Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

JethroMcB posted:

Maybe his sister?

Turns out I misread that panel. It was a quote from Stand By Me, not dialogue. In my defense the layout could have been clearer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Oh, boy, it's swell to say
Riverdale, USA

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
I really hope that the murderer is Reggie but there is never any indication or hint that the murderer is Reggie.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
So the letter jacket that FP has would either be the one from the car, or the one Archie gave to the Blossoms? Would there be any other jackets floating around that he would have been able to snag?

Actually, did Archie give the Blossoms a letter jacket or a jersey? I can't remember.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Archie gave them the jersey. I don't think that people have more than one letter jacket, so that's probably the one from the car.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Timeless Appeal posted:

I really hope that the murderer is Reggie but there is never any indication or hint that the murderer is Reggie.

The murderer is not going to be any of the core group.
Really enjoying this show but I can't grasp the story of Juggie and his father.

FP started out as Fred's business partner but was an alcoholic and hosed that up. He is also secretly the leader of the Sea Snakes Motorcycle Clubz?! :wtf: And now he's going back to work for Fred as a day labourer.

So Fred Andrews now has on his payroll: a case of employment fraud (Jughead, who is apparently in high school while working at the drive-in and also working a construction site); a criminal motorcycle club gang leader with a long arrest record; AND the wife of a man in jail for some type of corporate malfeasance, who is now illegally running that business empire while committing fraud herself and bribing the mayor.
And Fred's supposed to be the good guy LOL.

Meanwhile, FP is still in the outlaw gang and just got a huge amount of money for some shady (or maple syrupy) land deal shenanigans, but can only afford to live in a single-wide in a trailer park. :wtf:

He's a dangerously drunk construction worker / sinister, conniving part-time gang leader with anger management issues who maybe wants to get his family back together and has some involvement with the death of Jason Blossom but might have been too drunk to remember what happened....
For an unemployed alcie he sure has a lot going on. But I can't even image what pack of bikers would even follow this conflicted, inconsistent loser.

Binary Logic fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Mar 12, 2017

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Presumably, he isn't actually the leader, but some kind of lieutenant. It makes way more sense this way.

He started as Franks partner, he was short on money and alcohol so he decided to do some odd jobs for the gang on the side. Eventually, Frank was fed up with that poo poo and threw him out. Now unemployed, he became a full time gang member and sort of worked himself up the ladder.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

Also Jughead is a special case. He didn't actually work construction, that's just a fake alibi Fred gave the sheriff for him (And it was during the summer. High schoolers have summer jobs. Archie did construction too). The drive in is because he was living there?

Also: The reason FP is now a day laborer is to get his poo poo together and do something not illegal so his wife and daughter come back. Not sure how you missed all this poo poo man?

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
So FP's an alcoholic (but no drugs or even cigarettes, oh no that would be really bad) biker gang leader with no visible tats, who lives in a dump. What happened to the bag of money he was handed? If this is how he lives why be in the gang, he could have the same lifestyle on loving welfare.

bunnyofdoom posted:

The reason FP is now a day laborer is to get his poo poo together and do something not illegal so his wife and daughter come back.
At the very least, FP torched Jason's car and took his letter jacket as a souvenir and is still holding on to it. He's got a long way to go to get his poo poo back together like maybe get rid of that piece of evidence. And stop drinking for a few minutes.

Fred, supposedly a "good" man, is also a criminal! Now he's committing employment fraud to help Jughead. That's not really helpful, and could come back to bite him.
Also not loving Fred's other new employee, the married woman who can keep her job as long as she's okay with cheating on her husband.

On a positive note I loved the opening dream sequence with Archie and Jughead looking like the original comic book characters.

Binary Logic fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Mar 12, 2017

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

Binary Logic posted:

So FP's an alcoholic (but no drugs or even cigarettes, oh no that would be really bad) biker gang leader with no visible tats, who lives in a dump. What happened to the bag of money he was handed? If this is how he lives why be in the gang, he could have the same lifestyle on loving welfare.

Sad thing about criminal gains: it's hard to use them. If you, a poor unemployed alcoholic, suddenly start buying a bunch of nice poo poo, people are going to start asking questions you don't want to answer. Dude needs to look into money laundering. Alternately, he blows it all on booze. Alcohol isn't cocaine-pricey but it's still pretty expensive.

Also, presumably that entire bag of money was not for FP. There's a whole gang of ne'er do wells to split it with.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

....do you know what employment fraud is? Yes he is lying to the police granted, but he is doing it to protect a youth from a false accusation. He faked a time card for an alibi.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I hope this show slowly evolves into Fred Andrews just teaching all the parents of Riverdale how to be a good parent.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Binary Logic posted:

I know actual MC members and the depiction of the living standards are pretty much dead on. Either a trailer or 4 or 5 of them stacked into a run down house.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I'm an episode behind so I'm not going to read the thread yet to see if anyone commented, but Jughead's search engine of choice when solving a mystery is Sleuthster :stare: This show is so for me.

Though it sucks that it just redirects to a blank WB page when you try to go. I would have bought it and made the site :(

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

feedmyleg posted:

I'm an episode behind so I'm not going to read the thread yet to see if anyone commented, but Jughead's search engine of choice when solving a mystery is Sleuthster :stare: This show is so for me.

