Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
This game is
This poll is closed.
Great! 180 32.61%
Awesome! 212 38.41%
Good! 160 28.99%
Total: 552 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Augus posted:

neither leg day nor the concept of skipping it nor jokes centering around it are or were specifically references to paul ryan.
I am absolutely shocked, just shocked, that goons aren't familiar with gym lingo!

I know man I was saying it was already old hat by 2012, but I could see people who have never worked out not picking up on it until then, like when people's parents started spreading Chuck Norris memes on FB years after it was funny

Do I also need to explain what old hat means or is that going to spawn another multi-page argument

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

cvnvcnv posted:

Nerds hear a commom thing yet have no idea what it is, do an internet search, and discover something so outside their reality that the only way to reconcile any of it is to sloppily apply the concept to bideojame and animes as a commentary on art design?

No, you're right about it being a joke. I understand now.

Yea you tell 'em! Prove that you, a poster in the FFXV thread, are definitely not a nerd! Make 'em understand that you know about gyms, and sex, and other non-nerd stuff. Tell 'em good!

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005
Who would keep around an old hat? :confused:

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Die Sexmonster! posted:

Who would keep around an old hat? :confused:

What else do you tip at Pro Memesters to acknowledge you 'get memes'

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
I just went through the effort of getting that ring insta kill thing set up from a few pages back (getting my magic up via the Altissia pinball).

My ps4 just downloaded a 1.08 patch though. They haven't fixed that have they? I was hoping to abuse it when I got home from work tonight.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'm imagine that such a quick bugfix release is going to patch that up for sure.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

One thing that's confusing me about the memes is that Ignis' common line is one but Ignis and Final Fantasy XV the videogame is not. How the heck does that work?!

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

So what did y'all think of the Gladio DLC?

I thought it was a nice little side adventure, though I don't think it really fixes how awkward it is when Gladio leaves in the main game. It's kind of interesting that they play up the idea of his insecurities about being the Shield, but it's not like that suddenly changes how I view events that occurred afterward, such as his large beef with Noctis.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

I'm honestly disappointed that it didn't give us a better reason for that, because it still makes his whole thing with Noctis dumb. It gave us some really nice music though.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I'm imagine that such a quick bugfix release is going to patch that up for sure.

Seems like it was to fix a bug with the Ifrit fight.

I think I'll turn off automatic updates when I get in just so I can have fun with the God Ring when I get in.

I did the Adamantoise last night and it was really satisfying to one shot it.

How exactly is it working again? Like does it now have a 75% chance of insta killing its target or something and buffing up your magic stat to >1000 just makes it do absurd damage to anything that's not insta killed?

edit: Actually, after dicking around in this for the last hour, there's not really much left that's fun for me to kill. I can't be arsed with the optional dungeons and i spent a bit of time trying to get Angelus to spawn before i gave up with the RNG nonsense.

I also completely forgot about how much of a ballache getting AP is so there's not even the interest in maxing out my characters.

Kin fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Mar 31, 2017

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru
Remember that collaboration between Square-Enix and MachineZone for Final Fantasy XV?

quote:

The proper console version of Final Fantasy XV was one hell of a game, particularly when you take something that's already delicious like Cup Noodles and add in the finest, freshest ingredients, what do you get? The ultimate flavor experience. While you're selecting your favorite ingredient, you can now check out the just-soft launched Final Fantasy XV: A New Empire mobile game, which appears to beat the dead horse of re-skinning empire builders with new and/or popular IP. (To be fair, the idea of building an empire at least makes sense inside of the Final Fantasy XV universe.)

Eagle eyed forum member KeKhan spotted the game in New Zealand, and while it seems like it just came out, I'm sure some first impressions will start drizzling into our forums soon enough. The iTunes text promises your favorite FFXV characters, along with all the social and battle mechanics that you typically see in Game of War-likes. If it's anything like other Final Fantasy social RPG's, chances are there will be a lot of fan service, which could be a good thing depending on where you stand on FFXV.

I sort of think games like this are a lot like clickers- While there's little variety between them, all you really need is a theme that clicks with you to make the game appealing. (Like how Bitcoin Billionaire [Free] did it for me.) As far as when this will launch worldwide, that's anyone's guess, but judging on how similar Final Fantasy titles have handled their soft launch to worldwide rollout, we're likely looking at anywhere between a couple weeks to a couple months, so stay tuned.

http://toucharcade.com/2017/03/31/final-fantasy-xv-a-new-empire-soft-launches-on-the-new-zealand-app-store/

No, this isn't an early April Fool's Joke. It's a F2P MMO strategy game since that's what MachineZone specializes in. Most people know them for making Game of War and spending millions on Superbowl commercials.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

so did they fix the ring?

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
Famitsu did a survey about FFXV

feelings were generally positive, half of players spent more than 100 hours on it, no one likes Gladio (rating only above Gentiana), etc.

smuh
Feb 21, 2011

Everyone liked Aranea which is very good, maybe they'll replace Gladio with her. For the entire storyline. Gladio can take Aranea's place as the background character.

Also I now realize an Aranea dlc woulda been way more interesting instead of Gladiolus

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

smuh posted:

Everyone liked Aranea which is very good, maybe they'll replace Gladio with her. For the entire storyline. Gladio can take Aranea's place as the background character.

Also I now realize an Aranea dlc woulda been way more interesting instead of Gladiolus

Gladio just pops out of the sky to talk poo poo and kill a couple baddies, then fucks off again.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

GreenBuckanneer posted:

so did they fix the ring?

