm noticing a fun ("fun") infinite MMO grind thing with the systems integrated since CCs were introduced. There's really no reason for this since the damage/health stack buffs will make things impossible pretty fast.]
  • Crime Spree works similarly to Pro Jobs, but it's a more interesting take on it.
  • There will be a few achievements tied to the feature to get people to try it out. It won't be things like "reach level 50" or "reach level 51".
  • As stated earlier, they can't differentiate between crashing and closing the game during a Crime Spree. It counts as a failure, so their recommendation is not to play with mods (though you still can if you want).
  • The Crime Spree "tickets" are a placeholder icon representing the level of the Crime Spree.
  • You will only get rewards for the heists you participate in, if you join midway in. You will not copy the host's reward stack.
  • There are unique rewards in Crime Spree. But they won't reveal them yet.
  • Ashley isn't allowed to leave the basement during the Spring Break event. They'll be adding an extra lock to be safe.
  • The feature isn't very far away, it's close to being finished. [Probably will be available during the upcoming Spring Break event]

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Discendo Vox posted:

Full stream rundown, courtesy of Zdann. My comments in brackets/bold.
  • The Ghost icon means that it's stealthable, evidently. There's a minimum of 1 heist selected that can be stealthed. [This will be massively exploitable]
  • It cannot select heists that the host doesn't have access to.
If only Murky Station were DLC. Then I could turn off all the bad ones for groups.

quote:

• The Stealth symbol doesn't mean that you have to do the heist in stealth.
  • There are loud modifiers and stealth modifiers.
But what if I did the stealthable heist with oppressive levels of stealth modifications in loud?

quote:

Gotta cover all bases in locking out the newbies and the casuals, I guess.

quote:

• Gage Perks are for the entire team.
Since everyone is completely uniform in play style at all times this will never be useless to 3 other players.

quote:

• Ashley isn't allowed to leave the basement during the Spring Break event. They'll be adding an extra lock to be safe.
Wouldn't want their moderator turned community liaison officer to do her job or anything.

quote:

• Gage Perks are available to purchase for Continental Coins. Perks like Adrenaline Shot, Endless Resources, Explosion Immunity, Fast Feet, Grim Reaper, Extra Life, Experimental Plating, and Bottomless Pockets are shown, all costing 18 coins.
I have only the vaguest idea what that first one I marked out is and I can only hope that it is that. Because turrets. The other just confuses me.

maswastaken fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Mar 29, 2017

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
I haven't been around much since I decided to stop playing with a broken keyboard hand in October/November. Kinda fell out of the habit and started playing other games.

Sounds like my hand wasn't the only thing that got all hosed up. What the Christ did they do to my dumb cop clicking game?

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
We're all trapped in this burning crime van together

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Meldonox posted:

I haven't been around much since I decided to stop playing with a broken keyboard hand in October/November. Kinda fell out of the habit and started playing other games.

Sounds like my hand wasn't the only thing that got all hosed up. What the Christ did they do to my dumb cop clicking game?

I've been trying to tell you this....

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Meldonox posted:

A short rundown of the big screwups:
New difficulties were added, Mayhem (between Overkill and DW, useless and bugged) and One Down (at the top, which limits your number of downs (duh) and mandates exploits to clear).

The difficulty addition also rewrote most of the rest of the game's combat stats for the worse.

Enemy health now has flat multipliers applied between difficulties.
HP multiplied by:
VH: *2,
OK: *3
Mayhem: *6
DW: *6
OD: *9. Enemies have thousands of health points, such that damage and ammo recovery are the only thing that matters in weapons.

Max number of enemies on the map at one time was increased. Short version is the max on OD with 4 players is 84. For comparison, the old value on DW used to be ~42. This makes enemies generally unresponsive and buggy.

Enemies on OD (and, to some degree, on DW) have completely broken damage. In particular, basic SWAT enemies do more dps than any special unit, and have the same damage and accuracy at any range. This is enough damage to down almost any player in two hits. Not fun.

Domination:
If the enemy is not at full health: 10% chance to resist. Nothing else matters.
Full skill Jokers have ~99% damage resistance. This makes them virtually immortal on top difficulties, because they retain their health and damage.