Veronica's American Excess card is my favourite thing in the show so far.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

poo poo no you guys, glamazon is my poo poo

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
My uncle at CW told me that in an upcoming episode nothing much happens because they have to keep pausing the action so characters explain their references to Archie.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I can die happy because of the intro to the newest episode. Seeing all the actors with their classic look was a dream come true after completely falling for all of them in their roles over time. I thought it would take the show a lot longer to dip into that particular well.

I think what I love the most about this show is that its writers never take the easy way out and always subvert my expectations. And that they always ride that razor-thin wire between satire and loving homage to both classic Archie and teen dramas.

Also, the show's biggest accomplishment is making me fall for both Betty and Veronica equally, something the comics never quite accomplished. Also making me fall for Cheryl, even though she'd've eaten me alive in high school.

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Mar 16, 2017

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Cheryl is my new Blair Waldorf, and I desperately needed that in my life.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Am I nuts or is Mrs Blossom a goddamned fox?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Is this show off for a few weeks?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

GreenNight posted:

Is this show off for a few weeks?

It doesn't air on Wednesdays. Or did you see a schedule saying it isn't on tmw?

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Next episode doesn't look like it's coming until 3/30 :(

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Yeah my DVR schedule didn't have it on tomorrow or next week.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

RIP.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Sex Archie just put out another bonus episode. In it, Grant and Alaina discuss theories from podcast fans (including one from Yours Truly!), crazy Instagram fans (including one so dumb it makes Grant hilariously angry), their own theories, and the virtues of O Brother, Where Art Thou?, all while being nauseatingly adorable together.

DivisionPost fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Mar 24, 2017

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Here's the link
I love that podcast. It's impressive what stupid theories they dug up. (Not an actual spoiler for the show itself) "Veronica and Jughead both have black hair, so FP is actually Hiram Lodge, who broke out of prison and joined a gang."
It's like speculating that Sheriff Keller and Josie are the same person.

I really want the show to return, though.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Mar 24, 2017

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
http://ew.com/tv/2017/03/24/riverdale-afterlife-archie-zombies-cw/

quote:

Obviously I can’t confirm or deny anything, but I will tell you that Afterlife or not, there definitely will be a big genre element to season 2. It won’t suddenly just be a coming-of-age drama. There will definitely be a very strong, bold genre statement. If season 1 is a murder mystery, it won’t necessarily be another murder mystery. We’re telling, for us, kind of the best version of a murder mystery: Who killed Jason Blossom? So whatever twist in genre element that we add in season 2, it’s going to be different from that and probably, I think, it’s going to make people go, “They’re not really doing that, are they?”

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
New episode tonight.

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won
Cole Sprouse has apparently 'hacked' KJ Apa's Twitter:

https://twitter.com/kj_apa/status/847622501966295040

https://twitter.com/kj_apa/status/847626708534476800

https://twitter.com/kj_apa/status/847628332850073602

https://twitter.com/kj_apa/status/847634005998436353

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

this is a hell of an outfit for Jughead to be wearing in New York State in, what, mid-late October?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Pinterest Mom posted:

this is a hell of an outfit for Jughead to be wearing in New York State in, what, mid-late October?

A sexy one?

I am very confused and enraged by the concept of sexy Jughead

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Pinterest Mom posted:

Haha what the gently caress

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

bunnyofdoom posted:

A sexy one?

I am very confused and enraged by the concept of sexy Jughead

You missed the Sexy Jughead bubble of 2015 eh

the entire internet wanted to gently caress jughead with the zdarsky relaunch
https://twitter.com/acosmos/status/633733403003645953/photo/1

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004

Pinterest Mom posted:

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

So I heard Archie hosed young hot Ms Grundy in this show, how much of a thing is that? Because that seems like a really good reason to watch to me.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

The Narrator posted:

Cole Sprouse has apparently 'hacked' KJ Apa's Twitter:

https://twitter.com/kj_apa/status/847622501966295040

Speaking of: Archie, you dumbass. Rolling into a Serpents bar ("WHYTE WYRM") in your goddamn letterman jacket.

Lightning Lord posted:

So I heard Archie hosed young hot Ms Grundy in this show, how much of a thing is that? Because that seems like a really good reason to watch to me.

Not much of a thing, because much to the producers' surprise people weren't down with a child predator storyline right out of the gate. But in episode 3 Betty and Veronica set a honeypot trap in a hot tub for the captain of the football team, and Betty puts on a black bob wig and sultry lingerie.

It's a good show.

JethroMcB fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Mar 31, 2017

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

JethroMcB posted:

...much to the producers' surprise people weren't down with a child predator storyline right out of the gate.

Nah, Grundy's exit was baked in. She left town, when, episode 4? That would've been in post, if not entirely in the can, by the time the first episode aired.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

DivisionPost posted:

Nah, Grundy's exit was baked in. She left town, when, episode 4? That would've been in post, if not entirely in the can, by the time the first episode aired.

I recall reading that the producers explained the decision to write her out was made after focus grouping the pilot but before going to series, but I can't find a source.

JethroMcB fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Mar 31, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

hell yes looking forward to sabrina resurrecting jason

• Locked thread