Regardless of Square's intention, I believe making the Ring vastly more powerful was fixing it and I'm glad for the change. There's nothing in the patch notes about reverting the changes, so I hope it's here to stay, it was very disappointing in its original form.

smuh
Feb 21, 2011

Szurumbur posted:

Regardless of Square's intention, I believe making the Ring vastly more powerful was fixing it and I'm glad for the change. There's nothing in the patch notes about reverting the changes, so I hope it's here to stay, it was very disappointing in its original form.
Yeah for what it was hyped to be in both the dumb movie and the game, you wouldn't expect when you finally wear it for its powers to be 'lame bullshit' and 'ineffectual garbage'. Like this is what people fought and died for? Were they being trolled by the old kings??

Anyways the ring is perfect as it now is.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I tried to use the ring to evaporate the turtle, but it didn't work :(

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

1redflag posted:

Reports indicate that it can take a ton of tries. Some people reported doing over 200 Alterna casts and nothing and others 4.

I tried a bunch and didn't banish it so I just spent about 5-7 minutes using Death on it.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

1redflag posted:

Did you ramp your magic up to >1000?

When i first started trying it against the adamtoise, i found i wasnt actually holding the buttons downlong enough, and was letting go when the firt spherical effects showed up rather than holding it down all the way through to the end.

After i realised that, it was basically 100% in every encounter with my magic up at 1300 or so.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Kin posted:

Did you ramp your magic up to >1000?

When i first started trying it against the adamtoise, i found i wasnt actually holding the buttons downlong enough, and was letting go when the firt spherical effects showed up rather than holding it down all the way through to the end.

After i realised that, it was basically 100% in every encounter with my magic up at 1300 or so.

Hmm, my magic was >1100, but maybe I wasn't holding triangle down long enough (I waited for the audible glass-crashing noise, then would release). Will try again tonight I suppose.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

1redflag posted:

Hmm, my magic was >1100, but maybe I wasn't holding triangle down long enough (I waited for the audible glass-crashing noise, then would release). Will try again tonight I suppose.

Yeah, that's what i did. You have to hold it down until the skies darken and everything dies.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
fun story I left Costlemark in the middle so I could go do the Adamantoise instead and now I can't use items anywhere

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

morallyobjected posted:

fun story I left Costlemark in the middle so I could go do the Adamantoise instead and now I can't use items anywhere

congrats on unlocking hard mode!

Shazaminator
Oct 11, 2007
The power of Shazam compels you!

CrashScreen posted:

I'm honestly disappointed that it didn't give us a better reason for that, because it still makes his whole thing with Noctis dumb. It gave us some really nice music though.

This is something that annoys the poo poo out of me. Gladio is constantly on Noctis' back about not acting like a king, but apparently he doesn't give a poo poo about talking to the king with any respect or whatever. Pretty sure the king's bodyguard isn't supposed to be such a dick to the king.

Also Noct is apparently a better man than I because I would constantly just be yelling "shut the gently caress up and do what I say, I'm the loving king" at everyone who gave me any sass.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
Well the majority of the game is about Noctis accepting that he's king with all that it entails.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Renoistic posted:

Well the majority of the game is about Noctis accepting that he's king with all that it entails.

I thought it'd be neat if there was more king stuff like the negotiation in Altissia (though thinking about it I don't know what happens if you do bad on that part - I guess everything plays out the same afterwards pretty much)

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Noct looks confused/tired for most of the game so watching Gladio yell at him seems even more depressing. It did make me realize how their relationship dynamics worked out like Prom being his only normal friend, Ignis as his butler, and Gladio just dragging him around then vanishing on his own for a bit.

Sadly, just reading the review on the DLC hasn't redeemed Gladio much. Oh well, I'll wait and see if they improve upon the other DLC to judge.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I do love how haggard Noct looks in the last chapter, though.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Kelp Me! posted:

I do love how haggard Noct looks in the last chapter, though.

Everyone has Good Hair in the last chapter, though, for real.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

After nier and now person 5.

Yeeeshhh what a poo poo show this game was.

I'd give the lovingly rendered food a 10 outa 10 tho

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
For all its flaws I still give XV that it has my favourite main cast in a really long time barring maybe Gladio.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Ignis is the bro they don't deserve

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
I was surprised the ending was decent. I got my fill for now with the 30 hours invested.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

KingShiro posted:

with the 30 hours invested.

yes... 30.... me too..

incidentally, I just got the platinum. :toot: I think I've gotten more in the past year than the entire 5-6 before that.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

If the Ring is still broken working as intended, I will probs work on getting the plat after finishing ME:A.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

GreenBuckanneer posted:

If the Ring is still broken working as intended, I will probs work on getting the plat after finishing ME:A.

I had to try for like 20 minutes, but it still works, yeah. my last one was fishing but that didn't take very long with the best rod/tackle and the dragon line.

it was funny to listen to my Bros yell at me concerned about the line snapping when I was just holding R2 the whole time for the little fish though

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLt2FpOk0yo

you can buy AP via fishing now? WTF

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I actually have every trophy except for survival to get the platinum and just got distracted and never went back to it. I figure with the patches and such they're doing it might be nice to see what they changed anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
So if you have the dlc fishing stuff you can get up to 160 fish per hour.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFXV/comments/688m1h/150_to_170_fishing_tq_rankhow/

• Locked thread