Poison was nerfed into the ground.
Fire dot is very powerful.
Melee weapons now all do almost the same (minimal) damage. This is because a future change to melee is planned.
The new meta: Grenade Launchers, berserk anarchist builds and gimmick damage boosting builds, because otherwise survival above overkill is basically luck based.

Enemy spawns were changed.
There are no longer mixed spawn groups- it's all SWAT, all tasers, a pair of bulldozers, etc. Fbi agents no longer spawn. SWAT has a designated "skin" for each difficulty, and otherwise has little variety in weapons or behavior aside from what appear to be bugs in implementation.
Special units spawn only in pairs on Overkill and above.There can be 8 shields on the map at a time.
Cloakers are now very, very rare, except for the maps that spawn them separately- they still get spammed on those.
Several enemy types are missing on OD. It is theorized that this is because, if they were added with the new stats, they would instantly kill players at any range.

The better changes:
Bulldozers have no hurt except short ECM hurt. They can also run (but are bugged so they run all the time).
Medics were added. They refill a nearby enemy's health when the enemy dies, with a short cooldown. Not very effective, but not offensive.
We have a new safehouse, and several cycling daily objective things that can be used to get "Continental Coins". CCs are used for safehouse upgrades, weapon mods, etc. You also get them by just heisting, but it takes forever.
There have been several quite cool new heists and characters.
Continental Coins are apparently going to be the next big grindy currency that is added to the game.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Mar 30, 2017

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Discendo Vox posted:

Enemies on OD (and, to some degree, on DW) have completely broken damage. In particular, basic SWAT enemies do more dps than any special unit, and have the same damage and accuracy at any range. This is enough damage to down almost any player in two hits. Not fun.

To elaborate on this to make clear how goddamn stupid it is, normal cops on OD (those with the rifles) do 225 damage at all ranges out to 60 meters (ie everywhere), with at least 70% accuracy (90+% within 10m).

Without taking Armorer/Anarchist, your maximum armor (ICTV+skills) is 221, meaning it will go down in 1 hit no matter what. Thus unless you're running those decks, there's effectively zero armor difference between ICTV and a suit. Once your armor's down, one hit'll take out your health, too, unless you're running Muscle/et al.

So a OD map has ~80 non-specials on it that can two-shot you from any range with 70+% accuracy hitscan weapons and have enough health to take an M308 to the face and live. And that's before you talk about the 18,000 health Bulldozers or the 400,000 health SWAT turrets.

One Down is really, really stupid. (Not unplayable, but dumb as hell.)

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Discendo Vox posted:

[I'm noticing a fun ("fun") infinite MMO grind thing with the systems integrated since CCs were introduced. There's really no reason for this since the damage/health stack buffs will make things impossible pretty fast.]

This and Infinitamy really do clock as features to keep the game on life support until Payday 3.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

John Murdoch posted:

This and Infinitamy really do clock as features to keep the game on life support until Payday 3.

I'm not sure the goal is quite that consistent. I mean, maybe. But I should note that my sources say payday 3 is way, way off. The current plan is still payday 2 content development for the foreseeable future. Having no end to these systems also loses the audiences (like me) that are ultimately motivated by completion.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Discendo Vox posted:

I'm not sure the goal is quite that consistent. I mean, maybe. But I should note that my sources say payday 3 is way, way off. The current plan is still payday 2 content development for the foreseeable future. Having no end to these systems also loses the audiences (like me) that are ultimately motivated by completion.

Well yeah, if Payday 3 was right around the corner, why would they bother? :v: As for "content development" am I nuts or have we been getting more out-of-the-blue weapon packs than anything else lately?

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.

quote:

You don't have to adhere to the host's Crime Spree, you can start your own

You can't be in the same lobby though running different sprees right? This part I don't understand

Also the game mode sounds awesome but console is so far behind that i almost try not to follow any pc update news at this point.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?

Discendo Vox posted:

Several enemy types are missing on OD. It is theorized that this is because, if they were added with the new stats, they would instantly kill players at any range.

Who's missing? HRT and other weak cops?

OD strategy is to basically avoid being shot as much as possible - dodge build, jokers to draw fire, flash bangs, weapons that can one shot cops (I used heavy crossbow plus aced body expertise to one shot dozers), etc. Focus on objectives and GTFO as soon as possible.

God help you on Goat Simulator OD.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

clockworkjoe posted:

Who's missing? HRT and other weak cops?

