Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Start a go fund me for sure!

I don't have much spare cash atm but I would give a little and share the link with my friends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
I'm probably going to get dogpiled for doing this but it has gone on long enough.

:siren: ATTENTION DEATH THREAD POSTERS :siren:

For the past two days you have been arguing with posts blindly copy pasted from Bolter and Chainsword. Multiple people have tried to tell you this but you have willfully ignored it. Did you not wonder why the arguments were disjointed and contradictory?! What is wrong with you. Good loving god.

Who will be the first to post "hurr I was only pretending to be retarded"? Who will be first to bravely claim they knew all along? Will we have a puppetmaster?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

TTerrible posted:

Did you not wonder why the arguments were disjointed and contradictory?!

Perhaps the greater question to ask is why not a single person not in on the joke actually noticed?

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
Wait, so the sick cat is on Bolter and Chainsword? I'm so confused.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.

Iceclaw posted:

April's fools is coming early this year, isn't it?

Nobody listened. :negative:

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

TTerrible posted:

I'm probably going to get dogpiled for doing this but it has gone on long enough.

For the past two days you have been arguing with posts blindly copy pasted from Bolter and Chainsword. Multiple people have tried to tell you this but you have willfully ignored it. Did you not wonder why the arguments were disjointed and contradictory?! What is wrong with you. Good loving god.

Who will be the first to post "hurr I was only pretending to be retarded"? Who will be first to bravely claim they knew all along? Will we have a puppetmaster?

Please don't belittle my posting.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

ijyt posted:

Please don't belittle my posting.

Plagiarizing your shitposts, a shameful goon.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

NTRabbit posted:

Perhaps the greater question to ask is why not a single person not in on the joke actually noticed?

Absolute blind rage at people posting something positive about GW without actually checking the posters history or applying any critical thought whatsoever? The drive to OWN THIS loving GW CHEERLEADING SHITSTAIN was completely overpowering.

Or something else. Who knows.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

TTerrible posted:

hurr i was only pretending to be retarded

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

kingcom posted:

hurr i was only pretending to be retarded

I wish I'd made a bingo card.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

TTerrible posted:

I wish I'd made a bingo card.

Please replace my avatar with it tia.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

kingcom posted:

Please replace my avatar with it tia.

I like your current grey square.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

TTerrible posted:

I like your current grey square.

Its actually the GW mold design.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

TTerrible posted:

:vince:

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
Awuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Oh man I wondered what was going on here. Jeez, guys.

Question: with the amount of detail 40k has in regards to treatment of individual models, detail in statlines, etc, would massively reducing army sizes make any difference? For example, the contents of a start collecting box would be a whole army. I suspect no, but I've always looked at the tables crammed with models and wondered how on earth anyone is meant to move tactically (or at all) like that.

I also just want Dawn of War 2 the tabletop game.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

The Deleter posted:

Question: with the amount of detail 40k has in regards to treatment of individual models, detail in statlines, etc, would massively reducing army sizes make any difference? For example, the contents of a start collecting box would be a whole army. I suspect no, but I've always looked at the tables crammed with models and wondered how on earth anyone is meant to move tactically (or at all) like that.

This is part of why people are excited for Shadow Wars Armageddon.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
shut up about your dumb garbage tier meta trolling poo poo

I wanna help that kitty :(

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

TTerrible posted:

Absolute blind rage at people posting something positive about GW without actually checking the posters history or applying any critical thought whatsoever? The drive to OWN THIS loving GW CHEERLEADING SHITSTAIN was completely overpowering.

Or something else. Who knows.

Look, it's hard not to get worked up when you care so little about something.

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Feels like I just got laid

TTerrible posted:

One of the posts even mentioned b&c, and I recognized the wolfity wolf wolf post style from b&c, but a part from that it was hard to tell who c/p and who replied in earnest. I sure spent more time on SA reading all that poo poo than I should have!

Bad Decision Dino
Aug 3, 2010

We'll invade Russia.

TTerrible posted:

Will we have a puppetmaster?
Besides yourself you mean?

The Deleter posted:

I would recommend looking into the Combat Patrol and Kill Team formats of 40k.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

Not a viking posted:

One of the posts even mentioned b&c, and I recognized the wolfity wolf wolf post style from b&c, but a part from that it was hard to tell who c/p and who replied in earnest. I sure spent more time on SA reading all that poo poo than I should have!