More than that- HRT and other irregular cops are missing on all difficulties now. What's special about OD is that it's missing enemy types that use certain weapons. There are no shotgun SWAT, and both "colors" of Z-Dozer use the Remington. Shields are also using damage/weapon tables from, iirc, Overkill. There are several OD-specific weapon damage tables (for shields with different guns, and the IZHMA bulldozers, etc), but they're completely dummied out. I think this is because the devs realized how much damage these enemies would deal.

Russian enemies from Boiling Point have the wrong values on both Mayhem and DW- I forget the details, but I think they're using all the DW values on Mayhem (making them harder) and DW damage values on OD. That may be inaccurate, and reading the tables is a pain so I'm not going to check right now.

A note on OD Jokers
OD Jokers have their OD health and damage values when converted, plus any benefits provided by skills. Since these include damage, accuracy and a 99% health boost, this means that OD Jokers with all skills applied take 1 or less damage when hit, one-shot almost all enemies, and last forever. When running any day with beat cops or security guards, feel free to Jokerize them. They will often last the entire heist.

The big fancy meta for OD is to just be running with 8 jokers at all times, because it further screws with the enemy AI's attention. This only becomes difficult on heists where the Jokers can't follow you somewhere (like Beneath the Mountain and Goat Heist day 2. I can provide some strats for Goat Heist on OD if folks are interested.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Mar 31, 2017

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Since coins are becoming so important, any good grinding strats aside from running safe house raid 24/7?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

clockworkjoe posted:

Since coins are becoming so important, any good grinding strats aside from running safe house raid 24/7?

Step 1: Get Goonmod. It's still fully functional, and has the Overkill Seal of We Hired the Modder.
Step 2: Go to the mods folder and open a text file called "mods_shop". It will be under "GoonMod/mods".
Step 3: Save a backup of the file just in case.
Step 4: Find the string, "tweak_data.safehouse.rewards.challenge" near the end of the file.
Step 5: Replace the string in quotes above with a number. This number will be the number of Continental Coins you get for completing a package set!
Step 6: Bear in mind the completion screen at the end of the heist will count your coins, so don't go too crazy. Zoidberg once set it to 1000, and was host. That was a long evening. When I want to get more coins I set it to 25.

With some more tweaking, that file can also let you buy any mask customization item (if you have legit access to it) for a single CC. So you can get DLC masks only if you own the DLC/unlocked the mask, you can only get halloween stuff during halloween, etc.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Mar 31, 2017

Lyrai
Jan 18, 2012

Discendo Vox posted:

Step 6: Bear in mind the completion screen at the end of the heist will count your coins, so don't go too crazy. Zoidberg once set it to 1000, and was host. That was a long evening. When I want to get more coins I set it to 25.

I got curious, so I went and set mine to 1000, then opened up Cheat Engine and used the Speedhack feature of it.

The highest I got was 7x speed - anything past that and Payday 2 I guess gave up and defaulted to normal speed.

So if for whatever reason you get a huge brick of coins all at once, use Cheat Engine to increase PD2's speed to 7x, then weigh down the space bar or whatever and go do something for a few minutes.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Lyrai posted:

I got curious, so I went and set mine to 1000, then opened up Cheat Engine and used the Speedhack feature of it.

The highest I got was 7x speed - anything past that and Payday 2 I guess gave up and defaulted to normal speed.

So if for whatever reason you get a huge brick of coins all at once, use Cheat Engine to increase PD2's speed to 7x, then weigh down the space bar or whatever and go do something for a few minutes.

You can just quit to main menu - you still get the rewards, just no idea what card drop you got.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Discendo Vox posted:

The more I'm thinking about this, the more I'm agreeing with Mas. This seems like a terrible idea and a very distinct gently caress New Players.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Tempest_56 posted:

The more I'm thinking about this, the more I'm agreeing with Mas. This seems like a terrible idea and a very distinct gently caress New Players.

Not even just a "gently caress New Players." Infinite crime spree sounds like how me and my friends already play this game, so it's cool to have an actual codified game mode for that with bonuses and poo poo. But unless CCs become like loving water it sounds like we're going to have to periodically dip out so we can scrounge up coins for the fun tax. Or prolly just find a way to circumvent it.