This was me. I did try to directly reply to people I thought were earnestly debating and I indirectly replied to people who were probably trolling but my guess was they held that point of view even if they didn't write the post themself.

But I sit at home all day with an infant listening to Disney songs so my brain is mush.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops
There was definitely some OG shitposting, yeah.

It proves the weakness of the "joke's on you" gag, at least, since I'm just assuming everyone has poo poo taste rather than pulling a cunning comedic masterstroke.

Put it this way: It's like covering yourself in poo poo, and then laughing at people who think you're the kind of person who'd cover yourself in poo poo.

spectralent fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Mar 31, 2017

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Bad Decision Dino posted:

Besides yourself you mean?

I didn't do any of it. I just thought it'd gone far enough. :shrug:

spectralent posted:

It proves the weakness of the "joke's on you" gag, at least, since I'm just assuming everyone has poo poo taste rather than pulling a cunning comedic masterstroke.

Put it this way: It's like covering yourself in poo poo, and then laughing at people who think you're the kind of person who'd cover yourself in poo poo.

On a scale of 1-10 exactly how not mad are you.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

spectralent posted:

You are the worst loving one in this thread and I seriously worry for your mental and emotional health.

Bad Decision Dino
Aug 3, 2010

We'll invade Russia.

TTerrible posted:

TTerrible posted:

You're doing it right now?

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

TTerrible posted:

I didn't do any of it. I just thought it'd gone far enough. :shrug:

I'd say seven, seven and a half.

ijyt posted:

You are the worst loving one in this thread and I seriously worry for your mental and emotional health.

Coming from the person with the rabbit tracer avatar.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Are you sure?

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
Does this mean TheChirurgeon actually would play a miniature game with me?

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

You guys are worse than reddit rats.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Real talk I am actually uncontrollably angry about people who get mad at GMO food because they read an article in the mail about how it'll give them three heads.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Ok but really, my post wasn't an attempt at puppet mastering this poo poo. I didn't organise it or take part. I just thought it was running out of steam.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

spectralent posted:

Coming from the person with the rabbit tracer avatar.

Oh no guys, I've been roasted. I am sure to find someone pointing out the thing I picked myself an insult.

I think I will need counselling!

Bad Decision Dino
Aug 3, 2010

We'll invade Russia.

spectralent posted:

You guys are worse than reddit rats.

What?

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

TTerrible posted:

Ok but really, my post wasn't an attempt at puppet mastering this poo poo. I didn't organise it or take part. I just thought it was running out of steam.

Oh yeah, sure. The article the GMO thing comes from is literally top search on google. I was just actually mad. In terms of trolling that was definitely the best post, the rest were just making me take forever on facebook stapling arguments together.

ijyt posted:

Oh no guys, I've been roasted. I am sure to find someone pointing out the thing I picked myself an insult.

I think I will need counselling!

EDIT: In case it needs to be clearer I have also mostly been copy-pasting arguments from the internet.

JackMack
Nov 3, 2007
Don't worry death thread, there was a counter strike in the 40k thread and thanks to a fairly lazy troll we have had to endure twenty four hours of "why aren't there female space marines... " for the millionth loving time. It turns out we are all dickheads. Who would have thought it?

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

JackMack posted:

Don't worry death thread, there was a counter strike in the 40k thread and thanks to a fairly lazy troll we have had to endure twenty four hours of "why aren't there female space marines... " for the millionth loving time. It turns out we are all dickheads. Who would have thought it?

Has it ever been in doubt

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

I know this guy has been posted in the thread before, but holy gently caress. :regd10:

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
It's such a loving bad model I can't even put it into words any more.

It's like that primarch fanart from a few years ago that was in a pseudo-WoW style with gems all over armour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

spectralent posted:

Oh yeah, sure. The article the GMO thing comes from is literally top search on google. I was just actually mad. In terms of trolling that was definitely the best post, the rest were just making me take forever on facebook stapling arguments together.

EDIT: In case it needs to be clearer I have also mostly been copy-pasting arguments from the internet.

It doesn't count if you write them up on notepad before hand. :allears:

• Locked thread